Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Acne DIY?

views

TSChristopher Lambert
post Nov 4 2017, 01:36 PM, updated 7y ago

7 posts

Does anyone have an effective acne DIY for oily skin or reliable product recommendation?
Most of the products I have used made it worse. confused.gif
SUSDouble J Jamal Jefri
post Nov 4 2017, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Christopher Lambert @ Nov 4 2017, 01:36 PM)
Does anyone have an effective acne DIY for oily skin or reliable product recommendation?
Try using ice cubes.

Apply it directly to the acne areas (in circular motion).

Repeat steps in the morning and night before going to bed.
NightHeart
post Nov 4 2017, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Christopher Lambert @ Nov 4 2017, 01:36 PM)
Most products you used, you didn't even bother to read the ingredient list right?

If your skin is oily, it usually means it's dry. Our skin produce oil as a natural defense mechanism to protect it from dried up & crack. The oil dries & harden on your skin, trapping dirt & clogging your pores. Then that becomes an ideal breeding ground for acne causing bacteria. Those are probably the root cause of your acne.

You need moisturizer to solve the oily issue & antibacterial properties to solve the bacteria issue. Of course cleansing is equally important too to remove all those dirt.
internaldisputes
post Nov 4 2017, 05:21 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

having oily skin sucks. every night i will apply traditional bedak sejuk or rice powder to suck all the oil and moisturize my skin while i'm asleep. it will leave a mess all over my bed and i'll have to endure comments from my family/housemates but it's worth it.

right now i'm coupled that with daily dose of 10mg isotretinoin which i got from dr ko. i'm on month 4 and i my skin is no longer as oily as it used to be, albeit super dry. i need to take this for the next 8 months or more to make the affect permanent tho.
NightHeart
post Nov 4 2017, 07:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Nov 4 2017, 05:21 PM)
having oily skin sucks. every night i will apply traditional bedak sejuk or rice powder to suck all the oil and moisturize my skin while i'm asleep. it will leave a mess all over my bed and i'll have to endure comments from my family/housemates but it's worth it.

right now i'm coupled that with daily dose of 10mg isotretinoin which i got from dr ko. i'm on month 4 and i my skin is no longer as oily as it used to be, albeit super dry. i need to take this for the next 8 months or more to make the affect permanent tho.
Isotretinoin shrinks your oil glands & make it dysfunctional. So of course you won't feel oily anymore. Once your oil glands are gone, in the future your skin will crack up & become scaly like dried mud because there's nothing to protects it anymore.
darkmusses
post Nov 4 2017, 08:02 PM

On my way
565 posts

Dalacin T or Mycin ?
ThisWorldisWeird
post Nov 20 2017, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

A lot of habits can cause acne also. Sometimes we don't realise. I remember reading about it here before.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 PM