Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> My thoughts on Justice League, sorta mini review + rant

views

syahmie8
post Nov 19 2017, 07:58 PM

17 posts

Luckily not wasting money n time watching it on cinema.. Only worth to view it on tv..
OldSchoolJoke
post Nov 19 2017, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Nov 19 2017, 07:52 PM)
Barry is still a rookie flash and haven't learnt the full extent of his powers... but in comics, Flash is way faster than Superman. This race has been done many times already in animation and TV series  laugh.gif
yea..i thought its full power flash since it's blue light.
DaddyO
post Nov 19 2017, 08:02 PM

Regular
1,255 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Nov 19 2017, 07:24 PM)
Those are Snyder's scenes, he wrote the story. Whedon only added more dialogue, expanded a lot of the team dynamics and reshot all the Superman scenes

Basically, the movie is just trying to set up that Superman is more than a match for Steppenwolf
And flowers blooming, who knows.. maybe it's Snyder's visual way of saying that in death, there's also life?  unsure.gif
Lois is the key in that one important scene, similar to how Black Widow is the key to turning Hulk back to Bruce Banner in Avengers: AoU, except in JL it was set up much better
No she is not. I would have agree to her existence if the story has done better introducing her in the First superman movie. But she was like kinda shoved in all DC movies, as if contract has been made so might as well put her to use otherwise waste of money. And the death of superman actually bring a better sense of why Justice League was formed to counter enemies when Superman is gone. Well, since he is alive, might as well disband the league since superman can do better job at one punching enemies than a whole team superheroes combined.

Wouldn't it make better story if JL trying hard to beat Steppenwolf by themselves, the sense of hopelessness, followed by sense of victory when they did the impossible? Nope, Superman came in, problem solved. I was rolling eyes through the rest of the movie when Superman came and beat the shit out of the enemy.

Lastly, I can't help but compare to Marvel Avenger's similar army of 'bugs' invading earth plot. Which I can forgive the plot cliche, but the ending like every DC movies (including Wonder Woman) was rather anti climatic and underwhelming. Steppenwolf got defeated cause he lost his axe and lost control of his army of bugs who carry him into the startrek teleport beam.....uhhhhh What's with all DC weird endings?

On positive notes there are few scene I quite enjoy like Superman staring at Flash, batman giving flash advice to just save one person, the flash tipping the sword back to WW scene, and couple of funny one liners which some say is due to Whedon.

All in all, slightly better than expected (nothing worth my mother's name same as yours kind of bad). But sort of a waste. I kind of want to see the dark emo 50year old ben affleck batman who decided to kill (possibly due to Robin's demise aka his gay partner died to Joker, lol) stand alone movie.
DaddyO
post Nov 19 2017, 08:03 PM

Regular
1,255 posts

It's not laziness, it's because the production was rushed hence the quality is not up to par. And the production was rushed because of the whole 'Snyder stepping down' saga

.......Different reasons, same deal. Bad cycborg cgi design.

p4n6
post Nov 19 2017, 08:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

It's not laziness, it's because the production was rushed hence the quality is not up to par. And the production was rushed because of the whole 'Snyder stepping down' saga
RT is just an aggregator site, they collect reviews and calculate the score based on the percentage of critics who liked the film  laugh.gif
Barry is still a rookie flash and haven't learnt the full extent of his powers... but in comics, Flash is way faster than Superman. This race has been done many times already in animation and TV series  laugh.gif
They need to pay all reviewers and RT is the broker.
DaddyO
post Nov 19 2017, 08:09 PM

Regular
1,255 posts

But can flash be faster than speed of light and turn back time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0

This post has been edited by DaddyO: Nov 19 2017, 08:10 PM
ZeroSOFInfinity
post Nov 19 2017, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,698 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 19 2017, 08:09 PM)
But can flash be faster than speed of light and turn back time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0
Pfffft. Watch "Flashpoint". It makes Superman look like a rookie.
TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(GibeDeMuny @ Nov 19 2017, 07:06 PM)
yeah not just on cyborg's face looking out of place, so fake

even the body looks bad

some said they should do it like ironman, using practical wearable armor props combined with cg to produce better cgi

but some said it's not proper, since cyborg's armor is not an exo shell, but assimilated with him, it's literally his body

but then ultron looks just fine
I think the body looking jagged and unfinished is supposed to be that way.

it's explained in the movie itself that he gains new abilities every day.

and of course in the end scenes he learns to control the look better with the help of his dad and STAR labs and part of his body starts to look more solid.
TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 19 2017, 07:17 PM)
Why nobody mentioned the deus ex machina shit where Superman get resurrected, and then last minute, came out of nowhere and one punch Steppenwolf out of commission. And that flower bloom at the end - so cringy. And why Lois Lane is EVERY DC movie?

Ooops Spoiler Alert.
that one is bcos they cut out the scene where Alfred talks to someone offscreen which ironically was in the trailer.

which happened just after lois lane sends clark away bcos bruce needs him.

agree abit on the flower bloom tjhingy.

as for lois lane, well she is the most famous female character which is not a superhero, DC comics even had a special 75th anniversary issue dedicated solely to her alone...
TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 19 2017, 07:21 PM)
If you pay attention, his cgi armored suit is actually quite lazy design. Just like how they cannot figure out a cool transformer transformation so they just tack AI foldable metal sheets crap or nano machines and call it a day.
see my earlier reply.

tl; dr I believe it's done on purpose...
p4n6
post Nov 19 2017, 08:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

In fact, a lot of scenes shown in the trailers did not make it to the actual movie ... that makes the DVD version to be very interesting.

Like in the BvS, the movie pacing seems way better in the extended version ...
TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Nov 19 2017, 07:24 PM)
Those are Snyder's scenes, he wrote the story. Whedon only added more dialogue, expanded a lot of the team dynamics and reshot all the Superman scenes

Basically, the movie is just trying to set up that Superman is more than a match for Steppenwolf
And flowers blooming, who knows.. maybe it's Snyder's visual way of saying that in death, there's also life?  unsure.gif
Lois is the key in that one important scene, similar to how Black Widow is the key to turning Hulk back to Bruce Banner in Avengers: AoU, except in JL it was set up much better
yeah, this is to fulfill that scene in BvS where the flash comes out from some sort of portal and warns bruce "she is the key"...
SUSGibeDeMuny
post Nov 19 2017, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Nov 19 2017, 08:40 PM)
I think the body looking jagged and unfinished is supposed to be that way.

it's explained in the movie itself that he gains new abilities every day.

and of course in the end scenes he learns to control the look better with the help of his dad and STAR labs and part of his body starts to look more solid.
yes but that's not it

it just looked off, the color and lighting on the face doesn't match the body, and the whole thing against the surrounding / backdrop, the latter i can stomach, but not the face

heck 80's robocop looked better

TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Nov 19 2017, 07:35 PM)
The moment when Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 44% because WB refused to pay RT for higher score, everyone else starts to pretend to be a movie expert and start to find the flaws in the movie to scrutinize ...

Rotten Tomatoes basically is blackmailing movie production house  ...
dude

1. warner bros. practically OWNS the rottentomatoes.com site, the only sin they did was use their ownership to withhold the rating until opening day

2. rottentomatoes.com is a review aggregator site, so their score is based on other reviews from professional reviewers from other unrelated sites.

3. bad tomatometer score has no direct correlation to final box office collection, 'certified fresh'-rated movies tanked at the box office (see blade runner 2049 as most recent example) and 'rotten'-rated movies got high box office takings (this year's pirates of the Caribbean only got 29% yet almost USD800million worldwide....)
TSFaidzal
post Nov 19 2017, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 19 2017, 08:02 PM)
No she is not. I would have agree to her existence if the story has done better introducing her in the First superman movie. But she was like kinda shoved in all DC movies, as if contract has been made so might as well put her to use otherwise waste of money. And the death of superman actually bring a better sense of why Justice League was formed to counter enemies when Superman is gone. Well, since he is alive, might as well disband the league since superman can do better job at one punching enemies than a whole team superheroes combined.

Wouldn't it make better story if JL trying hard to beat Steppenwolf by themselves, the sense of hopelessness, followed by sense of victory when they did the impossible? Nope, Superman came in, problem solved. I was rolling eyes through the rest of the movie when Superman came and beat the shit out of the enemy.

Lastly, I can't help but compare to Marvel Avenger's similar army of 'bugs' invading earth plot. Which I can forgive the plot cliche, but the ending like every DC movies (including Wonder Woman) was rather anti climatic and underwhelming. Steppenwolf got defeated cause he lost his axe and lost control of his army of bugs who carry him into the startrek teleport beam.....uhhhhh What's with all DC weird endings?

On positive notes there are few scene I quite enjoy like Superman staring at Flash, batman giving flash advice to just save one person, the flash tipping the sword back to WW scene, and couple of funny one liners which some say is due to Whedon.

All in all, slightly better than expected (nothing worth my mother's name same as yours kind of bad). But sort of a waste. I kind of want to see the dark emo 50year old ben affleck batman who decided to kill (possibly due to Robin's demise aka his gay partner died to Joker, lol) stand alone movie.
oh ok, I get it.

you are not a DC comics fan or at least well versed in DC comics history.

nothing wrong with you here, I guess DC comics didn't build lois lane properly.

despite the scenes in both Man of Steel and BvS where she went to extreme lengths to get the scoop.

or that ppl simply forgot that one scene in BvS where the flash comes back to the past to warn bruce wayne in the batcave...

but anyway, here's the TL; DR version

1. lois lane is the most important non-superhero female character in DC comics legend

2. she is the prototype strong-willed female and sort of feminazi.

3. she even had her own comics title back when superman comics were selling relaly good in the 1950s-1970s.

4. that 1990s TV series? it was title "Lois & Clark: the new adventures of superman". notice who got top billing in the title? not superman...

5. many times in the comics it's always lois that clark cared the most, too many storylines where 'saving lois' has always been the objective...

6. as explained by the flash, "she is the key". and I hope there's some deleted scene in the bluray where they expand the "Alfred we need to prepare the big gun" scenes and maybe bruce tells Alfred about that 'dream' he had in BvS...

7. oh yeah, the bugs were already inside DC before avengers move happened, they are called parademons, and the portal are called boom tubes, but yeah, I guess to ppl not wellversed in DC comics, it looks like one company stole another company's storyline/plot devices. oh well...

but then I realise that both marvel aspects and dc aspects on the movies showing know were the brainchild of one jack Kirby, so maybe that's why it's so similar...

too bad they now made it as if there's only 3 mother box, when in reality every New God has one for his/her personal use...

This post has been edited by Faidzal: Nov 19 2017, 09:22 PM
DaddyO
post Nov 19 2017, 09:55 PM

Regular
1,255 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Nov 19 2017, 09:17 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I know Lois Lane and her role in superman life lah. I'm not against her existence in the story. I meant the story was so messed up that she felt like shoved in there, 'just because'. I cannot remember the exact detail in the Man of Steel, but her role was pretty weird and 'just because' she is there, she has 'to do something' or otherwise be a damsel in distress. Oh we can't have sexism in the movie, she has to play a major role, tough, independent woman. So we make her stick her nose in every possible dangerous position possible that jeopardizes everybody doh.gif . Like I said, I cannot remember the detail cause Man of Steel story was pretty messed up.

BvS, Lois Lane came in between fights (why?....), grabs Batman’s Kryptonite spear, (uh huh), throws into the water (um....), and then dive in to get it back doh.gif and then get rescued by superman. Can anyone tell me why lois lane exist in that plot? I just want to see batman v superman kick each other's a$$.

And now coming back to Justice League. Sure I can see why Lois Lane is integral to bringing Superman back to his senses (which again, why bring superman back in this movie? Why not in 'Superman Alive' movie? That would be much better than shoved into JL storyline and one punched the enemy). But why are there scenes with her talking with clark's mother? What does that bring? We already know Lois Lane's relationship with Superman. That particular subplot where superman contemplates with Lois Lane and touchy reunion with his mother seems reaaaaaally out of place in a 'Justice League' movie and would have been better off in a standalone sequel to Man of Steel movie.

This post has been edited by DaddyO: Nov 19 2017, 09:57 PM
gaeria84
post Nov 19 2017, 10:09 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Nov 19 2017, 09:55 PM)
I know Lois Lane and her role in superman life lah. I'm not against her existence in the story. I meant the story was so messed up that she felt like shoved in there, 'just because'. I cannot remember the exact detail in the Man of Steel, but her role was pretty weird and 'just because' she is there, she has 'to do something' or otherwise be a damsel in distress. Oh we can't have sexism in the movie, she has to play a major role, tough, independent woman. So we make her stick her nose in every possible dangerous position possible that jeopardizes everybody  doh.gif . Like I said, I cannot remember the detail cause Man of Steel story was pretty messed up.

BvS, Lois Lane came in between fights (why?....),  grabs Batman’s Kryptonite spear, (uh huh), throws into the water (um....), and then dive in to get it back  doh.gif and then get rescued by superman. Can anyone tell me why lois lane exist in that plot? I just want to see batman v superman kick each other's a$$.

And now coming back to Justice League. Sure I can see why Lois Lane is integral to bringing Superman back to his senses (which again, why bring superman back in this movie? Why not in 'Superman Alive' movie? That would be much better than shoved into JL storyline and one punched the enemy). But why are there scenes with her talking with clark's mother? What does that bring? We already know Lois Lane's relationship with Superman. That particular subplot where superman contemplates with Lois Lane and touchy reunion with his mother seems reaaaaaally out of place in a 'Justice League' movie and would have been better off in a standalone sequel to Man of Steel movie.
Story by Zack Snyder
Directed by Zack Snyder
A Zack Snyder film

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not bashing him, I think he's a great visual director, just not a good storyteller. He also makes very poor decisions and I don't think he's the one who can lead a successful franchise. All WB is doing right now is just course correcting and cleaning up Snyder's mistakes

If you watch his interviews, he doesn't even know half the things he's talking about, you expect him to make a coherent DC film? At one point, Nolan advised him against killing off Zod in MoS and killing off Superman in BvS but Zack being Zack, he did it anyways mega_shok.gif
He also brought in Doomsday in an already overstuffed film and introduced other JL members in the laziest way possible

This post has been edited by gaeria84: Nov 19 2017, 10:15 PM
BlackWoods
post Nov 19 2017, 10:22 PM

Dark Knight
2,152 posts

No character development is probably the weakest point in the movie, especially the main villain.
Well, same goes to Avengers when you squeeze too many hot shots in one movie.
SUSamon_meiz
post Nov 19 2017, 10:24 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(Piap_Piap2 @ Nov 19 2017, 08:51 PM)
this thread is better than stupid sohai shitty amon_meiz wannabe reviewer
Im happy that u always think of me

Im flattered biggrin.gif
gaeria84
post Nov 19 2017, 10:27 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(BlackWoods @ Nov 19 2017, 10:22 PM)
No character development is probably the weakest point in the movie, especially the main villain.
Well, same goes to Avengers when you squeeze too many hot shots in one movie.
I love those references from previous films though, 'Did Steve Trevor tell you that?' to 'Do you bleed?' rclxm9.gif
GJ Whedon thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by gaeria84: Nov 19 2017, 10:29 PM

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    0.74    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:39 PM