Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Methodist College Kuala Lumpur

views

TSAstreaSnow
post Nov 21 2017, 05:22 PM, updated 7y ago

2 posts

Anyone knows if forecast/trial results is used to apply for the Methodist College Kuala Lumpur Merit Scholarship and the applicant is offered the scholarship but then in actual SPM examination the applicant's results declined a little, say: The current requirement for 100% scholarship in MCKL is at least 9As with at least 7A+, and the applicant qualified for that with his trials, but the actual SPM he only get 6A+ or 5A+,will the scholarship be revoked? Thanks in advance for answers
1234kingbling
post Nov 21 2017, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

QUOTE(AstreaSnow @ Nov 21 2017, 05:22 PM)
Anyone knows if forecast/trial results is used to apply for the Methodist College Kuala Lumpur Merit Scholarship and the applicant is offered the scholarship but then in actual SPM examination the applicant's results declined a little, say: The current requirement for 100% scholarship in MCKL is at least 9As with at least 7A+, and the applicant qualified for that with his trials, but the actual SPM he only get 6A+ or 5A+,will the scholarship be revoked? Thanks in advance for answers
It usually wont be revoked or adjusted. Provided you use the forecast and enter the January intake. You would have to call and check if its the same now.
Buyalotforgaming
post Nov 21 2017, 09:07 PM

Casual
493 posts

You actually need to check the offer itself. If it's a conditional offer (subject to you scoring on your actual SPM), then the offer is there, but not guaranteed. So long as you get the required results, its yours.

If it's unconditional from the trial exam itself, then the SPM results no longer has any bearing on the offer.

This post has been edited by Buyalotforgaming: Nov 21 2017, 09:07 PM
TSAstreaSnow
post Nov 22 2017, 11:38 AM

2 posts

Yes I did apply for January intake using my forecast results. The offer says that January intake students who obtained their Merit Scholarship based on their trial results, will have the option of upgrading or downgrading their scholarship based on their actual SPM results. Does it mean I can choose to not downgrade even if my actual SPM results doesn't meet the requirement for the scholarship I was given?
iSean
post Nov 22 2017, 01:29 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

Everything is still based off your "Actual SPM results".
Anyhow, if you don't mind paying for the "extra" examination fees for A-Levels there compared to most other A-Level Colleges in Malaysia. doh.gif
And having the risk of good and bad lecturers... [not sure the issue fixed yet or not]
Going through A-level end of semester exams and trials with outrageous standards from the Singapore-Cambridge H2 A-level board for some Science Subjects.
Complete nearly impossibly thick past year papers for all subjects, with some of them little help from your lecturers. mega_shok.gif
You are most welcome to join here.

I failed to maintained my merit scholarship despite having it a minimum 15% tho.
Like most 15% - 30% scholarship here during our batch...

If you are joining AUSMAT, please maintain your assignments marks as it contributes to your final exams.
jasontantenghuat
post Nov 27 2017, 12:54 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(AstreaSnow @ Nov 22 2017, 11:38 AM)
Yes I did apply for January intake using my forecast results. The offer says that January intake students who obtained their Merit Scholarship based on their trial results, will have the option of upgrading or downgrading their scholarship based on their actual SPM results. Does it mean I can choose to not downgrade even if my actual  SPM results doesn't meet the requirement for the scholarship I was given?
You have the option to upgrade or downgrade but MCKL will not downgrade you if you actual results fall below the requirements.

Your only risk is if you get less than 5 credits.
iSean
post Nov 27 2017, 09:35 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(jasontantenghuat @ Nov 27 2017, 12:54 PM)
You have the option to upgrade or downgrade but MCKL will not downgrade you if you actual results fall below the requirements.

Your only risk is if you get less than 5 credits.
Are you a staff from MCKL tho? hmm.gif
jasontantenghuat
post Nov 29 2017, 01:28 PM

Casual
337 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Nov 27 2017, 09:35 PM)
Are you a staff from MCKL tho?  hmm.gif
Yes.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:12 AM