Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Renology - Alan Lee CS, Anybody having issues with him?

JustForReno
post Dec 18 2017, 12:48 AM

Group: Newbie

i do suspect that hun eung is alan himself. but alan is lee cs..so, unless thats not his real name then its not possible.

about late delivery charges, the contract states that we cannot claim if we have any late payments. fortunately for me, each of my payments were made almost immediately using instant transfer (without me checking his work first). hence i suspect this is the reason he is dodging me now.

not to mention the clay bricks changed to cement bricks issue.
advocado
post Dec 18 2017, 01:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(JustForReno @ Dec 17 2017, 12:06 PM)
i didnt expect them to be brainless enough to leave the rice in the pot. sue him over leftover rice, hollow tiles, late delivery, inferior material? how?
go for consumer tribunal, best if you gather all the "disatisfactory clients" to file together. bring all documents, receipts with you.

worst case go Michael Chong or DAP for help. but once this is done this is like burn the bridge already. if he decides to come back to settle the work don't expect much also.

so best to have backup plan, meaning you burn whatever payment you made to him. if you already made full payment, then, well...
JustForReno
post Dec 18 2017, 08:12 AM

i have contemplated making a police report or reporting him to NCCC. however since this is a civil case, the police can do nothing. furthermore, i dont have his IC or his picture. only the BR of the company that i bank in to (not to mention thats not his official company).

he doesnt provide receipts. the only documents i have are his invoices and my bank statement.
advocado
post Dec 18 2017, 09:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!

if he lied about the bank account and company is not his it's a con job thus goes under police investigation but don't expect much from police.

if the company is indeed related to him, file a consumer tribunal.

when they start investigation they will approach the bank account owner of the account you banked in. they will need to explain about it. if they cannot explain the reason for your payment and company is not related to him means it's a con job, and the company will need to pay back the money you banked in.

same concept as 1 guy mistakenly bought a stolen goods from another, doesn't matter who stole the goods, the person who has the good have to turn the good in and returned to owner. then it's up to the shop/1st hand/2nd hand buyer to confront each other assuming non of them notice it was a stolen good when they sold it.
adrianjc
post Dec 18 2017, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(JustForReno @ Dec 17 2017, 08:53 PM)
his quote is rm1xx,xxx two other contractors gave 3xx,xxx. his payment terms were extremely favourable to me. 5% progressive.
Normally when you look at quotations always good to get them to break it down by work bundles. Easier to compare that way.

While I may not know your exact specifications or renovation requirements, having a quotation provided much lower than the average will start ringing alarms. Not to say that being cheaper is not good, but when the difference is a big one then possibility for problems increase tremendously especially in the event the contractor under quoted.
cybermaster98
post Jan 2 2018, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Alan has gone missing again since 24 Dec. Work still uncompleted at both my units plus a 3rd unit. vmad.gif
Axton_L
post Jan 2 2018, 12:14 PM

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jan 2 2018, 10:32 AM)
Alan has gone missing again since 24 Dec. Work still uncompleted at both my units plus a 3rd unit.  vmad.gif
He blocked my phone call since Nov 2017. Now considering make police report to protect myself in case he show up suddenly to collect $$$.
advocado
post Jan 2 2018, 03:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Axton_L @ Jan 2 2018, 12:14 PM)
He blocked my phone call since Nov 2017. Now considering make police report to protect myself in case he show up suddenly to collect $$$.
you guys should gather and file a class action case against him. you guys paid big money and combined effort will make it easier to win.
cybermaster98
post Jan 3 2018, 08:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!

I think there are many ppl who have uncompleted projects by Alan. Not sure what's his problem. If it's just insufficient manpower, then why does he keep taking on more and more projects and running away without completing the work? I spent a lot of time talking nicely to him plus going out of my way many times to help him and his workers yet Im still facing this mess.

advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 11:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jan 3 2018, 08:50 PM)
I think there are many ppl who have uncompleted projects by Alan. Not sure what's his problem. If it's just insufficient manpower, then why does he keep taking on more and more projects and running away without completing the work? I spent a lot of time talking nicely to him plus going out of my way many times to help him and his workers yet Im still facing this mess.
how is his payment terms?

how much deposit does he take, and how much payment once he starts work?

if the deposit & early payment is high, that means it's more lucrative for him to take in more jobs than actually completing them because it's way faster to take deposit & early payment than later payments where works need to be completed before getting paid.

remember, CNY is coming, many folks getting eager to get contractors to do their job before CNY, and most contractors have their schedule full so they will decline, but greedy folks will try to take this opportunity to earn as much as they can by taking more jobs than they can work on.

This post has been edited by advocado: Jan 3 2018, 11:47 PM
cybermaster98
post Jan 3 2018, 11:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 3 2018, 11:46 PM)
how is his payment terms?

how much deposit does he take, and how much payment once he starts work?

if the deposit & early payment is high, that means it's more lucrative for him to take in more jobs than actually completing them because it's way faster to take deposit & early payment than later payments where works need to be completed before getting paid.

remember, CNY is coming, many folks getting eager to get contractors to do their job before CNY, and most contractors have their schedule full so they will decline, but greedy folks will try to take this opportunity to earn as much as they can by taking more jobs than they can work on.
Actually his payment terms are quite ok. 10% advance with periodic payments once work items on the quote are completed. I think only in some cases have the owners actually paid more than the work done. Its just the huge hassle of having to always chase him for work to be done and finally to kick him out and get a new contractor to come in and complete his work.

And his issues have nothing to do with CNY im sure as his problems started early 2017 as far as I know.
advocado
post Jan 3 2018, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jan 3 2018, 11:53 PM)
Actually his payment terms are quite ok. 10% advance with periodic payments once work items on the quote are completed. I think only in some cases have the owners actually paid more than the work done. Its just the huge hassle of having to always chase him for work to be done and finally to kick him out and get a new contractor to come in and complete his work.

And his issues have nothing to do with CNY im sure as his problems started early 2017 as far as I know.
well that's strange. maybe he has his personal issues? maybe he didn't really take in alot new job but just have issues completing current jobs?

health? money issue? cannot find enough workers?
insider
post Jan 4 2018, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I have engaged him for my house renovation works and he has abandoned my hse without completing the work. Only completed 80% of the work. Just suddenly refused to answer my calls or messages. Payments were up to date. Quality of work is not good.

Now I have to engage others to finish the balance of the work & the repairs .

Personally, I am not happy at all with his work.
cybermaster98
post Jan 4 2018, 11:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(insider @ Jan 4 2018, 11:02 AM)
I have engaged him for my house renovation works and he has abandoned my hse without completing the work. Only completed 80% of the work. Just suddenly refused to answer my calls or messages. Payments were up to date. Quality of work is not good.

Yes the same modus operandi for most of us too. He does about 80-90% of the work then disappears despite our payments being on time and up to date. First he stops answering calls & msgs then after too many ppl start looking for him, he gets a new hp number.
advocado
post Jan 4 2018, 12:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Jan 4 2018, 11:31 AM)
Yes the same modus operandi for most of us too. He does about 80-90% of the work then disappears despite our payments being on time and up to date. First he stops answering calls & msgs then after too many ppl start looking for him, he gets a new hp number.
i think he already gotten his margin so he thinks finishing the job is not worth it. the 10% left is it tricky time consuming work?
ju146
post Jan 6 2018, 12:34 AM

Regular

QUOTE(insider @ Jan 4 2018, 11:02 AM)

Isn't your contract has the late payment clause? Maybe you should file a case against him on this and see how he respond?

Alan did my renovation too and I must thank to god at least he completed my work, with 2-3 months delayed
advocado
post Jan 6 2018, 01:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(ju146 @ Jan 6 2018, 12:34 AM)
Isn't your contract has the late payment clause? Maybe you should file a case against him on this and see how he respond?

Alan did my renovation too and I must thank to god at least he completed my work, with 2-3 months delayed
3 months delay, is alot. that is close to a quarter of a year.
advocado
post Jan 6 2018, 01:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!

ju146
post Jan 6 2018, 08:21 AM

Regular

QUOTE(advocado @ Jan 6 2018, 01:15 AM)
It is, but at least he delivered mine. I believe this guy warrant a slot for bad contractor compiled list
insider
post Jan 8 2018, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I am planning to take action but I need to get the house done first as I need to move it ASAP.

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0829sec    5.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th December 2018 - 03:47 PM