Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V09, looking for new TS

views

grinnfrownin
post Sep 28 2017, 08:14 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 27 2017, 09:45 PM)
Damn. Another kena cilok. I made sure mine is extra difficult to remove but now I worried if the idiot trying on my car, give up and scratch my bonnet instead. sad.gif
Go hardware store and look for leg covers, black round shape. But only good stores will have it (have range of drill to paint to multimeters sold), MR DIY dont have.

Those cover sold for less than RM2 or so, can buy lots and never worry about people stealing. I shoulda brought more since I see some my frens city lost the cover. sweat.gif
grinnfrownin
post Sep 28 2017, 08:20 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Sep 27 2017, 01:06 PM)
model C0096 .both also can . but I paid rm60 for it . Rm75 a bit expensive.

if u stay around PJ,can go PH AUTO at Seapark PJ.they sell around rm60 only .. all my parts get from there
What's the warranty case with changing pollen dust filter by our own? Anyone know?
grinnfrownin
post Sep 29 2017, 07:50 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(zuhaili87 @ Sep 29 2017, 05:14 PM)
Just bought 2 of those wiper nut cap today at Honda SC and it cost me RM18. Sigh. Let's see how long will it last this time. I think it's kinda hot thing to steal nowadays, cheebye those mat rempit.
cool2.gif Woah...You best super glued the shit outta your wiper nut cap.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 2 2017, 09:35 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Yakisaru @ Oct 2 2017, 09:25 PM)
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any recommendations as to where I should go for paint? I did some research and Gan Motor spray paiting pops up.

For touchup paint, any shop/brand you can recommend? Sorry for asking many questions, I just got this car and it just so happen that I wasn't so lucky today.

These kinds of scratches (especially the 1st) would give me sleepless night so I kinda want to fix it ASAP. Plus I'm afraid it'll rust if left for too long.
For touchup, try ezytouch : http://www.ezytouchup.com
Ships locally. Performence is so-so, depends on your skills also. My touch up skills are pretty shit but it gets job done and no longer bothers me.
Find the code for your car colour and order the complete set. Test on other surface, then patiently do the steps on actual damage.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 3 2017, 07:50 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Yakisaru @ Oct 3 2017, 12:29 PM)
Thanks grinn and babylon! Will look into your advices and fix my car hopefully within this week! Btw for modern steel metallic, the colour code is NH797M yes?
correct
grinnfrownin
post Oct 4 2017, 02:36 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(sparktzm @ Oct 3 2017, 11:13 PM)
Mine also booking place on end of sep. Not yet get. City e

Btw if install bodykit outside will it void warranty?
No. Bodykit dont mess with electronics or engine or suspensions (things where warranty most important).

Even if you contact SA to install with honda, they'll just bring your car to outside shop and install (with extra added price). And that bodykit will only have limited warranty of maybe 7 or so months.

what type of kit are you aiming for? There's plenty aside from the usual modulo.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 5 2017, 09:23 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(sparktzm @ Oct 4 2017, 08:10 PM)
Ask due to my SA said will void warranty if install outside honda. Even do tint outside can cause warranty to be void. 

Yes aiming for modulo bodykit with spoiler. Does anyone know current price for this bodykit.
If you feel like being coy, ask the SA which warranty? Suspension? Engine? Radio? Tyres? Bodykit doesnt touch any of these things.
That SA being very dishonest, sucks you get that kind.
I installed kit outside and made warranty claim to suspensions. SC only asked if I mod my rims to sport rim.
Ditch that SA asap.

For price. search at mudah.my for modulo honda body kit. You will discover plenty others type too.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 9 2017, 10:30 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(tachlio @ Oct 9 2017, 09:21 AM)
Go to your bluetooth setting, press setting icon on "HONDA HFT"
Disable "Media Audio" ONLY!

Then all media will sound from Phone, include
- wave or navi audio...
- whatapp video/audio sound...
- Spotify will sound from phone instead of phone
(you wont see "Bluetooth" sellecction" from Vspec HU"

You phone normal calling will still through HU. (Phone Audio must be check)
Enable Phone Audio

Disable Media Audio

Enable contact sharing

Like tachlio mention, if you enable media audio, HU will reroute all sounds to HU speakers. Problem is, if your audio is not changed to bluetooth channel on HU, it's all muted.
Slow down with hardware upgrade man, always check settings first
grinnfrownin
post Oct 10 2017, 04:38 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(j88j @ Oct 10 2017, 03:01 PM)
Thanks buddy
Problem solved after you guys gave the guideline
Through City E Spec FL 2017 bit different in user interface but concept was there
Thanks again thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif

[attachmentid=9221129]
Noo man, change in your phone setting only. Just your phone.

Otherwise if you change in your city HU, every phone cannot play audio through your HU. Someday perhaps a friend wanna plan music through your car sound system, and she wont be able to.

Sometimes I on enable my media audio, open youtube video on my phone while long distant driving. So the sound of the video comes from the car sound system instead of the phone.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 13 2017, 10:17 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(MOMOchacha @ Oct 13 2017, 08:18 AM)
how much it cost for the paint? suitable for our original paint?
wou, but need to spend RM1k over to start the engine only? sweat.gif
ezytouch combo set is around rm60. It will not look as good as original paint or proper work shop paint. Work shop wont to touch ups either, must complete part. Last time I replace side mirror..paint job at another shop cost rm70, looks good like ori.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 16 2017, 02:53 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(xin @ Oct 15 2017, 05:52 PM)
Good question. Japan smart key fob same like us. But also we need white mice to buy and test to confirm haha.

Installed City X genuine DRL. The drl and drl module is comes from Philips. Downside is when turn on small light it auto off the drl. So I added a dim down relay and now it dims down when turn on small lights.

[attachmentid=9240970]

Loving it. Next project rear grace led lights and maybe front led lights if budget permits.
That's not downside, that's intended purpose. DRL is for daytime. It should turn off at night at let night lights do their job unless someone wanna do a light show (which is aplenty in our country doh.gif )

I installed similar DRL with additional turn signals (yellow blinker). These stuff are prone to burnt outs, often one of the bulb will fail. Now I just turn off the DRL via switch and let the blinker function do it's job. Too much hassle to replace.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 21 2017, 08:07 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 21 2017, 04:38 PM)
Here is my 10,000km service.
[attachmentid=9259194]

Changed stock cabin (dust & pollen) filter to charcoal type.
Also, during engine oil selection, I asked the SC Advisor which oil can last me for next 10k service, and he told me mineral oil also can. I was like  blink.gif then I chose full synth since its only Rm30 above semi-synth. Probably made him happier that I did.

Mineral oil lasting 10k km mileage, ini pun boleh?
I can get cabin filter 50% cheaper using bosch cabin filter. Install yourself, 10 minutes done. Not covered under warranty either way.

Also can get balancing and alignemtn done outside, I can get RM20 cheaper and faster. Last time I got it done in SC and felt like it add way too many waiting hours.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 21 2017, 08:09 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 21 2017, 04:25 PM)
Someone changed to TRW DTEC and others go for Bosch. OEM brands.
Anybody can inform me if brake pad under warranty or not covered?
I claimed for suspensions before. Not sure about brake pads or disc.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 23 2017, 09:39 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(jayro_88 @ Oct 23 2017, 09:19 AM)
How guys. My car 10k service coming this week. What should do and not to do? Plus how much damage?
You warranty booklet outlines all the necessary service to retain warranty. If SC offers anything else, you can decline.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 23 2017, 09:43 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 22 2017, 12:56 PM)
Yeah about the charcoal filter, i did buy a cheaper one from a forumer but when wanted to service my car, i found out my missus threw it away becoz she thought it was junk due to the box condition  vmad.gif .
So i had to buy one from SC during servicing.

Alignment, I was just lazy to go my regular pomen so asked SC to do it. But seeing the time taken and cost, I will do it outside next time.
That sucks alot. You just had 1 filter replaced for the cost of 3 filters cool2.gif
Future later can just order online from lazada or lelong,half price that SC charges.
grinnfrownin
post Oct 29 2017, 03:34 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 28 2017, 12:28 AM)
CFL owners. Those who drives without radio or at low volume, do you guys hear a faint ringing sound that comes out from driver side seatbelt door pillar (B Pillar) when going thru rough/patchy road surfaces?
To me, it sound like a screw not tighten and its washer is vibrating against it, creating a faint ringing "tringgg" sound.
I experience this issue as well, but it's on and off issue. Sometimes I can hear but after driving for some time, it's gone. Sometimes from starting drive to finish no sound.
Very annoying faint sound, please share if you have solution for this. Mine faint nose driver side, seat belt pillar.
grinnfrownin
post Nov 1 2017, 06:43 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(baiseliange @ Nov 1 2017, 03:15 PM)
u hv to talk to them whether they allow or not, for my case my SA stricly said can not and will woid my car warranty...so will go to try other SC soon for 30k km service....
As per warranty booklet by honda themselves, warranty is excluded for engine filter and air con filter, its there in black and white under engine section and air con section. Just say dun wan.

Under what clause mention warranty void for changing this wear and tear item? Change tyre will void whole car warranty?

SA played you. Perhaps let them change engine filter because abit more troublesome than aircon filter. I dont plan doing myself because got touch engine parts, aircon filter easier n safer.

grinnfrownin
post Nov 1 2017, 08:55 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(baiseliange @ Nov 1 2017, 07:06 PM)
from what my SA told me, use the filter not from them will caused problem for the engine and air con system... blink.gif
this is what i found in my service booklet
[attachmentid=9293405]
[attachmentid=9293406]
All those you snap did not mention air filter/cabin filter whatsover. AFAIK old/fake cabin filter/aircon filter just makes your air inside car cabin less healthy.
Engine air filter..no comment. Dont know much the impact whatsoever.
Live and learn. Kena BS oledi.

This post has been edited by grinnfrownin: Nov 1 2017, 08:57 PM
grinnfrownin
post Nov 9 2017, 05:00 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(sl3ge @ Nov 9 2017, 02:12 PM)
But two years ago(few months after this city just lunch), i saw some post in lowyat,
the technician potong the plastic to change something.. what is it? does anyone remember?

tyre wont lah.
but if change brake pad yourself should void warranty to suspension.

any cabin filter recommend?
My car two years aldy hvnt change
2years is a long time for not changing cabin filter. I can only assume your cabin air will instantly incapacitate or kill allergy prone person.

Btw I claimed FOC for suspensions. Apparently changing rims to sport rim will void suspension warranty.
grinnfrownin
post Nov 28 2017, 08:06 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(roldani @ Nov 28 2017, 01:52 PM)
My 6-month old city is making nyik nyik noise/loud grinding sound whenever I press on the brake, the noise is louder when the car going down slope.

I've been complaining about this to the service center, twice, but they checked and said everything is fine with my brake. But I'm still disappointed with the annoying noise and is considering to ask them to change the brake pad. This grinding sound should not happen to a new car right? Has anyone encountered this before? Any advise?
Have similar issue, sc explain no issue with brakes just noise.
Forgot what they explain oledi because mine makes noise when breaking at super low speeds

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:26 PM