Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Raw Beef Bones, Any supermarkets carrying it?

lowlowc
post Oct 9 2017, 11:07 AM, updated 6d ago

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi, I used to buy local beef and bones from Giant Shah Alam. There was a stall there with a fresh cow leg hanging there. But I think it ceased already since my last two visit, I didn't see the stall anymore.

Any other supermarkets have local beef bones on their rack? PJ area, since I don't work in Shah Alam anymore. Drooling just to think of homemade beef bone broth. drool.gif

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Oct 9 2017, 11:22 AM
popopi
post Oct 9 2017, 11:25 AM

Casual

May I know what is the purpose for the bone? to cook sup stock?
lowlowc
post Oct 9 2017, 11:26 AM

Casual

QUOTE(popopi @ Oct 9 2017, 11:25 AM)
May I know what is the purpose for the bone? to cook sup stock?
Yup. Then freeze part of them for future use.
popopi
post Oct 9 2017, 12:44 PM

Casual

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 9 2017, 11:26 AM)
Yup. Then freeze part of them for future use.
Can share your recipe?
the bone price how much? by KG?
sohailayhun
post Oct 9 2017, 06:25 PM

Nsk got
lowlowc
post Oct 9 2017, 08:58 PM

Casual

QUOTE(popopi @ Oct 9 2017, 12:44 PM)
Can share your recipe?
the bone price how much? by KG?
The broth is meant as stock for my chinese style cooking/soup, not the usual sup tulang. So basically it needs only the bones and water. Later you can use them to cook or make into proper soup by adding other ingredients. I always agak-agak with the amount, as long as enough to pile 2 layers in my slow cooker.

Must ingredients:

Beef bone or other meat bones
Water

Optional:
Salt
Very little coarse black pepper
Big onions or carrots (but these will limit the taste when you wish to cook other type of soup later)

Add both into slow cooker and boil. Use spoon/skimmer to skim out the 'dirts'. Put into slow mode and simmer for a few hours until the color turns and it taste briny. Usually I put 4-5 hours. Some people put it longer for better taste.

For keeping, cool it. Then separate into few batches into glass or stainless steel container, freeze them.

Another modification is to roast the bones in oven first, then add into water to boil.

QUOTE(sohailayhun @ Oct 9 2017, 06:25 PM)
Nsk got
Thanks but most NSK are concentrated at SA and Klang area.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Oct 9 2017, 09:02 PM
wshazi
post Oct 11 2017, 02:08 PM

Go normal pasar tani, find stall that sell meat. Normally they do have bones as well
popopi
post Oct 12 2017, 11:41 AM

Casual

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 9 2017, 08:58 PM)
The broth is meant as stock for my chinese style cooking/soup, not the usual sup tulang. So basically it needs only the bones and water. Later you can use them to cook or make into proper soup by adding other ingredients. I always agak-agak with the amount, as long as enough to pile 2 layers in my slow cooker.

Must ingredients:

Beef bone or other meat bones
Water

Optional:
Salt
Very little coarse black pepper
Big onions or carrots (but these will limit the taste when you wish to cook other type of soup later)

Add both into slow cooker and boil. Use spoon/skimmer to skim out the 'dirts'. Put into slow mode and simmer for a few hours until the color turns and it taste briny. Usually I put 4-5 hours. Some people put it longer for better taste.

For keeping, cool it. Then separate into few batches into glass or stainless steel container, freeze them.

Another modification is to roast the bones in oven first, then add into water to boil.
Thanks but most NSK are concentrated at SA and Klang area.
Thanks alot for the recipe.. slow cooker style nice nice...
yea, from my cooking.. when called for stock. I just put water... and since u have this recipe.. I can use to replace the water.... better.... thumbup.gif
sohailayhun
post Oct 12 2017, 06:46 PM

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 9 2017, 11:07 AM)
Hi, I used to buy local beef and bones from Giant Shah Alam. There was a stall there with a fresh cow leg hanging there. But I think it ceased already since my last two visit, I didn't see the stall anymore.

Any other supermarkets have local beef bones on their rack? PJ area, since I don't work in Shah Alam anymore. Drooling just to think of homemade beef bone broth.  drool.gif
If u want I can get beef neckbone for u by the ctn.
lowlowc
post Oct 14 2017, 10:30 AM

Casual

QUOTE(sohailayhun @ Oct 12 2017, 06:46 PM)
If u want I can get beef neckbone for u by the ctn.
One ctn?? That's too much. I only make the broth once in a while. Most of my family and friends don't eat beef, so I can't share.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0334sec    3.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:24 AM