Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Segotep or Techware casing?, Any thoughts?

views

goldfries
post Jul 5 2018, 02:01 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

QUOTE(hpares @ Jul 5 2018, 01:29 PM)
Sorry some noob question. Is there any specific reason to go for expensive casing above rm 120 instead of those rm 79 (t1gpro excellent Armageddon casing from lazada) beside cosmetic purpose?
Build quality, usually those that cost more also comes with a little more space for cable management.
derthvadar
post Jul 5 2018, 11:50 PM

(ง •̀_•́)ง
1,690 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Jul 5 2018, 02:01 PM)
Build quality, usually those that cost more also comes with a little more space for cable management.
+1
killerpigglet
post Aug 5 2018, 03:14 AM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(hpares @ Jul 5 2018, 01:29 PM)
Sorry some noob question. Is there any specific reason to go for expensive casing above rm 120 instead of those rm 79 (t1gpro excellent Armageddon casing from lazada) beside cosmetic purpose?
Trust me don't go for cheap case. I'm personally using t2z and it freaking sucks. U will cut ur hand trying to do any resemblance of 'cable management' and get tempered glass side panels if u can. Cheap aryclic side is ugly and easily scratched. Overall, spend more n get better quality or u will just regret. I bought 2 armageddon casing before n believe me when I say it's the last I bought it
Nymi
post Aug 5 2018, 10:54 AM

47 posts

I have a Tecware Edge and I am surprised how good the build quality is for the price. Cable management is great, ample space for anything I want to install in the case, water cooler etc. The glass side panel is even tempered glass, usually only available for more expensive cases. Magnetic dust filters is included for most fan spaces.
Only comment is that the front panel is hard to take off. Also I'd like it if there was magnetic dust filters for front air intake as well.

Quality 8/10
Space management 9/10
Features 7/10
Value for money 11/10

Would buy again
Najmods
post Aug 7 2018, 09:32 AM

*mutter mutter mutter mutter*
5,211 posts

Recently bought Tecware Nexus M mATX casing, I got the white case with some black accent. Here is my review of it:

Build quality is quite nice, paint is thick and even, but the side panel is very thin. Case itself is thin too but it shouldnt give you trouble.

Tempered glass makes the case sturdy, the screw that holding it to place is quite strong too.

Space inside is good and they includes 3 case fans (two on the front and one at the back) Each fan have both 4-pin molex or 3-pin fan connector. You can add another 120mm fan at the front and another two 120mm fan on the top totalling 6 120mm fan.I recommend using blower graphic card to expel heat from the middle of the case.

There is big 360mm magnetic dust filter up front and 240mm dust filter at the top.

Cable management is a nightmare if you use two 3.5inch drive, the top 3.5" drive is mounted upside down to the bottom 3.5" drive thus routing power cable and SATA cable is very finicky especially if you run daisychained SATA power cable.

Gaps behind the case is very small, making it hard to route cable around. But there is plenty of holes for cable management.

Front panel is made of thin plastic panel but its alright. The air intake is through the right side of the panel. It have two USB2.0 and one USB3.0 along with 3.5mm headphone and mic jack, the 2.0 connects to the board using the regular 9-pin connector and the 3.0 uses regular 20-pin blue connector.

Apart from the wonky 3.5" placement and very small gap behind the case, everything else is great. Love the look and love the price. The main buying factor for choosing the case is the included dust filters and the two 3.5" drive. The second point backfired because of the poor placement but I do workaround by stacking the harddrive on top of the bottom drive and put spacers in-between.

Will I recommend it? Yes, for the price its very hard to beat the feature it gives.
claudetan
post Aug 7 2018, 03:02 PM

On my way
690 posts

segotep workmanship is so so, but enough for daily use, used to own a segotep lux, stock fan is a joke, airflow and cable management not that good, also the HDD mounting also mount with 2 screw only, well, cant complaint with RM180 case ....

i used to buy cheap casing (not over RM200) ... but after i bought define R6, no regret.
Unclockable
post Aug 7 2018, 08:25 PM

21 posts

go tecware edge if u are lazy it is very easy for hardware installation
ragnarokB2
post Sep 15 2018, 08:27 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Segotep : Focused on aesthetics. If you want airflow then Segotep shall be your bane. Most if not all of their cases has minimal to no air vent at the front.
Tecware : More balanced in build quality, design, and aesthetic. Newer ones like Edge and Nexus sports a more trendy look while maintaining acceptable front air vent size. If you care more about functions and the case itself over aesthetics, then Tecware all the way.
khiunngiap
post Sep 15 2018, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

I have halo 6 from segotep , asthetic wise from /pricing I think is pass but I have three complaint.

- back cable management is a joke/super cramp , I am so worry the cable bend and spoit my things as I use modular psu , now the back casing pressing cables
- it is acrylic clear case , not tempered glass
- some part of the front three case fan location is block by chassis frame . I diy cut it out ....

Due to that three . It makes me wanna change case

This post has been edited by khiunngiap: Sep 15 2018, 04:16 PM
khiunngiap
post Sep 15 2018, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

Any one recommend any atx case for me to put 8 fans?

However , kinda tempted to change thermaltake open frame case
Shoot@M3
post Oct 23 2018, 04:39 PM

=|| elf ||=
1,326 posts

its been a long time im not looking at new casing. yesterday went to the local shop here in sabah, i could even find segotep and tecware in one of the shop and there's few to choose from but not that many (usually the case for us here)

but it seems segotep and tecware is doing well for their case

i've also seen something name 1st person or what, then got aigo case also
may plan to build another rig so i may look around again. one tecware caught my eyes but didn't try to remember the model

will look at it again

anyone have surveyed before can recommend me the criteria below? not looking at corsair/c.master those exp. just budget ones
- ATX case
- Tempered glass, doesn't matter smoke or not
- room for cable management behind the mobo say 1.5cm
- tool less design
- front panel with usb 3.0, preferably 2x else 1x also ok
- mount for push config AIO Single radiator Cooler / 12cm

thanks
Skylinestar
post Oct 24 2018, 10:01 AM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

Here's my 2 cents regarding my cheap Aigo Blade II casing:
The motherboard CPU cutout is wrong. Although the cutout size is big, its location is just too low, not aligned with my Mobo.
Shoot@M3
post Oct 24 2018, 04:15 PM

=|| elf ||=
1,326 posts

ok scary to go with aigo then
i also got use one armageddon cheap casing, it does have usb3.0
but the hdd rack for the case is totally out of alignment as well, supposedly can fit 3x 3.5" HDD end up only 2 can go in, no matter how i tried to do it. bad one

very light in design, just enough space for cable clearance behind mobo as it is protruded side panel. i think if u drop it from 3M height, it will start to break

http://www.massivebd.com/?product=armaggeddon-vulcan-v1x

its the armageddon vulcan v1x
QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Oct 24 2018, 10:01 AM)
Here's my 2 cents regarding  my cheap Aigo Blade II casing:
The motherboard CPU cutout is wrong. Although the cutout size is big, its location is just too low, not aligned with my Mobo.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:58 AM