Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ELP CCTV – USBFHD06H 1080P USB Surveillance, A tiny USB Surveillance Camera

views

TSdrumstick62
post Nov 12 2017, 02:00 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
130 posts

Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog Smartech101

It was totally a different experience for me on reviewing this item. Not like those IP camera that I reviewed before, this goodies really require some self exploring and research. For people that is good in DIY, this might suit you.
Special thanks to Ailipu Technology for sending me this surveillance camera to review. The item that I am going to review is their house brand ELP series USB surveillance camera with full HD 1080p resolutions.

Some history about this company. Ailipu Technology, started their business in 12 years ago and they are the professional manufacturer in surveillance system. ELP is actually their house brand which is well known in security surveillance system. They have a wide range of products like traditional analog CCTV camera, standalone DVR recorder, IP cameras, USB surveillance camera and etc.

Product Page : ELP-USBFHD06H
Company Page : Ailipu Technology Co., Ltd

The Box:
Consists of : 1 x USB Surveillance Camera, 3 x Fixing screw
Attached Image Attached Image

The ELP-USBFHD06H USB Surveillance Camera

Product Specification & Features
Sensor: Sony IMX322
Resolutions: 1080P 30FPS
Compression Format: H264
Connection Port: USB 2.0
OTG Protocol: USB 2.0 OTG
Power supply: DC5V
Storage: No
Adjustable parameters: Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness, Gamma, Gain, White balance, Backlight Contrast, Exposure
Lens Parameter : Standard FOV(D)100 Degree , optional 2.1/2.8/3.7/6mm/FOV(D)170 /180 Degree [2.8 – 12mm Vario Lens]
Operating system request: Win7,Win8,Linux 2.6 or above,Android 4.0 or above

PRO
– OTG (On-the-go) as it is directly connected via USB and it can connect directly via android devices
– If you are thinking to setup surveillance camera for your house ( with centralize storage) this might be a good choice
– Manual Zoom In/Out

CONS
– No manual provided and not much info available on web.
– This is mainly for experts and industrial use purposes
– Do not have it’s own standardize software

It is typically a CCTV based concepts and does took me sometime in exploring this surveillance camera as it is totally different with those IP camera that I reviewed before. Preferable you have a centralized system or centralized storage to store all recording if you would wish to treat it as a surveillance camera . The target audience of ELP is mainly on industrial or DIY experts.
Took me some time to explore and dealing with the support from ELP. I have to look for 3rd party software/application in order to work with the camera. They does not have it’s own application to sync directly with the camera.

Hope my comments and review video will be resourceful to you. Thanks for reading!

Watch my Youtube channels

This post has been edited by drumstick62: Nov 12 2017, 03:07 PM
Zaryl
post Nov 27 2017, 06:13 PM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,363 posts

interesting.

You mentioned it does not have its own app for video/photo monitoring? have to use 3rd party?

how much is the price?
TSdrumstick62
post Nov 29 2017, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Nov 27 2017, 06:13 PM)
interesting.

You mentioned it does not have its own app for video/photo monitoring? have to use 3rd party?

how much is the price?
I am using Amcap software(for notebook) which is recommended by their support team. For android OTG , you can just search for those highly recommended USB camera apps.
You may visit their store > ELP Aliexpress and check with the seller to get a good price.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd September 2021 - 05:50 PM