Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Local Music Online Radio, Why Dont We Have One?

views

TSwhatsupbro
post Oct 17 2017, 02:18 PM, updated 7y ago

~Musician wannabe~
1,952 posts

PLAY THE RADIO HERE

Why don't we have one that is not BIAS and plays everything from the local scene and maybe 1 song per band/act at least so that they have a fighting chance to promote themselves??

It's only abour USD10 a month.. 120USD a year.. Not even a hefty RM5,000,000 a year...

I think as a musician we should support towards this idea. hmm.gif hmm.gif

But of course, NO ADS.. But we can have featured artist interviews, event shoutouts.. which may support the radio..

But artist can't charge their single too EXPENSIVE lah as a start.. Maybe RM50 per single (not per PLAY) at least.. we got their songs to play to our audience right..

well enough of talk.. here is my trial at doing an online radio.. far from perfect.. but at least it's something.. (DEMO ONLY)

PLAY THE RADIO HERE
Dominic Toretto
post Oct 24 2017, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(whatsupbro @ Oct 17 2017, 02:18 PM)
PLAY THE RADIO HERE

Why don't we have one that is not BIAS and plays everything from the local scene and maybe 1 song per band/act at least so that they have a fighting chance to promote themselves??

It's only abour USD10 a month.. 120USD a year.. Not even a hefty RM5,000,000 a year...

I think as a musician we should support towards this idea.  hmm.gif  hmm.gif

But of course, NO ADS.. But we can have featured artist interviews, event shoutouts.. which may support the radio..

But artist can't charge their single too EXPENSIVE lah as a start.. Maybe RM50 per single (not per PLAY) at least.. we got their songs to play to our audience right..

well enough of talk.. here is my trial at doing an online radio.. far from perfect.. but at least it's something.. (DEMO ONLY)

PLAY THE RADIO HERE
Emm for online radio, there are few that I found

-Online.fm
-Matic.fm
-MyKampusRadio

and etc

These online radio usually playing local underground indie band (malay or English) such as The Rudean, Masdo, Mystical Mirage, Y2K, Valencies, SOG, Patriots and many more. They also give chance to new bands to get their song played in their online radio channel, as long as the band rep sent band profile including the song sample that must need to be remastered before submitting.
TSwhatsupbro
post Oct 25 2017, 12:01 PM

~Musician wannabe~
1,952 posts

QUOTE(Dominic Toretto @ Oct 24 2017, 04:13 PM)
Emm for online radio, there are few that I found

-Online.fm
-Matic.fm
-MyKampusRadio

and etc

These online radio usually playing local underground indie band (malay or English) such as The Rudean, Masdo, Mystical Mirage, Y2K, Valencies, SOG, Patriots and many more. They also give chance to new bands to get their song played in their online radio channel, as long as the band rep sent band profile including the song sample that must need to be remastered before submitting.
Ohhh great to know that, listening to Matic FM now.. It's hard to get chance to listen to new music especially local bands due to the Mainstream Radio Business (understandably due to their business model and current market health).

Great info dude, appreciate this.

Thanks
Kekikan
post Nov 23 2017, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

Good idea but I don't see a problem with Ads... its a healthy way to maintain the radio...
TSwhatsupbro
post Dec 3 2017, 03:54 PM

~Musician wannabe~
1,952 posts

The cost of running the initial part is not so expensive. and it can be automated...
But then, music royalty is a thing that I haven't really dig into... it's easy to speak with indie artist/label to get their music.. but a much established one is a different story...

still learning...

ads can be great but it needs some work... ehhehe
1to3for
post Dec 3 2017, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

radio station not found.
TSwhatsupbro
post Dec 5 2017, 01:14 PM

~Musician wannabe~
1,952 posts

QUOTE(1to3for @ Dec 3 2017, 04:00 PM)