Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I need a new location for my Arabic restaurant, Relocation

views

TSDi7baaash
post Nov 5 2017, 06:42 AM, updated 7y ago

1 posts

I'm an expat living in Kuala Lumpur, and I have opened an Arabic restaurant/bakery in Serdang a year ago, at first I was doing great, but now my business is dying, I'm quite certain it's the location, as most residents in the area had fled the place and relocated in cheaper areas. And so many new restaurants have opened next to mine, which made the competition unbearable. I need your advice on where to open another branch of my restaurant, I've been looking into other areas but I could really use some help. This is my last shot at this and my fate depends on it.
squidsquid
post Nov 8 2017, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

it depends on how you want to do it, i.e. budget mostly i suppose
a good budget would land you are prime areas where there would be crowd but also it depends on what kind of customer you are targeting (students, family, expats etc)

there's one arabic-fusion restaurant in ss15 subang jaya; the food is quite good albeit abit pricey but it has been a major hangout lepak spots for people/students in the area as they provide sisha.

so i think it is better for you to be clear on how do you want to strategise. just my 2cents
Drake-FunNTaste
post Nov 13 2017, 08:39 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Di7baaash @ Nov 5 2017, 06:42 AM)
I'm an expat living in Kuala Lumpur, and I have opened an Arabic restaurant/bakery in Serdang a year ago, at first I was doing great, but now my business is dying, I'm quite certain it's the location, as most residents in the area had fled the place and relocated in cheaper areas. And so many new restaurants have opened next to mine, which made the competition unbearable. I need your advice on where to open another branch of my restaurant, I've been looking into other areas but I could really use some help. This is my last shot at this and my fate depends on it.
You need to go to a place where there are lots of Malays cause the Chinese don't usually dine in Arabic restaurants. A place like Putrajaya or Cycberjaya, or even KL (where there are lots of MIddle east) would be good if you got a good location.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 PM