Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do you believe in Geely to revitalize Proton?, To become #1 in Malaysia & top 3 @ASEAN

Will you buy a Geely based Proton?

A strong yes [ 109 ] ** [36.95%]
A weak yes [ 104 ] ** [35.25%]
A weak no [ 26 ] ** [8.81%]
A strong no [ 56 ] ** [18.98%]
Total Votes: 295
Guests cannot vote 
views

jacobngen87
post Oct 1 2017, 08:25 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Sep 30 2017, 04:17 PM)
Geely is willing to share some of its engine & transmissions to Proton so if anything that could help with making their current lineup more desirable to buyers, especially the Iriz, Persona and Saga without having to go on with their GDI engine project. Not to mention P2 is currently planning to launch the 3rd gen Myvi not long from now so Proton needs to have a counteract to that.

Once the current lineup has been optimized then they could move on to the hybrids, EVs and whatever ambitious thing Proton wanted to do but didn't have the budget or support to.
The current proton line up are just horrendous and hideous. Especially the Iriz, saga and persona

They looked like they are designed by Primary school kids. There's really something wrong with the current proton chief designer. I think he read too much cartoon and children comic books. Every time me and my families, friends saw these 3 cars we really want to vomit and laugh our ass off.

The only reason people still buy proton cars is the price only. Other than that I can't think of any other reasons.

Proton has to reintroduce its entire range of models. Give it a major major facelift both inside and outside and most importantly on the engine and CVT and their horrendous after sales service.

Otherwise it will stay like this (with 5000 cars sold a month) for the next decade and sales continue to get cannibalize by Perodua and the Japs.

This post has been edited by jacobngen87: Oct 1 2017, 08:26 AM
qattara13
post Oct 1 2017, 08:38 AM

4 posts

Geely's success with the transformation of Volvo should speak for itself, and hopefully the world class leadership at Proton will bring back its lost lustre
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 1 2017, 09:04 AM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Sep 30 2017, 10:55 PM)
ur harsh true is base on u and ur friends ...... that count.
wow...

user feedback...

cant take into consideration?

then what type of truth you want to come from?

Own feel good report?

or

own feel good fake user feedback?
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 1 2017, 09:15 AM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Oct 1 2017, 08:25 AM)
The current proton line up are just horrendous and hideous. Especially the Iriz, saga and persona

They looked like they are designed by Primary school kids. There's really something wrong with the current proton chief designer. I think he read too much cartoon and children comic books. Every time me and my families, friends saw these 3 cars we really want to vomit and laugh our ass off.

The only reason people still buy proton cars is the price only. Other than that I can't think of any other reasons.

Proton has to reintroduce its entire range of models. Give it a major major facelift both inside and outside and most importantly on the engine and CVT and their horrendous after sales service.

Otherwise it will stay like this (with 5000 cars sold a month) for the next decade and sales continue to get cannibalize by Perodua and the Japs.
they already have a 10 years plan, but honestly speaking, its way too late.

but fortunate enough, in Malaysia, a lot of poor people cant afford good car. Well, this is their chance. sell off all the leftover.

but in this 10 years of revamping the system, how others car brand moved way further but proton is just trying so hard to start from square one?

P2 is already a damn good example. 15 years back, P2 and P1 just sharing the same fate, but its all change after the introduction of MYVI. They say IRIZ is game changer, but son, MYVI is.

One thing proton never know is that Malaysian people often Money and brand oriented. look at P2, they see cheap + Daihatsu. Directly go into it. Honestly speaking P2 after sales is almost the same as P1. Same old shit. But, does P2 break down that often?

After that P1 focus on safety, its a good move. But how many people focus in safety? you give 11 airbag people will still say that's still a proton. People mind-set really hard to change. Taken over by Geely is a great move, but will the Proton people change accordingly that's still a myth. Time will prove everything.

P2 is going to introduce MYVI 3rd gen. Another huge impact to P1.

But nevertheless, P1, please please please dump your campro engine and get a better CVT. You have to change even you refined it 99. Because people already phobia with it. Your returning customer is near to 0, close to nothing.

For Malaysia market, Toyota is going down.

Mazda and Honda is uprising. They most probably will become the luxury arm for middle income family.

Hope P1 can become basic arm for most of the families in coming years.
faradie
post Oct 1 2017, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

Proton needs to massively increase sales both within and outside the country in order to turnaround. For this to happen they need to create a trusted brand. Look at the koreans, even they struggle against existing competition. For Proton to even come near to Korean std. the company culture must change and this is almost impossible in Bolehland
Lez Pall
post Oct 1 2017, 12:51 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Oct 1 2017, 08:25 AM)

Lol overreacting much? Yeah there's the price factor in people buying it but aside from some minor quality issues and relatively high FC the reliability, build quality, driveability and specs are better than let's say, the now-discontinued Preve Exec in the same price range as Persona/Iriz. Design-wise, does it really matter? I mean people are buying the Bezza in droves and that thing is far uglier than all three of those cars combined.

Those three cars I mentioned are already good enough value, the only things needed to change is to more efficient powertrains and maybe tweak the design and kit a little to reflect such changes. Malaysians are crazy for good FC alone so really there's nothing else to alter after that.

And then there's the stigma of China made anything to overcome but then again, you never know until you actually try.

Proton should start quickly on testing the new powertrains because like I said before, they need to have something to counteract the launch of the new Myvi. They already have a right hand drive Boyue prototype for testing purposes so there's no excuse to start early.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Oct 1 2017, 01:27 PM
zaman_chem
post Oct 1 2017, 01:03 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 30 2017, 08:49 AM)
I did not see protection in the plan laid out. Contrary to that, I see a bit of disparity in terms of time expectation from DRB Hicom and Geely. The latter said chop chop chop . One year one model. The former side said it will take time . I am more worry about the commitment to the deadline set

But I am glad the chairman said hey Malaysian proton suppliers, you want to go out of biz or do you want to let Geely bring their China car parts maker to form JV with you?
i dont see contra with those 2 statement. It still take time, when those archive. They can launches car every year.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 1 2017, 03:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(zaman_chem @ Oct 1 2017, 01:03 PM)
i dont see contra with those 2 statement. It still take time, when those archive. They can launches car every year.
What I gather is first is 2018 follow by 2nd, third, forth so on and so forth every subsequent year but then I hear adaptation fromLHD to RHD takes time , 3 years were mentioned. So it sounds contradictory to me.

But some said the first child is always the harder to labour , the following up should be easier?
zweimmk
post Oct 1 2017, 03:31 PM

On my way
512 posts

Proton can succeed. If it is allowed to grow without any government interference and with Geely money injection.

So long as there's cash, they will be able to buy all that is necessary to ensure their success.
zaman_chem
post Oct 1 2017, 03:45 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Oct 1 2017, 03:19 PM)
What I gather is first is 2018 follow by 2nd, third, forth so on and so forth every subsequent year but then I hear adaptation fromLHD to RHD takes time , 3 years were mentioned. So it sounds contradictory to me.

But some said the first child is always the harder to labour , the following up should be easier?
From the press conference last Friday that is not the reason. Some car site already show boyue RHD in proton plant. It take proton 1yr++ to make over Honda accord that already RHD to perdana

outsider
post Oct 1 2017, 03:50 PM

~ get out ~
1,270 posts

Better than proton operate alone
adamhzm90
post Oct 1 2017, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,269 posts

with only 49.9% stake, id say no
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 1 2017, 04:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(zaman_chem @ Oct 1 2017, 03:45 PM)
From the press conference last Friday that is not the reason. Some car site already show boyue RHD in proton plant. It take proton 1yr++ to make over Honda accord that already RHD to perdana
Then I m not sure why the chairman mentioned 3 years and it takes time.
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 1 2017, 05:02 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Oct 1 2017, 04:49 PM)
I think proton should now starting to brainwashing the secondary school students. tell them how great proton is. and how good proton is. how marvelous proton is. only then got market.
it's not wise to target market now.....

10 years down the road.. wait let say 3 years... those already bought new myvi or new cars, I don't think they have money to experience proton car.

oh wait.

my tin foil is ready to shield maselffff.
SonnyCooL
post Oct 1 2017, 06:09 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Oct 1 2017, 04:49 PM)
Is business strategy, they don't do day plan and overnight change, geely is aiming for global, every step count .....
not like /K /FF R&D la talk billions business with their 5 digit income ........
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 1 2017, 06:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

The time now is 18:15 1st Oct 2017. 102 votes were casted. 76% said yes while 24% said nO. TQVM for your votes
Lez Pall
post Oct 1 2017, 09:24 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(adamhzm90 @ Oct 1 2017, 04:46 PM)
with only 49.9% stake, id say no
Hmmm....what if the 49.9% stake is only there on paper so that DRB-Hicom can deal with the backlash from nationalistic pipu about the sale of P1 to a foreign company and that Geely holds more authority than their minority stake suggests?

Sounds like an interesting topic of discussion right there.
mystvearn
post Oct 1 2017, 09:24 PM

6,511 posts

Yes, geely can turn things around. Need at least 10+ years. Technology sharing will lower proton own money bleeding yearly. Will not solve brand value. Kia took more than 10 years from below proton to way better now.

Boyue will not solve the lack of suv problem
If selling cheap. Does not mean people will buy it. Haval cheap, not a lot sold.
If based on design, it is not that good looking. Kind of boring. Cx5 is king here.
Premium interior, cx5 is also king.
Gadgets. Actually people don't care that much about gadgets. Xtrail still selling well. Having 7 seats more important than gadgets.

So if boyue is a direct rhd conversion, I don't know what makes it special
1to3for
post Oct 1 2017, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

user posted image
Lez Pall
post Oct 1 2017, 09:52 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Oct 1 2017, 09:24 PM)
Boyue will not solve the lack of suv problem
If selling cheap. Does not mean people will buy it. Haval cheap, not a lot sold.
If based on design, it is not that good looking. Kind of boring. Cx5 is king here.
Premium interior, cx5 is also king.
Gadgets. Actually people don't care that much about gadgets. Xtrail still selling well. Having 7 seats more important than gadgets.

So if boyue is a direct rhd conversion, I don't know what makes it special
It's not a direct RHD conversion actually, the prototype will go through two stages of testing. The first will be a "minor" stage with just a right hand conversion but no other changes. 2nd stage is more major with design and specifications that are made for the Malaysian market.

If anything, the problem with its "kind of" boring exterior can be fixed, albeit at Geely's watch. Interior is just fine for me, nothing needs to be touched any further. And unlike Honda & Suzuki last time, Proton is allowed to tweak ride and handling charateristics to add their touch to it. If gadgets match at least mid spec CRV but for a considerably cheaper price then maybe people will pay attention.

Speaking of price, there is a possibility that it could be priced lower than the Perdana if it receives EEV incentives which I think it will.

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0401sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:33 PM