Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to seal polystyrene?, made a specific shape to fill water

views

TSfreefazlee
post Nov 17 2017, 10:48 AM, updated 7y ago

14 posts

Hi, I use polystyrene to made a container that has a shape because it needs to place in a tight place. I cut and the attached but is there any way to seal the joints from leak?

Thanks.
buraqdunia
post Nov 17 2017, 10:52 AM

On my way
601 posts

silicone sealant that they use it on sealed windows. U may buy it at hardware store. either with syringe or not.
TSfreefazlee
post Nov 17 2017, 10:57 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(buraqdunia @ Nov 17 2017, 10:52 AM)
silicone  sealant that they use it on sealed windows. U may buy it at hardware store. either with syringe or not.

It doesn't melt right? Coz I noe polystyrene is sensitive and easily to melt with other chemical.

Anyway, will try that. Thanks.

buraqdunia
post Nov 17 2017, 11:09 AM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(freefazlee @ Nov 17 2017, 10:57 AM)
It doesn't melt right? Coz I noe polystyrene is sensitive and easily to melt with other chemical.

Anyway, will try that. Thanks.
it ready to use, after u pop up the seal, no heat is needed, but how the chemical reaction to create any new substance , or heat in this case between them i never encounter it.
TSfreefazlee
post Nov 17 2017, 11:15 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(buraqdunia @ Nov 17 2017, 11:09 AM)
it ready to use, after u pop up the seal, no heat is needed, but how the chemical reaction  to create any new substance , or heat in this case between them i never encounter it.

Like for example, if your spray it'll melt the polystyrene. The polystyrene reacts to the paint once it's sprayed on it, not the heat.
buraqdunia
post Nov 17 2017, 11:23 AM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(freefazlee @ Nov 17 2017, 11:15 AM)
Like for example, if your spray it'll melt the polystyrene. The polystyrene reacts to the paint once it's sprayed on it, not the heat.
u know paint have butane by it self, and as we always add kerosene or paraffin(as u aldy put it) to make light color or save budget, it obviously. but that same silicone on windows, 24h exposed to harsh weather these days, i says, silicone + poly, it not melt the poly but create vibranium. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

oh! buy the smallest cheapest one silicone and see yrself, i cannot convince u anymore.

TSfreefazlee
post Nov 17 2017, 11:26 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(buraqdunia @ Nov 17 2017, 11:23 AM)
u know paint have butane by it self, and as we always add kerosene or paraffin(as u aldy put it) to make light color or save budget, it obviously. but that same silicone on windows, 24h exposed to harsh weather these days, i says, silicone + poly, it not melt the poly but create vibranium.  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

oh! buy the smallest cheapest one silicone and see yrself,  i cannot convince u anymore.

Haha, I definitely will buy it. U convince at the first reply lol.gif
BlackG
post Nov 28 2017, 12:20 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(freefazlee @ Nov 17 2017, 10:48 AM)
Hi, I use polystyrene to made a container that has a shape because it needs to place in a tight place. I cut and the attached but is there any way to seal the joints from leak?

Thanks.
water u mean is just h2o? water will leak out after some time. we did some test before as a tank but it doesn't contain well after some time
TSfreefazlee
post Nov 28 2017, 03:49 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(BlackG @ Nov 28 2017, 12:20 AM)
water u mean is just h2o? water will leak out after some time. we did some test before as a tank but it doesn't contain well after some time

Yeah, just plain water like water container but using polystyrene because I need to contain cold water. I noe there's a cooler box but I need to make it a shape to fit into the space.

If that what you've experience then I'll have to use plastic bag into the container.

Thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:02 PM