Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official Honda Civic 10th Gen Owner/Fans Club V7, 10th Gen Dream Machine

views

lotiman2003
post Jul 17 2019, 05:26 PM

Regular
1,338 posts

QUOTE(eamhoys @ May 8 2019, 09:58 AM)
well.. i m one of unhappy owner... 1.5TCP , new car roll off from showroom on 30 Dec 2018, dashboard have rattling sound on driver side..
one week later, front door panel start to have rattling sound..
now 4months later... passenger door rattling and driver side B pillar near the seat belt top anchor is making very annoying rattling sound when driving.

talk about suspension, i m not sure is it a problem, need to get SC to check, it start to have the klok klok sound when going over mini speed bump, or uneven road surface.

I previously own Korean cars before (Kia Spectra & Kia Forte 2.0SX), non gives me the above issues during my ownership.
like you, wanted to try exp with Japanese brand..but very disappointed..regretted selling off my Forte, should have opted the Hyundai Elantra Sport if not because of interior space of the Civic.
I also having this problem: "talk about suspension, i m not sure is it a problem, need to get SC to check, it start to have the klok klok sound when going over mini speed bump, or uneven road surface."

I already talked to SC but they said engine mounting issue and I already have mine replaced but still same issue. I won't be sending it anytime soon because it is hard to replicate the sound near SC because as you said must going over mini bump or uneven road surface. So temporary I on hold first.

Have you rectified it?

lotiman2003
post Jul 17 2019, 05:28 PM

Regular
1,338 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 16 2019, 02:03 PM)
I have the exact same issue as yours. Have you send to SC for checking on your suspension or steering rack? Some said the klok klok sounds is come from steering rack. I have fix a schedule with SC to check my car on this Thursday. Please share with me your experience if your SC manage to solve your issue. Just worry later the SC i go later will just pretend dont know where there issue is.
I also having the same issue, please update us after you send to SC. Thanks.
myliew
post Jul 17 2019, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Jul 13 2019, 07:05 PM)
Yeah this is 55B24LS.
I drive a lot as a sales. Not even 1 year this battery is dead but the millage is 30k. So no warranty for me😭
eamhoys
post Jul 17 2019, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 16 2019, 02:03 PM)
I have the exact same issue as yours. Have you send to SC for checking on your suspension or steering rack? Some said the klok klok sounds is come from steering rack. I have fix a schedule with SC to check my car on this Thursday. Please share with me your experience if your SC manage to solve your issue. Just worry later the SC i go later will just pretend dont know where there issue is.
The klok klok sound i mention, it actually not related to suspension
I think is a sign of the steering rack problem.
I had the klok klok from day 1, i get the car. go over speed bump, rough surface rough... it will have that klok klok from the front end.. and also feel like something is loose.
then months later i started to hear the tak tak sound when doing full lock u turn...then i do the slow steering turning while on idle.. it has a loud thud thud thud sound while turning.
and it feel like not smooth turning, like a bit jam jam..
send in to sc to service and ask them to check on eve of raya.. SC confirm steering rack problem.

after the rack replacement, no more that klok klok sound when go over speed bump or rough surface road.
now is so smooth... however, it now created another annoying rattling sound from the dashboard near the start button

so i have 3 annoying interior sound coming from:
- front passenger door panel
- Driver side B pillar, around the top seat belt adjustment point
- dashboard near the start button or the bottom where the other sensor button located.

eamhoys
post Jul 17 2019, 10:31 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(lotiman2003 @ Jul 17 2019, 05:26 PM)
I also having this problem: "talk about suspension, i m not sure is it a problem, need to get SC to check, it start to have the klok klok sound when going over mini speed bump, or uneven road surface."

I already talked to SC but they said engine mounting issue and I already have mine replaced but still same issue. I won't be sending it anytime soon because it is hard to replicate the sound near SC because as you said must going over mini bump or uneven road surface. So temporary I on hold first.

Have you rectified it?
Is not engine mounting or suspension .. i believe is steering rack about to fail.

i send to SC to do the service B, and i tell them my steering go sound, i did not mention abt the klok klok sound or even ask them to check the suspension.
after checking SC confirm to me, my steering rack got problem, claim warranty.
After replacement, the klok klok sound no more

so i suspect it could be early sign of steering rack abt to fail.

when u hear the klok klok sound, do u feel like something is loose ard the suspension system?
i had that feeling, but is not suspension.. steering rack.

ask sc to check on steering rack

celciuz
post Jul 17 2019, 11:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(Ernest90 @ Jul 8 2019, 10:53 PM)
Today Wanted to change my battery over Honda but unfortunately no stock have to wait. So to some survey found Amaron for rm200 which deducted for trade in + I went there myself so they give me discount. Warranty 18 months
That's really cheap, mine was RM280 after trade in sad.gif
lotiman2003
post Jul 17 2019, 11:28 PM

Regular
1,338 posts

QUOTE(eamhoys @ Jul 17 2019, 10:31 PM)
Is not engine mounting or suspension .. i believe is steering rack about to fail.

i send to SC to do the service B, and i tell them my steering go sound, i did not mention abt the klok klok sound or even ask them to check the suspension.
after checking SC confirm to me,  my steering rack got problem, claim warranty.
After replacement, the klok klok sound no more

so i suspect it could be early sign of steering rack abt to fail.

when u hear the klok klok sound, do u feel like something is loose ard the suspension system?
i had that feeling, but is not suspension.. steering rack.

ask sc to check on steering rack
My klok klok sound at driver side suspension. When I turn the steering no noise. How long you drive the car before getting this issue? My car juz 2 mths
rayhvs
post Jul 18 2019, 04:44 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(eamhoys @ Jul 17 2019, 10:23 PM)
The klok klok sound i mention, it actually not related to suspension
I think is a sign of the steering rack problem.
I had the klok klok from day 1, i get the car. go over speed bump, rough surface rough... it will have that klok klok from the front end.. and also feel like something is loose.
then months later i started to hear the tak tak sound when doing full lock u turn...then i do the slow steering turning while on idle.. it has a loud thud thud thud sound while turning.
and it feel like not smooth turning, like a bit jam jam..
send in to sc to service and ask them to check on eve of raya.. SC confirm steering rack problem.

after the rack replacement, no more that klok klok sound when go over speed bump or rough surface road.
now is so smooth... however, it now created another annoying rattling sound from the dashboard near the start button

so i have 3 annoying interior sound coming from:
- front passenger door panel
- Driver side B pillar, around the top seat belt adjustment point
- dashboard near the start button or the bottom where the other sensor button located.
I just came back from the stupid sc. The technician insisted that is not steering rack issue and need me to set another appointment to drop my car at least 2 days for checking. speechless. I definitely have the same issue as you but they just dont wan take my claim. really piss me off. fxxk.... this is the thing i worry when i deal with technician and it is happening now.
changleonghao
post Jul 18 2019, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
152 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 18 2019, 04:44 PM)
I just came back from the stupid sc. The technician insisted that is not steering rack issue and need me to set another appointment to drop my car at least 2 days for checking. speechless. I definitely have the same issue as you but they just dont wan take my claim. really piss me off. fxxk.... this is the thing i worry when i deal with technician and it is happening now.
Which sc?
rayhvs
post Jul 18 2019, 05:35 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(changleonghao @ Jul 18 2019, 04:57 PM)
Which sc?
Honda Pandah Indah. I keep all my car service there is the past 3 years and thought they are the best honda service centre until today.
changleonghao
post Jul 18 2019, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
152 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 18 2019, 05:35 PM)
Honda Pandah Indah. I keep all my car service there is the past 3 years and thought they are the best honda service centre until today.
botanic auto mall is the best. been going and the svc mgr is very understanding and helpful.
eamhoys
post Jul 18 2019, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(lotiman2003 @ Jul 17 2019, 11:28 PM)
My klok klok sound at driver side suspension. When I turn the steering no noise. How long you drive the car before getting this issue? My car juz 2 mths
from the 1st day i got the car on 30 Dec 2018.
during 1000KM service in Jan19, i did not ask sc to check, as i was hopping they may detect absorber leaks or something; but nothing.
after the CNY, the steering have weird feeling, at high speed turn, is either over turn inwards or it force turn the opposite direction.
the klok klok is also getting louder. then in Mar19, i send in for service A (7000KM), i also keep silent not asking to check, still nothing was mention from SC after the service.
in Apr19, it started to have tak tak tak sound when doing u turn plus while on stationary mode, engine idling, i slowly turn the steering wheel, it emit loud sound.
In early June, eve of Raya, send in for Service B (16000KM), this time i ask SC to check on the steering as it is making loud noise.
after the service, SC told me, the steering rack faulty, submit for warranty claim and immediately they set appointment for 25june for the replacement.

Send in on 25june, overnight, 26june collect and immediate feel the differences.
steering feels tighter and the klok klok sound disappear.

it has been very quite since 26 june.. no more klok klok sound from my suspected absorber/suspension/stablizer link rod.

eamhoys
post Jul 18 2019, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 18 2019, 05:35 PM)
I understand where u coming from. is frustrating no doubt.
if you read my other post, i had it from 1st day i collect my car.
i find weird as brand new car, the drive is like a 7 - 8 years old car.
but i keep silent during the 1000KM service and Service A@7000KM , to see if SC is able to detect anything.in the nothing.
then it got worsen, so during Service B @ 16000KM, i tell them my steering got sound, can check ah?
surprise surprise.. SC say steering rack faulty, claim warranty. they even set the appointment to replace on the same day, without waiting for approval from Honda Malaysia.

probably u can try another SC.

the SC i go to is located in USJ, Subang (USJ Car Express)
Ernest90
post Jul 19 2019, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(eamhoys @ Jul 18 2019, 11:17 PM)
but i keep silent during the 1000KM service and Service A@7000KM , to see if SC is able to detect anything.in the nothing.
then it got worsen, so during Service B @ 16000KM, i tell them my steering got sound, can check ah?
surprise surprise.. SC say steering rack faulty, claim warranty. they even set the appointment to replace on the same day, without waiting for approval from Honda Malaysia.

Very common they won't inform you anything faulty unless we bring it up since they don't earn anything if we inform.

Same goes to if we bring outside for service they will inform you what need to be change and what is faulty cause they will earn from us.

Everything is about business and $$$ so every time have any strange noise/problem I will direct set appointment for checking. My car not even one year has done replacement for 3 part, problem just keep come. Sigh.

rayhvs
post Jul 19 2019, 02:52 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(eamhoys @ Jul 18 2019, 11:17 PM)

Noted. Will try to call them whether they could help to look at my case. I have tried contact other sc for this. They said i should go back to sc who did my regular service..... sad.gif

Oh ya. Did you installed any ultra racing bar while u claim for the warranty? The sc advised me to remove and installed back the stock version before send back to them for warranty as my warranty may void due to racing bar. @.@

This post has been edited by rayhvs: Jul 19 2019, 11:21 AM
eamhoys
post Jul 19 2019, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 19 2019, 02:52 AM)
Noted. Will try to call them whether they could help to look at my case. I have tried contact other sc for this. They said i should go back to sc who did my regular service..... sad.gif

Oh ya. Did you installed any ultra racing bar while u claim for the warranty? The sc advised me to remove and installed back the stock version before send back to them for warranty as my warranty may void due to racing bar. @.@
nope, my car is stock.. no add ons..1.5tcp
eamhoys
post Jul 19 2019, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(Ernest90 @ Jul 19 2019, 12:39 AM)
Very common they won't inform you anything faulty unless we bring it up since they don't earn anything if we inform.

Same goes to if we bring outside for service they will inform you what need to be change and what is faulty cause they will earn from us.

Everything is about business and $$$ so every time have any strange noise/problem I will direct set appointment for checking. My car not even one year has done replacement for 3 part, problem just keep come. Sigh.
i totally agreed with your say.
SC nowadays are not proactive in identifying problem for car owners,as a matter of fact; we owners are the one have to inform them whats wrong with our car.
more often than not, they will say its normal, nothing to be alarm of, all like that one.... doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
or the best part is they diagnose wrongly and tell you to replace, after replace same shit still happen..money wasted if not under warranty..

Outside workshop, lagi terror, they will tell everything got problem, need to change, if dont change, this that will happen to your car....scare tactics..

so my way, when have strange noise/problem, appears intermittently, especially related to mechanical parts..and is unable to determine when it is coming from, only roughly know
i will leave it and monitor the situation, till it becomes apparently constantly appearing..then i get the to check.

no point wasting time in the SC asking them to check, when it appears on/off, and they can replicate the same noise/problem.. they will just tell you is normal and ask you set another appointment if the sound come back for them to check again..another day wasted..

but anyway.. its all up to individual owner's how they manage such situation...i believe not only Honda... all other makes are also the same.

celciuz
post Jul 19 2019, 03:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(rayhvs @ Jul 18 2019, 04:44 PM)
You should escalate to the Service Manager in charge, sometimes the SA/technicians got limitations.

QUOTE(Ernest90 @ Jul 19 2019, 12:39 AM)

Depends on the SC I guess, they detected minor oil leakage from my timing chain cover, scheduled for part replacement (and they didn't even tell me... I noticed it in my receipt when I got home dry.gif).
Leong428
post Jul 20 2019, 06:06 AM

7 posts

Joined the family! Got the 1.5 TC WOP!

Drive is good but I'm sending the car back to Honda PJ tomorrow, Ori 3M tinting already starting to peel and upon close inspection the edges were not cut well and 1 panel even has hair inside it! Door panel also warped/senget on the rear left door🤦‍♂️

By the way, any recommendations where to install Head Unit screen protector in Klang Valley?

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Leong428: Jul 20 2019, 06:20 AM
myliew
post Jul 20 2019, 06:30 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(kl.darren @ Jul 16 2019, 12:29 PM)
Guys, recently I update my Samsung Note 8 to Android 9 Pie and notice Android Auto doesn't work after upgrade, any suggestion or ideal?
I have no issue after update to Android 9, but i do notice the android auto bottom bar blink blink sometime and turn into white bar... Maybe you need to install the latest Android Auto version. Hopefully the summer version coming out soon

1083 Pages « < 578 579 580 581 582 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 PM