Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda Jazz 2017 vs Perodua Myvi 2018, Comparison

views

Richbabe
post Nov 21 2017, 10:32 PM

1 posts

Anyone bought New Myvi?
I don’t know why my loan with public bank is 3.08% for 5 yrs loan. I didn’t manage to find any below 3%. Anyone found better interest rate?
TSapple.tech
post Nov 21 2017, 11:20 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Richbabe @ Nov 21 2017, 10:32 PM)
Anyone bought New Myvi?
I don’t know why my loan with public bank is 3.08% for 5 yrs loan. I didn’t manage to find any below 3%. Anyone found better interest rate?
https://forum.lowyat.net/user/Eternalgl0ry
desmond0806
post Nov 22 2017, 05:05 PM

40 posts

just test drive just now.

Engine:
Yeah engine is quite lazy but i didnt experience the engine rev as loud as Bobby Ang's video even when I almost press the paddle to the floor... Acceleration only kicks in more after 3rd gear. Generally engine noise is ok lah as long as u dont floor the paddle all the time. Well personally i dont mind the slower acceleration as it could save quite a lot of fuel (mind u 20km/l is pretty good as its not even a hybrid). i dunno u guys still think of security/safety wise other than from the ASA, but I personally think that ITS A GOOD THING that the accelerator isn't that sensitive. Why? My old vios accelerator is pretty sensitive, so had to be careful especially when there's car in front or after smart tag toll, the engine will jerk to the front a bit and the engine revs like siao! I really really hate that feeling. But year i had to agree that even after pressing the paddle, engine takes like 2 secs to kick in and really start moving and accelerating the car.
the accelerator pedal and brake pedal height difference is ok for me, not too far , not too near either. Brake feel is pretty good for me coz dont need to press far and u'll feel the car braking dy yet the brake arent that sensitive till make the car jerks...

Suspension is a little on the hard side. Probably its new and haven't gone through enough rough roads or portholes yet...Not sure about body roll is bad or not coz i wouldnt consider myself a car expert to judge that.

Seat:
Seat is definitely a bit small for those with bigger body size (I'm 179 CM) on the leather material. I notice the cloth-like material is slightly(just slightly) wider for my ass. lol. Leather seats feels normal and okok only. unlike the honda city, their leather seats makes the whole car feel more premium. but the leather seats are perforated (small holes) so i guess they dont feel as warm as other leather seats

Visibility:
Side mirror is okok lah. i dont feel that confident yet if i can rely most of the time on my side mirrors before i change lane from first drive. I normally rely on side mirror on my old vios but old wira definitely need to turn my head most of the time.

Multimedia:
Speakers are general not bad CONSIDERING there's only 4 speakers in the highest variant.
TSapple.tech
post Nov 23 2017, 01:13 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(desmond0806 @ Nov 22 2017, 05:05 PM)

Engine:
Yeah engine is quite lazy but i didnt experience the engine rev as loud as Bobby Ang's video even when I almost press the paddle to the floor... Acceleration only kicks in more after 3rd gear. Generally engine noise is ok lah as long as u dont floor the paddle all the time. Well personally i dont mind the slower acceleration as it could save quite a lot of fuel (mind u 20km/l is pretty good as its not even a hybrid). i dunno u guys still think of security/safety wise other than from the ASA, but I personally think that ITS A GOOD THING that the accelerator isn't that sensitive. Why? My old vios accelerator is pretty sensitive, so had to be careful especially when there's car in front or after smart tag toll, the engine will jerk to the front a bit and the engine revs like siao! I really really hate that feeling. But year i had to agree that even after pressing the paddle, engine takes like 2 secs to kick in and really start moving and accelerating the car.
the accelerator pedal and brake pedal height difference is ok for me, not too far , not too near either. Brake feel is pretty good for me coz dont need to press far and u'll feel the car braking dy yet the brake arent that sensitive till make the car jerks...

Suspension is a little on the hard side. Probably its new and haven't gone through enough rough roads or portholes yet...Not sure about body roll is bad or not coz i wouldnt consider myself a car expert to judge that.

Seat:
Seat is definitely a bit small for those with bigger body size (I'm 179 CM) on the leather material. I notice the cloth-like material is slightly(just slightly) wider for my ass. lol. Leather seats feels normal and okok only. unlike the honda city, their leather seats makes the whole car feel more premium. but the leather seats are perforated (small holes) so i guess they dont feel as warm as other leather seats

Visibility:
Side mirror is okok lah. i dont feel that confident yet if i can rely most of the time on my side mirrors before i change lane from first drive. I normally rely on side mirror on my old vios but old wira definitely need to turn my head most of the time.

Multimedia:
Speakers are general not bad CONSIDERING there's only 4 speakers in the highest variant.

Thanks for your comments!
desmond0806
post Nov 24 2017, 11:36 AM

40 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue...4&v=67MRJe5rGLY

Apparently the time taken to reach 100km/h is the same as old myvi albeit the new myvi feels slower in acceleration. tune to @19.55 to watch the drag race comaprison
ZeneticX
post Nov 24 2017, 12:09 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,769 posts

QUOTE(desmond0806 @ Nov 22 2017, 05:05 PM)

Engine:

Seat:

Visibility:

Multimedia:
placed your booking?
fazley13
post Dec 4 2017, 08:44 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(ZeneticX @ Nov 13 2017, 08:03 PM)
different segment

Picanto is A, Myvi is B

Picanto should be compared to Axia
Nice car ha picanto? Will try to test drive tomorrow
desmond0806
post Dec 5 2017, 03:41 PM

40 posts

but the kia picanto back seat macam very very narrow, go look at PT post a few months back then on the new picanto
xiper
post Dec 5 2017, 05:49 PM

13 posts

TS if you are concerning about the fuel consumption, the price difference of 30k will return to how many years worth of fuel that you think?

I mean if comparing 2 cars at similar price and go for the more fuel saving and lesser maintenance cost will be the right comparison. But the car price is just too huge difference and you should have the answer in your mind when the Myvi is in the consideration list.

Myvi is well equipped but in terms of space, refinement and handling it definitely losing out to the Jazz. As for long term maintenance and including the consideration of resale value, you will spend a lot more on the Jazz than Myvi. Not to say you have already save 30k upon purchase.
Eternalgl0ry
post Dec 6 2017, 01:05 AM

Casual
447 posts

What i hate about the new myvi after test drove for 1 week (1.5 with ASA friends car )

I really hate that the "eco" mode is impossible to turn off. In city is helpful but on highway the stupid eco mode slows down so darn irritating to overtake. Pretty wasted imo for such good engine but stupid feature which cannot turn off. Correct me if it can be turn off because i cannot find any button to turn off

The sudden brake force for the ASA is also not accurate. Yes 20km/h will help you stop but sometimes the distance between you and the front car are sometimes not accurate probably the ASA camera only able to detect certain size of the car front of you.

Example if the car front of you is a normal size car the front clearance is acceptable. Just few days ago the sudden brake force stop in a parking lot because a pickup was in front of me. I WAS LIKE ???? there is at least 50cm of space

So taller vehicles will most likely not as accurate during the ASA brake
QUOTE(benzzahid @ Dec 5 2017, 03:36 PM)
Wow the KIA Picanto looks really good in Yellow. Look at the rims. superb! thumbup.gif
Yes rclxm9.gif rclxms.gif

I view it in showroom in johor bahru red cube before. If they can bring in something identical and price around 50-60k will sell HOT. The interior no doubt is more premium for the price

This post has been edited by Eternalgl0ry: Dec 6 2017, 01:07 AM
amad108
post Dec 6 2017, 09:53 AM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Dec 6 2017, 01:05 AM)
What i hate about the new myvi after test drove for 1 week (1.5 with ASA friends car )

I really hate that the "eco" mode is impossible to turn off. In city is helpful but on highway the stupid eco mode slows down so darn irritating to overtake. Pretty wasted imo for such good engine but stupid feature which cannot turn off. Correct me if it can be turn off because i cannot find any button to turn off

The sudden brake force for the ASA is also not accurate. Yes 20km/h will help you stop but sometimes the distance between you and the front car are sometimes not accurate probably the ASA camera only able to detect certain size of the car front of you.

Example if the car front of you is a normal size car the front clearance is acceptable. Just few days ago the sudden brake force stop in a parking lot because a pickup was in front of me.  I WAS LIKE ???? there is at least 50cm of space

So taller vehicles will most likely not as accurate during the ASA brake
Yes  rclxm9.gif  rclxms.gif

I view it in showroom in johor bahru red cube before. If they can bring in something identical and price around 50-60k will sell HOT. The interior no doubt is more premium for the price
I did read somewhere in bezza group, they did mentioned that the ECO indicator can be turn OFF,.. but i thought that's only indicator, the gbx behaviour will still the same.. the laziness to change gear still applies..
jaycee1
post Dec 7 2017, 01:10 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(danielcmugen @ Nov 19 2017, 10:25 AM)
I think all recent A and B segment car buyers affected. Lol.
1 thing i noticed. Not sure about jazz, but for city, there's no space for me to slot my feet under the front seats for added legroom. Despite having ample knee room.

I checked myvi yesterday, there's space to slot my feet and therefore the legroom might just feel bigger than city.

[attachmentid=9350511] This is city feet-room

On a side note, Iriz has an even bigger space to slot my feet, but knee room is lacking in comparison.
That is because on the City and Jazz, the fuel tank is under the front passenger seat (most cars have it located under the rear seats)

This layout gives you huge boot space and the ultra seats, but robs rear passengers of toe room. A reasonable compromise.

I think the new MYVI is hard to beat. Even all loaded up, its still 55k. Almost half the price of the Jazz hybrid....which has less safety gear (missing the very crucial curtain airbags). Interior build quality and materials about the same.

The MYVi will also depreciate less compared to the Hybrid Jazz, and will also cost less to maintain. Look at the Insight RV.

That said, the Jazz hybrid drives better and is more powerful off the line, and had better fuel economy.

My money would be on the Myvi though simply because it is larger now, have a huge price differential and outstanding equipment.

If you factor in interest and insurance cost, the Myvi's 30k cheaper pricetag, actually means its over 35,000 cheaper over 5 years loan. That goes a long way in terms of petrol and running costs.

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Dec 7 2017, 01:14 PM
zhimingq
post Feb 21 2018, 01:37 AM

3 posts

Hands down, Myvi win becoz of prices and equipment, other manufacturer will some time to react to Myvi. Even if I didnt buy Myvi, I appreciate the competition it made to other car manufacturer, will either bring down the price or give better equipment in the future to compete.
ngaisteve1
post Feb 22 2018, 09:20 PM

Software Engineer
6,779 posts

Thinking to get new myvi 1.3 auto. which better to recommend?

7 Pages « < 5 6 7Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 PM