Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TRUE FITNESS SUCKS!, :( (Fitness)

darlyn
post Apr 19 2007, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

before u join the club (true fitness desa hartamas), they will talk so nicely to u persuade u to join. this is the worst club i joined. totally poor management. when i wan to quit.... it is like going thru hell. i have been pushed around to talk to this and that person. with no solution at all.... then asking me to do this and that. after wut i did, like hand a letter stating my reason for termination then no body attain to me. and still keep on charging my credit card until today. isit fair ?? i din even go to that gym anymore but i have to keep on paying for it monthly. and when i notice they keep on charging for about 3 months oredi, i called them up today...n guess wut the girl answered say will call me back. but neva. so i call again and she give me dunno wut stupid excuse. saying she will call back later.... but neva. so it is a pushing around business where no bodi going to entertain you. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif after that i called again n ask to speck to the manager. the manager seems busy and saying she will call back. n she did...but then still no solution, saying she will check again on this issue and get back to me on sunday. hello... today is only thursday. y need so long~!! this matter has been dragging from february. can u ppl imagine tat. would u be angry if u were me ?? vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif DUN EVER JOIN THIS FITNESS CLUB. YOU WILL REGRET~!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Neek
post Apr 19 2007, 11:27 PM

Stop imagining whats supposed to be here.
Group: Senior Member

You're not the first person. another friend of mine went through the same sheet. so she cancelled her credit card instead. so the club sent her a lawyer letter saying she hasn't paid for dunno how many months... while she already stopped going to that gym for over 2 months b4 she cancelled her card. -.-"
so until now dunno what happened la..
+Quote Post
jones007
post Apr 20 2007, 12:20 AM

Internets Super Heroes LOLWUT

when u join.. u sign a one year agreement, a contract. in that contract it states what u need to do if u were to cancel the contract. did u keep that contract? read it up. do what the contract says. if they dont cancel it after u did them, find a lawyer, sue their asses smile.gif
+Quote Post
Raikkonen
post Apr 20 2007, 12:23 AM

♡ Ʈṫɑɘ-Ʈṫɑɘ ☼ Ʈɑɘѝǧ ☁ 태연 ☂ CHAMSARANG

QUOTE(jones007 @ Apr 20 2007, 12:20 AM)
when u join.. u sign a one year agreement, a contract. in that contract it states what u need to do if u were to cancel the contract. did u keep that contract? read it up. do what the contract says. if they dont cancel it after u did them, find a lawyer, sue their asses smile.gif
wah...like that huh?
Got contract some more?
shakehead.gif
Business like that doh.gif

I thought just pay monthly like rental or something.
+Quote Post
jones007
post Apr 20 2007, 12:26 AM

thats if u dont sign the one year contract and pay monthly as u like. sign the shit, get the shit, some ppl actually sign the one year agreement without knowing it laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Raikkonen
post Apr 20 2007, 06:35 AM

♡ Ʈṫɑɘ-Ʈṫɑɘ ☼ Ʈɑɘѝǧ ☁ 태연 ☂ CHAMSARANG

Simple contract like that also lazy to read sweat.gif
+Quote Post
King83
post Apr 20 2007, 08:12 AM

I'm the guy your mother warned you about

can't u get ur cc bank to reject all dealings with TF?
+Quote Post
sinister
post Apr 20 2007, 08:36 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(darlyn @ Apr 19 2007, 10:53 PM)
before u join the club (true fitness desa hartamas), they will talk so nicely to u persuade u to join. this is the worst club i joined. totally poor management. when i wan to quit.... it is like going thru hell. i have been pushed around to talk to this and that person. with no solution at all.... then asking me to do this and that. after wut i did, like hand a letter stating my reason for termination then no body attain to me. and still keep on charging my credit card until today. isit fair ?? i din even go to that gym anymore but i have to keep on paying for it monthly. and when i notice they keep on charging for about 3 months oredi, i called them up today...n guess wut the girl answered say will call me back. but neva. so i call again and she give me dunno wut stupid excuse. saying she will call back later.... but neva. so it is a pushing around business where no bodi going to entertain you.  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  after that i called again n ask to speck to the manager. the manager seems busy and saying she will call back. n she did...but then still no solution, saying she will check again on this issue and get back to me on sunday. hello... today is only thursday. y need so long~!! this matter has been dragging from february. can u ppl imagine tat. would u be angry if u were me ??  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif DUN EVER JOIN THIS FITNESS CLUB. YOU WILL REGRET~!!!
Y don't u call d credit card company to cancel the charges and not to accept any charges from TF.
+Quote Post
Neek
post Apr 20 2007, 11:14 AM

For my friend's case, it was actually a misconduct in the membership consultants part. According to that mc, he said my friend could quit anytime. but when she wanted to quit, the management said it was a 1 year contract she signed. so she can't quit. -.-"
so she said the mc said she could quit anytime. the management said that particular mc has quit, and whatever he said no longer matters. talk about being an @#$%^&*.

Btw, i still haven't cleared which gym is this (i forgotten which gym)... its either celeb fitness/ true fitness. tongue.gif
whichever center is not really the point. the lesson here is, please read the contract b4 signing it. don't just trust some salesman's word as he's in it for the comission.
+Quote Post
Hean
post Apr 20 2007, 02:57 PM

On my way

Ya, cos they know we won't bother to read the T&C. That's the most important part. And those fitness centre must learn that verbal agreement is counted as an agreement too. Not cakapcakap only. vmad.gif
+Quote Post
wos
post Apr 20 2007, 03:08 PM

Enthusiast

the worst that could happen to you is your trainer keep calling you to ask to but sessions......i damn sien liau..

This post has been edited by wos: Apr 20 2007, 03:09 PM
+Quote Post
Haneda
post Apr 20 2007, 03:12 PM

Casual

bring it to the tribunal.. or bring it to the politicians. Write to malay mail! don't give face to those con case gym!
+Quote Post
darlyn
post Apr 20 2007, 03:22 PM

Getting Started

i oredi call the creditcard ppl juz now. but she says she kenot help in anything becoz that transaction is auto debit. damn it~! this is like CHEATING ppl's money. and when i call to the management ppl in true fitness, she is alwiz busy... and the pushing around business start.

+Quote Post
Haneda
post Apr 20 2007, 03:24 PM

Casual

call true fitness and tell them i they don't do anything about this.. you going to bring it to the media.
+Quote Post
alanyuppie
post Apr 20 2007, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

before I spend $ on anything (purchases of services), I make it a point to research on the integrity of the company that I might give my hard earned $ to.

here's some complaints on true fitness in a consumer website:

http://www.consumer.com.my/message/index.p...ount=0&blogid=1
+Quote Post
deathbringer
post Apr 20 2007, 03:31 PM

I'll Pwn j00 !!

many complaints about True Fitness.... sweat.gif

man...even Celebrity Fitness doesn't put their clients through this...and they r not the best gym to go to either.
+Quote Post
sinister
post Apr 20 2007, 04:16 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(darlyn @ Apr 20 2007, 03:22 PM)
i oredi call the creditcard ppl juz now. but she says she kenot help in anything becoz that transaction is auto debit. damn it~! this is like CHEATING ppl's money. and when i call to the management ppl in true fitness, she is alwiz busy... and the pushing around business start.
den report ur card is stolen, u'll get new no. and d company can't auto debit anymore

+Quote Post
Vincentmomo
post Apr 20 2007, 04:24 PM

Casual

Ok, being a ex membershp consultant, these are my view.

1. If you can get someone that wants your membership, transfer it immediately, be it family member or friends.

2. There's no use bringing it to court really, as all the terms and condition is clearly stated. From what i understand, TF had never lost in court case. Its the customer's negligence to not read the T&C nicely.

3. Cancelling the card would earn yourself a lawyer letter. Now you can only cancel your card if there is a doctors letter saying that you could not do any sort of exercise already. So if you have doctors contact that can help, it would be nice.

4. You can also cancel if you can prove that u will be migrating overseas/ wrking there and not coming back. Even if you say you want to study overseas, they will only freeze your account.

5. Try freezing your account first. You only pay 30% of the actual fee. At least its better than paying all. But freezing needs documentation as well, like company's letter in going overseas and work.

The manager is a china lady called Jacqueline. She won't give a f*** about it although she's the club manager. Give a call to the centre. Talk to Charles or Miss Lam. They handle such problem. Get an appointment. And complain there. Better results. My 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Who is your consultant by the way? Wouldn't be suprised if its Kelly or Yen.
+Quote Post
darlyn
post Apr 20 2007, 05:16 PM

Getting Started

yea lor. stupid consultant. her name is yen la. when call alwiz she is not around or busy. then never follow up anything. if i get lawyer letter, can i juz ignore it? now i am in brunei. imagine i oredi wasted how much on my phone bills oredi. been calling them like more than 10 times.
+Quote Post
jones007
post Apr 20 2007, 05:28 PM

QUOTE(Hean @ Apr 20 2007, 02:57 PM)
Ya, cos they know we won't bother to read the T&C. That's the most important part. And those fitness centre must learn that verbal agreement is counted as an agreement too. Not cakapcakap only.  vmad.gif
u can sue as misrepresentation. but the contract is provided to u. u cant sue for misrepresentation then.

TS, stop complaining la. read the contract u signed. do what the contract says to cancel the contract.
+Quote Post
se7en
post Apr 20 2007, 05:33 PM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Group: Admin

you can't cancel your auto-debit? Which credit card company is this?

The problem here however would be the T&C. If it is stated there that you are bound to complete one year, then even if you cancel your card, they will still charge you, and later start sending you legal letters stating that you owe them x amount of dollars.

Your best way out would be to immediately write to them to tell them you intend to cancel your membership at the end of the one year period that you signed the agreement for. Keep a copy of the letter and make sure you hand deliver it to them (preferably with acknowledgment of receipt). That would be the only way out, you have to accept the fact that you will loose one entire year of membership fees by signing the agreement with them.

Morale of this is never sign anything without reading the full T&C. There are a lot of organizations out there who do this right now, abusing the unsuspecting users of credit cards. Wouldn't be surprised if there is soon laws regulating the use of auto-debit transactions.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
darlyn
post Apr 20 2007, 05:46 PM

Getting Started

i am using hsbc credit card. i oredi told them i am migrating to brunei. wut i can do if they dun believe. somemore tat yen told me if i freeze my account, there is no charges. how come now saying 30% charges ??

+Quote Post
malaysianPotato
post Apr 20 2007, 06:15 PM

I need more space to write stuff here...
Group Icon
Health & Fitness
Group: Elite

Sigh, why don't you just post the document you signed when you joined the gym? That way we don't have to speculate is and isn't bound by law.

You did get a copy of it didn't you?
+Quote Post
ws-
post Apr 20 2007, 06:33 PM

Getting Started

as i know..there are ways of cancelling the membership.
my friend just paid the penalty of dono how many RM. but that's for celebrity fitness, and another friend of mine just paid a mth extra.. and that's for california fitness. true fitness i dono loh..
+Quote Post
darlyn
post Apr 20 2007, 11:56 PM

Getting Started

hm... if i complain in malay mail, wut will happen? will the consumer org do anything about it ?
+Quote Post
alanyuppie
post Apr 20 2007, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(darlyn @ Apr 21 2007, 12:56 AM)
hm... if i complain in malay mail, wut will happen? will the consumer org do anything about it ?
think of it this way: even though you might not get what you wish to get in return, at least you did a part in exposing this unscrupulous gym. I'm sure sooner or later it might go bankrupt and "revenge" is finally served to them.
+Quote Post
malaysianPotato
post Apr 21 2007, 02:32 AM

Group Icon
Health & Fitness

QUOTE(darlyn @ Apr 20 2007, 11:56 PM)
If it's stated in the contract that you must complete your 1 year contract with them and you go to the press about how bad they're treating you and how they're robbing you, be aware that they can sue you for it.

ETA: I can't remember what the legal term is, sux posting at 2:30, grammar, terminology and spelling all goes to crap. doh.gif

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Apr 21 2007, 02:36 AM
+Quote Post
jones007
post Apr 21 2007, 03:48 AM

stop talking about other way out. read your contract. and follow it. enough complaining here. we are not lawyers. hire one. this thread is pointless. make a mistake then learn your mistake through the consequences. thats the way of life.
+Quote Post
Joey-kun
post Apr 21 2007, 07:29 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz

QUOTE(malaysianPotato @ Apr 21 2007, 02:32 AM)
If it's stated in the contract that you must complete your 1 year contract with them and you go to the press about how bad they're treating you and how they're robbing you, be aware that they can sue you for it.

ETA: I can't remember what the legal term is, sux posting at 2:30, grammar, terminology and spelling all goes to crap.  doh.gif
if I'm correct its called defamation.

most fitness centers nowadays require you to stick around and pay them for a year. You should have read the T&A properly before signing up. Now there isnt anything much you can do.

And seriously, whining like a little girl will not help you. If you're old enough to sign up for a gym you should be old enough to read the T&A b4 signing up.
+Quote Post
Haneda
post Apr 21 2007, 11:51 AM

Casual

QUOTE(malaysianPotato @ Apr 21 2007, 02:32 AM)

ETA: I can't remember what the legal term is, sux posting at 2:30, grammar, terminology and spelling all goes to crap.  doh.gif
well, she can write abt how those dishonest sales consultants mislead their customers. It is the responsibilities of the fitness center to make sure the customers are well informed abt the terms and conditions.
+Quote Post
jones007
post Apr 21 2007, 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Haneda @ Apr 21 2007, 11:51 AM)
well, she can write abt how those dishonest sales consultants mislead their customers. It is the responsibilities of the fitness center to make sure the customers are well informed abt the terms and conditions.
AND THEN????????? thats the question.
+Quote Post
malaysianPotato
post Apr 21 2007, 02:44 PM

Group Icon
Health & Fitness

It's not being dishonest if the client fails to read the contract he or she signs. Ignorance is not an excuse.
+Quote Post
Neek
post Apr 21 2007, 02:55 PM

For my particular friend, and yes, its true fitness as well, there was a lil dishonesty in the mc's part. the fella said can quit anytime... (but i think its her own mistake also for not reading the t&C first) but then the contract stipulates that it is 2 years... so that conduct of the mc is misleading.

Wanna get comision to sign ppl up also dun lie to them la shakehead.gif
mislead people to believe they can quit.
+Quote Post
arnold
post Apr 21 2007, 03:48 PM

Getting Started

So, simple to say that, don't just hear and obey what the gym consultant said. Sometimes they mislead the information, maybe. I just make an assumption. Easy way is, to read the agreement. I assume that, most gym club will issued you at least 1 year contract to stick with them, it's business strategy mar.. to make sure their business going well. How if they charge based on monthly, which means you can quit anytime you want, sure they would have unpersistent income, right? That's the logic i thought of about club gym. Unless you join private gym, then you can quit anytime you want without being charged.

This post has been edited by arnold: Apr 21 2007, 03:50 PM
+Quote Post
kelvio
post Apr 22 2007, 08:52 PM

old guy

hmmm from what i know in california fitness they read out the terms and u must sign in every terms in there,so the customers know they have a 1 year commitment and they know the terms clearly

hmmm i think verbal agreement also is an agrement
so next time b4 u join take a tape recorder and sit down there and record every thing they say so if they didnt give what they say sue them.
like my friend case,he join FF and havent finish the 1 year contract and he got 2 month left,and he wanna join the CF in pyramid,
the GM told him to pay 100 bucks deposit then can start later and can withdraw the 100 if he decide that he dont wanna join,
and the GM also said he will give my friend 2 weeks VIP pass,
but after that,the 1st time he go to midvalley CF they told him that he cant get the VIP pass cos he already pay 100 and as counted member edi,then my fren call the GM and he said he have to find him 1st to get the pass.ok thats fine,then next time he find the GM and he told my fren every thing ok edi and can go to MV to get the pass,then when my fren went there the manager in MV told him he cant get the pass cos he already a member,then my fren called the GM and the GM told my fren different story asying sorry he cant get the pass and just cut off the phone,
angry, my fren told 1 of the consultant(that time the manager is not there) if they dont solved the problem he going to terminate his credit card and in his credit card got 5 of his friend and + me 6, join using his credit card,
after that the consultant really helped him,after that the consultant let my fren in for 1 day,

lucky for the GM my fren didnt record the verbal agreement if not they will be in trouble

+Quote Post
egoeagle
post Apr 22 2007, 09:51 PM

Casual

No doubt a verbal agreement concludes as aan agreement as well.But if taken to courts documented proof will be of priority to the judge.If there is no documentation of such agreement then he will fall back on the verbal agreement or implied actions agreement and the burden will be on the consumer to prove that there was a verbal agreement(witness, tape recorder, etc)

Sorry to say you're pinned down in this one
+Quote Post
Civil
post Apr 22 2007, 10:18 PM

Casual

luckily i didnt go there today. Coz yesterday someone from truefitness called me for free 7 days trial
+Quote Post
REYZAI
post Apr 23 2007, 12:14 PM

Getting Started

hi, i sold my tf account because of their service also. my consultant is nice and pretty, just other staffs duno for wat they keep calling me n my colleague, i nicely tell them tht i m oredi a member, n they say sth like:' cant u see that i m trying to help u to save more money?' or 'u are oredi 22 years old, dun tell me u dun hv money to do watever u like'.

then i call up their manager, sam rajan. he nicely listen to my situation, n say will call me back. so i wait, but no response. n i call up for two more times, same things happend. i was so angry and i was about to call my journalist frens to address this issue.

but luckily, i meet some1 nice to let me transfer my account. but i was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry with that manager and other staffs.

darlyn, u cant report police but u can address this issue to public, give awareness to all, like what u r doing now by post at LYN. i m not trying to mislead u but i feel the same with u.
+Quote Post
darklight79
post Apr 23 2007, 12:20 PM

Cutting with nasi lemak & chicken skin
Group Icon
Health & Fitness

The OP better be careful. If i remember correctly, Mun had some problems with California Fitness from his blog. He talked some smack about them and they wanted to have "round table talks" with him.
+Quote Post
Vanquish
post Apr 23 2007, 12:56 PM

F.U.B.A.R.

Aduh, another one of the many many cases I heard about these fitness clubs... I got a friend who kena also, blindly signed the contract without reading it properly... Ended up her credit card being charged monthly even though she stopped going to the gym...

True Fitness, California Fitness, wateva fitness all using the same tactic. Better be EXTREMELY careful when reading through a contract.
+Quote Post
egoeagle
post Apr 23 2007, 01:25 PM

Casual

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Apr 23 2007, 12:20 PM)
The OP better be careful. If i remember correctly, Mun had some problems with California Fitness from his blog. He talked some smack about them and they wanted to have "round table talks" with him.
Round table talks?..isn't that gonig a bit too far?.I'm under the assumption that there are no lawyers involved.
+Quote Post
Joey-kun
post Apr 23 2007, 01:32 PM

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Apr 23 2007, 12:20 PM)
I believe it was fitness first. golds gym in america has similar complaints.

Added on April 23, 2007, 1:34 pm
QUOTE(egoeagle @ Apr 23 2007, 01:25 PM)
Round table talks?..isn't that gonig a bit too far?.I'm under the assumption that there are no lawyers involved.
they threaten legal action often. there was a rumor that a bunch of college students were forced to join the gym after a free trial or else they'll get sued

This post has been edited by Joey-kun: Apr 23 2007, 01:34 PM
+Quote Post
goliath
post Apr 23 2007, 01:36 PM

Joey, did they (CF) charge you after your contract expired?
+Quote Post
darklight79
post Apr 23 2007, 01:46 PM

Cutting with nasi lemak & chicken skin
Group Icon
Health & Fitness

Fitness centres are fukked up, period. All they want is your damn money. I hate it when they say special offer upon walk in. If you refuse, the offer is gone. All these lame tactics of persuasion makes me wanna slap them upside the head.
I remember going into FF once on a trial. The rep was persistently asking me if i want a PT. I finally snapped and said,"Do I look like i need a PT? Find me someone who deadlifts more than 500 pounds, then he can be my PT".

He didn't say no more shit after that. Stupidity at its peak.
+Quote Post
King83
post Apr 23 2007, 01:48 PM

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Apr 23 2007, 01:46 PM)
Fitness centres are fukked up, period. All they want is your damn money. I hate it when they say special offer upon walk in. If you refuse, the offer is gone. All these lame tactics of persuasion makes me wanna slap them upside the head.
I remember going into FF once on a trial. The rep was persistently asking me if i want a PT. I finally snapped and said,"Do I look like i need a PT? Find me someone who deadlifts more than 500 pounds, then he can be my PT".

i hear ya doh.gif doh.gif
+Quote Post
goliath
post Apr 23 2007, 01:51 PM

Fitness centres are fukked up, period. All they want is your damn money. I hate it when they say special offer upon walk in. If you refuse, the offer is gone.
Rep : "Today is the last day for this offer"

2 days later, they called and mentioned the same thing.. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Vanquish
post Apr 23 2007, 01:52 PM

F.U.B.A.R.

Not surprising loh, those "Kam-Sao-tants" are not fitness experts la, just trying to sell you things you dun need only... shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
King83
post Apr 23 2007, 01:55 PM

Find me someone who deadlifts more than 500 pounds, then he can be my PT".

i really wish i could say that tongue.gif

screw those PT lah, they're just skinny.
+Quote Post
darun
post Apr 23 2007, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast

Yeap. Another celebrity fitness. You will get different rates and I'm not talking promotions here. When I first walked in last time, they guy quoted me 180/month. Luckily I was not dumb and quoted him back that fitness first is less than 150/month, then he gave me a bunch of excuse and say he'll counter offer me with "special student rate" even though I'm not and say its exclusive to me, blah, blah, blah..
+Quote Post
Joey-kun
post Apr 23 2007, 04:34 PM

QUOTE(goliath @ Apr 23 2007, 01:36 PM)
Joey, did they (CF) charge you after your contract expired?
I paid using cash so no such crap but I do need to pay rm20 if I am late
+Quote Post
angelayen
post Apr 25 2007, 04:46 PM

ღ¸¸.·*´¯`♥ ´¯`*·.¸¸ღ

how much for the true fitness member per month?
+Quote Post
neko-gurl
post Apr 26 2007, 01:52 AM

Group: New Member

As a ex fitness consultant,

I'm sure there are many grieviences of the club by many people. and I'm not surprised. I know many consultants who are less than honest with their dealings.. however sometimes its really not their faults when they some customers assume things and don't ask. I know as my stint as a MC, I've always enjoyed giving my members the best deal. and the most free gifts I can smuggle out. happy.gif Obviously I didn't last very long. ahaha.

Firstly, I'm very happy with the club. thank goodness as my membership consultant was nice enough to give me the details although not all the details, I was pretty happy with what I got as I'm a gym go-er and I love to go to gym. However to those of you who have difficulties in the gym, here is some advise, as an ex membership consultant.

1. as a member of true fitness, you CAN transfer your membership to anyone that would like to purchase it over. Trust me. there are people out there who love to sign up to the gym. many people sign up everyday... and instead of blindly letting the bank take the fees out of your credit card monthly, sell off your membership to someone who'd use it.. or at least pay for it.. then you would not suffer the payment so much. OR you could always get a doctor to say that you are unable to go to the gym, and cancel your membership. Plus there is a no charge for transferring your membership. it's absoulutely free. If you need to know more about how this can be done, let me know.

This works for the memberships that are *dues* where you pay monthly.
if you freeze this type of membership, you still pay a 20% fee to the club.

for the *pre-paid* memberships, you can pause your membership. ( not many times) but only where there is a proper cause, i.e. doctors letter.. work overseas etc. and not pay the freezing fees.

2. The ploy with getting your credit card is to see what type of deals you are entitled to. Depending on your card, i.e. your GOLD card, platinum etc whatever. they will offer you different types of plans. OF course their goal is to actually maximise their profits in the end lah. it'll really depend on your credit limit. However sometimes, the club does really have good deals.. and sometimes it's really worth it to sign up if you intend to use the club on a regular basis. If it's out of the way, or it's not convenient, tell them that. they'll of course have 5 million ways to counter that but no matter what it's you who agrees to the contract in the end.

3. like all sales jobs. there's a fixed sales pitch. don't really trust everything that you hear. Although everyone on this thread seem to think that misrepresentation etc etc... do read the contract before you sign it. For me I really do tell my customers what they are signing up for, and every single detail upon how to quit the membership ( fulfilling the criteria) as well as the legal consequences if you should default on the credit card payment. If you're lucky.. you'll get a good consultant who is really helpful. But if you misunderstand what he or she says it's not their fault. Not that I'm saying that people misunderstand... I'm just saying ask all the questions before you sign up. they are earning a commission off your joining fees.. soooo make it worth it. ask them EVERYTHING under the sun. and if they are unable to, get them to bring out their manager. Be careful tho.. usually the manager will convince you to sign up. and unless you are very FIRM, you will feel compelled to sign up. even pressured to. But do not give in unless you are absoulutely certain that you want to.

4. not everyone is cheated in gyms. the majority are pretty happy with what they have paid for... it's only a number which is unhappy because they didn't get what they paid for. everyday, many people join the gym. The number who join the gym is amazing actually. and out of this... only a few have problems. but as they have about 20 consultants to recruit members, they only have one operations manager to deal with member's problems. you can see the problem here already. and they are overworked as it is. It's quite sad actually that they have to deal with the problems that the mc has ceated, especially the mc's that make the most outrageous claims.

5. it's a practise of the club to scare you with the scariest prices. don't fall for it. pay what you think is worth your money. if you don't like it don't be shy to walk out of there and demand your free pass. I know a few people who just paid a deposit and used the gym for a week and then never came back. Don't waste your money that way. Just say that you will try the gym out and then come back to them. they will be VERY insistant that unless you join on that day you'll lose the 'special' price.
Don't fall for such nonsense. Unless it's the end of the month or year. The prices for the month stay the same. sometimes they really have good deals. really. during events like christmas or hari raya.. or something like that. ASK for it.

6. I really doubt that any legal proceedings can be held over with the club. My friend who's a lawyer came across this guy from KLANG who insisted that hejoined the subang branch under duress. and he claims as it is duress he should be able to quit the club. the lawfirm did not take up the case. Clearly, a club cannot cause you duress as they did not have a knife or gun to your head to threaten your life or safety.. as well as any ecomonic duress can be held against them. As part of contractual law, no matter what was said before the contract was signed, so long as there is a written agreement, the written agreement is binding upon all parties. So you can't sue them for misrepresentation either. Plus you SIGNED the form stating that you've read and understood all the terms and agreements. IF you are not given the chance to read the terms and agreements. don't sign it. Plus you're given a yellow copy of the terms and agreements to take home. So you really can't plead ignorance.

Lesson? be more aware of what your rights are.

7. the mc's have it hard as well. seriously. the pressure to perform is tremendous and you have to work public holidays.. etc.. and no extra pay.. cause the pay is on commission. Be a concious consumer. It's your hard earned money that they are trying to earn.

8. Lastly, if there are consultants who bug the daylights out of you giving you calls incessively. just tell that you're not interested. and tell them to stop calling. Sometimes different consultants will call you. Your name has either been recycled OR you have a many friends who have joined the gym giving your name out..
Be considerate to the mc's as they are people just doing their job and if you tell them that you might go.. they'll put your name down and call you again later. trust me they won't forget to call you. so just put an end to their misery tell them you're not going.
If you give them false hope.. they'll bug you ... again and again..

If I'm not mistaken the last rates that I know about were about 165++ for the 2 year contract. Oh yeah. they'll conveniently not let you know about the 5% government tax added to your monthly fees. You can get it much cheaper about 90 a month depending on the prepaid plans that you take. but you have to pay a lump sum ( or 12/24/36 month installment plan depending on your credit card facilities)

+Quote Post
free_enuf
post Apr 26 2007, 02:06 AM

Regular

QUOTE(neko-gurl @ Apr 26 2007, 01:52 AM)
Good info! Frankly fitness centres like True Fitness are not at all bout ripping or tricking. Ones just have to be aware of what they are demanding and getting.. I have no problem with mine, current or previous. I have a good offer actually. If I go everyday, which I do, it cost me like RM2.50 per visit! Pretty reasonable IMO.
+Quote Post
-K3N-
post Apr 27 2007, 02:54 AM

Zzzzzzz~!!!!

in dat case.. i think u r under EZ payment or Full payment
u can terminate auto debit anytime..
the most u pay for the penalty fees.
+Quote Post
free_enuf
post Apr 27 2007, 03:01 AM

Regular

QUOTE(-K3N- @ Apr 27 2007, 02:54 AM)
in dat case.. i think u r under EZ payment or Full payment
u can terminate auto debit anytime..
the most u pay for the penalty fees.
Nah I paid one lumsum of RM2700 and get 3 years in return! Pretty fair since I set my goal like 5 years ahead!

Edt: No refund though if you happen to get smashed to dead by a falling barbell! Or any other reason.. Transferable with solid reason like medical one!

This post has been edited by free_enuf: Apr 27 2007, 03:03 AM
+Quote Post
Vincentmomo
post Apr 27 2007, 10:16 AM

Casual

RM2700 for 3 years is actually a really good deal. Don't come around anytime. Worthy if u have a goal for 5 years.
+Quote Post
yeeck
post Apr 27 2007, 10:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!

It's fair for ppl with a steady work location. 3-5 years is too far ahead for most ppl. Who know's u might change job, overseas assignment, etc?
+Quote Post
Vincentmomo
post Apr 27 2007, 10:25 AM

Casual

Thats when all the problem of termination comes in, and you'll get a thread like this. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
feralee
post Apr 27 2007, 12:39 PM

Enthusiastic (R)(C)(tm)

QUOTE(goliath @ Apr 23 2007, 01:51 PM)
Rep : "Today is the last day for this offer"

2 days later, they called and mentioned the same thing..  laugh.gif
this happen to all fitness centre i been for the trial
said last day last day
laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Vincentmomo
post Apr 27 2007, 02:40 PM

Casual

For True Fitness, They have this 'Last days" thingy every 2 weeks. In the office term, its what we call as Close-Out promo. We tell customers that its last day shit, but the fact is every 2 weeks we have last day.

And the promo is no different from any other day. Its just to create an urgency. You'll see banner on from 'Last 5 days, Last 4 days.. up till Last Day'. Sales gimmick.
+Quote Post
gtoforce
post Apr 27 2007, 03:38 PM

SPAM AND BECOME A SENIOR MEMBER

i think the issue with true fitness is more on the administrative side

u see i went there, the instructors never persuaded me with joining
they only said, if i have the time and money, can join and reach them anytime or just use whatever opportunity for free trials

the fitness counsellor
now they suck
they sweet talk like hell, and all of a sudden its like ur already a family there
seriously, i thought i was going to get a 1 month membership since my friend was a longtime member
but i ended up with a 7day cuz they said the one month was for members...i mean WTF? he only said that when i decided to join late 2008 (hahahaha)
members already got access why the 1 months thing (i never asked,i only walked away)

i suggest u guys do this ASAP if u want to get fit
join this company called cnergyfitness (i could make some calls)
their joining fees are rm699 per year and you get to go to many many gyms available in KL
however, a caution though
not all gyms entertain cnergy members well
only Gold's gym entertain well cuz they give u towel and tempat mandi
plus the instructors are friendly and willing to help at all times
the only drawback is the time restriction from mon-wed
thats all
other gyms in this network just wont allow the use of cnergyfitness

just visit cnergyfitness.com

seriously, all the expensive fitness centres they suck ur money out not because they can, but they need it for all the unnecessary stuffs they are providing which we might not utilize or even not able to utilize
+Quote Post
-K3N-
post Apr 27 2007, 04:59 PM

Zzzzzzz~!!!!

MY FITNESS offer life time membership dat cost only Rm4k+
worth it right ? but i heard d hygience there SUX
+Quote Post
vic7or
post May 10 2007, 01:02 AM

Getting Started

just came back from true fitness trial... they wanted me to sign up today (the last day gimmick again), but i refused to.

they offered me RM185 + RM90 processing fee + RM960 joining fee. that is certainly out of my budget. so, i told them fitness first is cheaper. and the cm went in to talk with her manager. he came out and waived the joining fee and reduced the monthly fee to RM165. yet, i still refused to sign up, telling them tht i will check out other fitness centres before i make a decision. i'm glad that i did the right move after seeing all the comments in this topic.

anyway, i would say that they have great facilities, and the mc is not that bad actually. if you are really serious about working out, i personally think that it's not a bad place to go. i'm not too sure about the problems that might arrise though. i refused to join, coz it's quite far from the place that i am staying~ anyway, the final decision is with you. no one can force you to do anything that you dont want to.

"Money is what u pay, value is what you get" - Warren Buffett
+Quote Post
NekoRacing
post May 10 2007, 10:46 AM

Casual

I used to be a True Fitness member.

I signed a contract for 2 years, however I made it clear to the sales person from the very beginning that I was interested in workouts and can only be a member for half a year, due to studies i had fly off to Melbourne in half a yr time.

Apparently, a new assistant manager was assigned to handle my case. And he told me, I was not allowed to cancel my membership due to a 2 yr contract. All I did to solve the problem was, I went back to the salesperson and she settled everything for me. And the salesperson was a very sweet lady.

Nice' and easy
+Quote Post
hackwire
post May 11 2007, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Im a true fitness member but i find the gym quite ok and happy of it. not many leng lui compare to fitness lah.
signing an agreement can be cancel of if you are not happy with its Services.

1) write a complain letter to the GM
2) Observe if they have improve or not
3) If not, continue with a second reminder of cancalling the membership
4) Observe again and see if the GM call you in to table talk.
5) all communication must be written and reported on paper.
6) If nothing happen , you have 100 percent Rights to Cancel the membership.

customers are always right and if they can't deliver a good service, why bother to pay them! flex.gif

True Fitness can manage their company through Chinaman style but in the end they will lose out long term because now we have internet brows.gif . Their reputation will be affected if their Manager and customer service Dept is not doing a Great job. all they need to do is to talk it out with every customers who needs to pull out and Flexiblility will bring in new customers in the future. Should sack the GM.

This post has been edited by hackwire: May 11 2007, 09:13 AM
+Quote Post
taikin
post May 12 2007, 02:25 PM

On my way

remember to ask for Non yoga package.. cheaper biggrin.gif

unless you want to pay for Yoga
+Quote Post
malaysianPotato
post May 12 2007, 03:59 PM

Group Icon
Health & Fitness

QUOTE(hackwire @ May 11 2007, 09:07 AM)
*snip*
customers are always right and if they can't deliver a good service, why bother to pay them! flex.gif
*snip*
Too lazy to comment on the rest of your post but that one line is a myth. Customers are not always right and you pay them because you're bound by contract to do so.

What you may consider bad service may be listed in the contract under the terms and conditions. Take TMNet for example, if you subscribe for a 2mbps streamyx package and only get 1/4 of the bandwith you should be getting, they're still living up to their end of the deal as their service is "at best effort".

So no, the customer isn't always right and what is/isn't good service isn't up to you to decide if it's already stated in the contract.
+Quote Post
Vincentmomo
post May 12 2007, 05:05 PM

Casual

QUOTE(taikin @ May 12 2007, 02:25 PM)
remember to ask for Non yoga package.. cheaper biggrin.gif

unless you want to pay for Yoga
Nowadays, its a definite for Yoda. That mean TF more money. Haha whistling.gif
+Quote Post
hackwire
post May 13 2007, 05:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(malaysianPotato @ May 12 2007, 03:59 PM)
Too lazy to comment on the rest of your post but that one line is a myth. Customers are not always right and you pay them because you're bound by contract to do so.

What you may consider bad service may be listed in the contract under the terms and conditions. Take TMNet for example, if you subscribe for a 2mbps streamyx package and only get 1/4 of the bandwith you should be getting, they're still living up to their end of the deal as their service is "at best effort".

So no, the customer isn't always right and what is/isn't good service isn't up to you to decide if it's already stated in the contract.
not really . if u have every details of how poor or deterioration in service or poor upgrade, u have the right to sound out.

contract is void if the services are causing serious threat to health like hygiene and poor maintenace.

of course, depends on how professional you deal with the knowledge of the subject and the genuine of it. if u claim to have skin irritation after u use their facilities, than u have to prove your claim with photos and medical record.

We are talkin sense here ...not abeng talk. rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
malaysianPotato
post May 13 2007, 11:09 AM

Group Icon
Health & Fitness

QUOTE(hackwire @ May 13 2007, 05:00 AM)
not really . if u have every details of how poor or deterioration in service or poor upgrade, u have the right to sound out.

contract is void if the services are causing serious threat to health like hygiene and poor maintenace.

of course, depends on how professional you deal with the knowledge of the subject  and the genuine of it. if u claim to have skin irritation after u use their facilities, than u have to prove your claim with photos and medical record.

We are talkin sense here ...not abeng talk. rclxub.gif
See that's the thing, we need to see the contract to argue this. If the contract itself does not say that they have to provide you clean towels, it's not a breach of contract if they provide you dirty ones. If it's not even in the contract, it's a freebie.

This is ofcourse speculation on my end as I've never been a member in a comercial gym. Maybe if someone could post a copy of their contract for us to disect we could better understand the subject matter.

+Quote Post
ezzone
post Jun 13 2007, 01:12 AM

QUOTE(malaysianPotato @ May 13 2007, 11:09 AM)
See that's the thing, we need to see the contract to argue this. If the contract itself does not say that they have to provide you clean towels, it's not a breach of contract if they provide you dirty ones. If it's not even in the contract, it's a freebie.

If the contract itself does not say that you need to pay them if you damage the machines, it is okay to damage one machine everytime you go there. Tyeh might just ask you politely to terminate your membership. icon_idea.gif

Just kidding...but who knows it might work
+Quote Post
jones007
post Jun 13 2007, 01:54 AM

QUOTE(ezzone @ Jun 13 2007, 01:12 AM)
If the contract itself does not say that you need to pay them if you damage the machines, it is okay to damage one machine everytime you go there. Tyeh might just ask you politely to terminate your membership.  icon_idea.gif

Just kidding...but who knows it might work
impossible that will be in the contract. they wont be that stupid
+Quote Post
max_cavalera
post Jun 13 2007, 02:18 AM

i do not simply want abundantness ~ i am commited to abundantnes

i think most gym like true fitness, fitness fitrst and celebrity fitness membership are done in contract. Usually one year. U cant quit when you already sign it. Gyms arent stupid too. They done research and know that most people who joined the gym usually quit within 2 to 5 months. So you have to honor the contract and keep paying fees until its dateline.
+Quote Post
DaViDcHiN
post Jun 13 2007, 07:18 PM

***SonOfGod***

-.-" yesterday went to jaya33 TF, say dat the RM165 Per month for 2 years only till today, btu i dun think so, he gurantee me dat they wil raise back the monthly fees to rm200++ after today..-.-" must be another scam...
+Quote Post
liez
post Jun 13 2007, 08:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Hean @ Apr 20 2007, 02:57 PM)
Ya, cos they know we won't bother to read the T&C. That's the most important part. And those fitness centre must learn that verbal agreement is counted as an agreement too. Not cakapcakap only.  vmad.gif
And one more of course....The exclusion clause.

QUOTE(jones007 @ Apr 20 2007, 05:28 PM)
u can sue as misrepresentation. but the contract is provided to u. u cant sue for misrepresentation then.

TS, stop complaining la. read the contract u signed. do what the contract says to cancel the contract.
Misrepresentation can only be sued for when what TF sued was not T&C...It must be a statement where it is not a term and turn into a representation then ppl relied on it....then become misrep...sadly what happened up there was that TS was the one who breached the T&C...the contractual catorgraphy test...the statements are reduced into writing...lol...it is a term...

they counter sued you for defamation....
They get:-
1)money
2)Free advertisement
3)pride
4)etc
+Quote Post
budakjahat
post Jun 14 2007, 04:44 PM

On my way

but still, onus is on the customer to read thru the T&C..

+Quote Post
chzehong
post Nov 27 2007, 12:28 AM

The simplest way is... whatever gym you join, how ever much money you pay (of coz u must be able to afford la), just honour ur 12 months or 24 months contract.

They give you a contract to look through and if you don't look through it, then that's your own problem.

Joining a gym is to upkeep your own fitness. If you are planning to quit, why join in the first place.

About the TF, you can transfer your membership. So, you can still sell your membership to other ppl.

+Quote Post
soitsuagain
post Dec 1 2007, 04:26 PM

Let's do it together!

QUOTE(chzehong @ Nov 27 2007, 12:28 AM)
The simplest way is... whatever gym you join, how ever much money you pay (of coz u must be able to afford la), just honour ur 12 months or 24 months contract.

They give you a contract to look through and if you don't look through it, then that's your own problem.

Joining a gym is to upkeep your own fitness. If you are planning to quit, why join in the first place.

About the TF, you can transfer your membership. So, you can still sell your membership to other ppl.
TF offers me RM103/month +intensive personal training session + no joining fees. The contract is for 2 years. At that time I didn't take it cause you know lah, I don't think I can be committed to it. For someone thats not committed, they only see the potentials of losing money when you are bounded by a contract. But who knows, I am regretting not accepting it back than. I just started out gym than and the longest I 'know' I will last will only be 6 weeks. Anyway, once your mind are set like me right its OMG damn cheap! I ended up paying more and in a different gym.
+Quote Post
T+1
post Dec 1 2007, 09:55 PM

Regular

QUOTE(soitsuagain @ Dec 1 2007, 04:26 PM)
TF offers me RM103/month +intensive personal training session + no joining fees. The contract is for 2 years. At that time I didn't take it cause you know lah, I don't think I can be committed to it. For someone thats not committed, they only see the potentials of losing money when you are bounded by a contract. But who knows, I am regretting not accepting it back than. I just started out gym than and the longest I 'know' I will last will only be 6 weeks.  Anyway, once your mind are set like me right its OMG damn cheap! I ended up paying more and in a different gym.
i joined celebrity fitness with 3 years contract 1.5 years ago, with membership fee ~RM2700 (that's about RM75 monthly). last week, i upgraded my membership to lifetime membership with extra RM2800. with lifetime membership, i just need to pay RM99 yearly on forth year onwards.

i think TF & california fitness offer similar package. it incurs huge one time cost, but darn cheap in long term.

+Quote Post
nuclearbom
post Dec 3 2007, 04:31 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hackwire @ May 11 2007, 09:07 AM)
Im a true fitness member but i find the gym quite ok and happy of it. not many leng lui compare to fitness lah.
signing an agreement can be cancel of if you are not happy with its Services.

1) write a complain letter to the GM
2) Observe if they have improve or not
3) If not, continue with a second reminder of cancalling the membership
4) Observe again and see if the GM call you in to table talk.
5) all communication must be written and reported on paper.
6) If nothing happen , you have 100 percent Rights to Cancel the membership.

True Fitness can manage their company through Chinaman style but in the end they will lose out long term because now we have internet  brows.gif . Their reputation will be affected if their Manager and customer service Dept is not doing a Great job. all they need to do is to talk it out with every customers who needs to pull out and Flexiblility will bring in new customers in the future. Should sack the GM.
i worked in true fitness before
as i know, you are not allow to cancel your membership within the period that you commited unless you have some specific reasons

+Quote Post
castelloz
post Dec 4 2007, 02:52 AM

Getting Started

These fitness centres (Celeb, Fitness first, True and ect) they are the same. Their main purpose just to 'sapu' all ur money forces you to use their equipments. Those fitness consultant actually are not a real consultant. They are just a salesman and CON-sultant. Thats all.

As for me, I prefer not to get my self involved into these kind of fitness centres. Id prefer working out at home or go to goverment's fitness centres like Gym Rakyat and ect. Waaayy cheaper!
+Quote Post
sunnyleesy
post Dec 22 2007, 02:36 PM

what would happen if you terminate your credit card, stop payment since you are not going anymore
will TF take legal action against you ?
anybody got sued by TF ?
+Quote Post
King83
post Dec 22 2007, 02:37 PM

LOL WUT
TF rocks weiii
+Quote Post
sunnyleesy
post Dec 22 2007, 02:40 PM

QUOTE(jones007 @ Apr 20 2007, 05:28 PM)

what would happen if you terminate your credit card, stop payment since you are not going anymore
will TF take legal action against you ?
anybody got sued by TF before ?

Added on December 22, 2007, 2:42 pm
QUOTE(Neek @ Apr 19 2007, 11:27 PM)
You're not the first person. another friend of mine went through the same sheet. so she cancelled her credit card instead. so the club sent her a lawyer letter saying she hasn't paid for dunno how many months... while she already stopped going to that gym for over 2 months b4 she cancelled her card. -.-"
so until now dunno what happened la..
any idea what happen then ?

This post has been edited by sunnyleesy: Dec 22 2007, 02:42 PM
+Quote Post
gstrapinuse
post Dec 23 2007, 07:56 PM

Elite

They very fan 1...calling me everyday.I told them giv me sometime to think abt joining the club but they keep on calling non-stop...fan ar...
+Quote Post
aegis`-
post Dec 23 2007, 09:19 PM

Regular

lol before you pay and sign the paper u dont read?
heh i read first before i join tf
imm stuck with them for 2 years but imm dedicated to go there and workout
imm there for abt 5months smile.gif
and enjoying the facility
+Quote Post
spartacvs
post Dec 23 2007, 11:42 PM

I thought my jokes were bad!

This is some serious s***
I never thought there is a one year contract apart from the monthly payment or sort for fitness centres. Is it only True Fitness has such contract or are other fitness centres like Fitness First or Celebrity Fitness has such contract based membership?
I'm beginning to wonder if my friend who just joined in on the 17th of this month is aware of what he pen his signature on.
TS, I hope this problem will end soon for you.
Goodluck!
+Quote Post
DevilHorn
post Dec 29 2007, 03:34 AM

For my case, i was called 1 day and they ask me to go and visit their TF in pavilion,then when i reach tehre they gave me a tour and straight ask me whther i wan to join... ok.. for me is fine.. cause i do workout regularly, so a salesman came by and tell me about the price.. also i'm fine with it, but then he didn't ever mention T&C to me just asking me to sign here and here and here then done... then i ask can i c the cntract?? he say u already signed.. WTF i F***ing got CON.. he made me sign 2 years.. now i'm damn pissed with their tactics.. and now searching for solution to terminate the contract and they say 1 of the best way is to sell out my membership which i need to find my own self.. and u know WAT!!! the Shi**y Salesmen quit the job...
+Quote Post
soitsuagain
post Dec 29 2007, 08:46 AM

Let's do it together!

Yeah, they will just give you a brief description of their package and give you some little bargaining and before long they will ask for your CC and IC to check the special privilege price for you which I say is f***ed. Thats why I went to Cali Fitness earlier I was surprised by the different sales approach. They will never once ask for your card until the price negotiation has been finalized. They also won't push 2 yr or 3 yr package to you if you tell them you haven't been to a gym before
+Quote Post
DevilHorn
post Dec 29 2007, 09:08 AM

Now they make me need to find a buyer so that i can transfer my membership to him/her sigh...
+Quote Post
lcsum
post Dec 29 2007, 02:10 PM

Getting Started

i can feel your anger devilhorn
but i think you need to admit on your mistake too
how can you just sign blindly on paper before going through the contain
need to be more careful next time

This post has been edited by lcsum: Dec 29 2007, 02:52 PM
+Quote Post
allornothing
post Dec 29 2007, 02:56 PM

Melancholic //

I paid cash. That solves a big part of the problem. And of course I was aware of the credit card problems. They're even happier if they get cash, I got 2 free months. Not like it costs them anything. This is Celeb Fitness btw
+Quote Post
DevilHorn
post Dec 29 2007, 03:02 PM

QUOTE(lcsum @ Dec 29 2007, 02:10 PM)
i can feel your anger devilhorn
but i think you need to admit on your mistake too
how can you just sign blindly on paper before going through the contain
need to be more careful next time
i know.. so i'm now currently looking for someone who is wiling to accept my offer..
+Quote Post
aegis`-
post Dec 29 2007, 03:05 PM

Regular

actually before u sign for anything you shld read thru it before signing it lor :|
+Quote Post
Yukaeshi
post Dec 29 2007, 03:21 PM

Casual
Group Icon
Group: Trade Enforcers

My fiance got "conned" by True Spa, we're both True Fitness members. It was before they opened- invited us to have a look, offered packages, the works. My fiance wanted to buy the package although he could see through their marketing plots (He tried to milk them for what's worth too tongue.gif), because at that time they promised that we could share a package, relax together, etc. and he wants me to relax a little.

He paid cash because he doesn't have a CC. They offered to debit from his Maybank ATM card, but then after a while said that their machine doesn't work, etc. and needed cash straight front. Nevermind, my fiance paid. Got a Lazo Diamond freshwater pearl bracelet as a free gift though (Although was promised a necklace by the consultant but they said they were out of stock. Yeah right)

After they opened my fiance called to book an appointment for the both of us- and he was told that they only accepted women, which was not what they promised us earlier and not the point of getting the package. My fiance was pissed (The deal was under his name and the consultant arranged for both of us to share), complained to them, etc. until they agreed to refund. When signing the refund form they tried to change the name to me, but we refused as it's not why we signed up in the first place.

The person in charge told us it would take 2-3 weeks, but my fiance waited for 3. He called them up to ask about the progress, she said she never said 2-3 weeks, but a month. My fiance once again complained and shouted, and in 3 days finally received the cheque.

They're really unethical.
+Quote Post
jason991
post Dec 29 2007, 08:15 PM

is all about the money, money, money

lol..
wahh..tf so sux?
i wanted to join...
but after hearing so much of complains..
i think i will change my mind....^^
+Quote Post
DevilHorn
post Dec 29 2007, 08:36 PM

i actually thinking of selling my membership to others cause i can no longer manage my time in studies and my result is dropping.. if u are intrested u can pm me i can transfer to u which my package is 2818 for 2 years and i had given RM378 as processing fees and deposit, which leaves 2440 which u just need to pay in a year and the following year u can enjoy for free.. u don't have to pay me back the 378 cause i'm transferring it to u so u can think of it as 2440 is the best i can give to u that even TF can't give u this price... hope u can consider it... the facilities is good but just that the way the salesman tactics just pisses us of.. tats all
+Quote Post
raymannlucas
post Dec 29 2007, 08:49 PM

One Life, One Chance, One Try, No Retry

worse case here...my sis, the naive one...after she received call from those centre regarding to the promotion and freebies, she went there together with her friends...same case as ts, force my sis to sign this and that...naive but still wise...she keep saying shes still a student la, although the discount given, she also cannot support...then they have this tactic against the adults..and my sis gave them my parents fon number and mine also...they keep calling and calling...for me, i just ignore by giving excuse having meeting or busy...

worse thing is they called up my parents and say my sisters and her friends already signed and we need to pay monthly fee!! WTF! they says probably my sister doesnt have money! and they r shy to ask from parents..oh come on....this kind of business tactic... oh ya...forgot to mention IT'S FROM GURNEY PLAZA
+Quote Post
cuebiz
post Dec 29 2007, 09:50 PM

Enthusiast

I think salesperson at TF in pavillion should be given lessons on how to do sales. Once I was there for a quick tour and saw the salesguy argue with a customer and shouting loudly and slammed the table. WTF. I get out of the place immediately.
+Quote Post
soitsuagain
post Dec 30 2007, 09:51 AM

Let's do it together!

QUOTE(cuebiz @ Dec 29 2007, 09:50 PM)
I think salesperson at TF in pavillion should be given lessons on how to do sales. Once I was there for a quick tour and saw the salesguy argue with a customer and shouting loudly and slammed the table. WTF. I get out of the place immediately.
Arguing is one thing but its fine, shouting loudly is unacceptable, but slamming the table is intolerable and should be sacked.
+Quote Post
Disciple
post Dec 30 2007, 09:55 AM

Master of Disaster

QUOTE(cuebiz @ Dec 29 2007, 09:50 PM)
shouting loudly and table slamming sweat.gif thats just not smart doh.gif make it look like those gangster meetings or something..if i were you i will get out of the place too lol laugh.gif
+Quote Post
cynnz
post Jan 6 2008, 01:38 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(raymannlucas @ Dec 29 2007, 08:49 PM)
worse case here...my sis, the naive one...after she received call from those centre regarding to the promotion and freebies, she went there together with her friends...same case as ts, force my sis to sign this and that...naive but still wise...she keep saying shes still a student la, although the discount given, she also cannot support...then they have this tactic against the adults..and my sis gave them my parents fon number and mine also...they keep calling and calling...for me, i just ignore by giving excuse having meeting or busy...

worse thing is they called up my parents and say my sisters and her friends already signed and we need to pay monthly fee!! WTF! they says probably my sister doesnt have money! and they r shy to ask from parents..oh come on....this kind of business tactic... oh ya...forgot to mention IT'S FROM GURNEY PLAZA
GUrney plaza is FItness First not True Fitness
+Quote Post
stanum
post Feb 19 2008, 05:45 PM

On my way

oh man..yesterday i signup at FF at IOI Mall.. i told the MC there, Sean that i want to join only for 3months because i will going to continues my study around jun or july. he told me clearly that this will be a 3month only which i hope there is no hidden agenda there. but i still afraid if when the time is comes they will telling me that the contract if for 1 year. oh man...i'' so f***ed up...
+Quote Post
Syd G
post Feb 19 2008, 05:54 PM

Mom. Accidental Medical Student.
Group Icon
Health & Fitness
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(stanum @ Feb 19 2008, 05:45 PM)
oh man..yesterday i signup at FF at IOI Mall.. i told the MC there, Sean that i want to join only for 3months because i will going to continues my study around jun or july.  he told me clearly that this will be a 3month only which i hope there is no hidden agenda there. but i still afraid if when the time is comes they will telling me that the contract if for 1 year. oh man...i'' so f***ed up...
1) Wrong thread.

2) 3 months contract exists in FF. Just make sure u approach them after 3 months to terminate else they're gonna keep on deducting ur muneh.

3) I terminated my membership there twice. No problem.
+Quote Post
yeeck
post Feb 19 2008, 08:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Read the darn contract la...haiyo...
+Quote Post
mthc
post Feb 20 2008, 11:26 AM

Getting Started

celeb fitness when wanna quit in within 1 year pay rm 188 can edi.
+Quote Post
stanum
post Feb 20 2008, 03:16 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Syd G @ Feb 19 2008, 05:54 PM)
1) Wrong thread.

2) 3 months contract exists in FF. Just make sure u approach them after 3 months to terminate else they're gonna keep on deducting ur muneh.

3) I terminated my membership there twice. No problem.
thanks bro. i will take ur advice.

QUOTE(yeeck @ Feb 19 2008, 08:01 PM)
Read the darn contract la...haiyo...
i read but i still ask him about the contract and the 3 month programmed, and he told me there is no problem. i can still terminate when 3 months membership expire.
+Quote Post
danny_ptlm
post May 22 2008, 10:14 PM

!@#$%^&*()_+

wow...so scary one ar de TF??
ill be in hartamas once...wow...like no ppl working out.hm...so cham ler..pavilion seem like very nice..hehe...imean da place ler..not da staff
+Quote Post
la bella
post May 23 2008, 11:16 AM

On my way

My sis joined TF jaya33.
The membership is 2 years.
The consultant said can terminate anytime as the consultant can help my sister to transfer the membership to other ppl who willing to join.
She joined home membership with rm175(not include tax yet). Expensive huh.
I would say she got conned already.
Sad.

+Quote Post
~ ViViaN ~
post May 23 2008, 11:40 AM

Getting Started

rm175 is kinda expensive for a home membership.

Nowadays the the membership price is getting cheaper.
More and more people join gym.
But at the same time, there are many people quit as well.
+Quote Post
bleeper
post May 23 2008, 11:41 AM

On my way

They help you transfer membership? Seems that my friend is looking for people to take over her membership (also jaya 33).
Another sales gimmick promise by consultant?
+Quote Post
danny_ptlm
post May 23 2008, 09:56 PM

!@#$%^&*()_+

hmmm da membership consultant like so tricky...
+Quote Post
sexy babes
post Jun 6 2008, 03:50 AM

wow...so many stories...!! m not surprised!

m ex consultant tho of TF... basically m not surprised with tOO many complaints about the packages and everything. But for CONSUMERS PLS do not blindly SIGN when the consultants told u its nothing. Juz for ur OWN sake of pre-cautions, PLS DUN BE LAZY! READ the agreement first and what it states in it! n re confirm to them of what they advised you or what benefits they promised you and everything la! NEVER take it seriously of what they says. is a dam Singaporean company.. and They are not scared with it even though u wan hired a lawyer to sued them! Overall, those kind of tactics i already can see and analyze. First and foremost Never fall for it and think twice before u signs any paper or take out any cash or by Credit Card. After all its your money. DUN waste it!
+Quote Post
SeLrAhC
post Jun 6 2008, 01:27 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★

i went to true fitness section 14... and i would say it is one of the best gyms i ever been to... comparing california in sp, fitness 1st is subang

the staff never pressure me to sign anything and they always smile... the only downside is there's no free beverage
+Quote Post
lcsum
post Jun 6 2008, 06:53 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SeLrAhC @ Jun 6 2008, 01:27 PM)
i went to true fitness section 14... and i would say it is one of the best gyms i ever been to... comparing california in sp, fitness 1st is subang

the staff never pressure me to sign anything and they always smile... the only downside is there's no free beverage
you must be the first person here to say something nice about TF.....

+Quote Post
JackX
post Jun 6 2008, 07:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Actually you can terminate anytime they can't do anything just ask bank to cancel the payment. Only bad part is you'll be blacklisted from joining again.
+Quote Post
SeLrAhC
post Jun 6 2008, 09:31 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★

QUOTE(lcsum @ Jun 6 2008, 06:53 PM)
you must be the first person here to say something nice about TF.....
i went for trial only lar... so cannot say much... but i think it is nice lor..... the 1 in section 14 ler.. dont know about other places
+Quote Post
spartacvs
post Jun 7 2008, 10:25 AM

I thought my jokes were bad!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

To argue with the customer is really a bad thing but it’s even worse when it’s witnessed by others. It would be interesting if you had it recorded and post it up here, so that at least the rest of us would know what’s level of customer service is like in a respective branch of True Fitness.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The place opposite of Section 14 is known as Jaya 33.
+Quote Post
terencetoo
post Jun 7 2008, 11:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!

haha let me raise out abit ...

for my past experience...i had join:

1) Fitness First for 2 yrs ( Passport- Australia,Menara Axis,Uptown and Curve
2) True Fitness for a year + (Dec 06 con by promising opening on Feb Chinese New Yr)
3) California Fitness (Platinum)

My Reviews:

1) Fitness First- It was great for my first impression, where Australia FF has share sauna/aroma therapy, ice body shower for sauna and up to date DVD rental.

On the other hand, at M'sia FF is like...one grade lower..maybe due to financial problems and not much demand compare to other countries. Firs of all, beverage is good (but make u fat especially the ice lemon tea/100 plus). VCD session nah...forget about it. You do not need to buy your own padlock. Equipment nothing fancy and special tough

2) True Fitness- My gym at FF is ending soon so need a backup plan, saw section 14 having so called "LAST DAY" so bump into it..listen the salesperson crap crap and crap...promised opening on Feb 07 Chinese New Yr ( have more "Ong" from what they told me and is a S'pore Management). The lady boss only 26 this yr but dump by the TF boss already haha she looks pretty tough.

Feb 07- Postpone
March07-Postpone
April07- Postpone and my muscle getting flabby so i requested to temp transfer to Hartamas center and once it Open at Jaya 33 i will be transfer back to the main branch.
May07- Postpone
June07- Grand Opening promised with swimming pool. Postpone
July07- Swimming Pool Pump faulty
August07- Swimming pool which have a technology call something "sound wave" right under the pool but sometime no one swim/ less ppl they will switch off the music underneath the pool ( i think to consume electric)

This happens to Hartamas too..at level 2 management office there which have a small session of machine usage, when they see no one/ less people they will switch off 40% of the lights and aircond geer..

Now we come back to Jaya 33, the sales person really know how to talk rubbish …starting price rm200+. I bought 5 people to join so I know their tactics. Ok, complain to the Manager (lady) no tower and no beverage compare to Hartamas, you guess what the Manager told me, HARTAMAS HIGH CLASS GYM, I fight for a while then fine ( where im the early birds there and slightly get to know her due to she helped me tempo transfer my membership to Hartamas. Ok I complain second round regarding the Live DJ the songs really not motivated ~ sucks…all the songs like 90’s. And the Manager told me “the DJ is new will feedback to him”.

Equipment wise promised us that the trackmail will have lcd disply attach to it but turn out is normal trackmail. But after Pavilion Grand Opening, my colleague saw the new equipment which includes the newly build lcd trackmail there.

Back the the TRANSFER membership, where I pay the whole “lum sam” for the gym I just transfer my membership to my family members (my bro) to continue, fees is paid, just someone to take over my position there. My sales person Natelie which is a normal sales person after a few of my introduction frens under her she gets abit bossy and now she is Assistant Manager there. At first I approached her see whether she can process it faster. But turn out the second time she avoided me and hand this case to someone else “the yellow shirt staff instead the Purple shirt staff). Damn need my supporting documents which im relocating to other country to work. They requested my Offer Letter and my Flight Ticket what is this procedure? I had paid the money bank had deal with you, i just find someone else to continue the membership. So guys or gals whenever you want to transfer your membership account do note that your need to bring your SUPPORTING documents or else penalty will arise.

Equipment wise still ok due to the machines and free weight still new

My fees there is: RM101 for 2 yrs ( rm200+ --> rm169--> rm 149--> rm101)

California Fitness- All California Fitness center abit cramp, this may due Jackie Chan do not want to invest a landed fitness center, so all equipment and free weights session is small and you have to go different places to find the equipment you wish to play.

Where most of the equipment there is old and free weights session contain some smell..think is too old and many ppl uses it.

Other than that, nothing much I can say. ( saw Jackie Chan at Pyramid face to face haha)
Fees im paying is: RM122 for 2 yrs

P/s: All reviews above straightly my own opinion only smile.gif

Thanks!

+Quote Post
clngu
post Jun 7 2008, 11:10 AM

. . . . . . . . .

great review. am wonder Celebrity Fitness in 1U ok or not ?
+Quote Post
SeLrAhC
post Jun 7 2008, 01:25 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★

QUOTE(spartacvs @ Jun 7 2008, 10:25 AM)

The place opposite of Section 14 is known as Jaya 33.
jaya 33 is the name of the building as opposed to jaya 1 which is a area... the area for jaya 33 is still seection 14

QUOTE(clngu @ Jun 7 2008, 11:10 AM)
great review. am wonder Celebrity Fitness in 1U ok or not ?
my friend and his family pays rm77 each month there... family package which i think is rather cheap ^^
+Quote Post
terencetoo
post Jun 7 2008, 03:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

haha this is True Fitness thread brother biggrin.gif

Overall, i still found out True Fitness is good where all the equipement located at the same floor~ and the free weights session should have bigger space and bench press.

Besides Management/beverage and other issue im alriht with True Fitness~

p/s: They just hire some hot chicks there man! Sales Assistant way to go~

+Quote Post
abee
post Nov 4 2008, 05:52 PM

Group: Validating

I've just subscribed Fitness First Free 1 month Membership Package at rm 29.90, but im not satisfied with their customer services and marketing strategy at all and i felt like i've been cheated by them.

This is because when they came to my office to promote us this package, everything is sweet talk and we have been told that we just need to call to make first time visit apointment then we can start enjoy our membership at there.

Therefore, me and my colleagues decided subscribe this package from them and pay rm 29.90 on the spot. After that, me and my colleagues plan wil go on this Nov and enjoy tat 1 month free membership because after Nov some of us are not available, so we got called to Bukit Tinggi Fitness First branch to make an appoitment. But each time when we called, they just keep asked us leave the contact number and the consultant will call us back. Then we all just keep wait and wait for about 1 week and there is nobody call us. After that, me and my friend even got visited their branch ourself to ask in details, they also do the same way, ask us leave the contact number because that time no have any consultant, the consultant only available from 9am to 6pm. so it's ok, then we got make calls again to there between the time which the consultant is available, but nobody can assist us also! wat a poor customer service, or because we only pay for RM29.90?

This make me and my colleagues felt very angry and unsatisfied. Although we only paid for Rm29.90, but they dont forget that we are actually those among their potential member in future, coz we actually want have a trial first before subscribe yearly membership. We r not very care about tat RM 29.90, but please la, we not paid tat RM 29.90 to get a bloody services from u, fitness first SUCK!
+Quote Post
nottikid
post Nov 7 2008, 06:52 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(abee @ Nov 4 2008, 05:52 PM)
I've just subscribed Fitness First Free 1 month Membership Package at rm 29.90, but im not satisfied with their customer services and marketing strategy at all and i felt like i've been cheated by them.

This is because when they came to my office to promote us this package, everything is sweet talk and we have been told that we just need to call to make first time visit apointment then we can start enjoy our membership at there.

Therefore, me and my colleagues decided subscribe this package from them and pay rm 29.90 on the spot. After that, me and my colleagues plan wil go on this Nov and enjoy tat 1 month free membership because after Nov some of us are not available, so we got called to Bukit Tinggi Fitness First branch to make an appoitment. But each time when we called, they just keep asked us leave the contact number and the consultant will call us back. Then we all just keep wait and wait for about 1 week and there is nobody call us. After that, me and my friend even got visited their branch ourself to ask in details, they also do the same way, ask us leave the contact number because that time no have any consultant, the consultant only available from 9am to 6pm. so it's ok, then we got make calls again to there between the time which the consultant is available, but nobody can assist us also! wat a poor customer service, or because we only pay for RM29.90?

This make me and my colleagues felt very angry and unsatisfied. Although we only paid for Rm29.90, but they dont forget that we are actually those among their potential member in future, coz we actually want have a trial first before subscribe yearly membership. We r not very care about tat RM 29.90, but please la, we not paid tat RM 29.90 to get a bloody services from u, fitness first SUCK!
i am lost, why its called Free 1 month Membership Package when you have to pay RM 29.90..
those trick are really terrible... go bomb their gym rclxm9.gif
just joking
anyway, they have pretty bad marketing skill, no? what u say?
they cheated RM 30 and run already doh.gif
+Quote Post
-Y-
post Nov 7 2008, 09:43 AM

-orega yagami no kenda-

QUOTE(nottikid @ Nov 7 2008, 06:52 AM)
i am lost, why its called Free 1 month Membership Package when you have to pay RM 29.90..
those trick are really terrible... go bomb their gym rclxm9.gif
just joking
anyway, they have pretty bad marketing skill, no? what u say?
they cheated RM 30 and run already  doh.gif
thats cheating.. vmad.gif
+Quote Post
uhuk-uhuk
post Nov 7 2008, 09:57 AM

bulaiyan

facility-wise, true fitness wins big time..
try going to true fitness in taipan/jaya 33 and then try visiting fitness first in the curve.
u'll see...membership fee for true fitness is lower too..

back to the topic, it is not hard to quit a fitness club but the price is hefty.
i joined celebrity fitness in jan, quit at the end of feb. it was a one-year contract which i did not fulfill and for that i was penalized 188.

so, i spent 188+149+149+99 (processing fee)= RM 585
for 2 months. i din pay via credit card so they could not deduct straight from my account.

as for true fitness, if u join on a one-year contract basis, u cannot terminate it until all 12 months are paid off so i guess that that's y, in the case of the TS, they continued to charge her. what they've done should have been mentioned to the TS by the promoter before she joined the club or could be in the papers she signed.

here, it's the fault of the management as they did not explain clearly to the TS as to why they continued charging her.
so, u gotta ask very clearly b4 enrolling in a fitness club.
i've learnt my lesson the hard way.

This post has been edited by uhuk-uhuk: Nov 7 2008, 10:12 AM
+Quote Post
jamis
post Nov 7 2008, 11:56 AM

Sometime just need to LOL.

nowaday's commercial gym are dirty in terms of marketing strategy hope there is someone can open up some gym and beat the sheet out of this stupid commercial gym.
+Quote Post
coolzero
post Nov 7 2008, 01:47 PM

Casual

I think everyone just need to learn to read the T & C properly before sigining any contract will help a lot. Too bad the 7 days cooling off period doesn't not apply to gym service being sold, else it wouldnt have so much issue.
+Quote Post
jamis
post Nov 7 2008, 02:13 PM

T&C? hahahaha

They will find all the way to twist the fact to not to refund or anything. Believe me. I was really aware during the time i join just tat suddenly one day it start to charge me 80bucks more than usual.. ask the management and i start to smell the scent of nut butter.
+Quote Post
AtlasWing
post Nov 12 2008, 08:25 AM

Getting Started

Hi, I know my chances of getting a refund is as good as 0%, but just wanna know what you guys think.

I joined TF in Taipan on 4th Aug 2006, after being sweet talked by a consultant named Ivan. I told him that I was only able to join for a year max as I was going to study overseas. So he got me a "12months commitment, fitness & yoga platinum, valid all clubs, malaysia" package. I paid through autodebit(through my mom's subcard), RM205/month. I used the facilities for about 3 months.

At first I thought I was able to get a job in KL but then things didnt work out and i had to go back to my hometown, ipoh. I made a call, trying to cancel my account, but i was told that i must settle it in the branch. Ok, I went there and i told the person incharged (inside the office), then he told me i couldn't cancel becoz of the contract, then he said he'd help me request for acc freeze. So I went back to wait for his notice.

There wasn't any news after that until the trainer called me up and ask me to schedule the next session, i was shocked. I went back, this time a different officer, did not tell me that my application has been rejected, but by then I've already got my uni offer letter (around August 2007) so i told him to make another application saying that i'd be going to the UK for a year so i'd like the acc temp suspended. He also suggested a membership transfer, but I told him i couldn't find anyone to transfer. After that he said what i can do was to freeze my acc but pay for the full 12 months, then claim back the unused months when i come back from UK. he said he'll call me when its done. Ding dong, no news and I flew over in early September 07.

When i came back in Sep 08, my mom said my autodebit is still running(last paymonth October 2008). I went back and the officer incharged told me that there was only 1 record of my request which is the first one(rejected). I said why wasn't the 2nd one in there, he said he's new and doesn't know bout it. He said that I must have the customer service copy for that request. Then I asked why wasn't i notified regarding the rejection of the first request. He couldn't answer me.

When I told him bout the autodebit continuing after the 12 month period, he said that if you do no terminate your acc, they'll take it that you're continuing your membership.

1)Ok. I was told before that i had to pay for 12 months(the contract) which is the package i asked for, but why does my acc continue into the next year?

2)Why would I wanna continue my acc when I know I wont be in Malaysia at all? Its not like I didn't do anything. I tried to request for freeze and termination.

3)Who's fault is it? Who would be so stupid not to solve the case (if he/she is notified) before going overseas?

4)It is the job of the person incharged to remind people of some rules and regulations (at least tell ppl that they need to fill in that stupid form).

I've ended up paying for a 14months extra through the autodebit. I went there and tried to argue with the person, but he kept pointing at article 2 & 3. So I told him the whole story, request for refund and he said he'll write a memo in their network or something. Same thing, he said he'll keep me updated but its been a month yet no news.

I have never received any emails, phonecalls or mails notifying me about my requests. All I got was about special promotions and training schedules.

We're educated people of all lvls and yet some of us get stucked in these cases, I wonder how will those illiterate ones get treated. I will no longer join a gym like that. I really hope the consumer rights people dig out their tricks or the government to set a stronger law to bind these people so that they cant just avoid their customers.

Arghhh.. = = I'm so angry.
+Quote Post
jamis
post Nov 12 2008, 09:19 AM

QUOTE(AtlasWing @ Nov 12 2008, 08:25 AM)
Hi, I know my chances of getting a refund is as good as 0%, but just wanna know what you guys think.

I joined TF in Taipan on 4th Aug 2006, after being sweet talked by a consultant named Ivan. I told him that I was only able to join for a year max as I was going to study overseas. So he got me a "12months commitment, fitness & yoga platinum, valid all clubs, malaysia" package. I paid through autodebit(through my mom's subcard), RM205/month. I used the facilities for about 3 months.

At first I thought I was able to get a job in KL but then things didnt work out and i had to go back to my hometown, ipoh. I made a call, trying to cancel my account, but i was told that i must settle it in the branch. Ok, I went there and i told the person incharged (inside the office), then he told me i couldn't cancel becoz of the contract, then he said he'd help me request for acc freeze. So I went back to wait for his notice.

There wasn't any news after that until the trainer called me up and ask me to schedule the next session, i was shocked. I went back, this time a different officer, did not tell me that my application has been rejected, but by then I've already got my uni offer letter (around August 2007) so i told him to make another application saying that i'd be going to the UK for a year so i'd like the acc temp suspended. He also suggested a membership transfer, but I told him i couldn't find anyone to transfer. After that he said what i can do was to freeze my acc but pay for the full 12 months, then claim back the unused months when i come back from UK. he said he'll call me when its done. Ding dong, no news and I flew over in early September 07.

When i came back in Sep 08, my mom said my autodebit is still running(last paymonth October 2008). I went back and the officer incharged told me that there was only 1 record of my request which is the first one(rejected). I said why wasn't the 2nd one in there, he said he's new and doesn't know bout it. He said that I must have the customer service copy for that request. Then I asked why wasn't i notified regarding the rejection of the first request. He couldn't answer me.

When I told him bout the autodebit continuing after the 12 month period, he said that if you do no terminate your acc, they'll take it that you're continuing your membership.

1)Ok. I was told before that i had to pay for 12 months(the contract) which is the package i asked for, but why does my acc continue into the next year?     

2)Why would I wanna continue my acc when I know I wont be in Malaysia at all? Its not like I didn't do anything. I tried to request for freeze and termination.

3)Who's fault is it? Who would be so stupid not to solve the case (if he/she is notified) before going overseas?

4)It is the job of the person incharged to remind people of some rules and regulations (at least tell ppl that they need to fill in that stupid form).

I've ended up paying for a 14months extra through the autodebit. I went there and tried to argue with the person, but he kept pointing at article 2 & 3. So I told him the whole story, request for refund and he said he'll write a memo in their network or something. Same thing, he said he'll keep me updated but its been a month yet no news.

I have never received any emails, phonecalls or mails notifying me about my requests. All I got was about special promotions  and training schedules.

We're educated people of all lvls and yet some of us get stucked in these cases, I wonder how will those illiterate ones get treated. I will no longer join a gym like that. I really hope the consumer rights people dig out their tricks or the government to set a stronger law to bind these people so that they cant just avoid their customers.

Thx for sharring buddy, TATS indeed how the management looks like, they will ask for ur money and never keep a Freaking record, very impressive type of commercial con man. BY ALL MEANS, if anyone happen to give TF a try, PLS THINK TWICE.

+Quote Post
nottikid
post Nov 12 2008, 10:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(AtlasWing @ Nov 12 2008, 08:25 AM)

I have never received any emails, phonecalls or mails notifying me about my requests. All I got was about special promotions  and training schedules.

cant u tell your mom to call the bank and cancel any transaction from TF?
anyway... some days those ppl will get their karma back

+Quote Post
sinister
post Nov 12 2008, 12:40 PM

Enthusiast

Juz call d credit card company.. says d card is stolen pay rm50, den dey will give new card number... and all those autodebit is terminated... he he he...
+Quote Post
aicescko
post Nov 12 2008, 01:06 PM

Getting Started

For me .... What I experience before is the consultant called me and says I have one week free trial. They ask me to go to Pavillon to take the free trial. Actually I plan to join as member ... but since I am used to California Club, so I plan to take the free trial before making any decision.

First time I went there, there is an Indian lady explaining everything to me.. telling me the price and so on. But didnt talk about the free trial anymore. And very very rude... describe True Fitness as Ferrari, and California as Kancil... what the hell... so.. end up... nothing...

After a week, another lady named Felicia called me and says why I didnt join as member. So I tell her the same thing again, and again.. she ask me to come and claim for the trial... before I go there, I ady tell her that I am in hurry since I am working at the time, but she drag me for 1 and half hour ... asking me to join as member... no need to try ... cos they have 5 star facilities and that...

I though I ady tell them what I need and the situation very very clear. But.. seems like they dont understand... When I decide to go off without the trial. Then only she ask the manager to come out and give me the trial. But in my heart, I ady have another decision. Even I got the trial, I will also dare not come to this vampire place....

I really so dissapoint with all the consultant there.. Sweet talk.... but suck all ur money....

Since I met two consultant.. both their price given is totally different. No standard price...

I think their commision is super high... until they can dont care about their face and juz drag the customer to hell.

For the summary... True Fitness is very very suck!!! vmad.gif
+Quote Post
nottikid
post Nov 12 2008, 01:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(aicescko @ Nov 12 2008, 01:06 PM)
For me .... What I experience before is the consultant called me and says I have one week free trial. They ask me to go to Pavillon to take the free trial. Actually I plan to join as member ... but since I am used to California Club, so I plan to take the free trial before making any decision.

First time I went there, there is an Indian lady explaining everything to me.. telling me the price and so on. But didnt talk about the free trial anymore. And very very rude... describe True Fitness as Ferrari, and California as Kancil... what the hell... so.. end up... nothing...

After a week, another lady named Felicia called me and says why I didnt join as member. So I tell her the same thing again, and again.. she ask me to come and claim for the trial... before I go there, I ady tell her that I am in hurry since I am working at the time, but she drag me for 1 and half hour ... asking me to join as member... no need to try ... cos they have 5 star facilities and that...

I though I ady tell them what I need and the situation very very clear. But.. seems like they dont understand... When I decide to go off without the trial. Then only she ask the manager to come out and give me the trial. But in my heart, I ady have another decision. Even I got the trial, I will also dare not come to this vampire place....

I really so dissapoint with all the consultant there.. Sweet talk.... but suck all ur money....

Since I met two consultant.. both their price given is totally different. No standard price...

I think their commision is super high... until they can dont care about their face and juz drag the customer to hell.

For the summary... True Fitness is very very suck!!!  vmad.gif
thanks for sharing..
quite confusing tho.. one time they ask u to join for trial.. then they ask u no need trial.. then again they ask u to go for trial when u say that u are not gonna join them
what the hell kind of service is that rclxub.gif
even if u agree to take the trial after the manager come out, i think the same thing will happen again...
they will tell u to go to pavillion to take the free trial, then after u are there, they will talk about price and etc. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
lawrence311
post Nov 15 2008, 03:29 PM

I signed up the membership in True Fitness yesterday, Joining fee: RM 140, Processing Fee: RM 50, Monthly fee: RM 99.00, two years agreement

Its expensive, but i need it, so i jus signed it up

I din give them my credit card details, cos i insisted to pay in cash every month

But yesterday due to the processing fee and joining fee, i have to pay by credit cards as i dun have much cash with me.

I am wondering, if i only swipe my card for particular transaction yesterday, can they just take my card numbers and do monthly direct debit quietly?
+Quote Post
eviljonz
post Nov 15 2008, 09:37 PM

i just quit.. it reaslly sux
+Quote Post
babymina
post Nov 15 2008, 11:57 PM

Casual

Scam man, anyone knows which gym is the best?
+Quote Post
max_cavalera
post Nov 16 2008, 02:59 PM

i do not simply want abundantness ~ i am commited to abundantnes

QUOTE(babymina @ Nov 16 2008, 12:57 AM)
Scam man, anyone knows which gym is the best?
i go to my condo gym facility. FOC. But not really loh, got monthly service chg so i guess they alreadsy counted a bit.
+Quote Post
babymina
post Nov 16 2008, 07:12 PM

Casual

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Nov 16 2008, 02:59 PM)
i go to my condo gym facility. FOC. But not really loh, got monthly service chg so i guess they alreadsy counted a bit.
How can I go hur? hahas biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
-Torrz
post Nov 16 2008, 07:16 PM

◕‿◕

So does it suck? because I am thinking of joining..I'm kinda skinny and I wanna build up muscles...Was thinking of signing up..will help me?
+Quote Post
gurus
post Nov 29 2008, 04:08 PM

1.get up! 2.survive! 3.go back to bed!

QUOTE(darlyn @ Apr 19 2007, 10:53 PM)
before u join the club (true fitness desa hartamas), they will talk so nicely to u persuade u to join. this is the worst club i joined. totally poor management. when i wan to quit.... it is like going thru hell. i have been pushed around to talk to this and that person. with no solution at all.... then asking me to do this and that. after wut i did, like hand a letter stating my reason for termination then no body attain to me. and still keep on charging my credit card until today. isit fair ?? i din even go to that gym anymore but i have to keep on paying for it monthly. and when i notice they keep on charging for about 3 months oredi, i called them up today...n guess wut the girl answered say will call me back. but neva. so i call again and she give me dunno wut stupid excuse. saying she will call back later.... but neva. so it is a pushing around business where no bodi going to entertain you.  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  after that i called again n ask to speck to the manager. the manager seems busy and saying she will call back. n she did...but then still no solution, saying she will check again on this issue and get back to me on sunday. hello... today is only thursday. y need so long~!! this matter has been dragging from february. can u ppl imagine tat. would u be angry if u were me ??  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif DUN EVER JOIN THIS FITNESS CLUB. YOU WILL REGRET~!!!
wow! shakehead.gif i am a harcore fan of gym too, i have been with fitness first for 1 and a half years and currently with celebrity fitness....i even thought of changing to true fitness at taipan but after all u have said....its a no no no for me man....thanks for the info dude! thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
tennis4life
post Nov 29 2008, 05:45 PM

Getting Started

Taipan True Fitness management is WAY BETTER than the one in Hartamas. According to my personal opinion lahh. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Not sure bout others.

BTW. You can get cheaper membership fees at True Fitness Taipan USJ tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif whistling.gif
+Quote Post
ryl
post Nov 29 2008, 08:19 PM

Getting Started

LOL Sounds that true fitness sucks big time
+Quote Post
ladiesfashion
post Nov 29 2008, 09:46 PM

Getting Started

So which fitness are the best? planning to join after CNY~
+Quote Post
gurus
post Dec 3 2008, 04:34 PM

1.get up! 2.survive! 3.go back to bed!

QUOTE(ladiesfashion @ Nov 29 2008, 09:46 PM)
i would recomend celebrity fitness in subang parade biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
elru
post Dec 3 2008, 06:52 PM

Om Mani Padme Hum

QUOTE(ladiesfashion @ Nov 29 2008, 09:46 PM)
i would recommend FF, both branches at ioi mall and the curve are ok. quite satisfy so far.

This post has been edited by elru: Dec 3 2008, 06:52 PM
+Quote Post
jingleBell
post Dec 9 2008, 12:44 AM

haih..

nearly to quarrel with the consultant at True Fitness today. I'm a member from Jaya33 since March 2008. I was told tat i can transfer my membership anytime and they will find replacement for me if i cant find fren or family member to transfer. My contract is 2years paying by credit card.

I told my consultant tat i wan to quit on May, but he ask me to find replacement, i was shocked coz i thought he can get replacement for me. ok fine.. i find my own replacement.

BUT, wat happened today was the consultant said i cant transfer my membership if i find replacement also, i must hv valid reason. Tat means i need document or medical cert to quit. but also not 100% will get approved.

Tat means any how, i need medical cert also. But they r quite stupid, coz quit or transfer to fren, i need to hand out medical cert, then wat for i let my fren to replace me and become another VICTIM.

i tell the consultant tat i wan to see the manager, or give me an email coz i wan to send letter to headquarter complain. but they not dare to give me any contact number and email. just give me their business card (hv the center address and phone number only. trust me, who goin to answer the phone? is the center consultant).

So, i cant settle my problem at last, they keep on passing me from 1 consultant to another. i was so frustrated tat time.

And i hv signed up for the personal trainer bcoz of their sweet talk.. wat i see is... THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!
even a simple question also cant answer.

i asked is it not good to do exercise in air-condition environment, they answer me: u pandai bercakap ya.. coz actuali is not good to exercise under air-conditional..

and another problem is, for a very basic or general command sense, v not suppose to drink cold water after exercise. But wat in true fitness is: all water cooler wit freezing cold water. i'm not expect for hot water, but just warm water like normal temperature.

THE CONCLUSION IS:

1. THE CONSULTANT IS NOT PROFESSIONAL, KNOW HOW TO CHEAT CONSUMER ONLY

2.THE PERSONAL TRAINER IS NOT PROFESSIONAL ALSO,
WANT COMMISSION ONLY, WAN US TO PAY FOR RM100++ TO SIGN UP FOR 1 HOUR PROGRAMME. of course they wont ask u to sign up for 1 hr only, THEY ASK U TO SIGN UP 12 HRS OR 24 HRS. U CALCULATE HOW MUCH THEY EARN!

3.THE CLUB IS NOT PROFESSIONAL, DUE TO THE FACILITY (1 OF THE EXAMPLE IS WATER COOLER)

4.ALSO THE CLUB IS NOT PROFESSIONAL , BECAUSE DONT FORGET THEIR CONSULTANT AND PERSONAL TRAINER REPRESENT THEIR CLUB, WAT THE STAFF SAY AND TALK REPRESENT THE CLUB IMAGE AND VIEW. UR CONSULTANT CHEAT TAT MEANS TRUE FITNESS CHEAT, the bos in SINGAPORE take noteS!!!

FINALLY,

i'm goin to tell the MEDIA PEOPLE about this issue, and ask for LEGAL consultant too!!
coz my sister is a media person and my husband is a lawyer..

Thanks.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Added: Anyone support me to do tat?

This post has been edited by jingleBell: Dec 9 2008, 02:33 AM
+Quote Post
morph
post Dec 9 2008, 04:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jingleBell @ Dec 9 2008, 12:44 AM)
haih..

nearly to quarrel with the consultant at True Fitness today. I'm a member from Jaya33 since March 2008. I was told tat i can transfer my membership anytime and they will find replacement for me if i cant find fren or family member to transfer. My contract is 2years paying by credit card.

I told my consultant tat i wan to quit on May, but he ask me to find replacement, i was shocked coz i thought he can get replacement for me. ok fine.. i find my own replacement.

BUT, wat happened today was the consultant said i cant transfer my membership if i find replacement also, i must hv valid reason. Tat means i need document or medical cert to quit. but also not 100% will get approved.

Tat means any how, i need medical cert also. But they r quite stupid, coz quit or transfer to fren, i need to hand out medical cert, then wat for i let my fren to replace me and become another VICTIM.

i tell the consultant tat i wan to see the manager, or give me an email coz i wan to send letter to headquarter complain. but they not dare to give me any contact number and email. just give me their business card (hv the center address and phone number only. trust me, who goin to answer the phone? is the center consultant).

So, i cant settle my problem at last, they keep on passing me from 1 consultant to another. i was so frustrated tat time.

And i hv signed up for the personal trainer bcoz of their sweet talk.. wat i see is... THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!

i asked is it not good to do exercise in air-condition environment, they answer me: u pandai bercakap ya.. coz actuali is not good to exercise under air-conditional..

and another problem is, for a very basic or general command sense, v not suppose to drink cold water after exercise. But wat in true fitness is: all water cooler wit freezing cold water. i'm not expect for hot water, but just warm water like normal temperature.
THE CONCLUSION IS:

WANT COMMISSION ONLY, WAN US TO PAY FOR RM100++ TO SIGN UP FOR 1 HOUR PROGRAMME. of course they wont ask u to sign up for 1 hr only, THEY ASK U TO SIGN UP 12 HRS OR 24 HRS. U CALCULATE HOW MUCH THEY EARN!

3.THE CLUB IS NOT PROFESSIONAL, DUE TO THE FACILITY (1 OF THE EXAMPLE IS WATER COOLER)

4.ALSO THE CLUB IS NOT PROFESSIONAL , BECAUSE DONT FORGET THEIR CONSULTANT AND PERSONAL TRAINER REPRESENT THEIR CLUB, WAT THE STAFF SAY AND TALK REPRESENT THE CLUB IMAGE AND VIEW. UR CONSULTANT CHEAT TAT MEANS TRUE FITNESS CHEAT, the bos in SINGAPORE take noteS!!!

FINALLY,

i'm goin to tell the MEDIA PEOPLE about this issue, and ask for LEGAL consultant too!!

I would like to highlight issue 2 and 3 here.

2. Yes, they charge you RM100++, but out of that, they earn less than 40%. And they are pressured by upper management to meet the appointments quota daily, which is 6 appointments. But then, when it comes to earning money, who doesn't want right?

But again, i understand how you feel getting a trainer as you've mentioned. Indeed your trainer isn't professional enough to deal with such question.

3. According to American College of Sports Medicine, Drinking cold water actually speeds absorption and rehydrate faster. But again, listen to your body. Cold water might not be suitable for everyone.

I do support you to bring this issue to the media and make this a legal issue. Teach them a lesson smile.gif
I believe other fitness centre are behaving in such manner as well.
+Quote Post
mjjj
post Dec 9 2008, 05:08 AM

Casual

anyone can give some feedbacks on TF pavilion?
was thinking for california by first but the consultant at standard charted california i think her name is Beatrice dunno how to spell and something like tat..i was supposingly to get 1 month member after i brought the one month token from some salesman but she denied my entry luckily i get another 1 month free pass by the california GM ken i think but hell he is getting really annoying asking me to join every 2 days and leaving me voicemail
was also thinking of FF since some positive feedbacks been given but the location wasnt so convenient to me
so i would just wanna know about the TF at pavilion whether its good or bad
if bad i would consider other clubs again..hahahha maybe even cheapo gym nearby which i need to pay rm30 to use the gym facilities but without any tower given but wat i pay is wat i get
+Quote Post
thebassist
post Dec 9 2008, 09:02 AM

Getting Started

True Fitness is the place everybody goes to check out the girls XD

It's not for the facilities, it's not for the programs. The one in hartamas is frequented by the GIS kids and so everybody wants a piece of the view x)

Fact!
+Quote Post
jamis
post Dec 9 2008, 10:11 AM

thebasis, tats just part of it, most importantly still the equipment, check out the Fitness First in the curve, definately it wont be in my list of consideration. All this expensive gym has chicks no matter wat (those r like join for more attention or join for the sake of telling their so call "urban" fren that they joined a gym and workout wif bla bla bla class and do those bla bla bla dance).

But if ur main purpose is only for chics, join yoga, those yoga centre are cheaper. brows.gif
+Quote Post
wallpaper89
post Dec 9 2008, 10:46 AM

On my way

QUOTE(morph @ Dec 9 2008, 04:10 AM)
I would like to highlight issue 2 and 3 here.

2. Yes, they charge you RM100++, but out of that, they earn less than 40%. And they are pressured by upper management to meet the appointments quota daily, which is 6 appointments. But then, when it comes to earning money, who doesn't want right?

But again, i understand how you feel getting a trainer as you've mentioned. Indeed your trainer isn't professional enough to deal with such question.

3. According to American College of Sports Medicine, Drinking cold water actually speeds absorption and rehydrate faster. But again, listen to your body. Cold water might not be suitable for everyone.

I do support you to bring this issue to the media and make this a legal issue. Teach them a lesson smile.gif
I believe other fitness centre are behaving in such manner as well.
for my case, you are right.

i'm in myfitness for 6 months already. as far as i can tell, the trainers all seem kinda... unfit to me lol, with the exception of one or two guys. the only female trainer there is really hot though thumbup.gif however from a professionalism kind of view i believe they are under-qualified. i've talked with them a few times and this is what i can derive: they speak with a tinge of false confidence. and they can be very annoying because everytime you strike a conversation with them, the topic will eventually lead to the PT insulting and/or undermining you indirectly AND directly, with the goal of pressuring you to sign up for their training.

i once asked the trainer, during exercise when we exert our muscles do we breathe in or breathe out? he said, when exerting muscles we are supposed to breathe in, which i believe is wrong. darklight made a post in response to my enquiry in his thread, stating that we should breathe out during muscle exertion and vice versa.

also, the PTs are very inconsistent. the hot chick trainer i mentioned earlier, and the PT who taught me the wrong breathing technique, they both make contradicting statements in response to my queries for exercise postures and form, and breathing techniques.

however, they provide all the equipments i need, and i didn't sign up for PT sessions so, no losses on my part i guess.

sorry for going kinda offtopic though smile.gif
+Quote Post
morph
post Dec 13 2008, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(wallpaper89 @ Dec 9 2008, 10:46 AM)
for my case, you are right.

i'm in myfitness for 6 months already. as far as i can tell, the trainers all seem kinda... unfit to me lol, with the exception of one or two guys. the only female trainer there is really hot though  thumbup.gif however from a professionalism kind of view i believe they are under-qualified. i've talked with them a few times and this is what i can derive: they speak with a tinge of false confidence. and they can be very annoying because everytime you strike a conversation with them, the topic will eventually lead to the PT insulting and/or undermining you indirectly AND directly, with the goal of pressuring you to sign up for their training.

i once asked the trainer, during exercise when we exert our muscles do we breathe in or breathe out? he said, when exerting muscles we are supposed to breathe in, which i believe is wrong. darklight made a post in response to my enquiry in his thread, stating that we should breathe out during muscle exertion and vice versa.

also, the PTs are very inconsistent. the hot chick trainer i mentioned earlier, and the PT who taught me the wrong breathing technique, they both make contradicting statements in response to my queries for exercise postures and form, and breathing techniques.

however, they provide all the equipments i need, and i didn't sign up for PT sessions so, no losses on my part i guess.

sorry for going kinda offtopic though  smile.gif
On the pressuring part, could come from the upper management, teaching the trainers what to say etc to scare the shit out of people/making them feel bad, and then close a deal.

Perhaps you should ask the trainer, what's the science behind breathing in while exerting? LOL!

I once read an article from a top trainer in the states, can't remember where, i'll try to dig out if I can, says that breathing should be natural.
Meaning not focusing on breathing out when exerting & vice versa. But breathing method that makes you comfortable as you perform you training. Most importantly, don't hold your breath.

Although a lot of lousy trainers around, but there are a few good ones.
+Quote Post
papupi_dumbo
post Dec 17 2008, 11:37 AM

ya.. True Fitness sucks..

My friend and myself signed up as member in December 2007 and that CONsultant has offered the below membership package terms:-

1. RM160 x 12 months = RM1920, which amounts to RM 2016 (inclusive GST)
2. Additional six (6) months membership that ultimately extends the membership to a total of 18 months.

Soon after signing up, this is when our perception for True Fitness service standards gradually to goes down the drain. After COUNTLESS follow-ups from December 2007, only some time in Oct 2008 that we received our starter kit!

And now, in November 2008, my friend received a call from another representative that our memberships are near expiry. This is nonsense!!! Therefore we seek clarification and approach True Fitness service counter staff on the following weekend. To our dismay, it is confirmed that our membership is expiring at Dec 2008.
This matter is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! We felt cheated and conned! vmad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

i also tell the consultant tat i wan to see the manager, or give me an email coz i wan to send letter to headquarter complain. but keep telling me that they dont know their manager's contact number and email address.. $%^#^$%^#$%^ . just give me their business card (hv the center address and phone number only. trust me, who goin to answer the phone? is the center consultant). mad.gif

i've decided to forward a complaint to the Malaysia Consumers' Rights Department and the BNM Complaint Bureau.
btw, who have their CEO's email address? so that I can CC to him as well.. wink.gif
+Quote Post
jamis
post Dec 17 2008, 11:45 AM

I really suspect there is sumthing fishy with this gym, either their system having issue or they purposely do it this way to get their money out from us. It is totally rediculous.
+Quote Post
andyfriends
post Dec 17 2008, 10:03 PM

Regular

Having seen the article, i of course, would support you. But u have to bkful when u get ur sister to report it. One may sue u for defamation, although that was the facts, but if is totally not worth it to have to be ended up paying legal fees. They may have a weak case, but they may stil try to commence legal proceedings against you. Is not worth to fight with them, legal fees to them is nothing, but to us, is a great fortune. Think twice.

Abt the legal advice, i believe we all would be love to hear how to go about it.

Do open a new post instead of posting it here, i believ ppl from other centres would also love to know the solution.

cheers.
+Quote Post
uhuk-uhuk
post Dec 17 2008, 10:32 PM

bulaiyan

alamak i'm at true fitness jaya33.
okay here's what i think about TF Jaya 33

facility-wise, 8.5/10 (good set of machines especially the cardio ones)

air-cond, 5/10 (so many air conds here and there that i find it hard to sweat even when jogging)

PT's attitude, 5/10 (some good, some bad so it's a 5 out of 10)

bathroom, 6/10 (still under renovation)

hot chicks, 0/10 (i go in the afternoon when the gym's empty lol)

hot guys (i'm not gay)

water cooler service, 6/10 (not because the water's cold but because occasionally i see phlegm here and there)

PT's pro-ness, 6/10 (a few of them seem unfit)

attitude of consultant, 2/10 (only the one who attended to me seems friendly-the others don't even bother smiling)

attitude of receptionist, 10/10 (excellent. they greet you when you come and leave-and they're always smiling)

+Quote Post
RheyLin
post Dec 19 2008, 01:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(uhuk-uhuk @ Dec 17 2008, 10:32 PM)
water cooler service, 6/10 (not because the water's cold but because occasionally i see phlegm here and there)

How gross!!!

If say I only join for 1 club, is TF membership charges different for each club? All the facilities in each club are the same right?
+Quote Post
goldfries
post Dec 19 2008, 01:55 PM

my boss is from kelantan!
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

what? it's that all you can complain about the bathrooms!?!??! sweat.gif tongue.gif

air-cond, 5/10 (so many air conds here and there that i find it hard to sweat even when jogging)
gila cold. just run fast and you'll sweat in no time.

you go wrong time. but depends on what day la, afternoon still can see some wan la.

saw it just yesterday. first time seeing it after so long.

not their problem la, i blame it on nonsense users.
+Quote Post
tennis4life
post Dec 19 2008, 03:30 PM

Getting Started

alamak i'm at true fitness jaya33.
okay here's what i think about TF Jaya 33

facility-wise, 8.5/10 (good set of machines especially the cardio ones)

PT's attitude, 5/10 (some good, some bad so it's a 5 out of 10)

hot guys (i'm not gay)

PT's pro-ness, 6/10 (a few of them seem unfit)

attitude of consultant, 2/10 (only the one who attended to me seems friendly-the others don't even bother smiling)

attitude of receptionist, 10/10 (excellent. they greet you when you come and leave-and they're always smiling)

If the aircond is cold then go and jog outside. 100% confirmed you sweat like hell. biggrin.gif Or maybe your pace is slow on the treadmill. I sweat everytime even before I step onto the treadmill. LOL wink.gif

Hot chicks? Go wrong time, Afternoon very few people in the gym. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jamis
post Dec 19 2008, 03:41 PM

oh man.... i would rather choose no hot chicks than when the gym is packing up with ppl and those stupid gals dancing here and there.
+Quote Post
cwm
post Dec 22 2008, 11:38 AM

LOL! you all real dumbasses.....sign up & dun read terms of contract then go rant & rave or whine or cry cry....Why sign up when you gonna quit after few months? For shallow reasons like checking out chicks? Real morons
+Quote Post
ExpZero
post Dec 22 2008, 12:09 PM

Regular

QUOTE(jamis @ Dec 19 2008, 03:41 PM)
oh man.... i would rather choose no hot chicks than when the gym is packing up with ppl and those stupid gals dancing here and there.
We need some real chicks for motivation sometimes laugh.gif
+Quote Post
tanling26
post Dec 22 2008, 03:33 PM

Casual

u make the polis report and bring the paper to them. tell them if not solve in 1 week, u will bring the lawyer.. sure they do something..my friend did that b4.
+Quote Post
jamis
post Dec 22 2008, 04:32 PM

QUOTE(cwm @ Dec 22 2008, 11:38 AM)
LOL! you all real dumbasses.....sign up & dun read terms of contract then go rant & rave or whine or cry cry....Why sign up when you gonna quit after few months? For shallow reasons like checking out chicks? Real morons
Smart S, if the terms and condition going to help, we wont need a thread to complaint about. What if suddenly one day, ur company just give u rm100 less for ur salary and u make a complaint then ur boss u say, "U dumbass never read the company's contract before u sign up for the confirmation" SO yeah u will say, the contract never say? So wat r u whinning about? moron.

QUOTE(ExpZero @ Dec 22 2008, 12:09 PM)
We need some real chicks for motivation sometimes laugh.gif
hehe, but tat sometimes makes me rest for too long lol.

This post has been edited by jamis: Dec 22 2008, 04:33 PM
+Quote Post
mayday82
post Dec 22 2008, 05:25 PM

i dun like it the first moment i step into the fitness center.
prefer california muhc much more
+Quote Post
angry chick
post Dec 28 2008, 01:12 PM

haih..

THE CONCLUSION IS:

FINALLY,

I support you. I have a very similar experience where the customer service in Jaya 33 people do NOT return my calls despite me leaving messages for them to call me back almost everyday.

I escalated to their Customer Service Manager, Ms Umah, and she called me back once to listen to my issue, and said she will call me back to let me know the status. It has been one month now, and 5 messages and 5 emails to her later, she has still not contacted me. Every time I call to speak to her, they won't put her on the phone to me, saying she's on the line or busy with a customer (a new paying sucker, no doubt).

All I want to do is suspend my account because I am pregnant! According to their damn T&C, I am entitled to 12 months suspension once I get a doctor's letter confirming I am pregnant. I faxed them all the things they wanted, and still, no reply from them on the status of my suspension.

The last admin person I called yesterday tried to help and told me my membership was only suspended for 1 month, NOT the 12 months I am ENTITLED to. So, to all those ex consultants from TF who lecture us about reading the T&C properly before signing, please do not blame the poor customers who are victims. Your club doesn't even FULFIL their contractual agreement to us, within the T&C.

Also, I had asked them to suspend my husband's membership as well, since we joined under a Married Couple's Membership, as stated by the MC. I have been sick with all day sickness throughout my pregnancy, to the point where I can't work or drive. My poor husband has to take care of me, AND has a full time job. He has no time to go to the gym. So for all these reasons, I asked if they could also suspend his membership till after I give birth.

They start quoting the rubbish T&C, saying only the sick person is entitled. I said, if I had a dependent who is dying from cancer and I had to take care of him/her, ARE YOU SAYING I CAN'T SUSPEND MY MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE I'M not dying of cancer?!?!? Unfortunately, none of the admin people can help, and they said they will get the MANAGER Umah to call me back. Again, she did not. ALL I wanted is for someone to call me back and update me on the status, because every month that passes is money WASTED!!!

I want to take this to consumer association, and the media. If you're going to do it, I'd like to join you.

From the complaints I've read here, TF is running a worse scheme than the pyramid, MLM or nigerian email scams. Once they have your money, they provide zero customer service. It's disgusting.

The thing is, I LIKE TF Jaya 33. IWe've recommended this to all our friends, and 5 people have joined because of us already!! I love the facilities, the classes, the cleanliness and most of the staff are friendly. It's only when you have a problem that they don't give a crap about you anymore. It really makes me sad that my happiness with TF is ruined by lousy CS. I wouldn't renew my membership anymore unless they solve my problem NOW and get staff with a better after-sales service attitude.

Added on December 28, 2008, 1:20 pm
QUOTE(papupi_dumbo @ Dec 17 2008, 11:37 AM)
ya.. True Fitness sucks..

My friend and myself signed up as member in December 2007 and that CONsultant has offered the below membership package terms:-

1. RM160 x 12 months = RM1920, which amounts to RM 2016 (inclusive GST)
2. Additional six (6) months membership that ultimately extends the membership to a total of 18 months.

Soon after signing up, this is when our perception for True Fitness service standards gradually to goes down the drain. After COUNTLESS follow-ups from December 2007, only some time in Oct 2008 that we received our starter kit!

And now, in November 2008, my friend received a call from another representative that our memberships are near expiry. This is nonsense!!! Therefore we seek clarification and approach True Fitness service counter staff on the following weekend. To our dismay, it is confirmed that our membership is expiring at Dec 2008.
This matter is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! We felt cheated and conned!  vmad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

i also tell the consultant tat i wan to see the manager, or give me an email coz i wan to send letter to headquarter complain. but keep telling me that they dont know their manager's contact number and email address.. $%^#^$%^#$%^ . just give me their business card (hv the center address and phone number only. trust me, who goin to answer the phone? is the center consultant).  mad.gif
i've decided to forward a complaint to the Malaysia Consumers' Rights Department and the BNM Complaint Bureau.
btw, who have their CEO's email address? so that I can CC to him as well..  wink.gif
Same here, I'm having major issues with TF and I asked for the HQ phone number and name of the GM or cust service head, and they said they are not authorised to give that out. I said it is my legal right to get that information because they are not resolving my issue here. But none of them would provide it, nor would they put me on the phone with a supervisor because they are all "busy" with other people. What a cop out.

I know the founder's name is Patrick Wee, but he's probably in Spore. I also want the email address of someone in top management, but this is the FIRST company I've dealt with that won't even supply that information, which is a violation of our consumer rights. Every other company will provide that info, and my issues will be resolved.

I would like to contact the MSia Consumer Rights Dept as well. Is there such a place? How do I get in touch? I want to join you. This is the only place I found but I don't know if they can take any action for us :

http://www.fomca.org.my/english/page.php?pageid=307

This post has been edited by angry chick: Dec 28 2008, 01:20 PM
+Quote Post
kenken
post Dec 29 2008, 06:08 PM

Getting Started

LOL luckily i stumbled upon this page. some girl from TRUE FITNESS jaya33 named sam/shien/sien called me and invited me for some VIP membership. she wanted me to visit the gym tonight or latest tomorrow morning like wth sweat.gif . ahh i guess she was in a hurry to con more people hmm.gif furthurmore she wanted me to bring along some friends with me. after reading all your terrible posts doh.gif
+Quote Post
castelloz
post Dec 29 2008, 06:16 PM

Getting Started

Thats why, dont join these kind of gyms, fitness centre, celebrity fitness, true fitness. All f*ckesr. They always wants to cheat customers. That is their main policy. Like myself I just go to getho gym only. Just pay rm99 and u can come everyday. If u wanna leave on d spot, just leave. No T&C applies.
+Quote Post
jamis
post Dec 29 2008, 06:28 PM

QUOTE(castelloz @ Dec 29 2008, 06:16 PM)
Thats why, dont join these kind of gyms, fitness centre, celebrity fitness, true fitness. All f*ckesr. They always wants to cheat customers. That is their main policy. Like myself I just go to getho gym only. Just pay rm99 and u can come everyday. If u wanna leave on d spot, just leave. No T&C applies.
Tats an awesome choice, if there is one ard my area, true fitness would never be my choice.
+Quote Post
hazelnet
post Dec 29 2008, 06:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jamis @ Dec 29 2008, 06:28 PM)
Tats an awesome choice, if there is one ard my area, true fitness would never be my choice.
shakehead.gif Damn I really hate TF so much! Gonna pray hard that there's someone there who can just open another cheap and convenience gym and beat that TF vmad.gif Tipu my money and pay extra for no reason!!
+Quote Post
goldfries
post Dec 30 2008, 01:10 AM

my boss is from kelantan!
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

just go for the classes and facilities. i couldn't be bothered about their staff, really.

and the air-cond damn cold la. exercise also tak shiok.
+Quote Post
angry chick
post Dec 31 2008, 09:31 AM

I would suggest that you don't join any of the "international" chain type gyms. They all work the same way, though I must say True Fitness seems to be the worst among them.

Throughout my issue with them (which is still not resolved), they have MC's calling me every 2 days to come for FREE trial of their bloody True Spa and SMSes to sign up for lifetime membership etc ... I got fed up and told them that the next call better be from your Cust Serv Mgr, who still has not bothered to call me back in 1 month.

Don't even resolve my issue and want me to add more money into their damned bank?!? If this is how all Singporean companies work, I'm glad I don't live in Singapore. vmad.gif
+Quote Post
apple_ylc
post Dec 31 2008, 05:22 PM

i am thinking of joining true fitness in pavillion^^
any 1 wanna tell me how good it is? n how teruk it was...
cant deny the consultant is so fann
call n call n call^^
haha...
+Quote Post
inez
post Jan 1 2009, 09:56 PM

Getting Started

har??thinking to join true fitness..
better choose other,hehe...javascript:emoticon(':P')
smilie
+Quote Post
paul12
post Jan 5 2009, 12:01 AM

Well, I am one of the victims of True Fitness and I terminated my membership after 7 months due to poor customer services. But then again, you can't blame the fitness centres, after all they are doing business and staff there are just salary takers.

The best thing is to join a fitness centre with minimal commitment period...i.e 1-year contract. Then use credit card to debit monthly and not the whole fees. If you feel that they have not given you the service as stated in the contract, you can proceed to report the matter to the Kementrian Hal Ehwal Pengguna. They will look into the matter and help write you off the contract.

Frankly, many of my friends are fitness club members and so far the highest complaints are from True Fitness while no complaints for California Fitness and Celebrity Fitness.
+Quote Post
danny_ptlm
post Jan 6 2009, 12:33 AM

!@#$%^&*()_+

they always call me to go for free trial session..piss off edy
+Quote Post
papupi_dumbo
post Jan 7 2009, 04:10 PM

this was email replied from the Assitant Manager from Subang :

I would like to inform you I am unable to get the approval of months FOC to you since you can’t show us the prove document which mentioned about those what you mentioned to me.

What I able to do is the option which I offered you when you come to me few days ago.

I am very sorry to you.

Best Regards,
Steven
Asst. Operation Manager
True Fitness
No 1-8 Jalan USJ 10/1 H
47620 UEP Subang Jaya
Selango

then, I've replied as below :

Hi Steven,

I am really disappointed by the decision provided. Furthermore, you had yet again FAILED to c.c. a copy of this decision to your superior as proof that the matter had been discussed and concurred upon.

Currently, I am very disturbed and annoyed by all this haggling and waiting.

I truly believe that I, as a customer of True Yoga Sdn Bhd have the rights to file in my appeal DIRECTLY to your CEO or whoever in a higher Management level.

Please take note that if I DO NOT receive an official response from your superior/CEO by Friday, 10th Jan 2009, I will lodge a police report on the fraudulent act by your company and forward the same to the Consumer Compliant Tribunal for their action.

+Quote Post
sascha
post Jan 8 2009, 04:46 PM

mmm..wTh..after i already paid RM50 for processing fee..and today
i found dis thread.. cry.gif
yesterday i didnt bring along my credit card so they ask me to pay
RM50 for dat PF..so dat i can enjoy the special promotion after i finish
the rest amount dat i should pay as a new member..
any suggestion..should i cont. or not..n how could i get the RM50 dat
i already pay?

and 1 more thing..why cant they accept cash instead of credit card?
+Quote Post
jamis
post Jan 8 2009, 04:51 PM

QUOTE(sascha @ Jan 8 2009, 04:46 PM)
i already pay?

Therefore they can auto debit without any consideration from the account beholder.
+Quote Post
uhuk-uhuk
post Jan 8 2009, 05:41 PM

bulaiyan

QUOTE(sascha @ Jan 8 2009, 04:46 PM)
i already pay?

so that u are not able to breach the contract (4 months, 1 year etc)
they have your credit card number and can just take the money from your account if u don't settle payment by cash when the time comes
+Quote Post
ApocalypX
post Jan 9 2009, 12:45 AM

same like me..

guys need ur opinions..

i just found this thread after pay RM50 deposit this afternoon.
but i dont have CC and the agent want me come back next monday to confirm the plan and subscribed CC thru them.

Actually in my cases he offered 1 year contract RM 165monthly + RM0 joining fees + Rm50 processing fees. i said i cant made decision today but they try push me. the problem is i already sign the contract letter and just give RM50 from my pocket as a deposit because the agent said i cant break the contract if wont joining them & RM50 deposit consider 'hangus'

the prob is what i know the transaction payment are using CC so in my case i dont have CC & still not choose any plan till next monday(wheter choose 1 year @ 2 year @ not interested join)

so can i just dunno and not go for confirmation on next monday?
i dont mind my RM50 than i pay RM165 for 1 year + scam + other issues.

**waaa so konpius and so regret but i thinks it still not finalize...
+Quote Post
uhuk-uhuk
post Jan 9 2009, 01:43 AM

bulaiyan

if u have already signed the contract with them, i don't think that they will let u go that easily.

the promoter could choose to forget about it and move on to the next customer but would the company allow that?

they could sue u for breach of contract and then the courts could order for specific performance (which means that the contract would go on as stated in the contract papers). so, in the end, you would still need to fulfill your contract and pay RM 165 per month.

that is the worst-case scenario la. maybe the company would choose to forget too smile.gif

This post has been edited by uhuk-uhuk: Jan 9 2009, 01:44 AM
+Quote Post
ApocalypX
post Jan 9 2009, 09:51 AM

its fu** bisnes like that.

anyway so how should i pay RM165 monthly without CC coz what i notice all payment made using CC.
at the first i suggest want pay cash but the agent said CANT because management just allow all payment using CC.
that why the agent want me come again next monday to select the plan whether 1 year or 2 year then subscribed CC thru them.

so should i need talking nicely to them that i wont join or jst keep silence/ignore n wont to meet them on next monday.

Hopefully God help me even i they already get my sign..aduuuuuusssssss...
+Quote Post
uhuk-uhuk
post Jan 9 2009, 12:04 PM

bulaiyan

since the term of the contract is not fixed, u might as well go for 4 months (if you're that afraid that some s**t might happen to you).

i'm on a 4-month deal. it's RM 210 per month and hey, true fitness is okay la just as long as u complete your contract and dont be late when making payments.

i dont really bother much about how the PTs behave because im there to workout not socialize with the PTs and staff haha
+Quote Post
confused-freaker
post Jan 9 2009, 02:36 PM

On my way

just go there and see what you have signed, maybe an excuse to read the terms and conditions carefully again, then... quickly take the paper and tear it apart lol, don't bother about the rm50...much worth it than paying rm165 per month

once the signed paper is torn, no more contract i suppose? void contract lol
+Quote Post
la bella
post Jan 9 2009, 03:53 PM

On my way

QUOTE(confused-freaker @ Jan 9 2009, 02:36 PM)
just go there and see what you have signed, maybe an excuse to read the terms and conditions carefully again, then... quickly take the paper and tear it apart lol, don't bother about the rm50...much worth it than paying rm165 per month

once the signed paper is torn, no more contract i suppose? void contract lol
I LOL reading the bold sentence.. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
darkdevilrey
post Jan 9 2009, 04:41 PM

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

it might be the duplicate copy le...

lolz
+Quote Post
jimmyay
post Jan 10 2009, 01:11 AM

Getting Started

I found this in a complain against True Fitness.

http://nccc.org.my/index.php?option=com_co...id=633&Itemid=1

Pengguna juga boleh memfailkan tuntutan di Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna bagi membatalkan perjanjian yang ditandatangani. Dibawah S112 Akta Perlingungan Pengguna, Tribunal mempunyai kuasa untuk membatalkan kontrak yang ditandatangani diantara pengguna dan syarikat.

Maybe someone can teach them a lesson.
+Quote Post
devil_x
post Jan 10 2009, 01:23 AM

Casual

thats y have to read the contract. i once had a bad experience. when they charge u, they will never wan to refund the wrongly charged money. they will just give u some other deals or "benefit", as long as they dont need refund. and when u try to ask them to write a written + signed agreement on what they verbally said, they will make excuse dun wan to sign it, in my friend's case, they purposely say its a "customer service" matter and may take few days to do. we was like "wth" that time.

the gym facilities is ok. its the consultants that are realy un-ethical
+Quote Post
angry chick
post Jan 13 2009, 10:44 PM

QUOTE(devil_x @ Jan 10 2009, 01:23 AM)
thats y have to read the contract. i once had a bad experience. when they charge u, they will never wan to refund the wrongly charged money. they will just give u some other deals or "benefit", as long as they dont need refund. and when u try to ask them to write a written + signed agreement on what they verbally said, they will make excuse dun wan to sign it, in my friend's case, they purposely say its a "customer service" matter and may take few days to do. we was like "wth" that time.

the gym facilities is ok. its the consultants that are realy un-ethical
Agreed. I like the facilities. It's the management and people that suck.

Our MC said if we needed to suspend our membership at anytime, for whatever reason, all we need is to write a letter to them. No need MC or all that rubbish supporting documents. When we read thru the T&C, it stated specifically that suspension was for medical reasons only.

My husband pointed that out, and said this isn't what he told us. But he was desperate to close the sale I think, and he waved it off, saying it was just a formality and we just had to write a letter and it would be ok for any reason. We wanted him to write that on the contract and sign it, but he said no need.

Now, a year later, they are refusing to allow us a suspension without a medical note or something from our company HR. Our reason was that my husband had to take care of me, as I am not well.

They refused, as they said my husband is not sick. WTF??

So I asked, if we had a dependant who has terminal cancer, and we had to care for them, they would also NOT give us suspension because it's our dependant who has cancer, and NOT US ?!?!? They said yes, suspension would only go to the person with cancer.

This really makes me sick, because all these instructions are coming from their top management. I've spoken to their operations people, and they are powerless to do anything because their top mgmt is refusing to be considerate.

This club really does not give a crap about it's customers.

Case in point, they don't even have a customer service department. There is NO SUCH THING. All they have is 2 operations people in the outlet (and 50 million salespeople who won't stop calling me to try their TRUE SPA) - and these operations people have no choice but to take the complaints because no one else WILL.

Take your money elsewhere. Do NOT give it to True Fitness as they are in the business of misleading and screwing over their customers. They will do all they can to keep your money, and squeeze all they can from you - with no concern to their long-term business.

If this is Singaporean business ethics, I'm glad I don't work in Singapore.
+Quote Post
JML
post Jan 13 2009, 11:45 PM

Getting Started

for me case i was member in Taipan, din know how long i'd stay in kl area. thats why signed one year intially, after a year, still continue for few months, until recently i decided to quit. just go over the counter to ask for termination. within few minutes gao dim, the lady who served still gave me one free month membership until december. probably cuz i was paying high monthly charges for the past 20 months. compensate me 'sui yu' a bit...
+Quote Post
rewlie
post Jan 14 2009, 12:08 AM

Getting Started

I read along thru this forum, neither I support TF, nor that I work with them, but in business, contract and money always win, ppl tend to forget contract but always have passion in money.. so read the contract before start to blame others.
+Quote Post
gfunk11
post Jan 14 2009, 01:16 PM

Getting Started

Agree with rewlie... I just joined TF and it's all up to you in the 1st Place. REMEMBER... these are Membership Consultants/SALES PPL... they work on commission... they can promise the sun, moon, everything else along the way, but what really matters is what's on the contracts you put your John Hancock on!

I'm not here to sound off on anyone for that matter, but we as adults should know that contracts are legally bound and promises over the contracts not written into it is just CRAP!!! We buy Hire Purchase for House/Car, etc. But don't see much complain there.

All i'm trying to say it, confirm everything before you want to join, don't fall for their tactics and be strong! After all, you're the one that's paying through your nose and customer has 1st right of refusal. They may pressure you, but why give in to that??? IT'S YOUR MONEY!!! NOT THEIRS!!!

May this serve as a precaution to those that intend to join. Do your homework and go into negotiations with the MC with a gameplan and strategy and know when to walk out. Who cares if they say last day, or best promotion, cut hand die lor, never get this price any where else. SET A BUDGET, STICK TO IT and KNOW WHAT's best for you. You'll be fine...

Sorry for the long write-up. Just want everyone out there to be more careful on these things. If there are stuff that they promise, write-it into the contracts and have them and you sign off on it. Kind of like an addendum. It worked for me, I had some stuff on the contract omitted or amended and it's all good.
+Quote Post
jamis
post Jan 14 2009, 01:29 PM

Again, not because of the contract and stuff like tat, is their internal maangement is screw up.

For my case, an extra charges, i ask them they pula told me i have join personal trainer la and all sort of crap that they owas have in their head. In the end, they delay my stuff almost a year now, still have give me any f answer.
+Quote Post
gfunk11
post Jan 14 2009, 02:14 PM

Getting Started

Feel for you bro... these sort of things are screwed-up... really is a pain in the a$$... hang in there... and best thing for you to do is put-up a case in tribunal...
+Quote Post
jamis
post Jan 14 2009, 03:01 PM

guess i have to do tat thou. I wonder if the management are better, tat gym will be awesome.
+Quote Post
papupi_dumbo
post Feb 11 2009, 05:12 PM

After few times of complaint, True Fitness still not allowed us to approach their management directly, so I decided fill my complaint to Malaysia Consumers' Rights. Department. rclxms.gif

I sent my letter to True Fitness and c.c Consumer Affairs department, and this time they replied and finally c.c to their (so call) regional manager - Ms Lam about our problem. True fitness has provide us a "generous" solution which is request us to "upgrade" our membership for another 1 year (which is sign-up another 1 year) mad.gif then only will extend us for the 6 months FOC membership. vmad.gif mad.gif vmad.gif

Of course we will NOT accept their "generous" solution provided, I just want get back our 6months FREE membership.
All the email sent to True Fitness have c.c to Consumer Affairs department. thumbup.gif icon_rolleyes.gif and now waiting for the reply.

U guys can just forward the complaint letter to the following email address :

The Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP)
email address : e-aduan@kpdnhep.gov.my; adupp@kpdnhep.gov.my

True Fitness Regional Manager - Ms Lam
email address : lam@truefitness.com.my
+Quote Post
uhuk-uhuk
post Feb 11 2009, 06:16 PM

bulaiyan

so far i'm happy with the payment and everything else except the attitude of some PTs at TF Jaya 33.

the promoter who arranged for my TF membership was Yuki and i'm very satisfied with the way things have gone.

hopefully there won't be any difficulties in ending my 4-month contract with them smile.gif
+Quote Post
apanzhafran
post Feb 12 2009, 01:14 AM

anyone can give ms umah email or fax address?

i want to suspend my membership due to the fact i sprained my elbow, but to do that i have to have dr letter etc2 shit and its a goverment hospital u know how long its gonna take, i already said i got the mc and the dr's description but they want official letter, so i need to fax or email it to the umah fella, i dont know why but other gyms is not that hard to suspend, even if your studyin etc2, wth
+Quote Post
SoulPower
post Mar 5 2009, 11:21 AM

Getting Started

i think u better contact Ms Lam (provided by papupi_dumbo) as i had been contact Ms Umah for pass 3 weeks i still can't get her. vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

+Quote Post
mamedai
post Mar 7 2009, 01:12 PM

QUOTE(SoulPower @ Mar 5 2009, 11:21 AM)
i think u better contact Ms Lam (provided by papupi_dumbo) as i had been contact Ms Umah for pass 3 weeks i still can't get her.  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif

i think u better go to TF, and look for her..
if u just call and ask for Ms.Lam, i'm sure the CSO's will give u lotsss of excuses..
+Quote Post
peggylian
post Mar 7 2009, 03:10 PM

Getting Started

fortunately i read this post, if not, i';ll be the second victim. ><
+Quote Post
jean.c
post Mar 8 2009, 01:57 AM

I tink TF management should do something before their image is COMPLETELY tarnished by the CS ppl..
Seems like the complaints by the members are reli stacking up~ doh.gif
+Quote Post
DDSFan8
post Mar 8 2009, 02:39 AM

Regular