Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Cable Blocked, now everything in bedroom, Alternative way suggestion

views

TSPowerGadget
post Nov 17 2017, 07:37 PM, updated 7y ago

On my way
672 posts

Hi guys, I had my Unifi Bonanza 30Mbps installed last friday.

Due to the structural of my house(double storey house), the contractor rejected to drill through my tiles wall and ask me to arrange my own contractor to lay the cable underground.

As for cable to through the roof, the contractor mentioned that it is too tight for them to go up and most probably they can only go in half way.

So unfortunately, what they can do is standard installation(no charges at all ) pull the cable to my master bedroom through the air conditioner hacked hole.

At the moment, the modem and router are located one corner of the room which is about 2m from my sleeping position.

Additionally, The Wi-Fi Coverage is not that great by using C1200 V1 but I would purchase Asus RT-AC86U as replacement very soon.

I just worried about long term health effect of Wi-Fi Router just sitting beside me when I am sleeping.

Is there any solution for this kind of situation?

Question Edited to new one without reopen a new thread

Thanks in advanced

This post has been edited by PowerGadget: Nov 21 2017, 12:03 AM
jusbella
post Nov 17 2017, 07:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

U need set vlan id to 500.
SilentVampire
post Nov 17 2017, 07:51 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 17 2017, 07:37 PM)
Hi guys, I just successfully upgraded from Streamyx 8Mbps to 30Mbps Unifi Bonanza.

I plan to use my Archer D9 as router instead of AC1200 that TM provided to me.

The connection is fiber -> modem -> Archer D9 WAN Port

I configure the Archer D9 to wireless router connection mode only and connect the LAN cable from the modem to WAN port but yet there is no internet connection.

Beside that, I config the WAN connection to be pppoE and key in my unifi id and password.

Anyone could tell me how to config properly in order to make the Archer D9 works?
Is there a place for VLAN tagging? I think not. Your D9 is a modem router, and not a router. If you refuse to use the AC1200, just get the Archer C7 v4. It’s comparable to the D9. Here’s the link to get it. It mentions C7 v2 but you will be get the V4:

https://www.lazada.com.my/tp-link-ac1750-wi...is-1774185.html

QUOTE(jusbella @ Nov 17 2017, 07:41 PM)
I don’t think there’s VLAN tagging on the Archer D9.
Passkaj
post Nov 20 2017, 11:07 AM

33 posts

Hi guys, I just successfully upgraded from Streamyx 8Mbps to 30Mbps Unifi Bonanza.

I plan to use my Archer D9 as router instead of AC1200 that TM provided to me.

The connection is fiber -> modem -> Archer D9 WAN Port

I configure the Archer D9 to wireless router connection mode only and connect the LAN cable from the modem to WAN port but yet there is no internet connection.

Beside that, I config the WAN connection to be pppoE and key in my unifi id and password.

Anyone could tell me how to config properly in order to make the Archer D9 works?
The way you can success is using the C1200 provide by Unifi to dial up and give signal to Hypptv, then turn off the wireless of C1200, Connected the cable from C1200 to D9, set as Dynamic IP mode. using D9 to broadcast wifi. Due to there is no VLan tagging in D9, you are not able to replace the C1200 with it, you can just make it as secondary router.
TSPowerGadget
post Nov 20 2017, 11:42 PM

On my way
672 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ Nov 17 2017, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Nov 17 2017, 07:51 PM)
Is there a place for VLAN tagging? I think not. Your D9 is a modem router, and not a router. If you refuse to use the AC1200, just get the Archer C7 v4. It’s comparable to the D9. Here’s the link to get it. It mentions C7 v2 but you will be get the V4:

https://www.lazada.com.my/tp-link-ac1750-wi...is-1774185.html
I don’t think there’s VLAN tagging on the Archer D9.
QUOTE(Passkaj @ Nov 20 2017, 11:07 AM)
The way you can success is using the C1200 provide by Unifi to dial up and give signal to Hypptv, then turn off the wireless of C1200, Connected the cable from C1200 to D9, set as Dynamic IP mode. using D9 to broadcast wifi. Due to there is no VLan tagging in D9, you are not able to replace the C1200 with it, you can just make it as secondary router.
Thanks for the reply. I would most probably purchase Asus RT-AC86U as my D9 replacement very soon.
tomastan4134
post Nov 21 2017, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
827 posts

Due to the structural of my house(double storey house), the contractor rejected to drill through my tiles wall and ask me to arrange my own contractor to lay the cable underground.

As for cable to through the roof, the contractor mentioned that it is too tight for them to go up and most probably they can only go in half way.

So unfortunately, what they can do is standard installation(no charges at all ) pull the cable to my master bedroom through the air conditioner hacked hole.

At the moment, the modem and router are located one corner of the room which is about 2m from my sleeping position.

Additionally, The Wi-Fi Coverage is not that great by using C1200 V1 but I would purchase Asus RT-AC86U as replacement very soon.

I just worried about long term health effect of Wi-Fi Router just sitting beside me when I am sleeping.

Thanks in advanced
wifi doesnt affect health ok!!!

if it affects health.. WIFI will be banned ages ago..
zher4883
post Nov 21 2017, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,490 posts

Thanks in advanced
Radiation from Wifi is not powerful enough to impact out body tissues negatively so most adverse effect reported are from over stressing themselves knowing radiation emitting device is nearby than actually affected by radiation emitting device.
quasi
post Nov 21 2017, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Buy extension fibre cable and moved the btu and router to a suitable location
soonwai
post Nov 22 2017, 04:27 PM

9,989 posts

@TS:
1. Leave the BTU in your room, pull network cable and put the wifi router someplace else.
2. Leave the BTU in your room. Buy new router (no wifi), pull network cable and install wifi APs around the house.

I'm using #2 in my house.

This post has been edited by soonwai: Nov 22 2017, 04:28 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM