Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hypoallergenic proposal ring, Hypoallergenic proposal ring

views

TSkennykck
post Oct 1 2017, 11:55 PM, updated 7y ago

!!!~~<((Bankai))>~~!!!
1,697 posts

Any recommendation for Hypoallergenic proposal ring? Thinking of silicone rubber, coz she is very easy allergic to metal and jewellery stuff.

SilentVampire
post Oct 2 2017, 12:00 AM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

Platinum as well? That is considered a hypoallergenic metal.
tsunade
post Oct 2 2017, 12:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,046 posts

a bump for you. I'm very interested in this as well coz I have the same condition too. my engagement ring is worn around my neck instead of my ring finger now sweat.gif
chamelion
post Oct 2 2017, 12:03 AM

Back to Bricking
2,751 posts

Platinum, else do an allergy test...
kambingkoh
post Oct 2 2017, 10:52 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(kennykck @ Oct 1 2017, 11:55 PM)
Any recommendation for Hypoallergenic proposal ring? Thinking of silicone rubber, coz she is very easy allergic to metal and jewellery stuff.
As other suggested, platinum is a good choice. You may also consider palladium. In Malaysia, you can probably look for Suen at Bangsar and iDo Jewellery at Bukit Jalil. From what I have been told is that their 18k white gold settings do not contain nickel, but palladium instead. Feel free do double confirm with them. FYI, nickel is known to cause allegy to certain people. Also, 18k white gold is 75% gold mix with various 25% metals to create the white gold alloy. Nickel is usually found within that 25% various metals. Another jeweler I know is Memory Jewellery at Sentul. They use 95% platinum mix with 5% palladium. So I would say it is hypoallergenic. Oh, another one will be this:
http://www.materialise-creativity.com. They play around with palladium as well, but I am not sure about the proportions of the content, but feel free to check with them. Seems reputable.

If you prefer 18k white gold that consists of 75% white gold and 25% palladium, WhiteFlash in US will be able to do it for you, but you better get the ring size correctly, because it won't be practical to send it back to the US for resizing. Also, if it is a customized piece (including customizing the materials), there is no return and it will be a one-off purchase. They are able to do 100% palladium rings as well if you are interested. In fact, if you want wedding bands, they can even help you to make it with full palladium or platinum and the price seems to be quite reasonable for a "Made in US" tag. Let me know if you need further info for WhiteFlash because I am affilaited with them.

On a side note, local jewelers may be able to help you to resize though, but you may probably need to tell them don't add in extra white gold.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:55 AM