Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V09, looking for new TS

views

eddie2020
post Sep 23 2017, 01:40 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

Finally new thread... Anyone change or add daylight?
eddie2020
post Oct 12 2017, 08:46 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

Guys our Honda City GM6 wiper blade size is 14" / 24"? Can't find the INFO.. or anyone change the size to be more fit
eddie2020
post Oct 12 2017, 03:28 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Oct 12 2017, 12:06 PM)
I use 16/24 ....
Just fit?

QUOTE(Assclown @ Oct 12 2017, 01:21 PM)
I plan to upgrade my tyres from the current 175/65/15 to 195/50/16.

With lightweight rims, will the acceleration suffer a lot from the wider tyres?
Nope... For mine not much issue..
eddie2020
post Oct 14 2017, 11:56 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

Today I service my car and I just watch back my dashcam.. They add normal water to my radiator tank... Walaoooo, is this normal? I purpose buy the coolent to top up if needed they go add water??i going to send this to Honda Malaysia
eddie2020
post Oct 15 2017, 12:01 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Oct 15 2017, 01:26 AM)
that's why I m still thinking to flush my coolant every 60k km myself ...the way service centre add tap water into our coolant reservoir without our consent really make us sick ...

just bought Liqui Moly Radiator Cleaner at lazada @ Rm27 ..initially tot no need to flush now ...probably change my mind and flush it next few weeks
ya... really wth man... I already complaint their FB, I will upload the video and put the branch name later on if I do not get any feedback. By doing this they already shorten our radiator life.. how they educate their foreman and technician that doing service to our car. I think there is no any SOP
eddie2020
post Oct 15 2017, 05:35 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 15 2017, 01:25 PM)
Its Japanese brand so definitely there's SOP. But becoz its not charged in into the service chit, so pomen unable to take out a bottle of coolant (cost) for use unless customer agrees to pay extra.

What the service center should do is add De-ionised (DI) water instead of tap water.

Unless there's a leak, what was lost in system is water evaporation, so adding more coolant mix just increases coolant %. No right or wrong, but higher coolant concentration is usually for cold climate countries to prevent radiator freeze. It may make the radiator thermal dissipation rate slower thou. Tropical standard coolant/water mix is 50/50.
But I don't think sop is carried out. From my experience with Japanese job, the reasonable SOP when found out customer car radiator tank coolent level is low, they should inform customer about this and ask customer do they want to top up or leave it. I am aware my radiator tank water will drop from time to time and I had purchased the coolent to top up last time.

2nd thing, I am not sure the sc is using tap OR DI water. As the same pot is pour into wiper water as well. If all Honda have set sc standard is using DI then diff story.

You mean my tank level drop is water evaporate out from the coolent concentration?

Attached Image
eddie2020
post Oct 16 2017, 08:50 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 15 2017, 07:00 PM)
Its okay to complaint and make sure they check. You may also ask if they used tap water or DI water in that case.

As for ur coolant, what disappears is water molecule due to evaporation. The system is water tight but not airtight so water loss is due to heat. What's written on ur bottle is, if you flush the system, always topup with coolant until entire system is completely full. The coolant in bottle is pre-mix, so deswai it says dont add water (to prevent dilution). After that, its recommended just add DI water.

But its no problem to continue add the bottle coolant, cuz rate of water loss for <10yo cars is very less, so the higher antifreeze concentration is negligible to system performance. Furthermore its near impossible to get DI water at home. So dont worry, you can still continue current practice, but you may want to ask the pomen topup coolant via ur bottle instead of using their water (whatever it is). Cheers.
Ya I already left them a msg.. But I think they don't reply except I complaint email to hq. I guess if they feel guilty they won't admit they use tap right?

The coolent part meaning example my premix ratio is 50/50 then later on my radiator tank drop inside will be like 60 coolent molecule and 40 water molecules?

I don't see any leaking but I not sure from time to time it reduce since over 1 year +.. I own this car just near 2year

eddie2020
post Oct 16 2017, 07:13 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(xin @ Oct 16 2017, 06:20 PM)
2 wires only. One to Acc and another to driving light, can use the connector that connects the side step to get the power.

Weird thing is this 2 cable they dun provide socket. Plus no manual lagi headache. Last time I buy auto dim rear mirror also same, no manual from Honda Access.
Near our fender got 2 socket, I wonder is that foglamp socket? 1 side each.. Above your tyre magat see it from engine bay
eddie2020
post Oct 17 2017, 09:44 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 16 2017, 10:16 PM)
It will turn coolant portion ratio more and more but if you got no leakages, then you probably only add a few ml per year, right? Compared to the volume of coolant in ur system, it will take a long long time to achieve 60/40 ratio. So dont worry.

Best if you can get confirmation from their pomen or SA whether they using DI water, before allow them proceed to service.
Problem is I do not allow and they didn't get my consent, that's why I am so angry with this service.. I found out from my dash cam lol.. And I see the tank level indeed its added... I had purchase before a bottle I think I already pour around 200-300ml from this near 2 year..

QUOTE(im_not_stupid @ Oct 16 2017, 11:25 PM)
https://www.honda.com.my/customer_service/comment

Do it over here. I left bad feedback around service center before and the service center called me to apologize and offer solution to calm me. My guess is HQ acknowledge the case and has the case investigated and wants their staff to settle the case.
Last time I left there hq don't provide me solutions for my radio blue tooth issue.. Nvm later I put this case see what solution

BTW do we have a whatapps group?

This post has been edited by eddie2020: Oct 17 2017, 09:55 AM
eddie2020
post Oct 17 2017, 10:38 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(lil_flank @ Oct 17 2017, 10:07 AM)
I always fill the radiator tank to max before go SC. Then i will tell the CS staff dont fill my tank radiator and change my cabin air filter.
Last time I did, this time I forget.. They won't change ur cabin filter cz they need charges u on the quotation
eddie2020
post Oct 20 2017, 05:39 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

After providing video to Honda Malaysia, the dealer admit their fault and ask me go back for them to replace whole radiator with their new coolent.. Lol.. Meaning they will open 4 bottle for me right? I think I want to request to observe the changes to be done.. Lolb

BTW those with dashcam, do sc member turn off your cam when do servicing? Heard that some sc did that and recently didn't

This post has been edited by eddie2020: Oct 20 2017, 05:41 PM
eddie2020
post Oct 20 2017, 07:40 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(fattchai @ Oct 20 2017, 05:51 PM)
Yes, when I got my car after service my car, i notice my dashcam is unplug from power source. Why would they do that?

I have ask the SA when they refill the radiator water, what water did they use? He told me use honda coolant, and feel free to come over refill for free if the coolant level drop..
Haha, last time I went few sc same then those sc sudden no unplug ady.. But this good for show transparency.. Too bad when I review back 1st service I saw Honda accord during they jack it up half way the car drop from the holding spot, lucky didn't drop from the jack machine.
2nd time is my car saw they put water..

For yours I doubt they use Honda coolent. This coolent is under their cost if they did so. Not under Honda cost.. If the sc really do that I wonder how costly is it..
As my case HM told me branch will flush and reinput newncoolent under dealer cost (meaning they own pay)

QUOTE(BabyZero @ Oct 20 2017, 07:21 PM)
Hi guys, my City had sound from the front passenger seat(outside), whenever the road is uneven/speeding make it unstable, the sound will appeared. its tick tick/ teck teck sound continuously until i reach even road/ stop the car, anyone can advise whats the problem? By the way, no accident at all.
Cross bump got? Driver seatr only? How's ur weight
eddie2020
post Oct 21 2017, 08:05 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(BabyZero @ Oct 20 2017, 08:07 PM)
Hi there, thanks for replying.

Cross bump dont have because its on slow speed. Its passenger seat. No ppl sit on that seat and its from outside thr sound. Im 65 but in driver seat
I see my case is driver seat loose..

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 20 2017, 11:43 PM)
I think they reuse coolant bottle and pour water kua. Like you said, coolant is cost to SC, sure they wont give FOC as you like.

after hearing about that SC you went to, will you still go back again?
But they give me catch red handed... I will request to observe the change... If they dont allow I don't want change.
eddie2020
post Dec 6 2017, 08:17 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(heart strings @ Dec 6 2017, 12:54 AM)
Does the honda warranty covers rust? The bonnet of a 2 year old car started to rust. Believe because of a stone chip on the bonnet and didn't know it will turn to rust. Seriously the quality of honda is terrible now. Can see the pain is so thin..
Same here.. I don't think it's covered cause the stone hit and cause your paint to chip off...

BTW anyone here install the wind insulation rubber /seal around your door pillar?
I bought to diy but I scare stick wrong... Plz share some picture if you have... Thanks
eddie2020
post Dec 6 2017, 07:02 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(calvin_kenni @ Dec 6 2017, 01:20 PM)
City 2017 v spec here.
Initially I thought wanna install.
But upon checking noted already pre fitted by Honda upon receiving the car.
I see some video they got apply on Honda City. I think got few area?

QUOTE(haoadam @ Dec 6 2017, 02:24 PM)
Hv u ever try to reach 120kmh and above?
i noticed my left passenger door have some wind coming noise above tat speed.. SC cant identify tat as there are no test field in Malysia  biggrin.gif
110 also got wind sound ady
eddie2020
post Dec 9 2017, 11:14 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

Guys jz finish outstation around 4xx km. Now I donno what happen when I cross bump my front of car got sound.. The sound happen when cross bump in 15kmph sounds like "tak tak".. I had check absorber spring didn't break... Anyone got this issue?
eddie2020
post Dec 13 2017, 12:41 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

Guys anyone use led head lamp? Those 32w 55w 110w all got what impact? Thinking to get 1 with 110w 20k lm... Anyone use? Haha
eddie2020
post Dec 14 2017, 07:29 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

Currently something wrong with my car.. Crossing bump got knocking sound sometimes or with load.. Wanted to know those sc will said void warranty, how is consider void? Absorber and spring? Those steering rack consider void or not? If spring or absorber I can consider change but steering rack too expensive... Or any one claimed can pm me sc? My car using aftermarket rim due to tyre replacement last time
eddie2020
post Dec 15 2017, 10:22 AM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Dec 14 2017, 10:20 PM)
What kinda sound and did you go over bump too fast? Isit a 'kung' sound?
Why not go to another SC to ask?
Something like krak or tak sound... Not yet go any sc.. Let's say if Sc1 reject they won't put in record void my warranty rite? I still can go sc 2 sc 3 onward rite?
eddie2020
post Dec 15 2017, 02:28 PM

Trusted
2,715 posts

QUOTE(Yakisaru @ Dec 15 2017, 02:13 PM)
I'm not so sure myself. This is the first time it's happened since I have the car. Haven't tried changing the key fob battery though
Put your key fob near push start and try start... If not working then possible your car battery? Did you change car battery before?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2020 - 02:09 AM