Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do you believe in Geely to revitalize Proton?, To become #1 in Malaysia & top 3 @ASEAN

Will you buy a Geely based Proton?

A strong yes [ 109 ] ** [36.95%]
A weak yes [ 104 ] ** [35.25%]
A weak no [ 26 ] ** [8.81%]
A strong no [ 56 ] ** [18.98%]
Total Votes: 295
Guests cannot vote 
views

goandloveyourself
post Mar 23 2018, 02:07 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(allenultra @ Nov 18 2017, 08:08 PM)
Geely need a ready made plant (and Proton plant have modem equipment) to penetrate right hand drive market, and with weak ringgit, it's a good buy to them. Will that revitalise Proton? I hope they do.

They would want to export right hand driven vehicles to middle east, africa, etc, where geely not present just now.
I fully agree with you, and also to add, I think the other big reason Geely bought proton is to acquire Lotus. It was part of the contract for the "buyover". To be frank, I dont care about car brands, never a fanboi of any brand. I am loyal only to certain model of cars. If Geely decided to let Proton die, so be it, but HOPEFULLY they will introduce some affordable cars for local market.
tat3406
post Mar 23 2018, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
79 posts

QUOTE(Lanchio @ Mar 23 2018, 12:45 PM)
Having top notch upper management only solves some of the issues.

Front lines Sales & Service is what consumers see & meet, not upper management.

Even the so called best 3S is like walking into 1990s 1S. Air-cond off, staff ignore you, premise has stale air smell. Which one? Mutiara Damansara 3S.

Proton not only have an image problem (product wise) but have a very serious manpower attitude issue. This harks back to the good old days (90s) where you either take it or leave it & service personnel tells you "macam tu punya, Abang" I-Cant-Be-Bother attitude. No wonder Dr Li views this as a serious issue that needs rectification.

Geely SUV will save Proton sales wise but if the service end (which includes sales service) is not improved urgently, Proton will slum back again.

Am seriously considering the Boyue, but till now, I can't find a decent PJ 3S to buy from. So Dr Li, if you're reading this, understand that potential buyers are out there but are let down by the Sales & Service end. Geely hardware isn't the problem. It's the last mile that consumers deal with that is the problem.
The new management know the sale & service centre problem, we see that Proton start reform their all sale & service centre. Those sale & service centre do not want to commit will be kick out slowly.
nagflar
post Mar 23 2018, 07:30 PM

Regular
1,813 posts

Geely > CRONIES
Lez Pall
post Mar 24 2018, 12:44 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(goandloveyourself @ Mar 23 2018, 02:07 PM)
I fully agree with you, and also to add, I think the other big reason Geely bought proton is to acquire Lotus. It was part of the contract for the "buyover". To be frank, I dont care about car brands, never a fanboi of any brand. I am loyal only to certain model of cars. If Geely decided to let Proton die, so be it, but HOPEFULLY they will introduce some affordable cars for local market.
What else do you expect Proton/Geely to make for the Msian market? Affordability has always been national cars strong suit and Geely doesn't seem shy on letting Proton acquier their expertise with tech platform and powertrain sharing.

Next year we'll see more price/market friendly offerings starting with a small SUV and a rumored Preve replacement in the 70-80k range as well as a Persona or Saga facelift. A 2nd gen Iriz and 4th gen Saga are in the pipelines somewhere around 2020 so affordable, homegrown cars are still very much in their minds.

More than anything, I really wish Proton would come up with something similar to a Kia Picanto and sold slightly more than the equivalent Axia. That'll truly be the key to their turnaround plan.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Mar 24 2018, 12:57 AM
Terence573
post Mar 24 2018, 04:25 PM

wow!!!!!
2,459 posts

I do wish they rebadge their Geely's sedan and sold as preve/personas here.The new persona came out last year looked like a car that wore diapers with lots of poop at back.

And very looking forward to see Boyue/x7 coming out this year end

10 Pages « < 8 9 10Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0357sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 PM