Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pet Help Need cat advice, please help, Interested in adopting can click here

views

TSFelix-da-happy
post Nov 2 2017, 12:19 PM, updated 7y ago

22 posts

Last year, I adopted a stray. She's my baby and I love her so much. She was adjusting well, goes out awhile and comes back. Now she's pregnant and I'm happy cuz I memang wanted her to have kittens

About 2 months ago, I adopted another cat, this one is a house cat. Cuz my friend didn't want his cat anymore. 5 years old female.

My baby never liked that cat but last time before she pregnant, she still come home like normal. I noticed that after she pregnant, she doesn't like to come home anymore.

So I wondering if is because of of the new cat? Maybe she don't want to give birth at home?

I not sure what to do. Thinking if should find another home for the new cat. If you have any advice, please tell me.

I worried that my baby one day really refuse to come home and run away.

Any tips for converting her into house cat also appreciated. The new cat is already a full house cat. No idea how my friend thought can just leave her in the market blink.gif

TL;DR My new cat doesn't get along with my precious princess, most likely want to give her away.

Any advice would be helpful. Serious ones only, please. Thank you. smile.gif
eternallife
post Nov 2 2017, 02:20 PM

1 posts

Maybe she has delivered already? If she's not come back for more than a day, maybe she has already delivered.
They like to find a safe place to deliver, where other cats don't disturb them, and where they feel their babies can be safe during that part of their life. So your new cat may be keeping her skeptical about delivering there. Especially since they don't get along.

When she comes back, you could force her to stay indoors by closing all exits. And give her a box or cage or basket with blamkets to keep her kittens in. But that will only be temporary. After a few days she may decide to move them to a new place. So of you lock her in, she will decide which place in the house will be her new place.

The other thing is to temporarily move your new cat somewhere, or keep your new cat caged for a while. But poor new cat... of course he would not be happy...

My cat delivered in a container we prepared for her on our side sofa chair.
She chased away the other strays who came around, except for 1 cat she trusted, which was the father of most of her babies. But we kept an eye on him whenever he went to look at the kittens. As he may try to kill the kittens to get the mother to mate again.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.11    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:22 AM