Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do you believe in Geely to revitalize Proton?, To become #1 in Malaysia & top 3 @ASEAN

Will you buy a Geely based Proton?

A strong yes [ 109 ] ** [36.95%]
A weak yes [ 104 ] ** [35.25%]
A weak no [ 26 ] ** [8.81%]
A strong no [ 56 ] ** [18.98%]
Total Votes: 295
Guests cannot vote 
views

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 29 2017, 11:57 PM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/board-a...oton-announced/
Click to read more.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Please remember to cast your vote. Yes or no. Both welcomed

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 30 2017, 08:44 AM
spinecheek
post Sep 30 2017, 12:02 AM

25 posts

so much protek rules must meet. how to success?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 07:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/geely-boyue-bas...-planned/47594/

....During a press event earlier today, Geely Holding CFO and newly appointed Proton Holding Berhad Daniel Donghui Li explained, the introduction of new models are part of a detailed 10-year joint plan between Geely and Proton, which outlines new models, besides the Boyue SUV, that is needed for the Malaysian market.

He added, “The team, including our Malaysian and Chinese colleagues, also Including Geely’s China team will have a very intensive timetable to deliver the new products.”

Proton Chairman Dato’ Sri Syed Faisal Albar added that time is required to homologate these new Geely models as they’re designed for China’s left-hand drive market. Localisation of car components is another factor that needs to be considered and requires time.

Syed Faisal added, “We are also looking at other products within the Geely stable. And we’re not only looking at the cars. But potentially the also the powertrains,”

When asked about the possibility of Electric Vehicle (EV) powertrains, Syed Faisal explained, “Yes, this is something that we will embrace, and Geely has embraced this technology. And this is one of the highest reasons why Proton needs a strategic partner where we can get access, immediate access to technology of EVs.”

Syed Faisal went on to explain that in the midterm strategy, a portion of the current Proton range will remain, and be mixed with ‘exciting’ products from Geely.

To provide specifics on the level of support in terms of product development, Daniel Donghui Li explained, “Geely will supply our latest engines. For your information, Proton’s engines only comply with Euro 4 regulations. Geely will provide [engines] with Euro 6 [compliance] and beyond,”

He added, “Geely will provide its transmission, which is certified not only for traditional [internal combustion engine] cars, it will be also flexible to adapt to new energy solutions, including hybrid, plug-in hybrid and pure-electric. We will provide new product development including our big models, hybrids and electric cars.”

He further explains that Geely has invested over USD 10 billion dollars on product development, hence, Proton need not invest heavily in product development, instead, concentrate only on production, plant upgrading, company improvement and the introduction of new products.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 08:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(spinecheek @ Sep 30 2017, 12:02 AM)
so much protek rules must meet. how to success?
I did not see protection in the plan laid out. Contrary to that, I see a bit of disparity in terms of time expectation from DRB Hicom and Geely. The latter said chop chop chop . One year one model. The former side said it will take time . I am more worry about the commitment to the deadline set

But I am glad the chairman said hey Malaysian proton suppliers, you want to go out of biz or do you want to let Geely bring their China car parts maker to form JV with you?
post Sep 30 2017, 08:57 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

Proton need to change blood from head to toe.
riezzien
post Sep 30 2017, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

what happen to proton is well deserved.
although they came out with some good products recently, but still the product cant compete head to head with outside brand. there sure are lots of weakness here and there.

time to flush out weak mentality employees and move on
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 09:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Sep 30 2017, 08:57 AM)
Proton need to change blood from head to toe.
Changing half of the blood is not a good start? Half glass full vs half glass empty story
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 09:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Sep 30 2017, 09:15 AM)
what happen to proton is well deserved.
although they came out with some good products recently, but still the product cant compete head to head with outside brand. there sure are lots of weakness here and there.

time to flush out weak mentality employees and move on
Like Geely said, product product product. Desirable Product at reasonably good quality is one major factor. Then the after sales and parts

When Geely takes away the huge R&D requirements by sharing the engine, the drive train, the platforms, there should be no more excuses on the production, the sales and service which is the only part Malaysian consumers will care about anyway.

The is where I hope Mr. Winfried Vahland the ex Skoda chairman and CEO can devise and replicate the Skoda's success today when leveraging on VW group's scale and product base.only this time round leveraging on Geely's. His experience is very valuable and I am glad he has come on board

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry...-leave-vw-group

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 30 2017, 09:49 AM
zweimmk
post Sep 30 2017, 10:18 AM

On my way
512 posts

Without government interference, I believe Proton can turn around under Geely.

The people in the company isn't the problem, that much we already know.

The question is - does Geely have full say on what Proton can or cannot do? Or did they buy the company with plenty of strings attached?

I would be excited if Geely structured the brands in the following manner

Volvo - luxury arm
Geely - mass market (china/worldwide)
Proton - mass market (SEA/worldwide)

And it would utilize all the technology from Volvo. That would make Proton extremely desirable if that was the case.
spinecheek
post Sep 30 2017, 10:54 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 30 2017, 08:49 AM)
I did not see protection in the plan laid out. Contrary to that, I see a bit of disparity in terms of time expectation from DRB Hicom and Geely. The latter said chop chop chop . One year one model. The former side said it will take time . I am more worry about the commitment to the deadline set

But I am glad the chairman said hey Malaysian proton suppliers, you want to go out of biz or do you want to let Geely bring their China car parts maker to form JV with you?
of coz some protection will not be written in black & white 😊
i believe the previous MAS ceo took up the job because protection plan wasnt stated in the contract.
that's why he failed to revive MAS & left within a year

jacobngen87
post Sep 30 2017, 10:57 AM

2 posts

I think it shud be easy for Geely to turn Proton around.

Don't think it's that difficult for Proton to stay profitable in Malaysia given the Malaysian automotive market is still not liberalize and protectionism is in place for Proton.

Having said that I think it'll be very very difficult for Proton/Geely to penetrate into the SE Asian market given stiff competition from the Koreans and Japanese. The Koreans and Japs are also going into EV and improving on their design. Loyal fans take many years to get. Will the SE Asian market accept Proton cars remain a big mystery.

I think it'll take Proton many years to gain market share (very slowly) within the SE Asia market. Thats why there is 10 year plan for Geely/Proton. But Geely has tonnes of cash to burn, hence I guess time is not a problem for them.

In Malaysia on the other hand, as long as Proton cars are cheaper, better, safer, more reliable, smoother than Perodua I think can sell already.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 11:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

Substitute Skoda with Proton and VW with Geely. The story has many similarities

https://view.ingwb.com/vw-and-skoda-the-sto...essful-alliance

Hope Poton could become a great success in ASEAN what Skoda has become for Eastern European nations
SUSlowya
post Sep 30 2017, 11:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 29 2017, 11:57 PM)
Please remember to cast your vote. Yes or no. Both welcomed
do you believe in something that you have yet not see, touch or used before?

Do you believe in yourself able to do more good than wasting our time reading your nonsense?
coolstore
post Sep 30 2017, 01:34 PM

Regular
1,522 posts

yeah, no campro

p2 competitor strikes back
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 01:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Sep 30 2017, 11:12 AM)
do you believe in something that you have yet not see, touch or used before?

Do you believe in yourself able to do more good than wasting our time reading your nonsense?
I have never seen God but I put faith in HIM. That is why it is called believe.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 30 2017, 01:44 PM
SUSlowya
post Sep 30 2017, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 30 2017, 01:43 PM)
I have never seen God but I put faith in HIM. That is why it is called believe.
is Geely your god you tried to make the same point?
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Sep 30 2017, 02:28 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

Cannot la.

The name spoiled ad.

Say only proton. First reaction will be a big NO.

What to revive?

Better closed it down.

Geely already got what they want * Lotus. Might as well close down Proton. Why bother much a rubbish.

Later like MAS.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Sep 30 2017, 01:50 PM)
is Geely your god you tried to make the same point?
My point is with the info that has been announced so far, do you believe it will work? That is why I created this poll.
When I do this, I dunno what is the outcome of the poll. So how did I offend you?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 30 2017, 02:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Sep 30 2017, 02:28 PM)
Cannot la.

The name spoiled ad.

Say only proton. First reaction will be a big NO.

What to revive?

Better closed it down.

Geely already got what they want * Lotus. Might as well close down Proton. Why bother much a rubbish.

Later like MAS.
Mas is doing good now do you know?

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...story-says-ceo/

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 30 2017, 02:57 PM
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Sep 30 2017, 03:07 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 30 2017, 02:32 PM)
lol yea. hope so it's doing good.

the hate toward proton is not the same as the hate toward mas. you have to know that.

proton is the one causing others car becoming expensive. but mas is the one who make aa becoming cheap. that's the major diff we got here.

proton QC is super famous. but mas is doing alright all this while. it's just money sucker.

I don't really remember what's proton contribution toward the nation besides the taxes.

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0415sec    0.62    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:28 PM