260 Pages « < 245 246 247 248 249 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Discussion Thread V11, Let celebrate V11

views

t3n
post Jun 13 2019, 10:56 AM

Regular
1,418 posts

QUOTE(NoobHacker @ Jun 13 2019, 10:40 AM)
same here. sadly, my camera and fingerprint dies together. I suspect the battery was bloated and the connections are lost. However, samsung SC tells me more likely to be motherboard issue. Today is second day of the inspection, they charge rm30 for full inspection.
Awww.. mine only battery problem.. change new phone la haha
Landmarkyap
post Jun 13 2019, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,608 posts

QUOTE(t3n @ Jun 13 2019, 10:56 AM)
Better go to change new battery
NoobHacker
post Jun 13 2019, 12:23 PM

Regular
1,728 posts

QUOTE(t3n @ Jun 13 2019, 10:56 AM)
lost faith in samsung phone. my note3 was having GPS issues, but it lasted until I can't find replacement battery. Flashed third party android Pie rom and running flawlessly.

I bought this because i m university student and take freelance project frequently. This was the phone I bought with my first self-earned money. I buy it because the GPS issues on note 3 makes me cannot navigate properly to deal with business.

Also went few countries with it.

Love it so far, less bezel, good camera, good battery, then it suddenly dead. doh.gif

Thinking of jumping to fruit phone hmm.gif was looking good in huawei phones but sadly, the bans. s10+ is having a lot of complaints in reddit.
TrollNoob
post Jun 13 2019, 12:53 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(NoobHacker @ Jun 13 2019, 12:23 PM)
lost faith in samsung phone. my note3 was having GPS issues, but it lasted until I can't find replacement battery. Flashed third party android Pie rom and running flawlessly.

I bought this because i m university student and take freelance project frequently. This was the phone I bought with my first self-earned money. I buy it because the GPS issues on note 3 makes me cannot navigate properly to deal with business.

Also went few countries with it.

Love it so far, less bezel, good camera, good battery, then it suddenly dead. doh.gif

Thinking of jumping to fruit phone  hmm.gif was looking good in huawei phones but sadly, the bans. s10+ is having a lot of complaints in reddit.
What are the complaints?

Fed up of constant hang with my ip6 as well. Thinking of jumping back.
NoobHacker
post Jun 13 2019, 02:16 PM

Regular
1,728 posts

QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Jun 13 2019, 12:53 PM)
What are the complaints?

Fed up of constant hang with my ip6 as well. Thinking of jumping back.
since you ask so this will likely a rant post, just my personal opinion:

1. multiple accounts and bixby: why i spend so much money and there is two assistant in my phone? the bixby is the laggest thing in the phone ever. all the animations. there is a dedicated button for it. this is the natural of android business model. Also, samsung account and google account. There are always cases like samsung and google trying to help me to fill forms.

2. updates: apple provides really long update. i think s8 receive no more update than android pie. My update still stuck at February i don't know why.

3. My dad owned s3, s4, and i owned note3, note8. All of them had issues. S3,S4 is like getting slower and slower at the end fail to charge and overheated. My s8 just dead completely with camera and fingerprint scanner. My note3 still runs, but changing battery frequently until there is no more stock left.

most people change their phone very frequently and you won't see they mentioning all these issue. I'm not sure I'm just unlucky to get so many bad units in a row. There are also few reddittors mentioning their s8 is dead like mine, at this moment of time.

You still see many old iphone running around. even their charger is almost overkilled design with high quality & multistage components. they are really designed to last.

4. Android store: china apps are like gangster (this word is described by mainland people), request camera, contacts, everything or else don't let u use it. I have to manage myself, put it in isolated environment, sleep it when not in use etc. While apple store did all these for you.

5. slow / inaccurate fingerprint on s10+. People say just use face authorization but in that case i will just go apple which is more superior. i really prefer on table usage though.

6. privacy. many times my friends and i discuss something never mentioned in messengers, then facebook ads pop up. For example, I'm just university student and we occasionally discuss about kids and pampers, then those pop up. Even worst, i bought something from taobao and they gave me mask and free gift so i try it lol, then i ordered a few back in 2017. recently i was free and i give it a try, you know what, facebook ads pops out SK II ads. I don't know if apple sells my data behind but at least no obvious to this extend.

7. IDK if apple got such issue but my waze always uh oh or GPS not found even already driving for 2 minutes. Badly designed program flow.

8. I like apple font since ipod touch first gen. android font are quite inconsistent. also animations smoothness i think apple still the king since first ipod touch.

What thing i will miss about android is

1. streaming lossless in my car audio: apple force me to convert to mp3.
2. on-table unlock: apple needs to see my face, not just put my fingers and done.
3. I think apple bezel is larger than competitor for now. Camera too.
4. s10+ only 175gram. apple 200+ grams. I always wear soft pants so it matters.
5. I think my s8 installs update very very quickly. Apple update takes some time iirc.
6. huawei/samsung battery lasts longer for now, but i dont see the point if their hardware degrade quickly.

at this trend, i think next iphone will even more expensive. last time people buy cars, buy luxury bags, now its all driven with these technological stuff. It's a good thing tho, so we can enjoy cheaper ssd, cheaper screens, but i really need to think carefully when spending money into these luxury trend.

what makes you want to turn back to samsung? Edit: what. you mean the entire os hang? have you done a reset?

This post has been edited by NoobHacker: Jun 13 2019, 02:17 PM
dannydanny
post Jun 14 2019, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

new update rolling out.........today
4WD_er
post Jun 14 2019, 01:54 PM

Casual
459 posts

New update still do not have digital wellbeing, haiz sad.gif
PJng
post Jun 14 2019, 02:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,545 posts

QUOTE(4WD_er @ Jun 14 2019, 01:54 PM)
New update still do not have digital wellbeing, haiz sad.gif
As i know only available on one ui 1.1
S8 is 1.0?
Landmarkyap
post Jun 14 2019, 04:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,608 posts

QUOTE(t3n @ Jun 11 2019, 07:26 PM)
My s8 battery just went from 15% to 0% in less than 3mins!! Is it a sign of battery replacement?
Yes, it's time for change new battery
Boy96
post Jun 16 2019, 02:46 AM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

user posted image

Latest update got new charging animation
culain99
post Jun 19 2019, 05:26 PM

-----
733 posts

How much replace S8 front glass from local repair shop? Lcd is ok

Landmarkyap
post Jun 19 2019, 05:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,608 posts

QUOTE(culain99 @ Jun 19 2019, 05:26 PM)
How much replace S8 front glass from local repair shop? Lcd is ok
Try ask quotation here
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4776128

This post has been edited by Landmarkyap: Jun 19 2019, 05:36 PM
andrekua2
post Jun 20 2019, 07:57 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,491 posts

QUOTE(NoobHacker @ Jun 13 2019, 02:16 PM)
since you ask so this will likely a rant post, just my personal opinion:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Of course S3, S4 would lag after sometimes. That was during the period where Android is changing massively. The ram was not enough in the first place and with subsequent updates, it got so bad that it ends up hogging all the ram with samsung bloatware even before launching any app. S3 and Note2 was my last devices from Samsung because I could feel they are getting nowhere. The first time Android and especially Samsung saw any improvement was with S6 (S6edge). Yeah, they removed the expandable storage but they included the high speed internal storage for the very first time (for Android) and the difference is night and day compared to previous Android devices. My mom still using the phone right now after I upgraded again to S8. I'm still using my S8 despite having bought a S9+.

Android has come a long way and I would say there is very little difference between Android and iOS nowadays. Apple though do still have the upper hand when it comes to raw processing power from their custom A series SoC. As for battery, I think if you are used to those removable batteries in the old phones, you will find that newer phones with internal batteries has much more consistency and would last for much longer. My S6e which I gave to my mom is still working fine despite the degraded battery. The same thing with my S8 as well. Their uptime was not impressive but at least they dont turn off unexpectedly like those day, nor do they fluctuate between 80% and suddenly drop to 0%.

I did skipped S10 because I think Samsung has taken away too many things away from the phone. I disliked they are slow with their custom SoC and it ended with a massive lag behind S855 in benchmarks due to them using an older cpu architecture. I also disliked that they took away the iris scanner. I also disliked that it basically the same design iterations since S6edge despite the almost bezel-less (Im not a fan of bezel-less anyway). Why do I stick with Samsung? I think it has the best after sales services. It is indeed a major factor affecting my purchase decision. Secondly would be its familiar user interface. I dont really know why others are following iPhone phonebook design because I think it really sucks having to click the name in order to get the small call/sms button. You just have to slide on the name with a Samsung phone and a call/sms will be executed.
NXaqua
post Jun 23 2019, 06:50 PM

Enthusiast
914 posts

Hi guys,

Need your advice on HDMI cable.

I need a cable to link my S8 with my car HDMI port.
Googled and found USB Type C to HDMI ( Promate brand ).

Can it be use ?

I need to mirror my app like Waze to my Subaru XV.

Thanks.

Boy96
post Jun 24 2019, 11:18 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Seems like after this latest update, charging with Huawei adapter and supercharger cable, the phone will show Fast Charging, before this only Cable Charging..
sacremento
post Jun 26 2019, 01:26 AM

Cloud Surfer
877 posts

Not sure why but im not able to update apps from galaxy store after the recent software update. Anyone facing same issue?
Landmarkyap
post Jun 26 2019, 01:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,608 posts

QUOTE(NXaqua @ Jun 23 2019, 06:50 PM)
Hi guys,

Need your advice on HDMI cable.

I need a cable to link my S8 with my car HDMI port.
Googled and found USB Type C to HDMI ( Promate brand ).

Can it be use ?

I need to mirror my app like Waze to my Subaru XV.

Thanks.
Can check with All IT stores n ask the tech guys consultation
Landmarkyap
post Jun 26 2019, 01:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,608 posts

QUOTE(sacremento @ Jun 26 2019, 01:26 AM)
Not sure why but im not able to update apps from galaxy store after the recent software update. Anyone facing same issue?
After updated try to restart phone

This post has been edited by Landmarkyap: Jun 26 2019, 01:32 AM
h@RT3r
post Jul 10 2019, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

July 2019 security patch is out...
jrrsim
post Jul 15 2019, 07:46 AM

Armchair Expert #007
621 posts

QUOTE(h@RT3r @ Jul 10 2019, 10:19 PM)
July 2019 security patch is out...
is this the first security patch we are getting in the same month?

260 Pages « < 245 246 247 248 249 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:01 PM