TSRoxanne
post Apr 14 2007, 07:52 PM, updated 17y ago

1 posts

where to get spm past year paper?

SuN_RaE198
post Apr 14 2007, 07:55 PM

Casual
395 posts

funny question. SPM past year papers can be bought at bookstores rite?

ffrulz
post Apr 14 2007, 07:59 PM

Over the hills and far away.
995 posts

Either that or you can ask your teacher for it. My former add maths teacher has one stack of the original 05 year paper for add maths. I don't know about other schools though.
valeron009
post Apr 14 2007, 08:03 PM

Casual
317 posts

in the bookstore. Sure have one except for History (sejarah subject).

This post has been edited by valeron009: Apr 14 2007, 08:04 PM
ken_zie
post Apr 14 2007, 09:11 PM

Enthusiast
826 posts

i thought every subject also have? when i sat my spm in 2004, i think i bought the books (past year ques) for every subjects...
lordzarx
post Apr 14 2007, 09:51 PM

On My Way
776 posts

there is a book call cerdik i think..
it compile few years of spm question...plus it also dwi bahasa
mumeichan
post Apr 14 2007, 11:46 PM

4,152 posts

In my opinion, don't bother with past year papers. Wasting your time only. Don't bother with other state papers also. Another thing that will waste your time. Don't worry if the question will be taken from here and there. In the end you will end up with less time to study and more headache. Just spend more time on revision and buy and good SPM exercise book. Cerdik is quite good and make sure they separate the questions by topic. That is all you need. Trust me.
arsenwagon
post Apr 14 2007, 11:55 PM

all ur bass are belong to usa
2,227 posts

. y waste time ler.. imo its good to get ur hands on past yr spm papers yo know what kinda question will be aksed. i mean, u may be reading thru everything, but u must know where they can question you, so u can concentrate on that part.. if you gonna concentrate on the whole book ur head's gonna explode. and state papers, some full of mistakes.. especially bm paper from johor lol.

n for weaker students its good to analyse past year questions . especially for maths. coz u can get pass by just going thru 5 chapters or so i think. lol. every year, there'll be a certain amount of questions from this bab, that bab, and some bab appear only once in 20 years(obviously this means u can neglect this bab) .. so you can try to spot the babs which will keluar and concentrate on chapters which carry heavy marks ( like 5 makrs for graph) , if u really weak la.

btw mumei u got how many a's. scared ler even tho i talk like very pro this yr im sitting for spm lol

This post has been edited by arsenwagon: Apr 14 2007, 11:57 PM
DaViDcHiN
post Apr 14 2007, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,718 posts

Erm...do pass year paper is good, especially for maths, do all the past year paper is the best, because there's not much difference. For others subject, do SOME past year paper, no need to do too much, just to know how they usually come out with the question.

Buy from bookstore loh...a lot...
ballistix89
post Apr 15 2007, 12:14 AM

lurker
351 posts

QUOTE(Roxanne @ Apr 14 2007, 07:52 PM)
where to get spm past year paper?
usually POPULAR bookstore will sell this past year spm books like 2-3 months b4 spm.

mumeichan
post Apr 15 2007, 08:24 AM

4,152 posts

QUOTE(ballistix89 @ Apr 15 2007, 12:14 AM)
usually POPULAR bookstore will sell this past year spm books like 2-3 months b4 spm.
I think now also got already. MPH should have most of the Cerdik books, normal or past year type.

If you really want to do past year question, then I would suggest that you just do for the science papers. Maths as long as you understand the concept you can answer. If you don't, you can do all the past year question and all the state question, when the real SPM come, 1. you will not be able to remember all the working should the same question come out. 2. You can't answer all other questions. Don't spot questions too. I and all my friends and a lot of LYN member were doing that last year. A lof of us were disappointed because the SPM questions that came out were very different from any ramalan. Some concentrated too much on one chapter and suddenly one question also never come out, how? The rest all die. Even if one topic has been out for let's say paper 2 for the previous 3 years, then everyone will say, hah this year will either go to paper 1 or 3.(Science lah) The suddenly come out in paper 2 again. Aiyo die. So must be balanced.

And don't ever pay for Andrew Chew's tip 100% blah blah blah. It is a waste of your money. At the most only one or two question come out. Sometimes none. And if got also, quite different from the real question. And sometimes he almost quote all bab will come out. So like that sure kena lah. Cos SPM cover all chapters mah.
Glassy
post Apr 15 2007, 10:07 AM

Casual
337 posts

Yeah, that Andrew Chew [or was it Choo?] thing is unreliable. I can still remember last year's SPM Discussion topic...users were quoting the chapters he listed, and quite a lot were not asked after all, LOL. Anyway, as SPM approaches, rumours about what's coming out are going to spread like wildfire, just ignore them.

I think doing past-year papers for Maths is a good idea. Because for Maths, the same chapters come out for certain questions each year, and it's good to get yourself familiarized with the format. At the end of the day, the same kind of questions are going to be asked again and again, it's only the figures which differ. So I would encourage you to do past-year papers for Maths/Add-Maths.

While I can't agree that this applies to the other subjects, because not all chapters are guaranteed to appear in every year [for Paper 2, 3], doing past-year questions for other subjects can't hurt you. They make good practice to test your understanding. Go for it.

Try getting the Cerdik book which compiles recent past-year papers, if you can find it in bookstores. I think the Add Maths book is the pink one, and the Modern Maths one is the red one.

Good luck. =)
jcliew
post Apr 15 2007, 10:20 AM

Retired Enthusiast
889 posts

I think not all subjects past year papers can bought in bookstore... sad.gif
For example english language past year papers r not selling in book store.
History got la doh.gif
ballistix89
post Apr 15 2007, 01:42 PM

lurker
351 posts

i agree with glassy.doing past year add maths questions is gonna help you score in paper 2 which is considered very hard by some students. i keep doing this past year questions before SPM and managed to rise from D to A for my SPM add maths result thumbup.gif
Vint
post Apr 15 2007, 01:48 PM

ºI'm ♫♪♫♪♫♪..
1,492 posts

I think you should try to look for older past year papers rather than those you can find in the bookstore....some subjects like sciences, i don't think you can use our type of paper until you feel like translating everything back to english then..
Soulsareworthless
post Apr 15 2007, 01:53 PM

Madridista
3,413 posts

Buy at bookshops.
ken_zie
post Apr 15 2007, 04:28 PM

Enthusiast
826 posts

never listen to those rumours and spot topic... especially after the trial, teachers like to say like if a few states come out with the same questions, the question will probably come out in spm... don't believe it...
Vint
post Apr 15 2007, 05:07 PM

ºI'm ♫♪♫♪♫♪..
1,492 posts

QUOTE(ken_zie @ Apr 15 2007, 04:28 PM)
never listen to those rumours and spot topic... especially after the trial, teachers like to say like if a few states come out with the same questions, the question will probably come out in spm... don't believe it...
Haha...that was what happen last year....and maybe many years b4 also..
jcliew
post Apr 15 2007, 06:42 PM

Retired Enthusiast
889 posts

QUOTE(ballistix89 @ Apr 15 2007, 01:42 PM)
i agree with glassy.doing past year add maths questions is gonna help you score in paper 2 which is considered very hard by some students. i keep doing this past year questions before SPM and managed to rise from D to A for my SPM add maths result thumbup.gif
hoh shocking.gif
manage 2 improve da gred from D to A? so now everybody know da standard of malaysian education, malaysian, stop self-cheating liao. what use u got all those "As"? it's end up dead end when u be at next level of education shakehead.gif
kobe8byrant
post Apr 15 2007, 06:51 PM

I'm too old for this stuff
All Stars
12,275 posts

u got to go to bookshops 2 months before the real SPM to get 06 papers..at least that is what happened last year and the 05 papers IIRC but anyway, dont go wasting time looking for Moral papers. all fakes.

IMO, Maths, add maths, econs, perdagangan are really recycled questions esp Add Maths.

and advice: Paper 1 Add Maths do not require working. dont listen to ur rubbish teachers. they all talk air but i didint do working for Paper 1 still can get good results for real paper which is why trial got C, SPM A biggrin.gif
blindbox
post Apr 15 2007, 08:01 PM

Meh
1,705 posts

QUOTE(mumeichan @ Apr 14 2007, 11:46 PM)
In my opinion, don't bother with past year papers. Wasting your time only. Don't bother with other state papers also. Another thing that will waste your time. Don't worry if the question will be taken from here and there. In the end you will end up with less time to study and more headache. Just spend more time on revision and buy and good SPM exercise book. Cerdik is quite good and make sure they separate the questions by topic. That is all you need. Trust me.
I'm totally against you. Past year papers are for practice, so that you are familiar with the paper format. In case you run out of past year papers to do, you can still do the exercise questions books have. Why do one when you can do both?

There isn't much you can do about past year papers though. It hasn't been much years ever since the SPM changed from malay to english, for the sciences and mathematics... well that's only for those subjects.. hehe.

Side comment: Damn I hate the govt's decision to even bother to put English for science and technology. It is complete utter crap, useless subject.

This post has been edited by blindbox: Apr 15 2007, 08:03 PM
mumeichan
post Apr 15 2007, 11:02 PM

4,152 posts

QUOTE(blindbox @ Apr 15 2007, 08:01 PM)
I'm totally against you. Past year papers are for practice, so that you are familiar with the paper format. In case you run out of past year papers to do, you can still do the exercise questions books have. Why do one when you can do both?
I'm, sure the teacher will tell you over and over again about the format. And then you will go for all the ceramah and stuff and by the time SPM come, if your ears had been left open, you will know the format by heart. Plus the format changes every year. Last year History essay format was different than all the previous years.

What you say is true only if we have all the time in the world. But time is limited. I see alot of my friends doing so much exercises before they finnish revising the subject. So what is the point to attemp to answer question without the knowledge in the head first.

QUOTE(blindbox @ Apr 15 2007, 08:01 PM)
There isn't much you can do about past year papers though. It hasn't been much years ever since the SPM changed from malay to english, for the sciences and mathematics... well that's only for those subjects.. hehe.

Cerdik has them translated into english, even when we were still taking the SPM in english last year.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:03 AM