Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help. My father has a Mistress behind my mom, Which department should I call

views

bub01
post Nov 8 2017, 02:10 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(yuna20042004 @ Nov 7 2017, 05:06 PM)
My father is not divorced with my mom and had a Mistress (who's my mom's sister) behind her. They are living secretly in a house and illegally. My mom was emmited to ward recently, and when I asked my dad to come take cares of her, he came and slapped me instead. Please tell me what department can I call and report. I just wanna report about his illegal having a Mistress thing.  I've tried police and they are not going to help.
You are angry towards your father, I understand. However extramarital affairs are not a crime. Is was a crime in South Korea but they have decriminalised it as it is an archaic law that doesn't fit with modern society. Affairs are more common than you think and you have to understand your parents are not infallible. Human err, people change over time, likes and dislikes change in time. Even sexual orientation. Men who have been married for years with kids suddenly coming out of the closet.

Prioritise your mom, put her well being first. How serious is her illness? If it's serious, then you need to value her over your feelings of your father. Her issues are much more important that yours. Has your father been providing financial support?

Perhaps you've said things that have upset and hurt your father to result in him slapping you. You are young and angry but he is still your father. If he is still providing for you and your mother financially then it shows he still cares. Be respectful. Try not to be emotional when talking to him about the affair. Do not be shouting and swearing like those viral videos of women catching their spouses with their mistresses in hotels. If you did that then your father did the right thing in slapping you. It might hurt you but it must have hurt him more to do it.

If not, if your father has always been neglecting you and your mom then just leave him be, he's not worth being angry over. Talk to your mom how she wants to deal with your dad. Leave the emotional matter between her and your father alone. But be there for her. If your mom wants to cut ties then good, settle everything legally. Get all the monies and property divided amicably if possible and move on.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:44 PM