Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [wta] RM20K for new house renovation

views

vampirewolf
post Dec 14 2017, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(bigred @ Dec 13 2017, 07:41 PM)
Quick check on Lazada shows it is RM599 for the 2 feet + 3 power adaptors.  On average, they are pricing it between RM200  - RM300 per electrical point.  Premium versus contractor who charges RM90 - 150 per point but without the hassle of hacking.
maybe i remember wrongly as i visit their booth sometime ago in Mid valley...i rmb the cheaper package was 2k over...maybe include few items
ChuanHong
post Dec 14 2017, 04:16 PM

I <3 Xperia
4,299 posts

20k is possible one.. depend on your requirement lo.. make those necessary first in my opinion..

lighting = all surface.. average 14 light points at rm50 = RM700 plus labor installation fee = max rm1000.
fan = normally 4 fans if 1 living + 3 rooms = RM600 (150 each), may get lower price if u buy online or regulator type.
bedroom set + mattress RM2k (coconut fire mattress)
sofa bed - RM1k or lower
heater RM300
fridge 1k
washing machine 500
door grill 1k
the rest use to buy cabinets or others..
aaron1717
post Dec 16 2017, 10:23 AM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

20k as pure renovation? F&F another budget? if 20k purely as renovation... its possible...

just focus on kitchen cabinet, living room and master bedroom reno... the rest let it before for now as long all your rooms are ready to be occupy now...

do plaster ceiling (i think your existing unit should have one already, maybe can take this out), basic wirings, kitchen cabinet, lighting installations, grille will do.... 20k should be at least enough for this... the most expensive should be your kitchen cabinet... i suggest to work harder for cheaper quotation...

dont do any additional wet-work unless needed... since its new house... very minimal wet-work required except on the addition of wiring... everything else remain status quo even if its not that nice... but at least its new...

This post has been edited by aaron1717: Dec 16 2017, 10:26 AM
MonsterPips
post Dec 16 2017, 08:46 PM

Casual
332 posts

Kitchen cabinet. Just do the lower one. Hanging one add later
Grille
Curtain
Paint yourself

This post has been edited by MonsterPips: Dec 16 2017, 08:46 PM
Dwango
post Dec 17 2017, 12:13 PM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(mrhulk @ Nov 27 2017, 10:05 AM)
i have RM20K budget for my new house renovation.....

What is the best way to spend RM20 for my house renovation?

it is single storey terrace house, house location is the middle, house will completed in next weeks....

in my mind , i plan  1) put new sink and cabinet in kitchen...2) put grille on windows and doors......

i dont know how much should i spend on this sink/cabinet in kitchen and the grille...is there anything else i have to install or renovate?
Floor plan : http://www.ioijohor.com/data/images/item/i..._floor_plan.jpg

this is my first house....
I usually don't post too much on this forum but looking at some responses here I cannot tahan already. Some of the posts look like Kopitiam style but everyone is entitled to his opinions so that is comprehensible.

Those comments such as "Wahhh, not enough lah. 20k already take out the whole kitchen budget already" or "20k is peanuts these days and you cant' do much" etc. basically don't take these comments seriously buddy. Your house is in a new neighbourhood right? If that's the case I am sure there will be few (or many) renovation contractors that will be looking for business. Get some quotations for the kitchen cabinet and grilles.

As some here has mentioned, RM20k for basic renovation is enough. It depends on what you choose in the end. If you want a big kitchen cabinet with granite top and fancy fittings, even RM20k is not enough. For basic kitchen, you can get it done for RM3k to 5k depending on how big you want the cabinet to be. Instead of granite top, tiles for the table top will be cheaper. Wet kitchen you can do a small table top for cooking and dry kitchen you can just plan for a small area. For storage you can just get some open racks like the ones shown in the 1st page, but the cheaper ones from Ikea(look at the Pantry section of Ikea website and you will know what I mean).

Iron grille is a must for single-storey and you can get few quotations on this. So to answer your question, RM20k for kitchen and iron grille renovation is possible. You may even get it done at RM15k or lower too. It is only when you consider the other aspects of renovation such electrical appliances and the installation cost (light, fan, air-cond, water heater, fridge, washing machine etc.), then that will add up to the total cost and RM20k will likely be insufficient.

Not forgetting the wardrobe for bedrooms and furniture (sofa and TV bench etc.) which will also take up a bit more money.

Dwango
post Dec 17 2017, 12:25 PM

Casual
491 posts

Since I got a bit of time, I have gone to Ikea's website and post this thing for you to see.

For the kitchen cabinet, you can just do a small one. Don't need to do a big one which covers the entire area that will take up more cost. You want low cost, you do a small and basic kitchen, not a big kitchen covering the whole area with premium materials. With a small kitchen, you can then consider getting these shelving units from Ikea and place it beside the kitchen cabinet. Only RM50 for one piece, cheap cheap.

user posted image

user posted image

Or you want better quality one, RM178 per piece for this :-

user posted image

There is a price level for everything. You want cheap, you consider the basic quality.

This post has been edited by Dwango: Dec 17 2017, 12:27 PM
SUSadvocado
post Dec 17 2017, 10:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(mrhulk @ Nov 27 2017, 10:05 AM)
i have RM20K budget for my new house renovation.....

What is the best way to spend RM20 for my house renovation?

it is single storey terrace house, house location is the middle, house will completed in next weeks....

in my mind , i plan  1) put new sink and cabinet in kitchen...2) put grille on windows and doors......

i dont know how much should i spend on this sink/cabinet in kitchen and the grille...is there anything else i have to install or renovate?
Floor plan : http://www.ioijohor.com/data/images/item/i..._floor_plan.jpg

this is my first house....
for own stay or rent/invest?

Sink should cost you rm200-500.

Cabinet if buy Ikea simple one rm2k can get.

grille on window depend how big, maybe rm5k for windows & door simple one.

simple plaster ceiling should be around rm4/sqft.

downlight around rm30/pc.

socket/switch/wiring depends how many you need.

then you got AC pipe & wiring.

then you got Alarm, CCTV.

and if single storey suggest you do something to seal the roof.

20k achievable, but nothing fancy, really basic.

not including gadgets/appliances/furnitures.
Pucca&Garu
post Dec 18 2017, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

Single storey like an apartment, RM25k can include everything from light fitting, simple loose furniture, electrical appliances and basic security system. If you are looking at custom made furniture, then is another story.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:23 PM