Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[Blog] Lowya's Q&A Corner - Ask me Anything (AMA), Anything under the sky and moon.

views

ViktorJ
post Nov 22 2018, 09:33 PM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

Hey this seems fun! I'm going to get blocked for spamming, but eh what the heck. A lot of topics below, because I got bored while waiting for a concall, but please do answer each section separately. Space out the goodness, so it won't get boring for you and your readers I suppose.

Beer Promoter Incident

Do you think that Edi Rejang should be let off just because he apologized? (Let us assume that in the future, he meets with Beer Promoter Girl and they shake hands and yamchar and all that)

Should we not use this as an opportunity to demonstrate that Malaysia Baru is moderate, progressive, and intolerant of blatant racial abuse?

Me on Beer Promoter Incident:

- I enjoyed reading and listening to people speculate about this incident being a political plot. Plausible, but I think it was just a case of a guy who wanted to let off steam and show how 'pandai' he is by doing what he did (criticism of openly promoting alcohol in a location that is very public, in a Muslim country, showing her who is 'boss', demonstrate her lack of national language mastery, videoing the entire incident). All he accomplished was "tered backfired, TS bodo".
- Although explosively sensitive, I would use this opportunity to highlight the inappropriateness of his actions. It was great he went on record to uh insaf. Hopefully (hah) this would open the minds of the ultra conservatives. Or at least make them question.

===============

Automobile

2014 Lexus GS 350
or
2018 VW Passat 2.0 Highline

<RM200k

================

Finance/Economics

An often heard phrase nowadays is "bear market inkambing, 2019 will a year that is as hard as a diamond". Eh, I'm paraphrasing.

Is the cyclical 10 year just a myth? Is the US-China trade war going to escalate? Is the specter of QE forever haunting our portfolios? Is the protracted property glut in Malaysia going to have a knock-on effect in other industries/overall Malaysian valuation?

Me on the current economic/financial situation:

- It sounds like a pretty passive portfolio that is full of funds/ETF long on government bonds and staples is the way to go for me at least. I am in fact holding up to 40% cash (equivalent). Because I am an indecisive idiot.
- I have been looking at EMs like our ASEAN friends, plus India, but still a lot of homework to do. I have also been eyeing pharmaceuticals but holy shit am I lost with all the jargon. Any particular sector/industry/country that seem to excite you?

================

Wine

Is more expensive wine the better wine? What is your favourite?

================

Riddle: The King

The noblest, bestest, fairest (white power!), and knightiest of all the knights in the realm was sent on a quest. After a perilous journey past oceans, philistines, crocodiles and bigots, he finally made it to the Oracle.

The Oracle says to the knight "One day, you will be King!".

The Knight returns to the kingdom, brushed aside adoring fans of all genders, shapes and sizes to have an audience with the the King. And so the King asked "So what did the Oracle say?"

What should the Knight answer?

SUSlowya
post Nov 22 2018, 10:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Nov 22 2018, 09:33 PM)
Do you think that Edi Rejang should be let off just because he apologized? (Let us assume that in the future, he meets with Beer Promoter Girl and they shake hands and yamchar and all that)
racial abuse?
Yes, assuming he is a pre-schooler in kindergarten.

Should we not use this as an opportunity to demonstrate that Malaysia Baru is moderate, progressive, and intolerant of blatant racial abuse?
Yes, assuming we don't need rule of law and accept racism to be a common thing in the country.

- Although explosively sensitive, I would use this opportunity to highlight the inappropriateness of his actions. It was great he went on record to uh insaf. Hopefully (hah) this would open the minds of the ultra conservatives. Or at least make them question.racial abuse?
apologize and insaf is 2 entirely different thing that some could not understand for some (perhaps religious) reason.

Automobile

2014 Lexus GS 350
or
2018 VW Passat 2.0 Highline

<RM200kabuse?
pick the later if you prefer new leather smells, adjust according to your pride/wealth ratio liking.

Is the cyclical 10 year just a myth? Is the US-China trade war going to escalate? Is the specter of QE forever haunting our portfolios? Is the protracted property glut in Malaysia going to have a knock-on effect in other industries/overall Malaysian valuation?

Any particular sector/industry/country that seem to excite you?
trade war will end, but until that happens better to ask if at current federal fund rate will continues it's uptrend, in the mean time ask whether would money exit equity and enter risk adverse instruments like bond/fd.

currently cash with guarantee earning excites me, for recession proof it has to be forex/futures trading if you know what you are doing.

Wine

Is more expensive wine the better wine? What is your favourite?
for fermented beverage, i go for apple cider vinegar. yes, weird but it does the same job as wine in terms of healthiness. I admit i lack of taste and sorry to let you down.

Riddle: The King

The noblest, bestest, fairest (white power!), and knightiest of all the knights in the realm was sent on a quest. After a perilous journey past oceans, philistines, crocodiles and bigots, he finally made it to the Oracle.

The Oracle says to the knight "One day, you will be King!".

The Knight returns to the kingdom, brushed aside adoring fans of all genders, shapes and sizes to have an audience with the the King. And so the King asked "So what did the Oracle say?"

What should the Knight answer?
The noble Knight went on replying: "I have killed the mole who attempted to dethrone you, Your Highness."

------

btw, you have just earned yourself the best questioner of the month. rclxms.gif Congrats!

This post has been edited by lowya: Nov 22 2018, 10:03 PM
ViktorJ
post Nov 22 2018, 10:20 PM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 22 2018, 10:01 PM)
apologize and insaf is 2 entirely different thing that some could not understand for some (perhaps religious) reason.
Eh, you are right, I don't actually know what is really going through his head.
currently cash with guarantee earning excites me, for recession proof it has to be forex/futures trading if you know what you are doing.
No bloody clue. Forex has always been a major weak point.
for fermented beverage, i go for apple cider vinegar.
user posted image
WITH THE MOTHER tehehhe

Actually I wanted to address the (supposed) correlation between enjoyment and perceived value. Don't address this! Let me ask again next time!

The noble Knight went on replying: "I have killed the mole who attempted to dethrone you, Your Highness."
user posted image

btw, you have just earned yourself the best questioner of the month.  rclxms.gif Congrats!
Yay! Lain kali give big big star!
See you in December!

SUSlowya
post Nov 25 2018, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

Replying a post in Gf ask me to buy a car
QUOTE(jejaktrend @ Nov 25 2018, 02:18 PM)
Women can't think logically in general? Last time we go date use lrt ok, I now enjoying riding a moto to work ok, I fetch her home ok, if raining don't depart or use rain coat I'm ok, everything ok and I'm happy without a car coz i don't need it..

now gf ask me when can I get a car, I can easily afford it, in fact an axia using cash no problem but why should I buy a car then put it there collecting dust?  I try to explain to her but she insist car is important oh may gawd.. why? In case she pregnant I need to bring her to hospital to give birth but now we are not even married, logic, I need logic and rational reason
Q: now gf ask me when can I get a car
A: when i get a new gf that never ask me that question..

logic and rational - your spending lifestyle cannot satisfy her pride, find another one that fits better. Need not worry, often fools are the one that need pride to be satisfied first before everything else.

there are plenty of better fish to catch in the ocean.
will4848
post Nov 25 2018, 04:14 PM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 15 2018, 11:50 AM)
Replying to The biggest issue in this world is religion.
when your heart stops pumping, the body cells will deprive of oxygen and nutrients, after cells run out of food, they will starts to decompose, and your neurons stops transmissions hence your memory of this life will vanish just like that, soon after that worms and bacteria will eat you up completely, and your body disintegrate into compose, back to the nature, and you shall cease to exist. Without all the consciousness and sense during death, why would you worry so much living right now with all the biblical nonsense taking away your life unproductively?
If after death all consciousness gone, no memory, nothing left...
Then according to theory of evolution, so what is evolving ??
SUSlowya
post Nov 25 2018, 04:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Nov 25 2018, 04:14 PM)
If after death all consciousness gone, no memory, nothing left...
Yes, no neuron cells to retain memory, unless you believe you have uploaded your past memories to "god's cloud server"?

QUOTE(will4848 @ Nov 25 2018, 04:14 PM)
Then according to theory of evolution, so what is evolving ??
Haven't you read the theory before asking?

Genetical evolution. for better environment survival adaptation.
will4848
post Nov 25 2018, 04:38 PM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 25 2018, 04:24 PM)
Yes, no neuron cells to retain memory, unless you believe you have uploaded your past memories to "god's cloud server"?

But they still need some "space" to keep the memory. If no neuron cells to retain memory, then how can u know there is a evolution happening ???
U must compare "b4" n "after" ma, right ?

Eg, we can see a plant evolve, from seed they grow bcome plant n slowly they will grow flower on so on...
But we, human ourself, how do we know we evovle from A to B ??
So the different is ...one we can see with our eye bcos we are "outside"
The 2nd one, we are "inside", so how do u know human can evolve without a memory ??
SUSlowya
post Nov 25 2018, 05:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Nov 25 2018, 04:38 PM)
But they still need some "space" to keep the memory. If no neuron cells to retain memory, then how can u know there is a evolution happening ???
U must compare "b4" n "after" ma, right ?

Eg, we can see a plant evolve, from seed they grow bcome plant n slowly they will grow flower on so on...
But we, human ourself, how do we know we evovle from A to B ??
So the different is ...one we can see with our eye bcos we are "outside"
The 2nd one, we are "inside", so how do u know human can evolve without a memory ??
evolution is actually a form of genetic mutation, which is entirely different topic than cognitive memory retention which you got mixed up, such education info is taught in spm/stpm, if you want to know more you can read up further online.
will4848
post Nov 26 2018, 09:10 PM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 25 2018, 05:49 PM)
evolution is actually a form of genetic mutation, which is entirely different topic than cognitive memory retention which you got mixed up, such education info is taught in spm/stpm, if you want to know more you can read up further online.
actually is the same topic .... as u say is genetic mutation, right ?
so, plant evolve, human evolve, bird evolve .....but the basic element of all matter/material is just atom, proton, electron ....
so what is evolving ?? .....if there is no memory/data ??
bcos i do belief there is some kind of "memory/data" left behind if someone die ...
as u say, genetical evolution for better environment survival adaptation, if no memory/data, u cannot compare....
if cannot compare, then how do u know is for better environment survival adaptation ??
SUSlowya
post Nov 27 2018, 07:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Nov 26 2018, 09:10 PM)
so, plant evolve, human evolve, bird evolve .....but the basic element of all matter/material is just atom, proton, electron ....
bcos i do belief there is some kind of "memory/data" left behind if someone die ...
as u say, genetical evolution for better environment survival adaptation, if no memory/data, u cannot compare....
if cannot compare, then how do u know is for better environment survival adaptation ??
So, do you retain any of your ancestors' memory simply by inheriting their genes? Give some example that your remember, otherwise, don't waste time further.
Lionel90
post Nov 27 2018, 10:51 AM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Nov 26 2018, 09:10 PM)
Plants grow, from seed to finally wither; human grows, from birth to death; birds grow, from egg to carcass; not evolve. "Evolution" the scientific term carries far more than meaning you (and myself) seemingly understand. Maybe you should understand the topic first before you ask so that your question is of higher quality.

I'm not expert, but logically thinking, since the environment doesn't change overnight, obviously the evolution doesn't take place overnight. How different your grand x100 kids is from you is the anecdotal evidence that evolution has taken place. Just that you definitely wouldn't be around to see it to believe it.

Obviously, you do leave behind memories after you are dead, but it's stored in the brain of those who share the memories, not passed on. And your genetic data is passed on if you manage to reproduce before your time is up. Any evolution that takes place in you would be passed on to your kids, and they would continue the process.
will4848
post Dec 6 2018, 02:11 PM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Nov 27 2018, 10:51 AM)
Plants grow, from seed to finally wither; human grows, from birth to death; birds grow, from egg to carcass; not evolve. "Evolution" the scientific term carries far more than meaning you (and myself) seemingly understand. Maybe you should understand the topic first before you ask so that your question is of higher quality.

I'm not expert, but logically thinking, since the environment doesn't change overnight, obviously the evolution doesn't take place overnight. How different your grand x100 kids is from you is the anecdotal evidence that evolution has taken place. Just that you definitely wouldn't be around to see it to believe it.

Obviously, you do leave behind memories after you are dead, but it's stored in the brain of those who share the memories, not passed on. And your genetic data is passed on if you manage to reproduce before your time is up. Any evolution that takes place in you would be passed on to your kids, and they would continue the process.
so u say there is 2 type of memory, 1. in the brain 2. genetic memory .

that is what i debating with ts, which he is saying there is nothing left n no memory will left behind

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 25 2018, 04:24 PM)

will4848
post Dec 6 2018, 02:14 PM

UNKNOWN
5,520 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Nov 27 2018, 07:25 AM)
So, do you retain any of your ancestors' memory simply by inheriting their genes? Give some example that your remember, otherwise, don't waste time further.
as i already say, if no memory retain then how they can have "better environment survival adaptation" ?
better means better compare with the previous one .... so they need to keep the previous data ma ...
Lionel90
post Dec 6 2018, 03:29 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(will4848 @ Dec 6 2018, 02:11 PM)
so u say there is 2 type of memory, 1. in the brain 2. genetic memory .

that is what i debating with ts, which he is saying there is nothing left n no memory will left behind

I believe he says memory - as in the one stored in brain - would not be inherited, which is different from "left behind".

I never say anything about genetic memory, I said genes are passed on; if that's memory to you then so be it(?). If you wanna compare I think you can sample DNA from whatever remain of your ancestors and compare against yours.

This post has been edited by Lionel90: Dec 6 2018, 03:31 PM
SUSlowya
post Dec 27 2018, 07:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

user posted image

netizens, get ready your camera and measuring tapes.
SUSlowya
post Dec 28 2018, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(Richkierich @ Dec 21 2018, 09:48 PM)
Hi, are there anyone who can offer some tips to make baby sleep?  It's obvious baby is very tired but looks like keep fighting sleep. Don't wanna drink milk, and get easily frustrated when can't latch.

Last time used to latch and fall asleep, but now, she too frustrated to latch and can't sleep. Anybody has experience before?
It's draining for me and wife as we need to work the next morning
1. check food (milk type, correct type, quantity, etc)

2. check skin (itchiness, pain, rashes etc) use talcum or nappy cream

3. let baby play if he/she not sleepy, don't force

4. use dim moving light to let baby watch till sleep, don't off complete darkness (for some baby)

5. play some soothing repeated rhythm songs, or hum along some familiar song.

6. check for fever or colic / stomach bloating (especially if you mix rice powder with milk)

7. temperature, ideally 23-25 Celsius

8. flip the baby over, adjust position to his comfort, put small pillow on chest if face up position.

hope that helps.

SUSlowya
post Dec 28 2018, 01:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

why i didn't buy Osmo Pocket:

1. angle too narrow
2. can't stand on the table properly
3. no tripod screw
4. focus issue
5. mic location design issue
6. wavey effect due to light weight
7. 360 cam can do better
8. battery replacement problem

why you should buy:

1. good 4k image for it's size
2. stable footage at night
axymax
post Dec 29 2018, 07:17 AM

Getting Started
232 posts

Can I survive retiring at 45yo with 200K saving (5% annual intrest).
1 wife 2 kids.
SUSlowya
post Dec 29 2018, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(axymax @ Dec 29 2018, 07:17 AM)
Can I survive retiring at 45yo with 200K saving (5% annual intrest).
1 wife 2 kids.
not sure where you manage to get the 5% p.a. interest with 200k, if it's bank's FD i would be interested.

at RM833/mth with 4 persons, ofcause it's not sufficient, you and wife have the time, why don't work on something you find interesting, anyone can generate active income more that double the passive income you mentioned.

retirement is actually boring without a goal of retirement, you are only half the journey, why need to retire.
axymax
post Dec 29 2018, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Dec 29 2018, 11:36 AM)
not sure where you manage to get the 5% p.a. interest with 200k, if it's bank's FD i would be interested.

at RM833/mth with 4 persons, ofcause it's not sufficient, you and wife have the time, why don't work on something you find interesting, anyone can generate active income more that double the passive income you mentioned.

retirement is actually boring without a goal of retirement, you are only half the journey, why need to retire.
Actually 'retrenched' is the correct word for it.

Thanks for the advice. Appreaciate it.

17 Pages « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:17 PM