Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> IT fresh graduate and my first job offer, Please give me some advice :(

raymondha
post Yesterday, 08:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

buddy, high pay high workload and u are fresh, dont expect too much. u should use the OT to brush up ur skill ... by the way, dont really believe what interviewer said .
cire2
post Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(mylifeisgoingdown @ Oct 17 2017, 01:36 AM)
People like you is the reason why Chinaman company exists. Everyone has different ideal about their working life. It's just like some people always think that migrating out of Malaysia is so much better and they don't understand why would people want to stay in Malaysia. The thing is not everyone thinks the same like you and not everyone wants the same thing as you do. I would suggest you to change your mindset that everyone should agree with your opinion and learn from you.

As an IT manager working in a MNC company, I thought you should have been more open-minded and willing to listen to other people's opinion, even if they are conflicting with yours. But instead you decided to express your frustration at them just because other people don't think the same way like you do.

Always remember one thing, you will never get to decide if a person fails or succeed in their life. Just because they don't make the same decision like you do, it doesn't mean you will be more successful than them. Cheers and may you grow to be a wise manager.
This fresh grad is going somewhere. You are clear on your stand and would not let others, especially old timers who love to use their seniority status to bend things to their will, telling you otherwise. I wish I was this firm like you when I was a fresh grad myself. I can't give my opinion on your situation as I am not in the IT field but i am positive you will be doing fine wherever you are. Good luck TS.
genryou
post Yesterday, 05:23 PM

If I were still a fresh grad like you, I would have choose company B.

Main reason? Near to your house.

The biggest blunder of my first career is picking a job in which I have to commute almost 1 hour and half travel time to the office

1h30 go to work + 1h30 back from work = 3 hours of time wasted just to commute, not to mention the amount of money I have to spend on petrol (no tolls)

Nowadays, the company I work with is only 5 minutes away from my house.
My petrol every month is only RM 30, and I have a lot of extra time to spend (study, rest, eat, dating, etc) instead of being stuck on a traffic.

All in all, don't go for a job which will put accumulated and unnecessary / unneeded stress which is not related to your work task (stress due to stuck on traffic, stress due to petrol and tolls price hike, stress due to no parking, etc2)

This post has been edited by genryou: Yesterday, 05:24 PM
poooky
post Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Getting Started

Go company b n don't look back. Higher pay, less work/stress n nearer to home.

Dun go cainamang company. Doing more doesnt equate to learning more. Most times its dealing with tedious crap or sht jobs that no one else wants to do.

Moving on will depend on ur own learning n how well u play the game.
hiroshi87
post Yesterday, 06:30 PM

Getting Started

i am in IT field. starting as an IT helpdesk and now as an IT consultant/architect. as long as u r willing to sacrifice time and effort to learn, nothing will stop u. i mostly do self study to get my professional certs. save tons of money.

This post has been edited by hiroshi87: Yesterday, 06:30 PM
xpole
post Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Personal satisfaction
Group: Senior Member

WOW, Petronas take Fresh Grads nowadays?

I have 3 cousins and 1 in law working in Petronas.

1 of them working in HR dept, she said, nowadays Petronas only take experienced people.
If offer job for fresh grad mostly comes from student under Petronas scholarship.

I guess for IT Petronas is different i guess. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by xpole: Yesterday, 08:05 PM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0599sec    2.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:27 AM