Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Galaxy Note 8 or Iphone X

views

Savor_Savvy
post Nov 23 2017, 11:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Oct 18 2017, 04:23 PM)
I prefer quality and long lasting phone.

There you have it. IphoneX.
Update:
My latest statement, go for the N8, because I am an owner now. Productivity, price vs performance ratio all point back to N8 as the more affordable one among the two.
vhs1
post Nov 25 2017, 09:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,577 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Nov 22 2017, 05:45 PM)
Iris scanner can also be fooled but then everything can be fooled.

So what I did was, sign in using finger print. Sign into Secure Folder only by Iris scanner. So double "lock"  smile.gif
Thanks. For the info
IncredibleNano
post Nov 26 2017, 02:42 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(ardhanharry @ Nov 25 2017, 02:47 PM)
I would go for note 8, look better and comfy to hold.
Note 8 is more comfy to hold but I think the FE is actually more comfortable to hold than the 8. Of course, that's last gen hardware
mynewsin
post Dec 6 2017, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Recently i also struggle between note 8 and iphone x. i ended up choose note8. I choose note 8 due to i was samsung user. so note8 i will be more familiar to get hand on. I heard alot ppl complaining about samsung will be lag after few year. Personally never experience that lag before. I think it depend on user on how to use the phone.
Theoutspokenguy
post Dec 7 2017, 08:10 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

I choose note 8 over iPhone X.

Arvinaaaaa
post Dec 21 2017, 09:34 AM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

QUOTE(Reverence @ Oct 8 2017, 06:13 AM)
I have the same dilemma as well. Note 8 looks absolutely gorgeous and it also has expandable storage. The iPhone X has an ugly notch but amazing speakers compared to the Note 8's mono speaker.

Galaxy Note 8 Pros:

- Simply gorgeous design
- Expendable Storage
- Beautiful screen
- S-pen (if you're even into it)
- Fast charging feature will be included out of the box just as all flagship Android phones.
- Touch ID still in place
- Great camera
- Good battery life
- Headphone jack
- Wireless Charging

Apple's iPhone X Pros:

- A Super AMOLED display at last
- The A11 Bionic chip rivals even that of a MacBook (basic).
- iOS is the definition of simplicity at it's finest
- Great dual speakers
- Face ID
- Animoji
- Fast charging
- Great camera
- Wireless Charging
- Constant software updates

Galaxy Note 8 cons:

- Crap mono speaker (quite a big deal for me)
- Non stock Android phones are infamous for bloatwares. You have to know how to turn them off manually or your phone will gradually slow down.
- Price. The note 8 isn't even 5% increase in performance in comparison to it's sisters the S8 and S8+. It's only a tiny bit larger than the S8+. You're basically paying 800 dollars more for an S-Pen and it's features.
- Crappy touch ID design and placement.

Apple's iPhone X cons:

- Disgusting looking notch. For a premium price phone, that's quite unacceptable in my opinion.
- iOS customization. iOS is clean and bloatware free but you're limited in customization as a trade off.
- Fast charging feature is not available out of the box. You have to buy their adapter separately or use your MacBook's if you already have one.
- Price. You're gonna fork out at least RM5000 for this device. That's not including the accessories that you will want to have like charger and phone protection.
- Lightning cable. Apple being Apple. Still too stubborn to switch the more mainstream and powerful cable (USB Type C) so they can milk out more sales from adapters.
- Face ID is still quite a young technology so it can be quite iffy. It failed to function during launch day which is pretty embarrassing for Apple.
- No headphone jack
TL;DR

My heart tells me I should get the Note 8 because it looks stunning AF but I'm not too sure if I want to pay 800 dollars more when S8+ is 90% of the same thing with crap speaker. My head tells me I should get the iPhone X because it's an iPhone. Everyone knows an iPhone has a good resale value, not to mention it's A11 Bionic chip is freaking 2 generations ahead of the most powerful Android processors of today.

My advice to you is.... if money truly isn't an issue to you and you want longevity, get the iPhone X. To this day Apple still provides iOS support for the iPhone 4S. Don't like iOS or frustrated with Face ID? Sell the X and get the Note 8, or go for the Pixel XL 2 for pure Android experience.

Just my two cents.
Both also very good phones tbh.. i have been using the ipx and i have to say no regrets so far..colleague using note 8 and he got no regrets so far

Hmmmmm
malik228
post Dec 21 2017, 03:28 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(christinajoe @ Dec 21 2017, 09:31 AM)
Me too.
But why not you try to join contest from celcom ?
So if youre lucky. You can get iphone x for free babe.
I also join this contest. Just want to get Iphone X for free only. Hehe.
Bcz if want to buy by own money. Its so expensive ohh. Haha.
Not a easy job to win bro.....
Only one iphone X and many participants. How small the chance is
But at least if join in can get a little stuff also not bad at all
NancyK
post Dec 21 2017, 04:35 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(Arvinaaaaa @ Dec 21 2017, 09:34 AM)
Both also very good phones tbh.. i have been using the ipx and i have to say no regrets so far..colleague using note 8 and he got no regrets so far

Hmmmmm
OMG you make me feel like purchasing iphone x as christmas present for myself nod.gif previously using iphone so it's more attractive to me compare the one that i din try before
MistineMK
post Dec 21 2017, 04:40 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(malik228 @ Dec 21 2017, 03:28 PM)
Not a easy job to win bro.....
Only one iphone X and many participants. How small the chance is
But at least if join in can get a little stuff also not bad at all
i heard the prize not only iphone x, they have samsung nova2, flying drone and many others. maybe many ppl join but then the prize also quite many icon_rolleyes.gif maybe can try for it
Melane1234
post Dec 21 2017, 04:44 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(IncredibleNano @ Nov 26 2017, 02:42 PM)
Note 8 is more comfy to hold but I think the FE is actually more comfortable to hold than the 8. Of course, that's last gen hardware
S8 also can be a choice...The specs is almost near
The last gen modified phone, so i think it's a bit overpriced.
abg sia
post Dec 21 2017, 05:01 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(NancyK @ Dec 21 2017, 04:35 PM)
OMG you make me feel like purchasing iphone x as christmas present for myself nod.gif previously using iphone so it's more attractive to me compare the one that i din try before
Not they have mentioned a contest giving away a iphone X?
Go try and see if you lucky or not lorr..
MistineMK
post Dec 22 2017, 11:19 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Kapalwen @ Dec 22 2017, 11:07 PM)
huawei nova 2 also good choice nod.gif  how to join the contest? any details?
now only i realise i wrongly wrote ohmy.gif its very easy to join! just go to pavilion and take photo creatively with the celcom deco then upload the photo into instagram and tag celcom with #TGIFwithCELCOM. dun forget to follow celcom insta page and make your profile public
MistineMK
post Dec 22 2017, 11:22 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(abg sia @ Dec 21 2017, 05:01 PM)
Not they have mentioned a contest giving away a iphone X?
Go try and see if you lucky or not lorr..
i joined it too!!! hopefully i can be the winner to get the iphone x as my christmas present rclxms.gif dun miss the chance and its easy to join
mellene12
post Dec 22 2017, 11:55 PM

4 posts

This contest which giving away many prizes from Celcom I think is going to end very soon...Because it is a Christmas festive contest....
So need to be quick and I think it is going to ends today or tommorow
IncredibleNano
post Dec 23 2017, 12:57 PM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Melane1234 @ Dec 21 2017, 04:44 PM)
S8 also can be a choice...The specs is almost near
The last gen modified phone, so i think it's a bit overpriced.
I think it's okay. 2299 now, cheaper than Note 5 already laugh.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:44 AM