Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Enquiries/Recommendations Should I try getting a MSI laptop through Amazon?

views

TSIzzatuw
post Oct 15 2017, 10:37 PM, updated 7y ago

1 posts

Hi, just want to know if it's worth the hassle trying to get this MSI laptop through Amazon. I've personally never tried buying from Amazon so I have zero experience with it however considering MSI's or Malaysia's overall lack luster variety of gaming laptops compared to US this does seem tempting enough/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V4QB3...=A15EHDQVYNLON8

Even if you check MSI's official Malaysia online store there cheapest GE raider variant with a 1060 costs RM7000~

I've also checked around local stores and so far the only models for the GE Raider they have only include a 1060, however I'm personally looking for a 1070 variant which is becoming relatively scarce here.

I would like to know if anyone has any first hand experience in buying from Amazon. If you have how long does it usually take for something to ship and if there are any huge additional charges on top of the costs up front.

titanmelvin
post Oct 16 2017, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

"My Macbook is subject to 6% GST and will require a SIRIM approval as I was importing a wireless device. The Customs Clearance forwarded me the necessary and pre-filled (thank goodness!) airway bill, SIRIM K1 form, and the email address of the SIRIM officer to forward them to.

SIRIM was top-notch here. Everything was done via email (even more forms, copy of IC, Amazon invoice, my Macbook’s technical specs), and although they did overlook my application (yes, I called to check), I received my SIRIM approval in 2 days instead of the usual 24 hours. Isn’t that impressive?
The approval was immediately sent to the Customs Clearance team, who immediately proceeded to claim my laptop from Customs.
My SIRIM approval cost me an additional RM106 (including GST)."

Credit https://www.onceoverlightly.com/macbook-pro-from-amazon/
Pharamain
post Oct 19 2017, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(Izzatuw @ Oct 15 2017, 10:37 PM)
Hi, just want to know if it's worth the hassle trying to get this MSI laptop through Amazon. I've personally never tried buying from Amazon so I have zero experience with it however considering MSI's or Malaysia's overall lack luster variety of gaming laptops compared to US this does seem tempting enough/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V4QB3...=A15EHDQVYNLON8

Even if you check MSI's official Malaysia online store there cheapest GE raider variant with a 1060 costs RM7000~

I've also checked around local stores and so far the only models for the GE Raider they have only include a 1060, however I'm personally looking for a 1070 variant which is becoming relatively scarce here.

I would like to know if anyone has any first hand experience in buying from Amazon. If you have how long does it usually take for something to ship and if there are any huge additional charges on top of the costs up front.
Are you currently living in US? if your in malaysia better buy at the authorize shop.
Edward_Ng
post Oct 19 2017, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

wow, that spec though. Nice
gumanji
post Oct 19 2017, 11:47 AM

6 posts

this spec not available in the brand new MSI store? Biggest, it seems haha
IncredibleNano
post Oct 19 2017, 11:52 PM

Casual
328 posts

Seems like a good idea to get from Amazon but if you have problems, you will most probably have to bear the costs of repairs. MSI Malaysia is offering 2 years warranty but not sure if they will cover your overseas unit.
titanmelvin
post Oct 20 2017, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

MSI got 1 year global warranty. A lot of other brands have as well

Global Warranty period : 1 year base-on purchase date.
2 year Limited warranty (Include 1 Year Global) on most models.
1 year Limited warranty (Include 1 Year Global) on select models.

*Please check with seller
crumpetss
post Oct 29 2017, 01:46 AM

dummie
523 posts

better get from local, nanti mau rma mafan af

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:41 AM