Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My thoughts on Justice League, sorta mini review + rant

views

TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(Piap_Piap2 @ Nov 19 2017, 08:51 PM)
this thread is better than stupid sohai shitty amon_meiz wannabe reviewer
shots fired...
TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 19 2017, 09:55 PM)
I know Lois Lane and her role in superman life lah. I'm not against her existence in the story. I meant the story was so messed up that she felt like shoved in there, 'just because'. I cannot remember the exact detail in the Man of Steel, but her role was pretty weird and 'just because' she is there, she has 'to do something' or otherwise be a damsel in distress. Oh we can't have sexism in the movie, she has to play a major role, tough, independent woman. So we make her stick her nose in every possible dangerous position possible that jeopardizes everybody  doh.gif . Like I said, I cannot remember the detail cause Man of Steel story was pretty messed up.

BvS, Lois Lane came in between fights (why?....),  grabs Batman’s Kryptonite spear, (uh huh), throws into the water (um....), and then dive in to get it back  doh.gif and then get rescued by superman. Can anyone tell me why lois lane exist in that plot? I just want to see batman v superman kick each other's a$$.

And now coming back to Justice League. Sure I can see why Lois Lane is integral to bringing Superman back to his senses (which again, why bring superman back in this movie? Why not in 'Superman Alive' movie? That would be much better than shoved into JL storyline and one punched the enemy). But why are there scenes with her talking with clark's mother? What does that bring? We already know Lois Lane's relationship with Superman. That particular subplot where superman contemplates with Lois Lane and touchy reunion with his mother seems reaaaaaally out of place in a 'Justice League' movie and would have been better off in a standalone sequel to Man of Steel movie.
from the sound of it, it seems like you are the 'Michael bay' type of fan.

well ok, guess you can't please everyone.

especially since in most DC comics storyline featuring multiple dc comics super heroes (crisis on infinite earths/final crisis/flashpoint etc.), lois will always be involved in the main plot anyway and there's always scenes featuring her with superman and even other DC heroes (in the animated series they even had lois lane dating bruce wayne for a while)....

and for that matter, commissioner jim Gordon's practically a special cameo appearance, but no one seemed to complain about his very short appearance. replace him with some generic police guy (or even ellen yindel from the dark knight returns) and ppl won't even notice...

and who was that guy in the opening (the bait for the parademon)? I think that's a better plot device/throwaway character to nitpick on, rather than 'lois lane'...

This post has been edited by Faidzal: Nov 19 2017, 10:46 PM
gaeria84
post Nov 19 2017, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Nov 19 2017, 10:44 PM)
from the sound of it, it looks like you are the 'Michael bay' type of fan.

especially since in most DC comics storyline featuring multiple dc comics super heroes (crisis on infinite earths/final crisis/flashpoint etc.), lois will always be involved in the main plot anyway and there's always scene featuring her with superman and even other DC heroes (in the animated series they even had lois lane dating bruce wayne for a while)....

and for that matter, commissioner jim Gordon's practically a special cameo appearance, but no one seemed to complain about his very short appearance.

and who was that guy in the opening (the bait for the parademon)? I think that's a better plot device to nitpick on, rather than 'lois lane'...
A random crook
G_KeN
post Nov 19 2017, 11:02 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

extra tidbits: apparently during the final battle, there wasnt supposed to be any civilians in the russian city. but the addition of the russian family is by joss whedon.

WB executives are to be blamed for this mess. If they didnt have faith in Snyder, they should have hired a new director from the start, or just postpone the movie. No human being can fix a CGI heavy high budget movie within 6 months timeframe plus extensive reshoots. Not even the director of the avengers himself, joss whedon.

the soundtheme is super generic even by elfman's standard. danny elfman himself has recently admitted that he never get to watch the full movie while composing the sound theme, only disjointed scenes and some paper storyboard.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...-themes-1059632

This post has been edited by G_KeN: Nov 19 2017, 11:06 PM
darosha
post Nov 20 2017, 06:28 AM

Casual
447 posts

nothing wrong with what whedon add from reshoots
the problem is with what wb ask for it to be 2 hours and a lot of it is cut, probably going to have a director cut or ultimate edition dvd/bluray again. wth wb
DaddyO
post Nov 20 2017, 08:19 AM

Regular
1,255 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Nov 19 2017, 10:44 PM)
from the sound of it, it seems like you are the 'Michael bay' type of fan.

especially since in most DC comics storyline featuring multiple dc comics super heroes (crisis on infinite earths/final crisis/flashpoint etc.), lois will always be involved in the main plot anyway and there's always scenes featuring her with superman and even other DC heroes (in the animated series they even had lois lane dating bruce wayne for a while)....

and for that matter, commissioner jim Gordon's practically a special cameo appearance, but no one seemed to complain about his very short appearance. replace him with some generic police guy (or even ellen yindel from the dark knight returns) and ppl won't even notice...

and who was that guy in the opening (the bait for the parademon)? I think that's a better plot device/throwaway character to nitpick on, rather than 'lois lane'...
Michael Bayism syndrome are movie goers wanting explosion, ass kicking and do not enjoy movies like blade runner. When you go to a movie with the title Batman V Superman, you be expecting "Batman V Superman". That means fights between Batman V Superman. Michael Bay or not had nothing to do with what I just said. Which part of this you not getting. Or you just trolling?

And yes gordon showing up also a bit weird but not weirder than Lois showing up everywhere.

This post has been edited by DaddyO: Nov 20 2017, 08:21 AM
Big Balls Jackson
post Nov 20 2017, 08:20 AM

7 posts

worse batman since batman and robin
TSFaidzal
post Nov 20 2017, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 20 2017, 08:19 AM)
Michael Bayism syndrome are movie goers wanting explosion, ass kicking and do not enjoy movies like blade runner. When you go to a movie with the title Batman V Superman, you be expecting "Batman V Superman". That means fights between Batman V Superman. Michael Bay or not had nothing to do with what I just said. Which part of this you not getting. Or you just trolling?

And yes gordon showing up also a bit weird but not weirder than Lois showing up everywhere.
are you sure it's not you who is trolling now?

what you mentioned about michael bay syndrome seems to be what you prefer a batman v superman movie be.

and all out explosion/ass-kicking slugfest.

but then which part of batman v superman movie that didn't have a proper batman versus superman fight?

they even built it up like a boxing match with a match signing at luthor's mansion presided by the 'promoter' lex luthor.

a sort of 'weigh-in' stare-down at the docks.

and of course the fight proper which did last about 10-15 miniutes...

yeah ok sure it became more of a WWE wrestling match instead of a professional boxing match with the interference from lois and also the promoter (lex luthor) kidnapping supes mother...

now i'm confused why you have such hatred on lois lane...

DaddyO
post Nov 23 2017, 04:50 PM

Regular
1,255 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Nov 20 2017, 07:46 PM)
are you sure it's not you who is trolling now?

what you mentioned about michael bay syndrome seems to be what you prefer a batman v superman movie be.

and all out explosion/ass-kicking slugfest.

but then which part of batman v superman movie that didn't have a proper batman versus superman fight?

they even built it up like a boxing match with a match signing at luthor's mansion presided by the 'promoter' lex luthor.

a sort of 'weigh-in' stare-down at the docks.

and of course the fight proper which did last about 10-15 miniutes...

yeah ok sure it became more of a WWE wrestling match instead of a professional boxing match with the interference from lois and also the promoter (lex luthor) kidnapping supes mother...

now i'm confused why you have such hatred on lois lane...
A little confused here. I'm asking what does michael bayism got to do with not wanting lois lane in a Batman v superman which suppose to be BvS highlight? Genuine question, not trolling. Cause some people seem to abuse the word bayism too much, not knowing what it meant when referring to certain movie direction.

And i repeat. Not hating lois lane. Just doesn't make sense she happens to show up at inappropriate time at weirdest scene. Like if batman just 'coincidentally' happened to be in city which superman destroyed instead of gotham? Bit nit pick but lois appearance in wrong scene quite apparent.

This post has been edited by DaddyO: Nov 23 2017, 04:54 PM

4 Pages « < 2 3 4
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 PM