Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Why no quit rent bill for 10 years ?

views

TStopearn
post Nov 16 2017, 05:25 PM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

My friend bought a house 12 years ago and after 2 years, house is ready to move in. But he left the house vacant for 10 years. He receives notice to pay assessment every 6 months, but has not received quit rent notice for the past 10 years. He has not transfered title to his name even though the house is fully paid, so the house is still under the developer, Sime UEP. Does this mean the quit rent bill is sent to the developer yearly and the developer pays the bill ? But if that is the case, why the developer did not chase him for the payment ?
Zot
post Nov 16 2017, 05:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

I believe it is your responsibility to go and change the name. Developer don't bother or care
TStopearn
post Nov 16 2017, 05:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Nov 16 2017, 05:34 PM)
I believe it is your responsibility to go and change the name. Developer don't bother or care

Friend did not change cos he intent to sell, so when he sells, property can transfer direct from Sime UEP to buyer. This will save him the cost to transfer title to his name.
Now the question is - why no quit rent bill ? Or the developer has been paying quit rent for the past 10 years ?

oxm8
post Nov 16 2017, 08:19 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

your friend still responsible to pay..

if he intend to sell... it is up to Sime to allow direct transfer or not.
TStopearn
post Nov 17 2017, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

How to pay when the land office never send the yearly bill to me for the pas 10 years ?
Is it because title still under developer's name so land office won't start billing till title transfer to bank (if take bank loan) or to purchaser (if purchaser pay cash) ?
hanhanhan
post Nov 17 2017, 01:10 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

its ur job to ask from developer.

usually lawyer wont change for you even if after title is transfered - means the bill is still sent to developer.

very simple, just get the account number and check every year.

If not just insert your title number and check

since assuming ur property is in USJ, the website to check is --> https://hasil.selangor.gov.my/SemakanCukaiTanah.aspx
TStopearn
post Nov 17 2017, 02:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Nov 17 2017, 01:10 PM)

its ur job to ask from developer.

usually lawyer wont change for you even if after title is transfered - means the bill is still sent to developer.

very simple, just get the account number and check every year.

If not just insert your title number and check

since assuming ur property is in USJ, the website to check is --> https://hasil.selangor.gov.my/SemakanCukaiTanah.aspx
How to check when I don't have account no ? Cos I have never received any bill from quit rent so I don't have account no.
hanhanhan
post Nov 17 2017, 03:00 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

PM me your title number, i check for u.
cherroy
post Nov 17 2017, 03:02 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Nov 16 2017, 05:50 PM)
Friend did not change cos he intent to sell, so when he sells, property can transfer direct from Sime UEP to buyer. This will save him the cost to transfer title to his name.
Now the question is - why no quit rent bill ? Or the developer has been paying quit rent for the past 10 years ?
It is not advisable to do so.

If the developer company winding up afterwards, due to whatever reason, then your friend will have trouble to sell out the house without a title.

hanhanhan
post Nov 17 2017, 03:35 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

same as above comment, and also not every developer will agree to a direct transfer.

sometimes even if 10 years ago they say can, but after 10 years their may change their mind - end up still have to do double transfer.
oxm8
post Nov 17 2017, 06:20 PM

Regular
1,458 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Nov 17 2017, 09:25 AM)
How to pay when the land office never send the yearly bill to me for the pas 10 years ?
Is it because title still under developer's name so land office won't start billing till title transfer to bank (if take bank loan) or to purchaser (if purchaser pay cash) ?
u can always walk to land office . have yr title info. and get ur bill there..
TStopearn
post Nov 17 2017, 08:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Nov 17 2017, 03:00 PM)

PM me your title number, i check for u.
Thanks, I managed to trace the quit rent bill after much trial n error.
TStopearn
post Nov 17 2017, 08:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Nov 17 2017, 03:02 PM)
It is not advisable to do so.

If the developer company winding up afterwards, due to whatever reason, then your friend will have trouble to sell out the house without a title.
We can only depend on big and strong Sime UEP, right ?
cherroy
post Nov 19 2017, 05:42 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Nov 17 2017, 08:27 PM)
We can only depend on big and strong Sime UEP, right ?
Company can come and go or company can be restructured, wind up, changing hand or even become dormant due to corporate activities.

So don't take for granted.

Shazzarina
post Jul 10 2019, 01:02 AM

2 posts

I’m also trying to find my quit rent but I don’t know how to. Own the property for more than 10 years and no bill.Can you tell me how did you do it?
cute_boboi
post Jul 21 2019, 12:16 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(Shazzarina @ Jul 10 2019, 01:02 AM)
I’m also trying to find my quit rent but I don’t know how to. Own the property for more than 10 years and no bill.Can you tell me how did you do it?
From S&P, there are detail info like Lot No., HSD, mukim, etc. Goto relevant land office and do a search.

If you have not transfer title (as above), developer might have paid for the first few years. Subsequent years are left unpaid. You will need to pay off developer before they issue you with receipt/release letter. Then goto land office to settle the remaining years.

You cannot transfer title without settling all arrears.

Also nowadays most developer would not transfer direct to 3rd party anymore to avoid any legal cases. Must transfer from developer to you. Then from your sale, transfer again from you to new buyer.

wenywk
post Jul 18 2023, 02:29 PM

2 posts

Hello May I know, how did you trace your quit rent bill
I have also never receive any bills for 10years but recently I want to transfer title to another family member
forever1979
post Jul 19 2023, 07:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

for some property that developer went bankrupt and no liquidator before strata title out, the quit rent is still under master title. some cases, nobody/ management body is taking care of the outstanding $$. thus it will be a trouble in future. i think those low/medium cost flat will encounter such problem.
hanhanhan
post Jul 24 2023, 12:27 AM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

QUOTE(wenywk @ Jul 18 2023, 02:29 PM)
Hello May I know, how did you trace your quit rent bill
I have also never receive any bills for 10years but recently I want to transfer title to another family member
if u have title details u can trace online or at land office.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:36 PM