Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Condo Interior Design, Ideas?

views

TSqh4real
post Oct 29 2017, 10:13 PM, updated 7y ago

7 posts

Hi. Embarking on the renovation journey for my new Condo (empty unit)

This is the layout of my condo (1029 sf)

user posted image

I plan to reno the kitch, living room, and 2 bedrooms. Bathrooms are already in satisfactory condition

Current condition:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I want a simple minimalistic design, opting for a gray walls , and light wooden colored flooring. I plan to laminate flooring for the living room/open kitchen area (as I really dislike the current tiles), and want a functional kitchen with a small island.
As my kitchen layout is kind of weird, I plan to hire ID to help out with some designing of the space.

Anyone knows roughly how much it'll cost to design+ reno this ? Or any good ideas as to area planning? any input would be great! thanks.

This post has been edited by qh4real: Oct 30 2017, 08:26 AM
Dwango
post Oct 30 2017, 08:40 AM

Casual
491 posts

Although I am not helping with your thread or question, would like to make a note that it's quite a waste to consider light wooden flooring as the current tile floor looks good (large-sized tiles). For wood flooring if I understand it you have 2 choices that are to remove the existing tiles completely and lay wooden flooring, or to lay wooden flooring over existing tiles. The latter seems to be the popular choice as it saves a lot of work and is cheaper. However, I was told by a friend that went for this option is there would be a slight squeaking noise at certain areas of the wooden flooring when you walk over it. Just make sure you get a reputable or good installer for the wooden flooring if you are you sensitive to quality and workmanship. Not too sure if good workmanship will guarantee a completely solid or quiet flooring though as the bond between the wooden pieces and existing ceramic tiles is just glue. Any unevenness with the existing tile flooring and it would be transferred to the wooden flooring.
darkmusses
post Oct 30 2017, 09:11 AM

On my way
565 posts

Are you going to fork out 10% of your property price for reno ?
Teh O Ais
post Oct 30 2017, 03:27 PM

4 posts

The best is to get advice from an interior designer. You don't have to blow your budget, just tell your ID your budget and your style.

Use this site, Atap.co which has over 1000 Malaysian interior designers.

1. Fill in this form (https://atap.co/malaysia/en/quotes#) with your renovation requirements
2. The most suitable/interested interior designers will contact you with price quotes
3. Choose your favourite/cheapest.

Free service!!

This post has been edited by Teh O Ais: Oct 30 2017, 03:27 PM
Jesslyne
post Oct 30 2017, 05:53 PM

39 posts

Hi, we have grown into Selangor's premier custom cabinet manufacturer.
We specialize in creating unique and purpose built with your needs, ideas and budget in mind.
We also provided other services such as grille, interior renovation, laminate flooring, wallpaper and interior design.

Feel free to walk in our nearest showroom or contact our salesperson for appointment.

FREE site visit & FREE quotation is provided.

Attached Image

Attached Image
sonypshomer
post Nov 3 2017, 08:40 AM

Regular
1,577 posts

The layout kinda weird. This is the best arrangement i can think of with a bit of luxury. Walk in wardrobe with vanity dresser which also function as extra privacy in master suite, bathtub in master bath, full kitchen island with sink, built in dishwasher and breakfast bar with sitting. Granite counter top with white induction hob. Double function pantry shelf cabinet on one side and shoe cabinet on the other. Dining area overlooking garden & light wooden laminated flooring through out as requested.

user posted image

This post has been edited by sonypshomer: Nov 3 2017, 08:43 AM
hutazi
post Nov 3 2017, 02:23 PM

Casual
496 posts

QUOTE(qh4real @ Oct 29 2017, 10:13 PM)
Hi. Embarking on the renovation journey for my new Condo (empty unit)

This is the layout of my condo (1029 sf)

user posted image

I plan to reno the kitch, living room, and 2 bedrooms. Bathrooms are already in satisfactory condition

Current condition:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I want a simple minimalistic design,  opting for a gray walls , and light wooden colored flooring. I plan to laminate flooring for the living room/open kitchen area (as I really dislike the current tiles), and want a functional kitchen with a small island.
As my kitchen layout is kind of weird, I plan to hire ID to help out with some designing of the space.

Anyone knows roughly how much it'll cost to design+ reno this ? Or any good ideas as to area planning? any input would be great! thanks.
if i were you, i would not do the wooden flooring yet. the reason being, if it is a new condo, there is a chance your tiles will burst as the concrete matures and expansion/contraction occurs. but your call lah. my condo around 5-8 tiles (2x2) burst in 2nd year. but your call in the end. just givin 2sen.

QUOTE(sonypshomer @ Nov 3 2017, 08:40 AM)
The layout kinda weird. This is the best arrangement i can think of with a bit of luxury. Walk in wardrobe with vanity dresser which also function as extra privacy in master suite, bathtub in master bath, full kitchen island with sink, built in dishwasher and breakfast bar with sitting. Granite counter top with white induction hob. Double function pantry shelf cabinet on one side and shoe cabinet on the other. Dining area overlooking garden & light wooden laminated flooring through out as requested.

user posted image
nice. but takde tv ka?
sonypshomer
post Nov 3 2017, 02:49 PM

Regular
1,577 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Nov 3 2017, 02:23 PM)
if i were you, i would not do the wooden flooring yet. the reason being, if it is a new condo, there is a chance your tiles will burst as the concrete matures and expansion/contraction occurs. but your call lah. my condo around 5-8 tiles (2x2) burst in 2nd year. but your call in the end. just givin 2sen.
nice. but takde tv ka?
LOL TV inside the bedroom
iAlien
post Mar 9 2018, 06:10 PM

Interior Designer
1,043 posts

QUOTE(sonypshomer @ Nov 3 2017, 08:40 AM)

user posted image
is that Original Developer layout?

that is lot of wrg space planning icon_question.gif
steve426
post Mar 10 2018, 04:01 PM

Casual
417 posts

Tomorrow we will have interior design sharing session on

-How does a good colour scheme helps to improve your home
-How to build loose and built-in furniture
-Tivolli Design One Stop Renovation Center

At 2pm for english session