Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What drive your decision when select course?

post Nov 30 2017, 04:32 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I don't have any particular interest. But Physics & Maths are my strength. And being naive and young, I wanted to do stuff that is rare for girls (esp 2 decades ago).
My time, I was quite struggle in negotiating with my dad. After SPM, I got offer to be enroll into TUDM Academy to study (on-the job train) on Aviation Engineering. After which, graduated will be posted as Lieutenant rank in TUDM. But being turn down by my dad, as a girl go inside TUDM = dangerous. Too many guys / army.
Then, I went for Singapore Airline Stewardess interview.. get thru all 3 test & interview, finally get letter of offer to move to Singapore for training. Dad turn it down, and mom say those are "flying hostess" (old days air stewardess = fish for rich man).

Finally enroll myself to properly study a course. I choose Automotive, my dad say he only have vision seeing his daughter carrying handbag with high heels work in office. Force me to study business or finance. Which after so much negotiation, I manage to go in Electronics Eng. (Diploma).. but when come to Degree, switch to Comp Science as that is the easiest to get enroll at that time. So.. my dad WIN! He now see his gal carrying handbag working in corporate office on high heels. ugh!

What I keep telling my child now... dun go Engineering (his dad is Chemical Engineer).. dun go Comp Science (mom is.. ).. pls do something else.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0456sec    3.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2018 - 01:11 AM