Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where to get spm past year paper?

views

mumeichan
post Apr 14 2007, 11:46 PM

4,152 posts

In my opinion, don't bother with past year papers. Wasting your time only. Don't bother with other state papers also. Another thing that will waste your time. Don't worry if the question will be taken from here and there. In the end you will end up with less time to study and more headache. Just spend more time on revision and buy and good SPM exercise book. Cerdik is quite good and make sure they separate the questions by topic. That is all you need. Trust me.
mumeichan
post Apr 15 2007, 08:24 AM

4,152 posts

QUOTE(ballistix89 @ Apr 15 2007, 12:14 AM)
usually POPULAR bookstore will sell this past year spm books like 2-3 months b4 spm.
I think now also got already. MPH should have most of the Cerdik books, normal or past year type.

If you really want to do past year question, then I would suggest that you just do for the science papers. Maths as long as you understand the concept you can answer. If you don't, you can do all the past year question and all the state question, when the real SPM come, 1. you will not be able to remember all the working should the same question come out. 2. You can't answer all other questions. Don't spot questions too. I and all my friends and a lot of LYN member were doing that last year. A lof of us were disappointed because the SPM questions that came out were very different from any ramalan. Some concentrated too much on one chapter and suddenly one question also never come out, how? The rest all die. Even if one topic has been out for let's say paper 2 for the previous 3 years, then everyone will say, hah this year will either go to paper 1 or 3.(Science lah) The suddenly come out in paper 2 again. Aiyo die. So must be balanced.

And don't ever pay for Andrew Chew's tip 100% blah blah blah. It is a waste of your money. At the most only one or two question come out. Sometimes none. And if got also, quite different from the real question. And sometimes he almost quote all bab will come out. So like that sure kena lah. Cos SPM cover all chapters mah.
mumeichan
post Apr 15 2007, 11:02 PM

4,152 posts

QUOTE(blindbox @ Apr 15 2007, 08:01 PM)
I'm totally against you. Past year papers are for practice, so that you are familiar with the paper format. In case you run out of past year papers to do, you can still do the exercise questions books have. Why do one when you can do both?
I'm, sure the teacher will tell you over and over again about the format. And then you will go for all the ceramah and stuff and by the time SPM come, if your ears had been left open, you will know the format by heart. Plus the format changes every year. Last year History essay format was different than all the previous years.

What you say is true only if we have all the time in the world. But time is limited. I see alot of my friends doing so much exercises before they finnish revising the subject. So what is the point to attemp to answer question without the knowledge in the head first.

QUOTE(blindbox @ Apr 15 2007, 08:01 PM)
There isn't much you can do about past year papers though. It hasn't been much years ever since the SPM changed from malay to english, for the sciences and mathematics... well that's only for those subjects.. hehe.

Cerdik has them translated into english, even when we were still taking the SPM in english last year.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    1.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:11 PM