Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Renology - Alan Lee CS, Anybody having issues with him?

views

ju146
post Dec 4 2017, 05:56 PM

Regular
1,537 posts

QUOTE(Axton_L @ Dec 4 2017, 12:31 PM)
Hey guys, I am one of the victim as well! I engaged him on July and agreed to commence work on Sept. However he did not start any work on the date and delayed for around 1 month before slowly start the works. There is only minimal reno work for my place such as plaster ceiling, wiring, paint and replace a window. However after 2 month plus he still owe me my door grille and the window. My kitchen wall been hacked for 1 month now and still waiting for the window to be install. The worst part is my wedding is on next week and I can't move in with the hole. He had totally ruin it. Although he promise will definately install it by this week but he had go offline since last Friday and not contactable. He also been giving ridiculus excuss for not returning my keys. sad.gif
window again.. same goes to my case, window late for months and i end up told him 'screw with window provider, i get my own'. I proceed to another provider that supply and install within week.

Check your contract, there is a clause of penalty on late delivery.
car_computer
post Dec 4 2017, 06:30 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

there is a penalty for late delivery clause ...but again he is smart arguing that client added work scope although it is only a minor change and client late in payment
ju146
post Dec 4 2017, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,537 posts

QUOTE(car_computer @ Dec 4 2017, 06:30 PM)
there is a penalty for late delivery clause ...but again he is smart arguing that client added work scope although it is only a minor change and client late in payment
Late in payment is epic right, haha
insider
post Dec 8 2017, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

Hi, anyone here has any othere contact number of Alan ?
Or contact number of his workers?

He has not finished my house - just another 5% work left.

Or is he handling any of your sites now ?

URGENT ........

This post has been edited by insider: Dec 8 2017, 08:52 AM
TScybermaster98
post Dec 9 2017, 12:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,439 posts

QUOTE(insider @ Dec 8 2017, 08:51 AM)
Hi, anyone here has any othere contact number of Alan ?
Or contact number of his workers?

He has not finished my house - just another 5% work left.

Or is he handling any of your sites now ?

URGENT ........
His hp is mostly switched off. Very difficult to contact him on the mobile.
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 09:51 AM

21 posts

this is the work quality of alan lee aka renology aka hun eung industries. i had to call up tong roro myself to get them to change the bin. i had to throw away their leftover food and drinks, empty the kitchen sink which is clogged with rice and full of small flying insects.

this week workers averaged at zero to one per day. their excuse when i ask them: sakit, cuti, balik sentosa. alan's excuse: at kfc, at nsk, weekends dont work.

i have already told him i found other contractors to pick up his pieces and ask him to finalize the payment but he has been mia for days.

oh yea. contractual work duration is from dec16 to mar17. six figure contract. he was recommended to me by his brother in lyn.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 10:14 AM

21 posts

ledtover rice with insects

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
SUSadvocado
post Dec 17 2017, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

yuck disgusting. you never inspect prior?

suggest you guys go for a class action suit.
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 12:06 PM

21 posts

i didnt expect them to be brainless enough to leave the rice in the pot. sue him over leftover rice, hollow tiles, late delivery, inferior material? how?
car_computer
post Dec 17 2017, 01:42 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(JustForReno @ Dec 17 2017, 09:51 AM)

oh yea. contractual work duration is from dec16 to mar17. six figure contract. he was recommended to me by his brother in lyn.
estimated completion as per contract is mar17 but it is still ongoing ?
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 01:51 PM

21 posts

it's my fault for allowing it to happen. i have compassion for him, let him complete other projects first, but he took advantage of me by providing all sort of excuses, workers gone back for raya, promise will not take up any additional work etc. i have been honest and told him i will only need to move in dec17 and he only started working late this year.

so many things were delayed because he didnt complete his work despite me reminding him please remove the pillar so my autogate people can measure and install. pls hack the wall so my window supplier can install the frame. on the day itself when the installer came, still not hacked yet!

i have already hired other people to complete his work, keep begging him to show up so we can settle the remaining work and balance but refused to reply my messages.

weikee
post Dec 17 2017, 02:52 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Strongly advice all homeowner wanted to do renovstion get multiples quotes, and not all from internet.

And renovation need to be progressive payment.
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 04:36 PM

21 posts

i met 6-7 other contractors prior to Alan. i was impressed by his knowledge, and pricing wise, the difference compared to other contractors was six figures.

i did my due diligence, googled renology came up with nothing, went to ssm and saw that there are two renology, renology industries and renology enterprise. figured one of it is his company. though i was suspicious when he did not list out his business registration number on the letterhead in his quotation (and subsequent invoices). the bank account that he gave me is also registered on ssm.

what i didnt expect was his dishonesty in providing cement bricks vs clay bricks as quoted, and installing hollow tiles.
car_computer
post Dec 17 2017, 07:52 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

QUOTE(JustForReno @ Dec 17 2017, 09:51 AM)

he was recommended to me by his brother in lyn.
may i know his brother ID in lyn ?
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 08:09 PM

21 posts

hun eung (the bank account that u pay to, isnt it hun eung industries)?

til now he hasnt reply my messages yet. the gate people came by today to measure the gate, but he hasnt finish hacking the whole pillar yet so they cant measure.

kitchen guy coming tuesday but power point and plumbing not done.

windows and coming tuesday still not finish plastering yet.

my new door has cement stains and one side cant be opened...dont know is it because when he plastered it, it got stucked.

i bought WC, hood hob all placed in the house with no windows, every night i dont know if the things are going to be there tomorrow mrng.

new contractors are coming in tuesday, dont know whether alan is going to show up by then.
weikee
post Dec 17 2017, 08:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(JustForReno @ Dec 17 2017, 04:36 PM)
i met 6-7 other contractors prior to Alan. i was impressed by his knowledge, and pricing wise, the difference compared to other contractors was six figures. 

i did my due diligence, googled renology came up with nothing, went to ssm and saw that there are two renology, renology industries and renology enterprise. figured one of it is his company. though i was suspicious when he did not list out his business registration number on the letterhead in his quotation (and subsequent invoices). the bank account that he gave me is also registered on ssm.

what i didnt expect was his dishonesty in providing cement bricks vs clay bricks as quoted, and installing hollow tiles.
6 figures different, not sure the level of renovations involved and the quantum of this 6 figures different (10% or >30% different) if quantum are very high i really have doubt. I hope you didn't pay too much advance to him.

When i did my big renovations I paid by progressive only when they need buy materials. Come to think about it, my contractor start work without payment, he told me demolish no need monies so start work without payment, done demolished only collect.
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 08:53 PM

21 posts

his quote is rm1xx,xxx two other contractors gave 3xx,xxx. his payment terms were extremely favourable to me. 5% progressive.
car_computer
post Dec 17 2017, 09:41 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

how could that be ? that’s 100% difference in pricing ! It sound fishy and unrealistic. with that pricing you cant expect him to use clay bricks right ?

This post has been edited by car_computer: Dec 17 2017, 09:44 PM
JustForReno
post Dec 17 2017, 09:52 PM

21 posts

how would u know which is the realistic pricing without looking at my work scope. it could be his price is realistic, but the other two contractors are the one jacking up the price
ju146
post Dec 18 2017, 12:36 AM

Regular
1,537 posts

QUOTE(JustForReno @ Dec 17 2017, 09:52 PM)
how would u know which is the realistic pricing without looking at my work scope. it could be his price is realistic, but the other two contractors are the one jacking up the price
Did you ask him to pay for late delivery charges? I highly suspect the proclaim 'brother account' in LYN is Alan owns account actually. I was also baited through the same process but luckily mine is just a 1x,xxx project and delayed for 1-2 months. I guess that's is lucky enough

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 PM