Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to get our music on Joox Spotify?, streaming

alicelowlow
post Nov 19 2017, 11:24 PM, updated 2w ago

Group: Newbie

Hey guys.

I just started playing with garage band.
iv got few tracks iv recorded.. boleh la..
but now i was thinking of distributing them online n monetize if possible.

apart from youtube and soundcloud, how do i get my stuffs on other places like spotify?

plz help newbie.

haizeel
post Nov 20 2017, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

my band use DISTROKID, it'll get ur material on Spotify, iTunes, etc.

u can use this promocode to get a 7% discount.
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/632997

cheers
whatsupbro
post Nov 21 2017, 06:15 PM

~Musician wannabe~
Group: Senior Member

tunecore also can
alicelowlow
post Nov 24 2017, 11:11 AM

QUOTE(haizeel @ Nov 20 2017, 04:29 PM)

cheers
QUOTE(whatsupbro @ Nov 21 2017, 06:15 PM)
tunecore also can
thanks guys.

ya iv compared the two, i think regards to features distro seems ok as an option. would appreciate product comparison for those using it.

im also looking at Mechanism Music, what i know is these guys are actually a record label (malaysian) and also do digital distribution.. comparing to tunecore n distro are aggregators.
i just emailed them on inquiries.. will share info

omg im confused now..

iv recorded 2 tracks for now - malay n english.
Everdying
post Nov 24 2017, 11:32 AM

#PrayForElyana
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

just go out and play.
alicelowlow
post Nov 24 2017, 01:09 PM

QUOTE(alicelowlow @ Nov 24 2017, 11:11 AM)
thanks guys.

ya iv compared the two, i think regards to features distro seems ok as an option. would appreciate product comparison for those using it.

im also looking at Mechanism Music, what i know is these guys are actually a record label (malaysian) and also do digital distribution.. comparing to tunecore n distro are aggregators.
i just emailed them on inquiries.. will share info

omg im confused now..

iv recorded 2 tracks for now - malay n english.
sorry its actually Mechanism Records http://mechanismrecords.my
alicelowlow
post Nov 24 2017, 01:10 PM

QUOTE(Everdying @ Nov 24 2017, 11:32 AM)
just go out and play.
just wanna see where to go.. hihi..
alicelowlow
post Nov 30 2017, 06:14 PM

cheers
hi haizeel.
i was goin tru the plans n seems interesting, at 1st.
but i also found out (reviews from those using it) that most basic stuffs needs to be paid as additional services, such as reports.. iow the annual fee is simply the task to upload to certain platforms.. i also read a review that if u dont pay for the following year, then the uploads will be taken down.. its like a commitment now.., in order for my songs to be live, iv to commit annually.. its like taking up an insurance policy..
is this true? coz its not stated on their plans.., i guess once its paid only then everythin is revealed..

please enlighten.
alicelowlow
post Nov 30 2017, 06:17 PM

cheers
hi haizeel.
but i also found out (reviews from those using it) that most basic stuffs needs to be paid as additional services, such as reports.. iow the annual fee is simply the task to upload to certain platforms.. i also read a review that if u dont pay for the following year, then the uploads will be taken down.. its like a commitment now.., in order for my songs to be live, iv to commit annually.. its like taking up an insurance policy..
is this true? coz its not stated on their plans.., i guess once its paid only then everythin is revealed..

please enlighten.
whatsupbro
post Dec 3 2017, 04:05 PM

~Musician wannabe~

How did you discover this Mechanism Records? It's very interesting. Have you gotten any feedback from them o the deal of publishing songs through them??
haizeel
post Dec 4 2017, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(alicelowlow @ Nov 30 2017, 06:14 PM)
hi haizeel.

please enlighten.
yeah some of the feature requires additional charge. Im not sure how much detail u needed, from what I can see right now I can reports of if any of my stuff had royalties earning/etc; they split them from which platform did the earnings comes from (iTunes, Youtube ads, etc).

Distrokid is a subscription service, because you pay them as an agent to get your stuff on multiple platform at the same time. But there is an option to get your stuff permanently available forver, but that require u to pay $29. Im not sure if that service will apply to throughout your discrography or just for an album tho. You might can ask them on Twitter, cause from my experience they reply really fast.
alicelowlow
post Jan 11 2018, 11:38 AM

QUOTE(haizeel @ Dec 4 2017, 05:51 PM)
yeah some of the feature requires additional charge. Im not sure how much detail u needed, from what I can see right now I can reports of if any of my stuff had royalties earning/etc; they split them from which platform did the earnings comes from (iTunes, Youtube ads, etc).

Distrokid is a subscription service, because you pay them as an agent to get your stuff on multiple platform at the same time. But there is an option to get your stuff permanently available forver, but that require u to pay $29. Im not sure if that service will apply to throughout your discrography or just for an album tho. You might can ask them on Twitter, cause from my experience they reply really fast.
hi
thanks alot for the feed. truly appreciate..
however iv signed up my line with Mechanism Records.
feels "closer to home" 😊
alicelowlow
post Jan 11 2018, 12:14 PM

QUOTE(whatsupbro @ Dec 3 2017, 04:05 PM)
How did you discover this Mechanism Records? It's very interesting. Have you gotten any feedback from them o the deal of publishing songs through them??
sorry guys been hell busy with stuff, work, kids, and finishing up my biasa2 grade mix.

iv sent my tracks to them for review and they accept.. at the end i decided to do a malay pop track for a friend coz he sings, coz im so terrible at singing my own like ergh..

i update once its out to stream.

so why ya?
1. its a Malaysian co, its senang to communicate if anything.
2. its also a label, so thev got contracts and everything you need to fulfill.
3. as for their current admin fee, its very cheap for what im getting.
4. though currently they only do selected platforms, but to me as long as its in spotify, joox, and youtube its sufficient.
5. on top of that, dapat the caller tone thingy for maxis dg clcom umobile.
6. best is they will give my own music web to promote easily.

So whats most important as the owner, and how the music system works nowadays is for us to really focus on marketing.

Try and checkout their ig, maybe you can see how they do things to support, and go listen the link there for the current releases. I started via DM, then whatrapp my song for review.

They say, as long as, never published commercially, all sound media and song is original, no sumbang2, and sound quality is balance or comfortable, then they can accept. Was nervous at first since its just a home recording mix.

So, if this 1st release is okay, maybe il just continue working with them for next song.

Wish me the best!

This post has been edited by alicelowlow: Jan 11 2018, 12:41 PM
Everdying
post Jan 11 2018, 12:36 PM

#PrayForElyana
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

what is mechanism records?
sounds like a 1-man show?
who do they publish under? cos just from their site...they dont seem to have enough songs to have their own publishing yet.
or by 'publishing' do they mean just strictly online?
whatsupbro
post Jan 11 2018, 12:42 PM

~Musician wannabe~

I've spoken to Jade.. one of their people I think... Still thinking on how to approach this...

alicelowlow
post Jan 11 2018, 01:00 PM

QUOTE(whatsupbro @ Jan 11 2018, 12:42 PM)
I've spoken to Jade.. one of their people I think... Still thinking on how to approach this...
i see. i didnt liase with her (or him) at first, but did received correspondences from her aswell througout the process. i initially liased with Rafat..
Its your music, its your call i guess. I dont see them as the pushy kind..
whatsupbro
post Jan 13 2018, 12:55 AM

~Musician wannabe~

QUOTE(alicelowlow @ Jan 11 2018, 01:00 PM)
i see. i didnt liase with her (or him) at first, but did received correspondences from her aswell througout the process. i initially liased with Rafat..
Its your music, its your call i guess. I dont see them as the pushy kind..
It's a bro on that one.. ahaha... Well anyway, where's your material on Spotify??
Can we have a listen??

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0672sec    5.85    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 12:05 PM