Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How much should I expect for Singapore job?, For experienced buyer/planner

views

TSStephen_theam
post Oct 24 2017, 07:25 PM, updated 7y ago

32 posts

I'm 34 going to 35 years old soon working as a buyer in an EMS industry. Earning 6k/mth only after been worked for 10 years in purchasing/planning. I recently actively looking for a job in Singapore. The reason why I want to switch there is due to my family is going to move there soon. So I would like to follow them there. But the problem is I not sure how much should I expect when I apply for a Singapore job for purchasing/planning roles. Is it possible for me to expect the same with what I'm currently earning but in Sg dollar or I should expect a lower pay due to the currency and how many % should I cut down from my current pay is considered reasonable? Is there anyone of you being transferred from the company in Malaysia to Singapore and did your company pay you back the same pay but in Sg dollar or they actually press down your pay as well and may I know how many % of it?
I totally have no idea on how much should I expect and would like to seek help from those that have experienced through this kind of scenario before.

Your sharing will be great appreciated. Thanks so much

aVexRikuu
post Oct 26 2017, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
231 posts

Robert Walter's 2017 Salary Guide
https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/da...survey-2017.pdf
Attached Image
SUSthe99percent1
post Nov 8 2017, 01:20 PM

Casual
381 posts

3-4k a month.
kenny B
post Dec 11 2017, 02:20 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(Stephen_theam @ Oct 24 2017, 07:25 PM)
I'm 34 going to 35 years old soon working as a buyer in an EMS industry. Earning 6k/mth only after been worked for 10 years in purchasing/planning. I recently actively looking for a job in Singapore. The reason why I want to switch there is due to my family is going to move there soon. So I would like to follow them there. But the problem is I not sure how much should I expect when I apply for a Singapore job for purchasing/planning roles. Is it possible for me to expect the same with what I'm currently earning but in Sg dollar or I should expect a lower pay due to the currency and how many % should I cut down from my current pay is considered reasonable? Is there anyone of you being transferred from the company in Malaysia to Singapore and did your company pay you back the same pay but in Sg dollar or they actually press down your pay as well and may I know how many % of it?
I totally have no idea on how much should I expect and would like to seek help from those that have experienced through this kind of scenario before.

Your sharing will be great appreciated. Thanks so much
for my case it was 15% drop. but i've seen cases of 1-1 conversion, so its up to you to nego

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:23 PM