Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hobbies Share your hobby cave and room/space setup, Man-cave, she-shed..your cave of wonder!

views

TSSupermotoXL
post Oct 30 2017, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

Latest updates (30/10/2017): MAN HOUSE V3.0

Recently i manage to make some changes to my room after receiving feedback from my R/C community so last Saturday and Sunday (yesterday) i manage to rearrange my Main Hangar, The Pilot Lounge and also the third Hangar (workspace) to more efficient and spacious area for me to walk around, spread out my models and able to access working resource more efficiently. Now its far improved workplace to work on my hobby than previous setup.

HANGAR V3.0
Rearrange my models according to category, prefectly lineup on the wall, cupboard and parts storage inventory have been compacted to relieve extra space around the hangar. Some planes have been remove out from the hangar to PILOT LOUNGE area and also Hangar 3.

Photos:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

PILOT LOUNGE V3.0
Front area have been cleaned and some part of the cupboard have been repainted black to match the overall room furniture. The back side warm color area have been added classic big WW2 planes to match the old and tatami mat furniture.

Photos:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

HANGAR number 3/3D WORK STUDIO V2.0
This room have been rebuild to accomodate my 3d design works/concept design, 3d printing fabrication, airbrushing works and other hobby workmanship. This area is well vented near the windows and have abundant amount of natural outside light to work on my projects. Some area are not in the photo is still in work in progress. 2x mini computer is my mini server that provide digital media library that connects to PILOT LOUNGE and soon to MAIN HANGAR. This room will house some plastics models, design artworks and 3d printed works...waiting for new cupboard to arrive. Will post updates how the room looks like in 360 degree soon.

Photos:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Oct 30 2017, 01:33 PM
hitz
post Oct 30 2017, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Pls provide me your address so that i can come and rob some of your planes... Hahahahaha
TSSupermotoXL
post Oct 30 2017, 07:24 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(hitz @ Oct 30 2017, 03:29 PM)
Pls provide me your address so that i can come and rob some of your planes... Hahahahaha
You'll have to climb tall building to reach my hangar like Mission Imposible scene at Dubai. biggrin.gif
carpathia
post Oct 30 2017, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

I am still setting up my man cave but here is my friend's WIP - he is planning to add one more cabinet into his living room, which is his man cave!!

TSSupermotoXL
post Oct 31 2017, 07:58 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(carpathia @ Oct 30 2017, 09:27 PM)
I am still setting up my man cave but here is my friend's WIP - he is planning to add one more cabinet into his living room, which is his man cave!!

Your buddy have nice collections of kamen riders, ultramans, gundams and others. Since its compacted in a small space... imagine how much space it need if the figurine space out, could take a whole room. Send my regards to your friend. icon_rolleyes.gif I'm still looking for big glass car for my TAMIYA R/C cars which is still in my storage room but its hard to find since most only fit figurine size.

carpathia; post your progress on your man cave soon. nod.gif
carpathia
post Oct 31 2017, 09:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Oct 31 2017, 07:58 AM)
Your buddy have nice collections of kamen riders, ultramans, gundams and others. Since its compacted in a small space... imagine how much space it need if the figurine space out, could take a whole room.  Send my regards to your friend.  icon_rolleyes.gif  I'm still looking for big glass car for my TAMIYA R/C cars which is still in my storage room but its hard to find since most only fit figurine size.

carpathia; post your progress on your man cave soon.  nod.gif
Will do man.
If you need custom sizes display cases, try asking the same vendor that made the cabinet in the video
Savor_Savvy
post Oct 31 2017, 05:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

Looks like those feiji are taking a huge space. You are staying alone without your parents there, right?
hungheykwun
post Oct 31 2017, 05:33 PM

Regular
1,058 posts

QUOTE(nebula87 @ Oct 25 2017, 02:09 PM)
nope. i found this from Google.

yes, you should make your room brighter so that is will looks more spacious..

but dont put mirror, as it will doubles your aircraft and become more packed.

I'm a diecast car collector, but still havent got that fund to deco it into my room..
the bottom of my loft is like this
i just buy cloud sticker and stick
GameFr3ak
post Oct 31 2017, 08:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

Can someone show their modeller's work desk/bench? Recently, I've got a nice large table and half of the table will be dedicated in building kits (gunpla). Wanted to see how you guys set it up
TSSupermotoXL
post Nov 1 2017, 08:01 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Oct 31 2017, 05:19 PM)
Looks like those feiji are taking a huge space. You are staying alone without your parents there, right?
Yup staying alone in my awesome house. My crib, my rules. rclxm9.gif Oh forgot my cousin who is a game content developer contractor staying in other room next to my Hangar 3 in his own mini studio 24/7 so he help me to take care of the house when i'm not around and few of my cats to get rid of pesky rodents. So pretty much i have a cool hobby home. bruce.gif biggrin.gif If anything happen the police station is just infront of the house, lol. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(GameFr3ak @ Oct 31 2017, 08:09 PM)
Can someone show their modeller's work desk/bench? Recently, I've got a nice large table and half of the table will be dedicated in building kits (gunpla). Wanted to see how you guys set it up
Will show you my big table soon since i'm also into model kit, hopefully before saturday since i have boxes of kit need big tables for my youtube work. My previous work table was already rotten and need immediate replacement.

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Nov 1 2017, 08:52 AM
HyperLiner
post Nov 2 2017, 10:39 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Oct 30 2017, 07:24 PM)
You'll have to climb tall building to reach my hangar like Mission Imposible scene at Dubai.  biggrin.gif
or do it like Tower Heist. lol
paanjang16
post Nov 3 2017, 11:33 PM

Casual
335 posts

My Lego room. A table to display sets like a small town, racks to show the completed modular buildings and a table to build sets and MOC.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSSupermotoXL
post Nov 5 2017, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(paanjang16 @ Nov 3 2017, 11:33 PM)
My Lego room. A table to display sets like a small town, racks to show the completed modular buildings and a table to build sets and MOC.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Nice setup on your lego workshop i love your clean room setup, awesome share bro paanjang16. Is that rack custom made?, looks like custom aluminum frame. Btw your table looks like mine which i just added to my room.

Updates:
Here my updates with the small table located on right side of my workspace to work on my kit, soldering and painting works. Also moved some parts inventory into this room for easy access instead of putting in my main hangar.

Photo:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

paanjang16
post Nov 5 2017, 08:43 PM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Nov 5 2017, 03:22 PM)
Nice setup on your lego workshop i love your clean room setup, awesome share bro paanjang16. Is that rack custom made?, looks like custom aluminum frame.  Btw your table looks like mine which i just added to my room. 
The Galvanised iron racks are Ikea Hyllis shelving units. All the tables are banquet fordable tables.
TSSupermotoXL
post Nov 12 2017, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(paanjang16 @ Nov 5 2017, 08:43 PM)
The Galvanised iron racks are Ikea Hyllis shelving units. All the tables are banquet fordable tables.
I've checked with Ikea's agents for the Hylis rack but they did have any yet, the rack looks like it could fit my Tamiya boxes.
Btw since i manage to rearrange my workroom this week alone i manage to complete 5x huge R/C project in one go in less than 4 days. Happy about how efficient it is since all my work tools within reach when compare 3 months ago which took 1x project per-week. nod.gif

Photos:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

lunchtime
post Nov 12 2017, 04:29 PM

Casual
487 posts

Wow so many beauties .. how do you hang those huge beauties on the wall?
TSSupermotoXL
post Nov 14 2017, 08:00 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Nov 12 2017, 04:29 PM)
Wow so many beauties .. how do you hang those huge beauties on the wall?
I used thin cooper wire to hang all those plane via under carriage/landing gear. For heavier planes i used those thick wire cloth hanger and bent it as hook to hang the planes. You can see the photos below how i hooked the planes to the wall.

Photos:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Nov 14 2017, 08:00 AM
TSSupermotoXL
post Nov 30 2017, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

Reading article.
user posted image

I published an article today about my hangar and other rooms at my website here:
My Hobby cave article link : https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-a-creat...ld-have-one-too

Its a long article but atleast i could send message to the community about impotance having a space for this hobby which benefits self development and career diversity. R/C is not only for fun but also promotes future growth and opportunity which helps me where i stand now. smile.gif
strikermac
post Nov 30 2017, 02:33 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Nov 30 2017, 02:14 PM)
Reading article.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I published an article today about my hangar and other rooms at my website here: 
My Hobby cave article link : https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-a-creat...ld-have-one-too

Its a long article but atleast i could send message to the community about impotance having a space for this hobby which benefits self development and career diversity.  R/C is not only for fun but also promotes future growth and opportunity which helps me where i stand now. smile.gif
notworthy.gif rclxms.gif thumbup.gif thumbsup.gif
Superb fabulous~~~
TSSupermotoXL
post Dec 1 2017, 08:06 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(strikermac @ Nov 30 2017, 02:33 PM)
notworthy.gif  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbsup.gif
Superb fabulous~~~
Thanks, i have many friend with small hobby startup graduated into career opportunity hobby. smile.gif biggrin.gif you can too. smile.gif

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:12 AM