Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Kancil 850 EZ, Satria 1.3 and Satria 1.6, fuel consumption question...

Kai Sheng
post Apr 15 2007, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Okay... I'm still a student of Institute Perguruan in Penang. As a present of getting into the institute... my father gave me a Kancil 850 EZ (automatic.. as the name EZ suggested).

My father has some great interest in car. He always goes to car's auction and sometimes... join in too. When he did... he will always sold the other car he have in our house. At that time my father gave the car he got from the auction to me which is the Kancil I mentioned above. After a few month... he decided to get another one.. this time manual. So after he managed to sell of the car.. he managed to get Kancil 850 EX... and gave it to me.

I noticed something about the fuel consumption on both car. Since I'm very-very new in this stuff... I don't really have any idea that automatic consumes more than manual. I usually end up paying RM50 to RM60 per week with the automatic Kancil. But only pay for fuel at around RM20 per week with my new manual Kancil.

Now out of a sudden... my father again decided to sell of the Kancil I'm using right now... and want to get Satria for me. The thing is... he wants to get 1.6 for me instead of 1.3. As far as I'm concern... 1.6 is definitely more fuel hunger than 1.3.. so I'll definitely in for financial problems when I use 1.6. But when I told my father that... he just simply says "You can survive with Kancil EZ... definitely you will survive with Satria 1.6 too because the fuel consumption of auto Kancil 850 EZ is just about the same as Satria 1.6."

Now my question... I'm find it really hard to believe that Kancil 850 EZ automatic is equal in terms of fuel consumption with Satria 1.6 manual. Can someone elaborate this to me?? Or maybe my father is indeed wrong or perhaps just want to justify his interest in 1.6 sweat.gif ...

If fc is not the same (which I believe it is)... I will really ask my father to get 1.3 instead of 1.6... I'll be dead if the fc for 1.6 is really high.. maybe eat sand everyday after that doh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cpteoh
post Apr 15 2007, 02:39 PM

Starcraft - Broodwar
Group: Senior Member

i am looking for a 850 auto kancil, if you have, pm and offer me?

thanks
+Quote Post
andychee81
post Apr 15 2007, 02:40 PM

Meoowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

higher cc = higher fc not to mention power to weight ratio also if lower cc but heavier chasis also makan one like 1.3 on satria.

eventually if you used to the fc of a kancil and you're more comfy at that 'used to' better get similar cars......ie kenari or kelisa.
+Quote Post
rifle_m16
post Apr 15 2007, 02:45 PM

Mr. Legis Exsequor

QUOTE(cpteoh @ Apr 15 2007, 03:39 PM)
i am looking for a 850 auto kancil, if you have, pm and offer me?

thanks
I lol'ed.. laugh.gif

TS, from my experience driving Kancil EZ and Satria 1.3,

I will personally say both fuel consumption is kinda same.

But Satria 1.6, I'll say, I can assure u it will be much fuel hunger den both EZ and Satria 1.3. wink.gif
+Quote Post
NewVi
post Apr 15 2007, 08:18 PM

Getting Started

FC really depends on the the CC, driving habit and driving condition

1) an engine with a higher CC may drink more petrol but with exceptions..if ur car has a lower weight....it may be otherwise....reason is that, given the larger capacity of the engine, it requires lesser petrol (nid not revving more) to get to the desired speed....

2) a person's driving habit plays a major role....a driver with heavy right foot will encounter higher FC regardless of what car he/she is driving

3) driving condition...highway>city driving = more mileage per refuel
highway<city driving = lesser mileage per refuel

considering that u might be getting a used car....other factors shud also be considered....for instance....the condition of the engine....if the previous owner has taken good care of the car (ie regular services) chances are, the FC shud be around the acceptable range....

a kancil/kelisa/kenari FC shud not be compared with higher CC vehicle....as these cars are running on a smaller engine with really light body....FC on a kelisa is superb.....

also, given the same car, the auto tranny will have higher FC than a manual one...simply because, the gear changing on a manual is more flexible smile.gif

well, i may be wrong here...if there is, kindly note it....hope to learn more also

cheers
+Quote Post
Kai Sheng
post Apr 15 2007, 09:26 PM

Getting Started

So obviously the rules higher CC = higher FC is still apply... nod.gif But it do have some difference between auto Kancil and manual Satria right??

QUOTE(rifle_m16 @ Apr 15 2007, 02:45 PM)
I lol'ed.. laugh.gif

TS, from my experience driving Kancil EZ and Satria 1.3,

I will personally say both fuel consumption is kinda same.

But Satria 1.6, I'll say, I can assure u it will be much fuel hunger den both EZ and Satria 1.3. wink.gif
Woot... sweat.gif

In that case I really should beg my father not to give me a 1.6 Satria... instead get me a 1.3 one. I'd be dead eating sand before I know it if I use 1.6...

Anyway... thanks for the help and info guys... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by Kai Sheng: Apr 15 2007, 09:27 PM
+Quote Post
iiluv8boy
post Jun 18 2012, 01:00 AM

i want a kancil 850EX auto. anyone can offer me?
+Quote Post
amad108
post Jun 18 2012, 03:07 AM

noooooo....

QUOTE(iiluv8boy @ Jun 18 2012, 01:00 AM)
i want a kancil 850EX auto. anyone can offer me?
try at mudah.my rclxms.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0615sec    0.77    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:46 AM