Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Note 8 Discussion Thread v5

views

zerohunter
post Nov 21 2017, 11:54 AM

M
6,990 posts

QUOTE(ran_deep @ Nov 21 2017, 11:48 AM)
So I bought the additional screen crack warranty from Samsung SC yesterday for RM149. I didn't purchase the additional 2nd year smart warranty that costs RM149 too.

When I checked with them on the standard warranty coverage - among other exclusions - it doesn't cover water damage! I questioned that this suppose to be water resistant - and they replied that it doesn't mean its water proof.
DAFUQ!  shocking.gif
Bcos ip68 they rated is mean it can dive in fresh water for up to 30 minutes and 1.5m. They can't tell if water damaged is caused by salt water or u dive more than 30 minutes or u dive deeper than 1.5m
vhs1
post Nov 21 2017, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,577 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Nov 21 2017, 10:22 AM)
One of the culprits in here is AOD. Many in here found out the AOD in Note 8 consumes a lot of battery juice. You can turn it off if you do not need it.
So early battery drains because of AOD issue,

I'm worry, what if the phone is 6 months on or more, the battery will deteriorate in performance life with time.

Have to get power bank ready then, in order to have the phone last till home or near power source.
Jitty
post Nov 21 2017, 11:58 AM

Regular
1,045 posts

So normal AOD wont eat juice that much right?

Just that the pattern or wallpaper in AOD that caused the battery drain right?
Remy101
post Nov 21 2017, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(zerohunter @ Nov 21 2017, 12:46 PM)
I use spay and my nfc is always off. You do not have to on and off nfc manually. When u launch spay and swipe up your card getting ready to tap and pay, nfc will turn on and off automatically after u completed the payments.
this is good news!
Jay Chua CC
post Nov 21 2017, 12:03 PM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,907 posts

QUOTE(cynical66 @ Nov 21 2017, 06:47 AM)
Try my best to give a review of my cheap TG.:-

The Packaging
user posted image

After Installation-
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Note that I'm Using Spigen Neo Hybrid Black. Case Friendly. 1mm space at both side, 2mm space at top & bot.
user posted image
Weakness - It cant cover whole screen & it has black bezel at both sides which makes it to covered a little bit of screen at left & right edge screen. You could actually see abit of light from the screen. (the light is not light bleed from the phone)
user posted image
Cincai screen sensitivity testing:-
Click for Video -----> Testing
Damage: RM65 (Back Screen Protector given by fren (Not HP Acc. Seller))
Material: Tempered Glass
Adhesive: Full Glue / Adhesive
Item included: Alcohol Wipe, Dry Wipe, Installation Bracket, Squeegee made using paper & Hard box.
~~Since this is the only tempered glass i've bought for my note 8, may i ask if all case friendly have the same weakness? (black bezel at both side cover 1-2mm of the egde)
Definitely is only side glue adhesive. Its obvious that the middle is hollow. biggrin.gif
Rei7
post Nov 21 2017, 12:07 PM

Game, anime and headphones ❤️
1,665 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 11:38 AM)
I found that the wallpaper color has less effect, more important would be the patterns in the wallpaper  hmm.gif
After i think after around 15 seconds the phone in lock mode, the wallpaper will auto-dim to pure black, left only the pattern in white dot. I am guessing the more white dots/pattern, the more battery life it sucks  laugh.gif
They need to scrap the AOD stuff they are using because it's not done right. Like I've mentioned it's not good battery wise, I just compare it with some other AOD stuff I use before which only drains 1 percent of the battery or less.

I just feel that it's not optimized well, so I just have it off. While it looks nice for it to always be on... but not practical. Easily can say that those who have a note 8 and their battery can't last the whole day before arriving home, it's because of the AOD whistling.gif
funnyface
post Nov 21 2017, 12:11 PM

On my way
693 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 21 2017, 12:07 PM)
They need to scrap the AOD stuff they are using because it's not done right. Like I've mentioned it's not good battery wise, I just compare it with some other AOD stuff I use before which only drains 1 percent of the battery or less.

I just feel that it's not optimized well, so I just have it off. While it looks nice for it to always be on... but not practical. Easily can say that those who have a note 8 and their battery can't last the whole day before arriving home, it's because of the AOD  whistling.gif
I am also looking for a way to turn off the pattern/white dots at the AOD background, if you found out how please let me know rclxub.gif

I only want the clock/notifications details, dont care about the pattern at all yawn.gif
vhs1
post Nov 21 2017, 12:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,577 posts

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 21 2017, 12:07 PM)

I just feel that it's not optimized well, so I just have it off. While it looks nice for it to always be on... but not practical. Easily can say that those who have a note 8 and their battery can't last the whole day before arriving home, it's because of the AOD  whistling.gif
They should have given us 4000mah for a high end flagship.
mockv1per
post Nov 21 2017, 12:15 PM

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ
4,010 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 12:11 PM)
I am also looking for a way to turn off the pattern/white dots at the AOD background, if you found out how please let me know  rclxub.gif

I only want the clock/notifications details, dont care about the pattern at all  yawn.gif
just change to digital clock, background -> none.
tshin810
post Nov 21 2017, 12:17 PM

Regular
1,250 posts

QUOTE(vincetee06 @ Nov 21 2017, 10:15 AM)
Thanks for your info, done setting, let's see how it goes.
Btw, found out my uob credit card not supported by samsung pay =(
Any recommended bank credit card with best feature that support samsung pay?
I use Hong Leong ATM card that day and it works.
funnyface
post Nov 21 2017, 12:17 PM

On my way
693 posts

QUOTE(mockv1per @ Nov 21 2017, 12:15 PM)
just change to digital clock, background -> none.
Already changed to None, yet the AOD screen still using the normal home screen wallpaper with stars at the top portion rclxub.gif
mockv1per
post Nov 21 2017, 12:21 PM

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ
4,010 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 12:17 PM)
Already changed to None, yet the AOD screen still using the normal home screen wallpaper with stars at the top portion  rclxub.gif
can you share your aod screenshot?
tshin810
post Nov 21 2017, 12:21 PM

Regular
1,250 posts

I am also looking for a way to turn off the pattern/white dots at the AOD background, if you found out how please let me know  rclxub.gif

I only want the clock/notifications details, dont care about the pattern at all  yawn.gif
Go to wallpaper and themes. Get the most simplest AOD design. That's what I did, only clock, date and battery power.
funnyface
post Nov 21 2017, 12:22 PM

On my way
693 posts

QUOTE(mockv1per @ Nov 21 2017, 12:21 PM)
can you share your aod screenshot?
I need another phone to take the picture, will share tonight doh.gif

So nobody else note8 shows the pattern in AOD??? rclxub.gif

It looks exactly like this:
Attached Image

Notice the top portion has the white dots/patterns

This post has been edited by funnyface: Nov 21 2017, 12:27 PM
funnyface
post Nov 21 2017, 12:24 PM

On my way
693 posts

QUOTE(tshin810 @ Nov 21 2017, 12:21 PM)
Go to wallpaper and themes. Get the most simplest AOD design. That's what I did, only clock, date and battery power.
I want the keep the wallpaper in home screen, if using the theme store for blank wallpaper, my home screen will be boring plain which is kind of waste for such a beautiful screen in Note 8 sad.gif
zerohunter
post Nov 21 2017, 12:31 PM

M
6,990 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 12:17 PM)
Already changed to None, yet the AOD screen still using the normal home screen wallpaper with stars at the top portion  rclxub.gif
QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 12:22 PM)
I need another phone to take the picture, will share tonight  doh.gif

So nobody else note8 shows the pattern in AOD???  rclxub.gif

Attached Image

It should be blank black if u pick none in background. Try update your aod app to the latest if u haven't done so.

This post has been edited by zerohunter: Nov 21 2017, 12:31 PM
tshin810
post Nov 21 2017, 12:35 PM

Regular
1,250 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 12:24 PM)
I want the keep the wallpaper in home screen, if using the theme store for blank wallpaper, my home screen will be boring plain which is kind of waste for such a beautiful screen in Note 8  sad.gif
Theme , wallaper and AOD can be applied individually.
Attached Image
vhs1
post Nov 21 2017, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,577 posts

QUOTE(funnyface @ Nov 21 2017, 12:22 PM)
I need another phone to take the picture, will share tonight  doh.gif

So nobody else note8 shows the pattern in AOD???  rclxub.gif

Attached Image

It looks like starry starry sky at night.
funnyface
post Nov 21 2017, 12:44 PM

On my way
693 posts

Looks like it is call Infinity Wallpaper doh.gif

Which will connect the stars from AOD, lock screen and wallpaper. Once you use that, you cannot turn off the AOD patern individually sad.gif
aaron80
post Nov 21 2017, 01:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

QUOTE(Jitty @ Nov 21 2017, 11:58 AM)
So normal AOD wont eat juice that much right?

Just that the pattern or wallpaper in AOD that caused the battery drain right?
i am using AOD from 7.50am to 11.10pm everyday
totally black background with just Date, Time, Battery info and notification icons only
so it doesn't really consume that much of battery for my case

but i found out that beside of screen, phone and wifi signal are the biggest battery consumption

323 Pages « < 91 92 93 94 95 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:10 PM