Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Graphic Tablet Brands, available in Malaysia

views

TSzZNekoChanZz
post Sep 26 2017, 11:34 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
428 posts

I want to ask a graphic tablet do you guys use for illustration?

I'm using Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch for about 3-4 years now and I'm looking to upgrade to a graphic tablet with a display.

But before that, I would like to know what brand graphic tablet do other Malaysian artist uses and what are the pros and cons?
So far, as I know, there's only Wacom available in Malaysia. Other brands may need to import.

Thanks in advance.
Pharamain
post Sep 27 2017, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(zZNekoChanZz @ Sep 26 2017, 11:34 PM)
I want to ask a graphic tablet do you guys use for illustration?

I'm using Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch for about 3-4 years now and I'm looking to upgrade to a graphic tablet with a display.

But before that, I would like to know what brand graphic tablet do other Malaysian artist uses and what are the pros and cons?
So far, as I know, there's only Wacom available in Malaysia. Other brands may need to import.

Thanks in advance.
Wacom still consider the cream of the crop for illustration tablet, if you still choose tablet without display, the best is Wacom Intuos, and you just need to get a better monitor display.

Tablet with display for bamboo is pricey as hell and the new model are not portable at all (must connect to AC plug). the advantage of it? it is damn good to use. But right now there is a few China brand release tablet with display and with a cheap price, but the problem is not much local review about it and we have no way to test it. Furthermore, we need ship it back for warranty if anything happen.
TSzZNekoChanZz
post Sep 28 2017, 11:37 AM

Casual
428 posts

QUOTE(Pharamain @ Sep 27 2017, 04:43 PM)
Wacom still consider the cream of the crop for illustration tablet, if you still choose tablet without display, the best is Wacom Intuos, and you just need to get a better monitor display.

Tablet with display for bamboo is pricey as hell and the new model are not portable at all (must connect to AC plug). the advantage of it? it is damn good to use. But right now there is a few China brand release tablet with display and with a cheap price, but the problem is not much local review about it and we have no way to test it. Furthermore, we need ship it back for warranty if anything happen.
I see. Right now I'm saving up for Wacom Cintiq which costs around RM4800++ in Malaysia. But of course, I would prefer if there are cheaper alternatives to Cintiq.

I have seen Ugee and Huion graphics tablet on Lazada but they do not come with warranty and they are shipped from overseas which makes me skeptical.

I would like to know if Wacom have dedicated distributor or shop in Malaysia. Google search came out nothing.
Pharamain
post Sep 28 2017, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(zZNekoChanZz @ Sep 28 2017, 11:37 AM)
I see. Right now I'm saving up for Wacom Cintiq which costs around RM4800++ in Malaysia. But of course, I would prefer if there are cheaper alternatives to Cintiq.

I have seen Ugee and Huion graphics tablet on Lazada but they do not come with warranty and they are shipped from overseas which makes me skeptical.

I would like to know if Wacom have dedicated distributor or shop in Malaysia. Google search came out nothing.
There are few shop that sell Wacom with their own distributors, the one i know is at Lowyat (2 shop at 2nd top floor: i forget the shop name, but the shop got sell other item such as monitor and such) and one IT shop at KLCC selling them.
jamilselamat
post Oct 8 2017, 05:40 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

If you can settle with standard tablet, Wacom Intuos Draw (RM500++) Medium is OK. Thin, can fit in bag with your laptop. This is my standard setup when I'm outstationed.

If you can afford to spend more for larger working area and more hotkeys, but Intuos Pro Medium.

If you want cheap tablet that's just OK to draw directly on screen, and dont mind canvas resolution restricted to below 2400x1600 for sketching, buy Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016 With S Pen. I've been using this for a month now, and it's the best you can get for under 1.5k.

jamilselamat
post Oct 8 2017, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(zZNekoChanZz @ Sep 28 2017, 11:37 AM)

Actually, recent Huion display tablets are good enough. The very latest versions now have less nonsensical designs and slightly better driver support.

...Problem is, Huion's closest distributor to us is Singapore, and their prices have increased beyond what most people are willing to pay for non Wacom.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:29 PM