Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

105 Pages « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> P2P financing, A place to talk about P2P financing (Investment)

views

jack2
post Jan 4 2019, 09:32 PM

Mr
Group: All Stars

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Jan 4 2019, 08:49 PM)
Low 4 digit. Yes auto invest
Why the FS App always need to relogin with password.
Bullorbear
post Jan 5 2019, 02:37 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(honsiong @ Jan 4 2019, 01:39 PM)
Look at MoolahSense on seedly reviews
Interesting.. and comparing the reviews on MoolahSense vs Funding Societies.. lol totally different.
https://seedly.sg/reviews/p2p-lending/funding-societies
prince_mk
post Jan 5 2019, 02:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(elea88 @ Jan 3 2019, 10:35 PM)
U want give me FSM SINGPAORE referral code?
okay..pm u.

This post has been edited by prince_mk: Jan 5 2019, 02:20 PM
vin_ann
post Jan 10 2019, 09:40 AM

10k Club

This morning BFM radio breakfast grille wih Fundaztic founder I think...

Later repeat at 1pm can go listen o later today listen from BFM radio podcast

As im not into Fundaztic, didn't really pay attention on numbers... Hell lot of numbers mentioned.

Btw, she said there's no repeat loan to SME, it's all new.

jack2
post Jan 11 2019, 09:32 AM

Mr

There was new note yesterday. Anyone invested?
wizardofoz
post Jan 11 2019, 09:59 AM

Getting Started

Some highlights from BFM interview with Kristine Ng, CEO of Fundaztic on 10 Jan 2019:

1) Default rate of Fundaztic is highest among all other P2P platforms
She defended this by saying that this is due to Fundaztic classifying notes as defaulted after being late for 2 consecutive months. Other platforms classify them as default after being late for 3 consecutive months. Moving forward, Fundaztic will follow the "industry standard".

Personal thoughts: I disagree. Whether classifying as default upon being late as 2 or 3 months does not matter. The fact remains that more of my Fundaztic notes has been defaulted as compared to other platforms such as Funding Societies. It goes to show that Fundaztic allows lower quality borrowers on its platform.

2) Plan to look into introduction of secondary market for P2P notes
Investors are demanding for shorter term notes and are unwilling to allow their funds to be locked up for 36 months. The demand is reflected in investor behaviour, where shorter terms notes are snapped up faster than longer term notes. Hence, a secondary market will allow investors to trade notes among themselves and exit their investment even before the 36 months tenure.

Personal thoughts: A good move to cater to the demand for more liquidity. However, even with a secondary market set up, I remain doubtful as to whether there will be enough buyers on the secondary market who are keen to purchase my notes. Still, it is something to watch out for.

This post has been edited by wizardofoz: Jan 11 2019, 10:03 AM
volaxe
post Jan 13 2019, 09:58 PM

Group: Newbie

I think if Fz's weekly note releasing rate increases, will the default rate still be accurate as the fresh notes covers up the older notes?
WhitE LighteR
post Jan 14 2019, 08:33 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~

MBBT-18070023 seems will be defaulting already. Notes say business closed down, owner move out. Owner owe loan sharks. Business used to be selling chicken.

This post has been edited by WhitE LighteR: Jan 14 2019, 08:34 AM
Bla Bla Sheep
post Jan 15 2019, 10:58 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Jan 14 2019, 08:33 AM)
MBBT-18070023 seems will be defaulting already. Notes say business closed down, owner move out. Owner owe loan sharks. Business used to be selling chicken.
Oh no, means the owner ran away already is it? Based on this situation, although FS take action to sue them, but the owner are not in their own house already, they never receive any lawyer letter, is it the owner still consider "safe"?
#Victor
post Jan 15 2019, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Jan 14 2019, 08:33 AM)
Hopefully not cry.gif cry.gif Another high interest trap again... nooooo!
Dear Investor, We are still unable to contact the Note Issuer till date. We have conducted a site visit to the Note Issuer's business premise and the Proprietor's home address and found that the business is no longer operating and Proprietor has moved out from the house. The Proprietor is also involved in some debt issues with some Creditors and "loan sharks" since a month ago. We will continue to gather more information regarding the Proprietor's latest net worth and financial health before deciding on the next course of action. We will provide you with an update in 2 weeks time. Appreciate your kind understanding and continuous support.
jack2
post Jan 15 2019, 01:53 PM

Mr

QUOTE(#Victor @ Jan 15 2019, 12:03 PM)
Hopefully not cry.gif  cry.gif Another high interest trap again... nooooo!
Dear Investor, We are still unable to contact the Note Issuer till date. We have conducted a site visit to the Note Issuer's business premise and the Proprietor's home address and found that the business is no longer operating and Proprietor has moved out from the house. The Proprietor is also involved in some debt issues with some Creditors and "loan sharks" since a month ago. We will continue to gather more information regarding the Proprietor's latest net worth and financial health before deciding on the next course of action. We will provide you with an update in 2 weeks time. Appreciate your kind understanding and continuous support.
the most easier money...
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Jan 17 2019, 10:40 PM

20k VIP club

more and more in FZ.

got 1 note from Nov 2018 already grace period....
woonsc
post Jan 18 2019, 01:13 PM

Financial Padawan

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Jan 17 2019, 10:40 PM)
more and more in FZ.

got 1 note from Nov 2018 already grace period....
Why not FS? Shorter duration
e-lite
post Jan 18 2019, 05:40 PM

Getting Started

Fundaztic has changed their Default classification from 60 days to 90 days in their Home Page. This effectively reduces their default rate but goes against what the CEO and their boss says of putting the default as 60 days so they can initiate legal action faster and being above & better than other platforms.

Now all the roti canai talk come out, and did it quietly without informing investor. If investor lose confidence, pull out money lo whistling.gif whistling.gif
Sumofwhich
post Jan 18 2019, 06:30 PM

On my way

QUOTE(e-lite @ Jan 18 2019, 05:40 PM)
Fundaztic has changed their Default classification from 60 days to 90 days in their Home Page. This effectively reduces their default rate but goes against what the CEO and their boss says of putting the default as 60 days so they can initiate legal action faster and being above & better than other platforms.

Now all the roti canai talk come out, and did it quietly without informing investor. If investor lose confidence, pull out money lo  whistling.gif  whistling.gif
They did email about this, near the bottom half of the email
e-lite
post Jan 18 2019, 07:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Sumofwhich @ Jan 18 2019, 06:30 PM)
They did email about this, near the bottom half of the email
Oh opps, my mistake then
jerantut2011
post Jan 20 2019, 01:41 AM

Guys

Wish to share my experience with Fundaztic. I have been investing RM 100 per note since the last few months. It is not looking good with 11 out of 132 notes being late. Attached a screen shot.

Currently, both Fundaztic and Funding Societies offer unsecured peer to peer loans. I wish to share experience of investing in UK peer to peer loans which are secured with properties etc. Even when loans are secured, defaults are not rare. And it takes many efforts and a long long time to deal with the secured properties.

My loans with Funding Societies perform much better with only 1 out of 90 loans being late (potentially in default).

Perhaps we have to be very careful investing with Fundaztic.

*Diversification means nothing if most of the notes are of poor quality. Apparently, in China, there were fraudulent peer to peer loans and most investors suffered huge losses.

Any thoughts anyone?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
jerantut2011
post Jan 20 2019, 01:44 AM

Forgot to add that

Platforms themselves are incentivised to get as many loans funded as possible to earn commissions especially in early years.

But the future risks are borne by investors - ourselves who put our hard-earned money in projects.
Sumofwhich
post Jan 20 2019, 10:00 AM

On my way

QUOTE(jerantut2011 @ Jan 20 2019, 01:41 AM)
Guys

Wish to share my experience with Fundaztic. I have been investing RM 100 per note since the last few months. It is not looking good with 11 out of 132 notes being late. Attached a screen shot.

Currently, both Fundaztic and Funding Societies offer unsecured peer to peer loans. I wish to share experience of investing in UK peer to peer loans which are secured with properties etc. Even when loans are secured, defaults are not rare. And it takes many efforts and a long long time to deal with the secured properties.

My loans with Funding Societies perform much better with only 1 out of 90 loans being late (potentially in default).

Perhaps we have to be very careful investing with Fundaztic.

*Diversification means nothing if most of the notes are of poor quality. Apparently, in China, there were fraudulent peer to peer loans and most investors suffered huge losses.

Any thoughts anyone?
To be fair, grace period isn't late yet, but have to say that FZ is really bad at updating investors on status of late/defaulted notes

This post has been edited by Sumofwhich: Jan 20 2019, 10:01 AM
honsiong
post Jan 20 2019, 05:52 PM

Symmetra Main

QUOTE(jerantut2011 @ Jan 20 2019, 01:44 AM)
Forgot to add that

Platforms themselves are incentivised to get as many loans funded as possible to earn commissions especially in early years.

But the future risks are borne by investors - ourselves who put our hard-earned money in projects.
Correct. These are pretty much subprime loans that banks noped to.

105 Pages « < 80 81 82 83 84 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0767sec    1.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th June 2019 - 11:28 AM