Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Intel Graduate prgrm vs current work, Just got employed 1 month

views

TSzedyll
post Oct 16 2017, 10:14 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
193 posts

Hi, as title above... Can I have your opinions about the Intel Graduate Trainee Program regarding the future career opportunity? (eg: permanent employement)

I'm currently a fresh graduate who just got employed in a electronics manufacturing factory as Assistant Engineer about 1 month ago, with 1 year contract as probation. The company is really near to my home in sp....about 5 km. My starting gross pay is RM2k+.

I got a call from Intel penang/kulim asking whether if I'm interested in the program; hence will be notified if I was shortlisted for the interview. I ask what will be the job scope, she said depends later on....after I got accepted.

Should I stick with current company, gaining enough exp for 1-2 years before trying into other larger companies?
Hope you guys can give opinion about my situation...Thanks! notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by zedyll: Oct 18 2017, 12:14 AM
TSzedyll
post Oct 17 2017, 09:53 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

no one? sad.gif
pillage2001
post Oct 17 2017, 10:07 PM

Regular
1,894 posts

Go for the interview, see what position you get. If you're interested, accept it. It's definitely more than 2k++
kenysl
post Oct 17 2017, 11:06 PM

Foodie
678 posts

Yup just go for the interview if you're shortlisted and er you didn't exactly specify what aspects do you want opinions on so yeahhhhh.
TSzedyll
post Oct 18 2017, 12:21 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ Oct 17 2017, 10:07 PM)
Go for the interview, see what position you get. If you're interested, accept it. It's definitely more than 2k++
QUOTE(kenysl @ Oct 17 2017, 11:06 PM)
Yup just go for the interview if you're shortlisted and er you didn't exactly specify what aspects do you want opinions on so yeahhhhh.
sorry for the incomplete question... sweat.gif

i meant...

Should I stick with current company, gaining enough exp for 1-2 years before trying into other larger companies? My expenses are quite minimal since I'm living with my parents; RM5 petrol per week, RM6 lunch per day.

Or... trying out in the Intel graduate trainee program? (need to spend for rent,travel expenses and food) Some opinion i got, Intel name will have a big impact in my resume in the future.
fireballs
post Oct 18 2017, 12:23 AM

5,627 posts

definately intel. pay >>> your current one.
pillage2001
post Oct 18 2017, 01:50 AM

Regular
1,894 posts

QUOTE(zedyll @ Oct 18 2017, 12:21 AM)
sorry for the incomplete question...  sweat.gif

i meant...

Should I stick with current company, gaining enough exp for 1-2 years before trying into other larger companies? My expenses are quite minimal since I'm living with my parents; RM5 petrol per week, RM6 lunch per day.

Or... trying out in the Intel graduate trainee program? (need to spend for rent,travel expenses and food) Some opinion i got, Intel name will have a big impact in my resume in the future.
No brainer, Intel now. Definitely need to rent a room and leave home but the experience you get is priceless. can't stay at home forever.
kept
post Oct 19 2017, 02:27 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

I got friends commuting from sp to bayan lepas and kulim. Should be no problem if you wanna stay with your parents.

Anyway you should ask this question after Intel offered you the program. Mind you Intel interview is quite tricky haha

Oh for Intel GTP, salary RM3k++ depend whether you are first or second class grad.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0105sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:53 PM