Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PROPERTY MARKET TO BE BADLY HIT IN 2018, Tekan the greedy sellers to the max!

CK15
post Today, 07:22 AM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Nov 22 2017, 01:21 AM)
According to a 2017 wealth report; there are less than 3% of adults in the kangkong land have over us$100k wealth.
Just see the top of iceberg wants to act as an expert.
The so call report is for fun only. Use more of your eyes and brain to see and analyze, you will find multiple X higher than reported.
aaron1717
post Today, 09:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(LYNshop @ Nov 21 2017, 08:28 PM)
Yeah, i dont really like MS after the icon city cuci tangan story  blush.gif
True bro, but 300k+ for almost 1ksqft still ok la, if cannot sell then play rental as passive.
How bout Bell suites? same price range but half the size, aim for Xiamen Uni rental  hmm.gif
xiamen uni students... you better check how many students really study at there.... and why students wanna choose that uni to study instead of other colleges and uni within KL....

southville surrounding... really how much rental can you play.... bangi is not exactly prosper with job opportunities and students... even with office suites in southville... why companies wanna move their offices to bangi? i guess if u rent out to reduce losses should be ok... maybe 1.2k and below per month... it wont be passive income...
icemanfx
post Today, 09:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(CK15 @ Nov 22 2017, 07:22 AM)
Just see the top of iceberg wants to act as an expert.
The so call report is for fun only. Use more of your eyes and brain to see and analyze,  you will find multiple X higher than reported.
Wealth report by investment bank may not accurate to the last decimal point but is a good estimate, It is consistent with other data available and realistic.

For reasons, the rich is getting richer, the poor remain poor, the middle class become the new poor and i.b is only serving the rich.

This post has been edited by icemanfx: Today, 09:34 AM
noiseemunkee
post Today, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(brother love @ Nov 21 2017, 11:46 AM)
Me actually knew few people who goreng rm800k to Rm1 million condos /landed to flip, and tis was as recent as 2-3 yeara ago..now either lelong or almost kena lelong or holding until sweating non stoo

And me still hear people discuss buying xx pojek for invest

Johor so big so many empty land and they build soho studio in the thousnands at mad prices, becoming ghoat condos
losing money or breakeven? how much has the priced dropped from the peak?
aldtan
post Today, 11:24 AM

Not sure if this has been addressed but i think the key trigger for a property slowdown - continually stagnant prices for landed and significant correction to condos is the fact that the period of low interest rates are now over.

Property prices - in PG, KL, JB since 2011 has been driven purely by increased affordability arising from a sustained period of all time low interest rates NOT from salary/increase. Sure people still have their jobs, but the fundamentals of property - economic and wage growth has not been supporting the level of prices we are at now.

The US fed reserve is looking to hike rates 4x next year, BNM has already stated that it was hiking rates - (many expect 25-50 bps next year which will result in 5-7% increase in monthly mortgages) and stated that it will continue normalising interest rates over the course. Leading up to 2020 effective lending rates will likely be closer to 6%.

So apart from the supply-demand imbalance, wages have to catch up to property prices on falling affordability levels.

I can go on with this, but my question ia...are asset holders due for a rude awakening soon with the end of a multi year cycle? and how long will the downcycle last considering we are stuck in a middle income trap?

Awaiting your insights :S

brother love
post Today, 11:31 AM

Regular

Exactly..mmany amaturs not aware of all these related stuff such as interest rates..price went up until moat people unable pass bank DSR..it was stagnant prior to the bull run so.plenty of room for.price appreciation ..dvloper like MS screwing buyers with 3 year in the future prices and still so.many waterfishes bite
LYNshop
post Today, 11:34 AM

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Nov 22 2017, 09:24 AM)
xiamen uni students... you better check how many students really study at there.... and why students wanna choose that uni to study instead of other colleges and uni within KL....

southville surrounding... really how much rental can you play.... bangi is not exactly prosper with job opportunities and students... even with office suites in southville... why companies wanna move their offices to bangi? i guess if u rent out to reduce losses should be ok... maybe 1.2k and below per month... it wont be passive income...
Xiamen U currently 70% china, 30% local, they have hostel but very small and got curfews, and current demands are there, still a very new uni but one of the tops in China, and many big shots from there sponsored this Xiamen project. U can ask ur SA friends if they are selling this projects. In this forum also not many people know bout this, and also one of the reasons Sunsuria doesnt really hard sell promote ads on this projects is that they want buyers to understand it, not just blindly invest on it. You can try visit it, will blow ur mind. thumbup.gif

Alot people have bad perceptions on Bangi area, yea bangi is very quite big, but not bad place to work in on traffic wise, im staying in OUG, currently working in bandar baru bangi area, takes me 20-25mins to reach work, and 25-30mins to reach home. Last year im working in Ara damansara area, takes 30-40mins to reach work, and 1hour+ to reach home, funny part is distance is same around 23-25km. Only downside is lack of GOOD chinese food sad.gif
Rental for it should be able to offset monthly installment, maybe fork out for maintenance only. Depends luck also , pray for best lol

This post has been edited by LYNshop: Today, 11:35 AM
aaron1717
post Today, 11:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(LYNshop @ Nov 22 2017, 11:34 AM)
Xiamen U currently 70% china, 30% local, they have hostel but very small and got curfews, and current demands are there, still a very new uni but one of the tops in China, and many big shots from there sponsored this Xiamen project. U can ask ur SA friends if they are selling this projects. In this forum also not many people know bout this, and also one of the reasons Sunsuria doesnt really hard sell promote ads on this projects is that they want buyers to understand it, not just blindly invest on it. You can try visit it, will blow ur mind.  thumbup.gif

Alot people have bad perceptions on Bangi area, yea bangi is very quite big, but not bad place to work in on traffic wise, im staying in OUG, currently working in bandar baru bangi area, takes me 20-25mins to reach work, and 25-30mins to reach home. Last year im working in Ara damansara area, takes 30-40mins to reach work, and 1hour+ to reach home, funny part is distance is same around 23-25km. Only downside is lack of GOOD chinese food  sad.gif
Rental for it should be able to offset monthly installment, maybe fork out for maintenance only. Depends luck also , pray for best lol
well... its not CBD and not near to CBD... of course im not saying that bangi is a ghost town... but with the supply of residential units in southville... lets say half of it are for renting out... how many populations in bangi will rent the supplied units... travelling distance is not a main issue here.... i am also staying in outskirt location... going to PJ to work too... well... since it already bought... just squeeze the best out of it... icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
brother love
post Today, 11:49 AM

Regular

Bangi hahaha..high dense Bangi Savannah suites..realy sohai
LYNshop
post Today, 11:54 AM

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Nov 22 2017, 11:45 AM)
well... its not CBD and not near to CBD... of course im not saying that bangi is a ghost town... but with the supply of residential units in southville... lets say half of it are for renting out... how many populations in bangi will rent the supplied units... travelling distance is not a main issue here.... i am also staying in outskirt location... going to PJ to work too... well... since it already bought... just squeeze the best out of it...  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
Hahah yeah, but i like the traffic very much, other than the stupid 10mins traffic light outside Country Heights.
Come to think of it, quite expensive also, got new launch further up landed 500k+ blink.gif
Worse come to worse move in myself as working near there as well.
Dont really like MS project, but prefer to invest in cheaper townships, like this and Sunsuria city biggrin.gif
FuNks
post Today, 12:00 PM

F z N

QUOTE(brother love @ Nov 22 2017, 11:49 AM)
Bangi hahaha..high dense Bangi Savannah suites..realy sohai
woiii dont like that Sifu, Serene heights ok to play or not? hmm.gif
icemanfx
post Today, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(aldtan @ Nov 22 2017, 11:24 AM)
Not sure if this has been addressed but i think the key trigger for a property slowdown - continually stagnant prices for landed and significant correction to condos is the fact that the period of low interest rates are now over.

Property prices - in PG, KL, JB since 2011 has been driven purely by increased affordability arising from a sustained period of all time low interest rates NOT from salary/increase. Sure people still have their jobs, but the fundamentals of property - economic and wage growth has not been supporting the level of prices we are at now.

The US fed reserve is looking to hike rates 4x next year, BNM has already stated that it was hiking rates - (many expect 25-50 bps next year which will result in 5-7% increase in monthly mortgages) and stated that it will continue normalising interest rates over the course.  Leading up to 2020 effective lending rates will likely be closer to 6%.

So apart from the supply-demand imbalance, wages have to catch up to property prices on falling affordability levels.

I can go on with this, but my question ia...are asset holders due for a rude awakening soon with the end of a multi year cycle? and how long will the downcycle last considering we are stuck in a middle income trap?

Awaiting your insights :S
Until Q3 this year, the above was ignored and even mocked even by some now.

16 Pages « < 14 15 16Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0628sec    3.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 07:12 PM