Welcome to Hot Wheels Thread V70!
You are most welcome to share your Hot Wheels collections and take part in any discussion about anything related to Hot Wheels!
Rules & Regulations
1. Please use a spoiler when quoting pictures or any other car brand.
2. Please restrain yourselves from any flaming (or anything similar).
3. Keep this thread clean.
4. Sharing is caring.
5. Unreleased hot wheels cars are prohibited from the thread.
6. Do not post your sales directly in this thread! Just a small announcement is enough. Do not Spam!
Some of Hot Wheels Terminology:
1. ERROR - Hot Wheels with mistake, this either referring to error in car or the card. Error could be wrong wheels, tampo, window, wrong car in card, etc.
2. DEFECT - the same as ERROR... they are both UN-intentional and is NOT mass produced. ..
3. VARIATION - Derivation from the same model, most of the time is variation of colour and tampo.
4. TAMPO - Painted designs that are pre-applied to castings through a pad press process.
5. WAVES - Assortment of the models in each carton. Mattel arrange the assortment according to the wave code in size of 72 cars in a carton. Collectors always refer new wave to new models out to market.
6. DEAD CASE - Means the box/case of 72 hotwheel cars did not contain any Treasure Hunt/$ cars.
7. CASTING - General term that refers to the Hot Wheels model.
Current Hot Wheel trends 2017/2018.
1. JDM (Japan Domestic Market cars).
2. Aftermarket custom wheels.
3. Car Culture series.
4. Automaton (automated moving parts) (Casting example Crate Racer, Shark Bite, Gotta Go, etc).
5. More detailed & attractive modern tampo designs.
Places to buy Hot Wheels.
1. Aeon & Aeon BIG 2. Tesco 3. ToysRUs 4. Robinsons 5. Parkson 6. Metrojaya 7. Isetan 8. Hamleys 9. 7-11 10. Speedmart 99 11.
Popular bookstore 12. MPH bookstore 13. Amcorp Mall (Resellers market)
Hot Wheels reference sites:
Official Hot Wheels Youtube channel.
This post has been edited by netmatrix: Nov 18 2017, 01:59 AM
Hobbies Hot Wheels™ V70, 1:64 die cast car collecting. 🚗