Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official Honda Civic 10th Gen Owner/Fans Club V7, 10th Gen Dream Machine

views

SackBoy
post Oct 3 2017, 10:50 AM

8 posts

A little off topic, about type-R. Anyone acquire price for the car & is it limited.
ps:from reliable source of course?
SackBoy
post Oct 3 2017, 11:04 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(shinchan^^ @ Oct 3 2017, 10:58 AM)
TCP the faster you drive , the better FC it get
rclxms.gif
100 units only
Damn... the price going at 299-320? Sell my 2 civics also cannot lo...
SackBoy
post Oct 3 2017, 11:21 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(TNTroXxor @ Oct 3 2017, 11:13 AM)
Type R is for people already equipped with multiple high end cars with extra cash to burn. If you need a loan for it you're pushing it
Half agreed on your view, it's good to know on what's up for TT session. However the target audience mostly are sentimental good old type-R lovers. It's a car that has grown up, unlikely for people who already have high-end car to pick it up because for the fact it is still only a honda. My view people that has financial stability and enthusiast are the audience.
SackBoy
post Oct 6 2017, 09:16 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(kianlun @ Oct 4 2017, 11:00 PM)
any recommendations on cheap android phone to use for android auto?
Mi A1, only rm1099 has pure android in it, you won't face any random hiccups.
SackBoy
post Oct 25 2017, 01:37 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(berann @ Oct 25 2017, 01:33 PM)
Ya is easy to apply (Paint then followed with clear coat) They provide brush in the bottle and another very small brush like toothpick.

No matter what you still have to touch up to avoid rust in that chip area.

First few days heart pain to see only lar.. after weeks.. i don't even care and notice anymore.. lol..
+1, me also start to increase immunity, my wrap layer also penetrated. As long as tidy and clean is enough.
SackBoy
post Oct 25 2017, 04:35 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Oct 25 2017, 02:33 PM)
yesterday night u at ss2?
Ya wo. You spotted me?
SackBoy
post Nov 3 2017, 09:44 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Nov 2 2017, 01:13 PM)
Civic X couple with iPhone X will be an Xcellent combination smile.gif
Wow, Xpensive combination.
SackBoy
post Nov 9 2017, 04:20 PM

8 posts

Sharing tricks for by pass HU, hope i'm not too late, this trick was already on civicx forum since June. No Y-cable installation required. No rooting android required. Reversible. (Note i have not test all the function yet but it looks promising, as always do it at your own risk)
No pic for guidance try to use your imagination laugh.gif I won't be explaining every detail but here it goes:
Step 1: Go to HU android browser

Step 2: Clear the browser address and enter exact following input without the quotes "about:debug" then press go (nothing will happen first, it's intended)

Step 3: Clear the browser address again and this time enter exact exact following input without the quote "file///" then press go
(by now you should see file menus)

Step 4: In the file menu navigate to vendor>app> then search for something like 'whiteListService.apk' and tap it. (Warning: do no tap on any other files or apk, i do not know what will happen but be warn)
It will ask for installation, allow it and tap the install button, then it will prompt installation failed, nevermind that is also intended.

Last Step: Hold power button and restart the HU. Now try and see by pass is working or not, play movie, browse picture..etc

I've tested the "by pass". It works for HU default browser and calculator and setting is enable even when vehicle is moving but i haven't got the chance to test the hdmi mirror link yet.
I'm going to try that on CR-V it should be the same.

Well, as for more tech savvy guys, u should have guessed by the name whiteListServiceApk, this is how honda does restriction for our HU. It is better than rooting, just alter the whitelist.xml will work as intended. Personally i have not tested it yet but people in civicx sort of confirm this approach worked for installing external apk.

SackBoy
post Nov 12 2017, 03:58 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(emy_77 @ Nov 12 2017, 07:26 AM)
Has anybody tried rooting the HU & installing apps using the methods below?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/ge...e-2017-t3621582
http://www.civicx.com/threads/finally-cust...-20#post-305630
https://youtu.be/2sfcdPPmgsg
https://www.facebook.com/groups/HondaMalays...80944232198220/

I have a query regarding the app installation itself. The main reason I want to install apps is because I want to use offline GPS apps like HERE we go, Sygic or Google maps offline map. My queries are:
1) I am using Civic TC (no Garmin), & wondering if there is built in GPS on TC, & if I can install the above apps & using the built in GPS?
2) If any of you have been successful in installing the above three offline GPS apps, can you inform how & where you put the offline maps themselves? The above guides just inform how to install app APK but not additional files

Thank you
I can suggest another temporary solution, how about just use mirror link? At least you will not have any trouble setting up offline map on any app. Read my previous post on how to by pass without y-cable installation or rooting HU, and it is reversible.

IMO:
Rooting the device and and fiddling with the HU it's kind of troublesome, especially there are reports of delay in reverse camera and installed app all launch at start-up. Our HU android is kinda lousy, running on 4.2.2 then u have the worry about apps that doesn't run on 4.2.2 rclxub.gif
SackBoy
post Nov 14 2017, 11:45 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(Zekai1999 @ Nov 13 2017, 06:07 PM)
It's proven and tested it without any issue?
Appreciate if somemore managed to done it and comment here?
SackBoy u r done it?
Obviously i've tested it. Ya, i can use thumbdrive and play mp4 video via HU gallery with no issue while car is on the move. But i still haven't purchase wireless cast to test out hdmi mirror link, but i highly believe it works too, since we whitelisted it. Note: please be on high alert while driving don't get distracted by it.

To reverse this, simply navigate to android>app and uninstall whitelistservice.apk and restart the HU. All back to original state.

My next project: improve infotainment to display performance gauge via obd2, either i have to build custom app for it or just reuse existing play store app. I'm going to use hdmi route, instead of force root HU.

SackBoy
post Nov 14 2017, 02:39 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 14 2017, 01:45 PM)
That mod works with the HDMI display too? Was told only working with the built in video app right through the Android interface?
Supposingly it should work, it is alternatively of rooting the device. I didn't have wireless cast or mirror-link phone to test it out. In case of custom apk installation this won't work right out of the box, It requires to establish adb connection, retrieve and change the whitelist.xml and reinstall the whitelistapservice.apk. (<-- so many steps, might as well root the device)

I believe those who has wireless cast installed in the car already installed by pass cable so i didn't bother to ask anyone to test it for me. Perhaps anyone?
SackBoy
post Nov 17 2017, 03:08 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 14 2017, 01:45 PM)
That mod works with the HDMI display too? Was told only working with the built in video app right through the Android interface?
Yeap you are right, only built in video in gallery works, hdmi doesn't work on the move. Finally bought device to test it. Now i need to order usb male to male to hack the whitelist to overcome this....
SackBoy
post Nov 17 2017, 05:20 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Nov 17 2017, 03:16 PM)
If root HU then will be able to bypass the parking brake completely for the HDMI input?

Buy from Lazada! Got the guide? I wanna try too haha.
http://www.lazada.com.my/ugreen-gold-plate...7e088UALOB&ff=1
This is for the steps that's only for by pass hack. If follow the full steps u might able to by pass hdmi (i guess only ah, i assume wrongly the first time)
[2016 Civic EX NA] Finally Video While Driving

From this post, rooting doesn't guarantee by pass, but you can ask our fellow member who has rooted
[GUIDE] How to enter developer mode on 2017 Honda Civic (and now root & install apps)

The reason i didn't root it because i'm skeptical of 'bricking' the HU and i'm not sure how to reverse 'root'

SackBoy
post Nov 17 2017, 05:25 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(knwong @ Nov 17 2017, 04:03 PM)
Bro. Have you research about Comma Neo? Can make our Civic self driving for $1000. Was wondering how different is our model compared to North Americans?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/sel...onda-civic-700/
Wow, didn't saw this news. I only thought of making our HU running on cooler cluster display, self -driving module that's beyond me.
SackBoy
post Dec 15 2017, 10:06 AM

8 posts

Alcantara wrap to test water, adding slight touch for luxury or ugliness(subjective). Was told that the material is same as mercedes alcantara.
Attached Image Attached Image
SackBoy
post Dec 15 2017, 10:39 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Dec 15 2017, 10:20 AM)
Alcantara is like velvet?
Ya sort of.. I guess, it's like the fabric house sofa. Most luxury sports car have alcantara finishes.

QUOTE(zwanvedder @ Dec 15 2017, 10:24 AM)
how much ya
Around 500+- i paid slightly extra premium price because i wanted good workmanship and also the alcantara color that i requested it's not in their inventory. Once it's wrap it cannot be undone, it's glued permanently.
SackBoy
post Jan 22 2019, 01:36 PM

8 posts

Any kf8 owner/expert lurking here?
SackBoy
post Jan 29 2019, 07:07 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(kaizor11 @ Jan 28 2019, 09:38 AM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

around 2.5k.worth it?
Can pm me the details too? i would like to wrap my back seat like that.
SackBoy
post Apr 9 2019, 08:30 AM

8 posts

I remember someone asking about 'CLANK' sound, i faced that too when going into parking, sometimes reverse also will heard that sound. Anyone knows what causes it?
SackBoy
post Apr 11 2019, 02:28 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(0501024 @ Apr 11 2019, 01:19 PM)
mugen taip arr at maeps
user posted image

user posted image
Funny this time most exterior bits are accessories for the fenders itself. lol.gif Mugen: 'our accessories needs more accessories!'

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.5010sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:32 PM