Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tech Support [Help] Bad modem&router combo from UniFi, Slow, intermittent disconnect WiFi

views

mikeleecious P
post Mar 27 2020, 07:56 PM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(aerosyah @ Mar 22 2020, 10:37 PM)
any update on new router?
the router is decent. stable connection. wide coverage. i can still get FULL bars wifi with 2.4g connection when im on 1st floor. ( my router is located a living room Ground FLoor)

restarting router only takes about 30 seconds to get connected back which is cool too.

as for 5g it is stable when i am located around living room area. about 250mbps from my mobile and 300mbps from my laptop itself..

anything u can ask again!

thank you!

-Mike-

heLL_bOy
post May 6 2020, 02:41 AM

Regular
1,152 posts

any1 experiencing DL4480V1 router that connected to unifi about 30min later ipv6 are stuck and unable to use? only able to use ipv4

even after rebooting the router still same issue. only can do is manually disconnect and connect through the router page only can use back ipv6

This post has been edited by heLL_bOy: May 6 2020, 02:43 AM
aarenz
post Jul 27 2020, 01:55 PM

7 posts

Recently, I also got 30mbps unifi installed and it comes with dl4480v1 router.

I think same problem as posted, every now and then suddenly cannot load some pages, and cannot access router.

however, sometimes can connect to fast.com and it shows internet is running because can perform speedtest.

i need to reset the router to make it work again.

so i just changed PTM Wan and DSL WAN IP protocol to IPv4 on both settings.

Trying it out now.

Previously was using Unifi Air on Huawei b525s-65a modem/router and no such problem.

Now regret selling that Huawei.

Should have kept on using it.

what else can be done here sifus?

lan00
post Aug 31 2020, 07:42 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(aarenz @ Jul 27 2020, 01:55 PM)
Recently, I also got 30mbps unifi installed and it comes with dl4480v1 router.

I think same problem as posted, every now and then suddenly cannot load some pages, and cannot access router.

however, sometimes can connect to fast.com and it shows internet is running because can perform speedtest.

i need to reset the router to make it work again.

so i just changed PTM Wan and DSL WAN IP protocol to IPv4 on both settings.

Trying it out now.

Previously was using Unifi Air on Huawei b525s-65a modem/router  and no such problem.

Now regret selling that Huawei.

Should have kept on using it.

what else can be done here sifus?
I have the same problem. With IPv4/IPv6 in PTM WAN, my connection keeps disconnecting, and speed drops insane low i.e 3mbps at times. Basically, unstable connections. After the change to IPv4 only, in the PTM WAN setup, this fixed the problem. No more disconnections and speed is stable and never drop to an insanely low number. However, I was using Maxis and never have such problems with their router, and it is constantly about 27-30 Mbps and rarely drop, while with this Netis router, is basically POS. No connection drop now, but nowhere near advertised 30 Mbps too.
namadgi
post Oct 1 2020, 11:16 AM

3 posts

Anyone tried doing port forwarding on this router? I tried multiple time and it showing the port is forwarded... but i cannot access my server via the internet.
WaNaWe900
post Jan 16 2021, 11:40 PM

చąហ ąచҽ™
1,252 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Dec 19 2019, 11:04 AM)
I'm assuming you're using VDSL? If so, change to a third-party modem router such as the TP-Link, D-Link, or even Tenda.
Hye.. so I'm on VSDL too icon_rolleyes.gif now using the Netis DL4480V1 as Modem only... Can I change the modem ? sweat.gif

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Mar 8 2020, 09:46 AM)
It is not overkill at all. If your budget is around that, get the C2300. You will see that it is a huge difference. I would however suggest the Asus RT-AC86U. The C2300 is a really good router, unfortunately, it is already EOL, so won't have any support or update to its firmware.
Indeed... Best decision ever in getting this AC86U bout year & half replacing the supplied Modem+Router by UniFi thumbup.gif

QUOTE(AsuKi @ Apr 23 2020, 10:33 PM)
new firmware for Netis DL4480V1
Is this firmware improve anything or just can skip if use as modem only hmm.gif

QUOTE(tkn0811 @ Jan 15 2021, 09:53 PM)
which recommended modem router brand for Unifi...?
me using Asus sweat.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:46 AM