Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Diploma Changing Course To Different Field, TARUC (University)

desmondlee95
post Oct 12 2017, 11:16 PM, updated 7d ago

Group: Newbie

Hi all sifu...

tarc student here..

just graduated diploma in mechatronics.. did degree year 2 sem 1 thinking not suitable for me.. was planning to change to IT courses.. so email to other faculty and ask about the information of transferring faculty/course. It allows me to take degree year 1 which basically 3 years for me to complete degree in IT same duration for i did degree in mechatronics.

But before i enroll in to degree year 1 in IT it want me to sit SQT (SPECIAL QUALIFY TEST ).. from what i know is that SQT is for diploma holder that below CGPA 2.500 however my cgpa was over 2.500 and
i have to pass the SQT only i can enroll into degree year 1. I was curious that since degree year 1 basically learn everything from diploma in IT in 1 year. I was wondering what SQT questions would be. I have email them regarding if my cgpa was over 2.500 will be i exempt from taking SQT since im from other faculty/courses.

Any SIFU or Ex-Tarcian here. NEED HELP sad.gif
aBcD-|
post Oct 14 2017, 02:21 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

You don’t have credits transfer, that why you will start from year 1 instead of year 2.

As far as I concern, the test was given to candidates who has cgpa lower than 2.5, if they managed to pass the test, they get credits transfer (straight to year 2). Otherwise, stay in year 1 like freshmen.

I’m not sure what questions might be asked, but I know that general IT courses only required a diploma to get qualified. There is no point for you to attend the test, I give you 2 reasons below.
Questions are likely designed in IT related for diploma holder <2.5 (how can they asked someone from other field to answer such questions?)
Even you COULD, you still be year 1 student, there is no way few hours of tests gonna get you to year 2.

Your cgpa won’t be matter as what you have learnt in your diploma is different from current IT course structure. (My first point)

Talk to admission department, if it doesn’t work, reach the programme leader.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0583sec    4.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:49 AM