Safer Payment Gateway, Paypal Seller Protection Sucks Ass

views

TSUserU
post Nov 5 2017, 10:55 PM, updated 7y ago

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

With lots of Paypal chargebacks here and there, are there any good alternatives that could be embedded into a website (iframe) since I'm using a web builder?

Selling digital goods and unfortunately this is not covered by PP so sellers get fucked in 9/10 cases.

Receiving payments in USD, rather not display email address, only business name.

This post has been edited by UserU: Nov 5 2017, 10:58 PM
gamestotal
post Nov 6 2017, 10:43 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Nov 5 2017, 10:55 PM)
With lots of Paypal chargebacks here and there, are there any good alternatives that could be embedded into a website (iframe) since I'm using a web builder?

Selling digital goods and unfortunately this is not covered by PP so sellers get fucked in 9/10 cases.

Receiving payments in USD, rather not display email address, only business name.
if you think paypal charge back is bad you should the local ones it is even worst. at least under paypal they use billing address check, this means they check against the credit card address.

almost all other cc , ex: local ones, do not check therefore expect 5 times more charge backs IF compared to paypal.

IF you are having charge back issues, you have to check your process or the way you find customers cause something is definitely wrong some where
TSUserU
post Nov 7 2017, 12:07 AM

Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

QUOTE(gamestotal @ Nov 6 2017, 10:43 PM)
if you think paypal charge back is bad you should the local ones it is even worst. at least under paypal they use billing address check, this means they check against the credit card address.

almost all other cc , ex: local ones, do not check therefore expect 5 times more charge backs IF compared to paypal.

IF you are having charge back issues, you have to check your process or the way you find customers cause something is definitely wrong some where
The buyer could simply file under "Unauthorized Charges" or "Didn't receive product" claim. I read cases that many sellers have lost their cases, including Twitch streamers.

I could produce evidences such as emails but I doubt PP's policy would deem them sufficient.

For digital products, it's not easy to avoid charge backs because there are no tracking numbers or physical products.

This post has been edited by UserU: Nov 7 2017, 12:08 AM
gamestotal
post Nov 7 2017, 01:45 AM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Nov 7 2017, 12:07 AM)
The buyer could simply file under "Unauthorized Charges" or "Didn't receive product" claim. I read cases that many sellers have lost their cases, including Twitch streamers.

I could produce evidences such as emails but I doubt PP's policy would deem them sufficient.

For digital products, it's not easy to avoid charge backs because there are no tracking numbers or physical products.
this depends on where u get your customers

example:
say u r selling digital key for pc games
IF you get most of your customers from PAID pc magazines in which the users need to pay to read the magazine, chances of fraud (charge-back) is low
IF you get most of your customers from FREE reviews, warez like bittorrent or piratebay, then... you should know what u r getting yourself into
this is the primary reason why certain magazines + publication charge tons of $ for ads, while others like FREE websites no one want to advertise.

TSUserU
post Nov 7 2017, 01:51 AM

Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

QUOTE(gamestotal @ Nov 7 2017, 01:45 AM)
this depends on where u get your customers

example:
say u r selling digital key for pc games
IF you get most of your customers from PAID pc magazines in which the users need to pay to read the magazine, chances of fraud (charge-back) is low
IF you get most of your customers from FREE reviews, warez like bittorrent or piratebay, then... you should know what u r getting yourself into
this is the primary reason why certain magazines + publication charge tons of $ for ads, while others like FREE websites no one want to advertise.
I'm promoting my website (along with the product) by myself via paid searches so the visitors are mainly from search engines.

Kinda a mixed bag. There are genuine buyers out there but at the same time people who want to exploit the system.

gamestotal
post Nov 7 2017, 02:17 AM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Nov 7 2017, 01:51 AM)
I'm promoting my website (along with the product) by myself via paid searches so the visitors are mainly from search engines.

Kinda a mixed bag. There are genuine buyers out there but at the same time people who want to exploit the system.
when i was still doing gamestotal.com , i ban entire regions & countries due to cc fraud. countries that was on my ban list includes: all asian countries excluding japan, middle east, south america, africa... let me rephrase only country i accept cc payment is us , uk, aus. lol
TSUserU
post Nov 7 2017, 11:21 AM

Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

QUOTE(gamestotal @ Nov 7 2017, 02:17 AM)
when i was still doing gamestotal.com , i ban entire regions & countries due to cc fraud. countries that was on my ban list includes: all asian countries excluding japan, middle east, south america, africa... let me rephrase only country i accept cc payment is us , uk, aus. lol
That's pretty stringent. But my website is still new so I need to have more exposure or else I'll lose out on SEO.

So you're saying that only Japan, Middle East, SA, Africa, US, UK and Aus are allowed to visit your website but CC payments are only for US, UK and AUS. How about the Japan and all those?
gamestotal
post Nov 7 2017, 03:34 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(UserU @ Nov 7 2017, 11:21 AM)
That's pretty stringent. But my website is still new so I need to have more exposure or else I'll lose out on SEO.

So you're saying that only Japan, Middle East, SA, Africa, US, UK and Aus are allowed to visit your website but CC payments are only for US, UK and AUS. How about the Japan and all those?
I am saying everyone can visit the website, just payment only accepted by those countries.
Cause if ur chargeback fraud rate gives above 1-2% the company like PayPal normally ban you, freeze ur Acc, take away all your $ which is bad

Fraud prevention is your responsibility
TSUserU
post Nov 7 2017, 07:17 PM

Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

QUOTE(gamestotal @ Nov 7 2017, 03:34 PM)
I am saying everyone can visit the website, just payment only accepted by those countries.
Cause if ur chargeback fraud rate gives above 1-2% the company like PayPal normally ban you, freeze ur Acc, take away all your $ which is bad

Fraud prevention is your responsibility
Good idea, I can check the settings to accept payments from certain countries.

Thanks for your input.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:03 AM