Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HELP! ANYONE HAS THIS FOOD? MY CAT IS IN DANGER

views

TSamykana2
post Nov 20 2017, 10:11 PM, updated 7y ago

28 posts

I need help please! I need the royal canin urinary s/o canned cat food and i need it immediately as my cat is diagnosed with critical condition kidney stone. Anyone has this please? I need it fast and im afraid to buy in bulk also because its his first time he may not eat it. Anyone in peninsular malaysia has this food? I would want to come to ur place and get it immediately right now.. because delivery takes too damn long. I will buy at least 2-3, if he eats i will buy more but most importantly fast and available. Pls heeeelp!

This post has been edited by amykana2: Nov 20 2017, 10:20 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cloud9_lee
post Nov 20 2017, 10:28 PM

Casual
369 posts

http://www.royalcanin.my/contact-us
cloud9_lee
post Nov 20 2017, 10:42 PM

Casual
369 posts

https://www.lazada.com.my/royal-canin-veter...kg-3803944.html
Hevlaska
post Nov 20 2017, 10:49 PM

Casual
366 posts

i can feel your urgency

My advise is,

1. Products like this, chances are you may find them at Vets instead of petshops. Not many petshop stocks up on specialized diet food like these. Try google and look around your area, search for Vets, call them up or go directly and ask if they have anything for cats with your condition.

2. Instead of Royal Canin, personally, i would go for Hills (SciencePlan) for medical/condition oriented diet products.

3. To promote appetite in your kitty, try to warm the food slightly before serving. Logic is same as a Hot vs Cold nasi lemak, where the smell permeates more when its hot stimulating appetite.

4. You have to plan for the long term on what you want to do, taking care of kitties like this is not easy, and not cheap to feed them stuff like this for life. For the time being, avoid dry food. Cheap wet food is better for Kidney Stones than any super-branded dry food/kibbles.

Good luck finding them and may your kitties recover well.
TSamykana2
post Nov 20 2017, 11:28 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(cloud9_lee @ Nov 20 2017, 10:28 PM)
Thank u darling im not sure if they have stock or not will try tmr morning to call at the mean time still loooking for anyone who has some of these
TSamykana2
post Nov 20 2017, 11:32 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Nov 20 2017, 10:49 PM)
i can feel your urgency
My advise is,

1. Products like this, chances are you may find them at Vets instead of petshops. Not many petshop stocks up on specialized diet food like these. Try google and look around your area, search for Vets, call them up or go directly and ask if they have anything for cats with your condition.

2. Instead of Royal Canin, personally, i would go for Hills (SciencePlan) for medical/condition oriented diet products.

3. To promote appetite in your kitty, try to warm the food slightly before serving. Logic is same as a Hot vs Cold nasi lemak, where the smell permeates more when its hot stimulating appetite.

4. You have to plan for the long term on what you want to do, taking care of kitties like this is not easy, and not cheap to feed them stuff like this for life. For the time being, avoid dry food. Cheap wet food is better for Kidney Stones than any super-branded dry food/kibbles.

Good luck finding them and may your kitties recover well.
Thank u sooooo much! I will also call Vets i do hope they have some in stock but meanwhile stil llooking around..i heard hills prescription s/d also works fine but ive known some food that hills made almost killed pets..i didnt research about royal canin yet..ill take note of hills science plan ..but does that helps dissolve stones? And thanks for the 3rd advise yes thats true didnt tot of it lol..is it Vets or any animal clinic? I tried vets but many others came out instead of juz “vets”

This post has been edited by amykana2: Nov 20 2017, 11:35 PM
Hevlaska
post Nov 20 2017, 11:38 PM

Casual
366 posts

you can include the following keywords in your search

Klinik Haiwan (this is malaysia afterall..)
Veterinary
Animal Clinic
Pet Clinic

Hills is very reputable in terms of specialized food, i dont think any food at properly dissolve the stones, depending on how bad the stone is, you may have to opt for surgery.

Be extra careful with Male kitty, salt, dry food without water, these are top contributors.

Try stay away from supermarket shelf kibblets like whiskas/friskies or such they are pretty bad for cats based on personal experience and other petowners. Wet food are okay regardless of brands.

Good luck finding and i wish your cat all the best.
TSamykana2
post Nov 20 2017, 11:42 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Nov 20 2017, 11:38 PM)
you can include the following keywords in your search

Klinik Haiwan (this is malaysia afterall..)
Veterinary
Animal Clinic
Pet Clinic

Hills is very reputable in terms of specialized food, i dont think any food at properly dissolve the stones, depending on how bad the stone is, you may have to opt for surgery.

Be extra careful with Male kitty, salt, dry food without water, these are top contributors.

Try stay away from supermarket shelf kibblets like whiskas/friskies or such they are pretty bad for cats based on personal experience and other petowners. Wet food are okay regardless of brands.

Good luck finding and i wish your cat all the best.
Oooo!! Because the doc says his condition is critical chances he may not survive the surgery thats why im looking for another option first..yes he is male TT ty dor the advise..wet food..die la i have 5 cats my salary all go thre lol dunwan adopt anymore lolz..we giv wet n dry but mostly dry..haiz i suspect is the other biscuit we bought new..and i dont know the name..tyty fr advise!

Hevlaska
post Nov 20 2017, 11:46 PM

Casual
366 posts

dont pamper your kitties with wet food all the time, save wet food as a treat. Get them accustomed to dry food but make sure they take plenty of water.

Another thing to note based on your statement, kidney/urinary problems is common for cats especially male cats, but they dont develop overnight, they take a long time before it becomes alarming. Since once of your kitty is diagnosed with kidney stone, you may want to reconsider what you feed them.

Managing 5 cats is not easy, i had 8 cats (adopted) at my lowest financial times in life back then, thus i can feel you, i ate bread and roti canai while they are enjoying their royal canins. But it is important you manage them well and set up discipline for both yourself and your cats. Foods, what to do, what not to do etc.
TSamykana2
post Nov 21 2017, 01:48 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Nov 20 2017, 11:46 PM)
dont pamper your kitties with wet food all the time, save wet food as a treat. Get them accustomed to dry food but make sure they take plenty of water.

Another thing to note based on your statement, kidney/urinary problems is common for cats especially male cats, but they dont develop overnight, they take a long time before it becomes alarming. Since once of your kitty is diagnosed with kidney stone, you may want to reconsider what you feed them.

Managing 5 cats is not easy, i had 8 cats (adopted) at my lowest financial times in life back then, thus i can feel you, i ate bread and roti canai while they are enjoying their royal canins. But it is important you manage them well and set up discipline for both yourself and your cats. Foods, what to do, what not to do etc.
Omg I literally laugh for ur sacrifice fr ur darlings hehehe..thank u will but im not sure how to tell them “drink water!!” Lol they eat more dry food than wet..but my fluffy state is already in critical condition thats why..im worried its been sometime but we didnt notice it..TT he cried while urinating breaks my heart TT
Hevlaska
post Nov 21 2017, 02:08 AM

Casual
366 posts

yeah i laughed typing that too, brings back so much memories... i missed all my little furballs, i had to give them all away when i left malaysia. That wasn't all, i had to give up my master bedroom for them to make space for them to run around, i took the couch instead, another smaller room was used as storeroom. But its all worth it when you come back home from a long tiring day and have them charge at you with joy. I still partially pay for the kitties food and medical to their new owners until today, been more than 5 years since i left them.

Yeah from what you said, it does seems bad from my experience.

You cant tell them to DRINK WATER! but you may encourage them by putting some ice in their water if its hot. We all enjoy cool water in hot weather right? theres no exception to kitties.

For the time being, keep the critical kitty on a strict wet food diet only. Try to get Nutriplus gel and feed a little occasionally for extra energy and supplement due to lesser appetite and lesser food intake.

https://www.lazada.com.my/virbac/

These are available in many pet-stores, i think every pet owner should keep a tube, these does wonders for ill cats that appears weakened.

I pray that he/she make it through.

This post has been edited by Hevlaska: Nov 21 2017, 02:09 AM
TSamykana2
post Nov 21 2017, 05:13 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Nov 21 2017, 02:08 AM)
yeah i laughed typing that too, brings back so much memories... i missed all my little furballs, i had to give them all away when i left malaysia. That wasn't all, i had to give up my master bedroom for them to make space for them to run around, i took the couch instead, another smaller room was used as storeroom. But its all worth it when you come back home from a long tiring day and have them charge at you with joy. I still partially pay for the kitties food and medical to their new owners until today, been more than 5 years since i left them.

Yeah from what you said, it does seems bad from my experience.

You cant tell them to DRINK WATER! but you may encourage them by putting some ice in their water if its hot. We all enjoy cool water in hot weather right? theres no exception to kitties.

For the time being, keep the critical kitty on a strict wet food diet only. Try to get Nutriplus gel and feed a little occasionally for extra energy and supplement due to lesser appetite and lesser food intake.

https://www.lazada.com.my/virbac/

These are available in many pet-stores, i think every pet owner should keep a tube, these does wonders for ill cats that appears weakened.

I pray that he/she make it through.
Lol again xD im sure its tough leaving them sad.gif and wow i didnt realise putting ice helps thx for the tips 0.0 at the i wish to put him on wet food only but the doctor gav a biscuit that helps urinary problems..thats why im finding the wet food for his urinary prob with the same brand! Or maybe hills.. oh sigh thank u again for everything im hoping he will make it thru as well..im suppose to trip to my bf but delayed too worried maybe the last time i see him sad.gif..and thanks! The nutriplus comes later ❤️ He seems to be too greedy not to have appetite 😂

Hevlaska
post Nov 21 2017, 01:33 PM

Casual
366 posts

wish you all the best, keep an eye on these symptoms, they should trigger red flag immediately.

1. Weakness
2. drastic loss of appetite
3. salivating

If these are occuring, get her to a doctor immediately.
BuddhawithinMe
post Nov 21 2017, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

I dont know if this help, buy fish and steam it. My 3 cats LOVED it!! And overall cost much more cheaper than canned food
TSamykana2
post Nov 22 2017, 01:31 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(Hevlaska @ Nov 21 2017, 01:33 PM)
wish you all the best, keep an eye on these symptoms, they should trigger red flag immediately.

1. Weakness
2. drastic loss of appetite
3. salivating

If these are occuring, get her to a doctor immediately.
Yes sir thank u!! He is too greedy to lose appetites lol
TSamykana2
post Nov 22 2017, 01:32 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(BuddhawithinMe @ Nov 21 2017, 08:48 PM)
I dont know if this help,  buy fish and steam it.  My 3 cats LOVED it!!  And overall cost much more cheaper than canned food
It helps! Thank u! Yea i prob wan to do that later on thank u!
TSamykana2
post Nov 22 2017, 01:33 AM

28 posts

Thank u everyone i finally found the canned food near my place! God bless, i hope it works out! Muax thanks again everyone ❤️
Hevlaska
post Nov 22 2017, 11:50 AM

Casual
366 posts

wish you and your furball the best and a speedy recovery =)
BuddhawithinMe
post Nov 22 2017, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(amykana2 @ Nov 22 2017, 01:32 AM)
You're very welcome. Sharing is caring. I hope your cat speedy recovery.
70U63
post Nov 26 2017, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

This is not a good idea if plan to do this for long term due to nutrition imbalance.
If you want to prepare a nutrition complete and balance homemade food for kitty, try research on internet. You might need to buy supplements to add into it.
If not, try wet food. Try not to give too much fish especially Tuna, if you cat addicted to fish, it will be hard to change their diet later on.

QUOTE(amykana2 @ Nov 22 2017, 01:32 AM)

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:23 AM